PDA

View Full Version : Brewer Could Make Coach Flat's Job A Whole Lot Easier

BlueBlitzer
05-10-2013, 09:35 AM
If Brewer could win the Right Tackle Position, are there players we just do not need around here any longer ? Pugh and David D. could be plugged in anywhere. If Pugh can master the Center position, do we need Cordle any longer ? What about the 2 tackle projects we signed last year, would they become expendable.

jomo
05-10-2013, 09:39 AM
I could be wrong on this but if Brewer is ready to start this year, we would have seen him more last year during those depleted weeks after Locklear's injury.

Kruunch
05-10-2013, 09:48 AM
If Brewer could win the Right Tackle Position, are there players we just do not need around here any longer ? Pugh and David D. could be plugged in anywhere. If Pugh can master the Center position, do we need Cordle any longer ? What about the 2 tackle projects we signed last year, would they become expendable.

I don't think we would have drafted Pugh if Brewer was a lock to start at RT. At this point, I think Pugh is more of the front runner there based on comments by the Giants FO.

B&RWarrior
05-10-2013, 09:51 AM
I think the only way our run blocking improves dramatically is if Brewer starts at RT and Pugh plays at Guard. Otherwise the only new addition is Pugh and he's not a mauler.

ryan12
05-10-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't think we would have drafted Pugh if Brewer was a lock to start at RT. At this point, I think Pugh is more of the front runner there based on comments by the Giants FO.

i agree

Kruunch
05-10-2013, 09:54 AM
I think the only way our run blocking improves dramatically is if Brewer starts at RT and Pugh plays at Guard. Otherwise the only new addition is Pugh and he's not a mauler.

Syracuse rushed for over 1000 yards two years in a row with Pugh at OT. And I don't think I'm ready to say that Pugh would be a better run blocker at OG than either Boothe or Snee.

BigBlue wins
05-10-2013, 09:55 AM

Hey man, with all due respect, you can't plug Diehl anywhere. That will be the weakness on the line

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 09:59 AM
I could be wrong on this but if Brewer is ready to start this year, we would have seen him more last year during those depleted weeks after Locklear's injury.

Brewer was in an open competition with Diehl for the RT spot last training camp and got smoked. I agree that the selection of Pugh speaks volumes about what the FO thinks of Brewer as a starting RT at this point.

McCants is one of the worst football players I have ever seen and I expect no contribution from him, if he even makes the team. Mosley is still a question mark since he was basically injured all of last season.

jomo
05-10-2013, 09:59 AM
I don't think we would have drafted Pugh if Brewer was a lock to start at RT. At this point, I think Pugh is more of the front runner there based on comments by the Giants FO.Yep

B&RWarrior
05-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Syracuse rushed for over 1000 yards two years in a row with Pugh at OT. And I don't think I'm ready to say that Pugh would be a better run blocker at OG than either Boothe or Snee.

I'm thinking Brewer is representing the upgrade in the run blocking. Pugh won't be better than Snee at run blocking- ever. I think he could challenge Boothe. Boothe is serviceable but nothing to write home about, IMO.

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 10:26 AM
I could be wrong on this but if Brewer is ready to start this year, we would have seen him more last year during those depleted weeks after Locklear's injury. +1

G-Men Surg.
05-10-2013, 11:58 AM

+ 1 ! And I'm excited to see what that kid Herman can do right off the bat. I have a hunch he is going to pan out. At the very least I feel he can come in and contribute and in the meanwhile continue his development and grasp of the offensive verbiage. I'm counting the days to see the first summer camp fight and I'll bet you he is going to be in the middle of it. Love his mean streak and toughness.

TrueBlue@NYC
05-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Honestly, the team really needs for some of these OL prospects to start panning out. Pugh will be a starter on the line somewhere this year, which helps. But, they really need someone to step up between Brewer, McCants and Mosely and become at least a serviceable player.

Whatever happened to that young OG that so many were high on until he got?

gmen0820
05-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Whatever happened to that young OG that so many were high on until he got?Mitch Putrid? I mean, Petris?

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Mitch Putrid? I mean, Petris?

I Like the idea that Herman is supposed to be a mauler, but I fear that he might turn out to be another Petrus.

jomo
05-10-2013, 05:05 PM
+ 1 ! And I'm excited to see what that kid Herman can do right off the bat. I have a hunch he is going to pan out. At the very least I feel he can come in and contribute and in the meanwhile continue his development and grasp of the offensive verbiage. I'm counting the days to see the first summer camp fight and I'll bet you he is going to be in the middle of it. Love his mean streak and toughness.He's a much better bet than Brewer.