PDA

View Full Version : Assuming we carry 6 WR's which we most likely will, Jernigan sticks?

NYG4lifeNYK
05-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Murphy, Marcus Davis

Now for the 6th, I'd love to keep Marcus Sales and dump Jernigan.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1581147-nfl-draft-breaking-down-syracuses-marcus-sales-as-a-sleeper-pick

I hope we keep both Marcus Davis and Marcus Sales

giantscolombia
05-10-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm on the RELEASE JERNITRASH train..

NYG4lifeNYK
05-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm on the RELEASE JERNITRASH train..

As am I, nothing against the kid but he doesn't offer a lot for us.

Ok, he showed some signs as a punt returner last season but he also muffed a bunch.

I would hate if we passed on Sales for Jernigan... the Falcons invited Sales in as a priority free agent.

"He was projected as a fringe draft pick but will now head to Atlanta with teammate Deon Goggins (http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/04/deon_goggins_will_join_atlanta.html), who was invited as a priority free agent, according to his agent."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/04/former_syracuse_wide_receiver_2.html

Falcons have an eye for WR talent.... we better jump all over this kid.

YES for BOTH Marcus'.

njg85m
05-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Part of me hates to give up on a kid who was so highly touted 2 years ago and appeared to have endless potential, but another part of me thinks that if Jernigan didn't show us anything by now, he never will.

Louis Murphy is going to excel in our system and if he can remain healthy I promise you guys it will be one of the best FA moves you have seen in a long time.

Also, I'm really interested in seeing RR's role this year and how well he does.

NYG4lifeNYK
05-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Part of me hates to give up on a kid who was so highly touted 2 years ago and appeared to have endless potential, but another part of me thinks that if Jernigan didn't show us anything by now, he never will.

Louis Murphy is going to excel in our system and if he can remain healthy I promise you guys it will be one of the best FA moves you have seen in a long time.

Also, I'm really interested in seeing RR's role this year and how well he does.

Randle is going to light it up this year as Nicks clone.
Murphy is going to play a lot more than some fans think. Just hope we sign him after this season.

Marcus Sales is a talented kid... he has good size and long arms. I've never been a fan of Jernigan :confused:

ryan12
05-10-2013, 01:55 PM
im all for getting rid of jj

njg85m
05-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Randle is going to light it up this year as Nicks clone.
Murphy is going to play a lot more than some fans think. Just hope we sign him after this season.

Marcus Sales is a talented kid... he has good size and long arms. I've never been a fan of Jernigan :confused:

a 3 WR set with Nicks and RR on the outside and Cruz strictly sticking to the slot gives me the warm and fuzzies. Let's hope RR is shot out of a cannon this year.

Mercury
05-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Who back's up Cruz in the slot? Right now it's JJ.

NYG4lifeNYK
05-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Who back's up Cruz in the slot? Right now it's JJ.

I considered that and I'll have you know I have excellent slot capabilities.

I just don't want to get rid of a talented guy like Sales for Jernigan.

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Maybe they will decide after the camp competition is finished?

slipknottin
05-10-2013, 02:29 PM
They aren't going to release jernigan

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 02:36 PM

Rookie contracts are usually exhausted; Sinorice Moss, Ramses Barden as examples.

Carter.525
05-10-2013, 02:41 PM

truth..

FishinTheSalt
05-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Rookie contracts are usually exhausted; Sinorice Moss, Ramses Barden as examples.

I agree and this team won't admit making a mistake with him this quickly and thats using your examples as well.

NYG4lifeNYK
05-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Maybe they will decide after the camp competition is finished?Obviously... lolWe're trying to speculate here

ShakeandBake
05-10-2013, 02:45 PM
In defense of Jernigan, he really didn't have a chance after Cruz emerged. Definitely a different scenario than what happened with Moss. The guy has potential in the return game I really don't think we are going to dump our 3rd rounder just yet, especially to pick up some undrafted FAs on the fly.

