PDA

View Full Version : If we win this Sunday we host the Lions or Atlanta....who then?

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Does anyone have prediction on who and where we will play in the playoffs if we keep advancing?
Our likely opponents?

What are chances we have to go to that hell hole in New Orleans?

Looks like GB will be seeded 1st, SFO #2, and The Saints #3......if the games this weelk play out to predictions

We will be seeded #4

I KNOW THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL........please do not bore me with that response- "we have to get there 1st"

I'm just trying to chart our destiny if we keep winning in the NFC

I'm assuming we will play the #1 seed as the #4- so we go to GB

The other game would be the 49rs hosting New Orleans

The best outcome for us then would be us going to SFO and going on to face the Patriots for Giants/Patriots II in Indianapolis

ESPN just predicted the Cowboys to win sunday so were w a shoe in now

daynemustgo
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
1.GB
2.SF
3.NO
4.NY
5.DET
6.Atl

WC Round - Ny over DEt and NO over ATL
Divisional - Ny over GB and NO over SF
NFC Championship - NO over NY????

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 10:58 AM
1.GB
2.SF
3.NO
4.NY
5.DET
6.Atl

hopefully you have that SF/NO game wrong

If SFO can stymie the Saints Offense.....its possible

I think this is more possible than us winning in New Orleans..........but if we did that would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet........maybe have Brees carried off the field as icing on the cake
after JPP falls on him

MikeIsaGiant
12-30-2011, 11:00 AM
If we win this Sunday, we host either Atlanta or Lions. The answer to "who then" isn't necessary until we beat either Atlanta or Detroit, but that remains to be seen if we even get that far.

It starts in New York against Dallas

TrueBlue07
NY over Det
NO over Atl

NY over GB
SF over NO (NO is a drastically different team on the road)

NY over SF

not that I think this is what will happen, but if you told me the NYG got to the SB this is how I'd assume they got there.

Giantsin04
1.GB
2.SF
3.NO
4.NY
5.DET
6.Atl

Just thinking about that seems daunting. But, the Giants don't make anything easy, and don't do anything the easy way. ATL then GB then NO then PIT. Would be another epic run.

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 11:03 AM
If we win this Sunday, we host either Atlanta or Lions. The answer to "who then" isn't necessary until we beat either Atlanta or Detroit, but that remains to be seen if we even get that far.

You just HAD to be the guy who ignored my plea to lose the "we have to get there 1st" BS.....this is a hypothetical post..........keep your negative reality to yourself LOL

MikeIsaGiant
12-30-2011, 11:12 AM

You just HAD to be the guy who ignored my plea to lose the "we have to get there 1st" BS.....this is a hypothetical post..........keep your negative reality to yourself LOL

Oh, to say we have to beat Dallas first is a negative reality? LOL.

Are you like 10?

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 11:13 AM

Are you like 10?

No I'm 9 but I'll be 10 on Feb 11th, and I'm a girl

what are you like 3 and you cannot READ!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeIsaGiant
12-30-2011, 11:14 AM

Are you like 10?

No I'm 9 but I'll be 10 on Feb 11th, and I'm a girl

F............N.............A..........H!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay pal, I understand. It's tough coming out like that.

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Me too I understand it must be a titanic effort for you to be posting after your Lobotomy[;)]

MikeIsaGiant
12-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Me too I understand it must be a titanic effort for you to be posting after your Lobotomy[;)]

My brain is still functional, Nostradamus

daynemustgo
12-30-2011, 11:24 AM

My brain is still functional, Nostradamus

dont let Jakk get under your skin. As long as he has his protective headgear on he cant hurt himself.

NYSPORTS
12-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Just avoid New Orleans is all I ask if they make the playoffs.

I am concerned however, the Jets discovered a way to confuse the Giants offense. It was a lot of yardage but only 9 completions.

brad
12-30-2011, 11:33 AM
NY over Det
NO over Atl

NY over GB

NY over SF

not that I think this is what will happen, but if you told me the NYG got to the SB this is how I'd assume they got there.

