PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Giants Fan Club in the Richmond, VA area

smd16nwo
05-10-2013, 12:03 PM
So I was wonderng if anyone else has started a fan club in their area and would love some ideas as to how to make this happen and grow. I have some locations already scouted out where we could meet to watch the games on Sundays, but I wanted to be able to possibly set up trips to games home or away.

Jahh
05-10-2013, 12:35 PM
close to me but not close enough

Rudyy
05-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty far too..sorry dude. You can start a group on Facebook and invite any Giants fans from the Richmond area and decide where to meet up.

smd16nwo
05-10-2013, 12:53 PM
That's a good idea, I will create a Richmond Giants Fan Club page on Facebook and have my friends who are fans, share it with their friends. Do any of you have anything like that in your areas?

Jahh
05-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I know a couple Giants bars but last year I watched basically all the games at home. Saving money on the beer and food since I got the ticket.

Rudyy
05-10-2013, 01:03 PM
That's a good idea, I will create a Richmond Giants Fan Club page on Facebook and have my friends who are fans, share it with their friends. Do any of you have anything like that in your areas?Yes. We have a "Big Blue in NOVA" group and they actually have a bar and all the Giants fans in NOVA meet up at the bar to watch the games.

G-Men Surg.
05-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Richmond related,

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 1m
One of several who were close to deals last night. RT @JennyVrentas: S Cooper Taylor, fifth-round pick, signed his rookie deal this morning.

smd16nwo
05-10-2013, 04:29 PM
That's pretty cool, is it a good turnout and have they ever gone as far as planning a trip to a game? With us being close to Fed Ex Field, we could definitely try to do at least that road game to support the team. Maybe I will try to contact someone from Big Blue Travel and see if they have any package deals they could work out with us for the game. Where do you guys meet at in NOVA, maybe one weekend a bunch of us can come up to the bar and watch a game.

S.I 2 VA GMEN
05-10-2013, 05:51 PM
I know a couple Giants bars but last year I watched basically all the games at home. Saving money on the beer and food since I got the ticket.Hey bro, I have been living in Va bch for years n still can't find a half decent Giants bar. Can you point me in the right direct?

btbrennan
05-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Just moved down to Richmond for school, would love to be a part of this. Maybe we can meet up for games at a bar or something when season comes around?

NYgiants87**
05-11-2013, 01:11 AM
S.I 2 VA GMEN have you ever been to The Club House on Holland Rd. and Shipps Corner in Va Beach HUGE Giants Bar and fan club.

S.I 2 VA GMEN
05-11-2013, 04:17 PM
S.I 2 VA GMEN have you ever been to The Club House on Holland Rd. and Shipps Corner in Va Beach HUGE Giants Bar and fan club.Yea I know where that's at, but never been there. Thx I will check bro, good looking out.

Alumni2k11
05-11-2013, 04:29 PM
S.I 2 VA GMEN have you ever been to The Club House on Holland Rd. and Shipps Corner in Va Beach HUGE Giants Bar and fan club.

I may have to check this out as well (Live in Norfolk, but work in VB).

jomo
05-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I haven't started a fan club but wish you well with your missionary work. Good luck!

NYgiants87**
05-11-2013, 08:18 PM
The Club House is a blast can get rowdy but all in good fun. Its $20 to join the fan club but you get a wrist band and T-Shirt that gets you half off wings and beer they also raffle off G-Men stuff during the game and some places out in town give you 10% off Giants merchandise if you show the wrist band.

Rat_bastich
05-11-2013, 11:07 PM
I know a couple Giants bars but last year I watched basically all the games at home. Saving money on the beer and food since I got the ticket.

Yeah, was about to say I thought there was a bar that acted as the local Giants Club in Virginia Beach. Never made it down there, but if a former co-worker of mine was any indication of the knowledge the "Club" had(they only knew Amani Toomer by number 81 and called Tiki, Kiki) I was not interested.

GMEN DIVA
07-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Would love to be a part of the fan club in Richmond. I have a couple of friends too that may want to be part of the action. Did you start the Facebook page?