NYG4lifeNYK
05-10-2013, 02:48 PM
They aren't going to release jerniganI don't think we will either however say Sales really really impresses during camp then what?I'm also going on the assumption Marcus Davis is a lock as the 5th, considering his abundance of talent and we gave him a $15k signing bonus as an UDFA which tells you how highly we think of him.

Shockeystays08
05-10-2013, 03:05 PM
In defense of Jernigan, he really didn't have a chance after Cruz emerged. Definitely a different scenario than what happened with Moss. The guy has potential in the return game I really don't think we are going to dump our 3rd rounder just yet, especially to pick up some undrafted FAs on the fly.

Best response so far. By far!

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 03:48 PM

+1

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 03:49 PM
I agree and this team won't admit making a mistake with him this quickly and thats using your examples as well.

I don't think it's about admitting a mistake as much as it's hopefully developing the people you pic. Relatively speaking, you aren't paying them a lot to be here.

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Obviously... lolWe're trying to speculate here

I was being a bit sarcastic.

Toadofsteel
05-10-2013, 03:58 PM

This is what I don't understand. I mean, until a couple days ago I had never heard of a "Marcus Sales" before... that sounds like some car dealership owned by a guy named Marcus trying to drum up business...

Even if we only carry 5 WR, Jernigan is still on the roster...

NYG4lifeNYK
05-10-2013, 04:11 PM
This is what I don't understand. I mean, until a couple days ago I had never heard of a "Marcus Sales" before... that sounds like some car dealership owned by a guy named Marcus trying to drum up business...

Even if we only carry 5 WR, Jernigan is still on the roster...

Jernigan would not make the roster over Marcus Davis... the kid has an insane amount of talent. Marcus Sales, probably.

We will almost definitely carry 6 WR's.

MattMeyerBud
05-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Murphy, Marcus Davis

Now for the 6th, I'd love to keep Marcus Sales and dump Jernigan.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1581147-nfl-draft-breaking-down-syracuses-marcus-sales-as-a-sleeper-pick

I hope we keep both Marcus Davis and Marcus Sales

Jernigan definitely in and Davis and sales probably out imo

ShakeandBake
05-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Jernigan would not make the roster over Marcus Davis... the kid has an insane amount of talent. Marcus Sales, probably.

No he wouldn't considering one is a slot WR and the other is an X/Z WR.

slipknottin
05-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Is that why he went undrafted? Too much talent for teams to draft him?

J. Tuck Rule
05-10-2013, 04:54 PM
I think Jernigan has one spot on the team and that's a returner. If he can't do that, he's a practice squad guy.

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I think Jernigan has one spot on the team and that's a returner. If he can't do that, he's a practice squad guy.

He's not eligible for the practice squad and even if he was, he'd be promptly signed by some other team.

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 05:06 PM

Zing

J. Tuck Rule
05-10-2013, 05:07 PM
He's not eligible for the practice squad and even if he was, he'd be promptly signed by some other team.

Then, he either proves in camp he can return kicks and punts or he's gone.

ShakeandBake
05-10-2013, 05:08 PM

Says who?

BigBlue1971
05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
i dont know if the G-Men will keep either Marcus! they will give JJ full opportunity and benefit to show what he can do!

if Barden stayed here for 4 years im sure they will hang onto JJ for at least that long!

hugehomer
05-10-2013, 05:21 PM

Marcus Davis has something in common with Roberto Duran.

BlueSanta
05-10-2013, 05:29 PM
The truth is we are back in a situation we found ourselves a couple years ago and that is we appear to lack speed players for special teams and that will figure into the equation at WR. The guys capable of returning punts or kickoffs or possibly being a gunner are going to have a better chance of making the team.

I do still doubt we release Jernigan prior to the end of his rookie deal, but its not impossible.

Wilson is likely not going to return kicks anymore. TC typically wont let top 2 RBs perform those duties.

Our punt gunner from last year isn't on the team right now. We do have a URFA who is a monumental stud and being a gunner and that is Tweedy, but he plays a crowded position(safety) which will make it hard for him to compete.

I think the last RB spot and the last WR spot have to be filled with guys capable of being active special teams players.