This is actually a pretty good scenario, and one that could very well play out. I was about to post pretty much the same thing :)

daynemustgo
12-30-2011, 11:34 AM
NY over Det
NO over Atl

NY over GB

NY over SF

This is actually a pretty good scenario, and one that could very well play out. I was about to post pretty much the same thing :)

I just want another shot at SF...

JesseJames
12-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't like New Orleans but from what I've seen of their offense against the Falcons it looks like everybodys playoff and SB plans will end when they play the Saints..their offense looks unstoppable..

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Its stoppable..............but requires you get to Brees and put a hurting on him

brad
12-30-2011, 11:40 AM
NY over Det
NO over Atl

NY over GB

NY over SF

I just want another shot at SF...

I want another shot at GB...

G-Man67
12-30-2011, 11:42 AM
i hate to get ahead of ourselves, we will have our hands full this weekend and as much of a diehard fan as i am, i still look at the Cowboy game as a coin toss

but if we win, that is an interesting choice ... you have Detroit with 0 playoff experience, but the combo of Stafford and Johnson is scary

then you have Atlanta with playoff experience, but lacking some confidence right now ... still Turner, White, Jones, etc. is pretty formidable

and, yeah, i was saying the other night how much i would absolutely love another shot at SF ... obviously we would already have 3 straight big wins going into that matchup and i would be very, very confident

that's why it absolutely sickens me when i see "fans" posting let's lose so we can fire our coaches ... the same sentiment was rampant in 2007 and here we go again .. sure it is a long shot to win, but that's why they play the games ... i'm not intimidated by any team in the league except Green Bay and we more than held out own vs. them .... in fact when we went to GB in 2007 the media gave us no chance to win ... if somehow, someway we went back there this year ... i bet they'd give us a slight chance to win, so we are already ahead of 2007 expectations

giantotherness
12-30-2011, 11:46 AM
If we win this weekend, yes it must start there...but if we're pulling out crystal balls...

NY over Det
Atl over NO

NY over GB
Atl over SF

NY over Atl

(NO, GB and SF are/have peaked) NY and Atl are on way up...

MikeIsaGiant
12-30-2011, 12:08 PM
If it's any team I want to play, it's GB. I think we have a shot to beat them, and that'll prove something.

NO is scary, and to be honest I think it's them who goes all the way to the SB, not GB.

tonyt830
12-30-2011, 12:15 PM
If we win this weekend, yes it must start there...but if we're pulling out crystal balls...

NY over Det
Atl over NO

NY over GB
Atl over SF

NY over Atl

(NO, GB and SF are/have peaked) NY and Atl are on way up...
If Atlanta beats the Saints in the wildcard rd, they are the 6th seed and would go to the Packers #1 seed. The Giants, the 4 seed, would travel to the #2 seed, 49ers.

Atlanta would have to beat the Pack at Lambeau before they could face the Giants in the NFC Championship at Giants stadium.

The #1 seed always faces the lowest remaining seeded team in the divisional round.

Easy-Duz-It
12-30-2011, 12:55 PM
it's the Falcons ladies and gents. The Falcons. not the Lions. i know it's possible we play the Lions, but in all likelihood we won't.

if the Falcons beat the Bucs this weekend and the Lions lose to the Packers, then Atlanta will be this fifth seed and we will be hosting them.

i like our chances in round one. i really just want another shot at green bay. it would make my year if we could make another super bowl run, but i'd be happy with just another game against the Packers, assuming they don't embarrass themselves. i don't think they would.

oh yea... and then i'm hoping the saints lose somewhere along the way. ideally in a dream world we would get to host the Lions in the nfc championship. ideally. realistically if we make it that far we are playing either at san fran or at new orleans. i don't think anyone here in their right minds would want the Giants to have to travel to the superdome again. but hey...anything can happen.