Toadofsteel
05-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I haven't heard of either of these Marcus kids. I don't get why everyone is so high and mighty on them now. Cruz was an anomaly, not the start of a trend. 99% of UDFA don't ever make an impact on a team. It's part of why those few that do (Cruz, Foster, Romo) are talked about so damn much...

Also, Jernigan was being worked onto the field a bit towards the end of the season, with an unusually large number of 2 slot receiver sets (kinda like how we put Paysinger on the field on defense a bit in that weird 4-4 front on defense)

I could see this happening, however... last time we rolled with anything other than 6 was 2010, and that year we went with 7...

Shockeystays08
05-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Going by Gilbrides comments today, the Giants feel pretty good about JJ and have high hopes for him.

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 07:32 PM

He is a return man.

J. Tuck Rule
05-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Says who?

Just my opinion. Just like everything else posted by everyone else here.

J. Tuck Rule
05-10-2013, 07:36 PM
He is a return man.

Doesn't mean he wins the job. If he doesnt win the job, he's gone. IMO

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Doesn't mean he wins the job. If he doesnt win the job, he's gone. IMO

Really not likely as we tend to keep rookies through the initial contracts. Anything is possible.

ShakeandBake
05-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Just my opinion. Just like everything else posted by everyone else here.

Would you like to elaborate? Who will take his roster spot, and why do they deserve it over JJ?

J. Tuck Rule
05-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Would you like to elaborate? Who will take his roster spot, and why do they deserve it over JJ?

Well, since I'm not a roster decision maker for the team nor, has camp even started, I can't give my professional opinion but I'll give it a whirl since you asked so nicely.

I think one reason for camp is to weed out those who are good enough to make the roster. That being said, anyone that is there could be asked to field kicks, if the coaches so choose to ask. And, with that, comes a possibility that one of those asked will do better than the other. Hence, no one person is actually guaranteed a roster position, it's all dependent on their camp 'try outs, if you will.

I'm not asking anyone to feild kicks at camp so, I cant tell you WHO would take his spot. However, and this is just my experience with how business works, if someone other that JJ performs better than him, an the coaches dont find him useful anywhere else......he's gone.

So, I don't know who deserves a spot over him because, no one has applied to the position yet.

ShakeandBake
05-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Well, since I'm not a roster decision maker for the team nor, has camp even started, I can't give my professional opinion but I'll give it a whirl since you asked so nicely.

I think one reason for camp is to weed out those who are good enough to make the roster. That being said, anyone that is there could be asked to field kicks, if the coaches so choose to ask. And, with that, comes a possibility that one of those asked will do better than the other. Hence, no one person is actually guaranteed a roster position, it's all dependent on their camp 'try outs, if you will.

I'm not asking anyone to feild kicks at camp so, I cant tell you WHO would take his spot. However, and this is just my experience with how business works, if someone other that JJ performs better than him, an the coaches dont find him useful anywhere else......he's gone.

So, I don't know who deserves a spot over him because, no one has applied to the position yet.

If JJ somehow doesn't make the roster, it will be because another WR takes his spot. Even if the coaching staff decides that they don't want him back there receiving kicks or punts(They have already said they like what they have seen from Jerningan back there) then they need another slot WR to backup Cruz if he goes down because Jernigan is the only other slot man on the roster. This is why the likelihood of JJ not making the squad is slim to none.

giantsfan420
05-10-2013, 09:52 PM
JJ may have as much potential as any WR on the roster. no way we cut him yet. if he has another year where he cant get that potential onfield, maybe...he was the #1 iirc opening preseason game last yr bc he was making ridic play after ridic play with eli all summer...we dont see a ton of what the coaches see and KG has done nothin but speak highly of the talent he sees.
with his lateral agility, overall athleticism speed and quickness, he could potentially play outside, he isnt even strictly a slot wr yet. we dunno what he is bc we cant get him on the field. the giants have a way they typically follow, Cruz's are the .00001% exception. Wouldnt surprise me in the least if JJ had a breakout kinda year.

that said, i said the same thing about Barden year in year out so...lol

giantsfan420
05-10-2013, 09:55 PM
and if cruz doesnt sign long term, 0 chance we cut JJ as cruz could be gone next yr potentially

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 10:06 PM
and if cruz doesnt sign long term, 0 chance we cut JJ as cruz could be gone next yr potentially

good point

DownWitJPP
05-10-2013, 10:14 PM
JJ may have as much potential as any WR on the roster. no way we cut him yet. if he has another year where he cant get that potential onfield, maybe...he was the #1 iirc opening preseason game last yr bc he was making ridic play after ridic play with eli all summer...we dont see a ton of what the coaches see and KG has done nothin but speak highly of the talent he sees.
with his lateral agility, overall athleticism speed and quickness, he could potentially play outside, he isnt even strictly a slot wr yet. we dunno what he is bc we cant get him on the field. the giants have a way they typically follow, Cruz's are the .00001% exception. Wouldnt surprise me in the least if JJ had a breakout kinda year.

training camp last year all i kept hearing was Jernigan with another amazing circus catch..the kid just needs a chance to get on the field. Kinda hard to make plays and contribute from the bench. He showed some nice kick returning skills towards the end of last year also

Toadofsteel
05-11-2013, 12:27 AM

There is this too... JJ is our insurance policy. He's no slouch at WR either... While I would not see him doing 1000 yard seasons like it was nothing, I could easily see him getting around 600-700 yards if Cruz did end up departing...

Flip Empty
05-11-2013, 12:34 AM
I haven't heard of either of these Marcus kids. I don't get why everyone is so high and mighty on them now. Cruz was an anomaly, not the start of a trend. 99% of UDFA don't ever make an impact on a team. It's part of why those few that do (Cruz, Foster, Romo) are talked about so damn much...
Miles Austin, too. I've always found it interesting that two of the Cowboys' biggest contributors in recent years have been UDFAs. They got lucky there.

giants8493
05-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Maybe they will decide after the camp competition is finished?No we have to decide right now

Toadofsteel
05-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Miles Austin, too. I've always found it interesting that two of the Cowboys' biggest contributors in recent years have been UDFAs. They got lucky there.

My point is, though, that for every powerhouse UDFA you hear about, there are about 50 that are cut from the roster each season...

giants8493
05-11-2013, 12:38 AM

Also, Jernigan was being worked onto the field a bit towards the end of the season, with an unusually large number of 2 slot receiver sets (kinda like how we put Paysinger on the field on defense a bit in that weird 4-4 front on defense)

I could see this happening, however... last time we rolled with anything other than 6 was 2010, and that year we went with 7... didn't you read the bleacher report article?....

Toadofsteel
05-11-2013, 12:44 AM
didn't you read the bleacher report article?....

Not sure if red post, but...

No, because I don't read that garbage.

giants8493
05-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Not sure if red post, but...

No, because I don't read that garbage.exactly. They talked up that prospect. That answers your statment " I don't get why everyons so high and mighty on these kids now". They don't get that its garbage.

Sovereign
05-11-2013, 02:04 AM
LOL this thread is absolutely stupid.

Captain Chaos
05-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Fist Jerrnigan's versatility (return man etc) will keep him around, the G'men are not going to release JJ. The undrafted kid Davis, big kid could be an interesting pickup. I'm looking forward to the competition!

Note: According to Gilbride (the video) he said he is behind Cruz in the slot and Murphy provides that deep threat, where does that leave Randle?

Redeyejedi
05-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Is that why he went undrafted? Too much talent for teams to draft him?He has talent , lazy player though. 1 thing being raw and a hard worker another being raw and lazy.I bet David Wilson will be thrilled to see him out there not blocking for him again.

http://deadspin.com/5959914/virginia-tech-receiver-marcus-davis-doesnt-feel-like-blocking-ever

BlueSanta
05-11-2013, 07:31 AM
He has talent , lazy player though. 1 thing being raw and a hard worker another being raw and lazy.I bet David Wilson will be thrilled to see him out there not blocking for him again.

http://deadspin.com/5959914/virginia-tech-receiver-marcus-davis-doesnt-feel-like-blocking-ever

Don't blame him, he has a doctor's note excusing him from all blocking.

Redeyejedi
05-11-2013, 07:36 AM

I could see this happening, however... last time we rolled with anything other than 6 was 2010, and that year we went with 7...

Someone on Twitter was saying how there are more UFA's in the hall of Fame then Number 1 overall picks it was like 15 -13 or something like that.
I was like ummm yeah the draft started in 1936 , Thats 77 Number 1 picks. There are like what 300 UFA's a year that get signed before training camp. Of course there is more

dezzzR
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/11/kevin-gilbride-confident-victor-cruz-deal-gets-done-but-now-is-jerrel-jernigans-chance-to-shine/

Martin
05-11-2013, 10:35 AM

No Roanoke we must decide NOW and not have camp.
Training camp is way over-rated!!

The genius minds on this board can make far better decisions
then experienced Giants coaching staff. : )

Hope you and your family are doing well !!

J. Tuck Rule
05-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Jernigan would not make the roster over Marcus Davis...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's gone.

Carter.525
05-11-2013, 09:36 PM

http://i.qkme.me/3tkh5t.jpg

MattMeyerBud
05-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Lol Davis done already

Flip Empty
05-11-2013, 09:46 PM
This is what happens when you read Bleacher Report.

TCHOF
05-11-2013, 09:59 PM

That is beyond hysterical. How embarrassing . . . . .

slipknottin
05-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Should add Davis to the list of the bum players that the giants waived that everyone cried about.

Guys like Anthony Mix, Brandon London, Micah Johnson, and a whole list of them.

gmen0820
05-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Should add Davis to the list of the bum players that the giants waived that everyone cried about.Guys like Anthony Mix, Micah Johnson, and a whole list of them.Micah Johnson, the Kentuckian beast ILB. I bring him up every year as the chief LBer prospects that people mock to us relatively early, that eventually go undrafted and do squat.

J. Tuck Rule
05-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Should add Davis to the list of the bum players that the giants waived that everyone cried about.

Guys like Anthony Mix, Brandon London, Micah Johnson, and a whole list of them.

This.

LayLow
05-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I don't think we will either however say Sales really really impresses during camp then what?I'm also going on the assumption Marcus Davis is a lock as the 5th, considering his abundance of talent and we gave him a $15k signing bonus as an UDFA which tells you how highly we think of him. :D

jomo
05-11-2013, 10:35 PM
This is what happens when you read Bleacher Report.What a rag, I say again!

miked1958
05-11-2013, 11:30 PM
With the whole Cruz thing still up in the air if he will even be here in 2014 or not I think they evaluate JJ and the two Marcus's and keep the 2 they think will best benefit the team not only this season but down the road poss post Cruz.

miked1958
05-11-2013, 11:31 PM
We had two spots vacated by Hixon and Barden's departure. However with the Murphy Signing JJ drops to number 5 as of right now on D.Chart.. Davis may have something to say about that

drewz
05-11-2013, 11:37 PM
:D

This dude has a habit of speaking in absolutes, then being completely wrong.

slipknottin
05-12-2013, 12:39 AM
With the whole Cruz thing still up in the air if he will even be here in 2014 or not I think they evaluate JJ and the two Marcus's and keep the 2 they think will best benefit the team not only this season but down the road poss post Cruz.

Yes the Marcus's. two guys not under contract.

Don't think that's going to have any impact on JJ

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 07:57 AM
training camp last year all i kept hearing was Jernigan with another amazing circus catch..the kid just needs a chance to get on the field. Kinda hard to make plays and contribute from the bench. He showed some nice kick returning skills towards the end of last year also

We heard those very same things regarding Sinorice Moss. Reese once said "he catches everything thrown to him" in practice. Sometimes practice heroics just don't translate to game day.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 07:59 AM
We had two spots vacated by Hixon and Barden's departure. However with the Murphy Signing JJ drops to number 5 as of right now on D.Chart.. Davis may have something to say about that

We had a actual spot vacated when Hixon left, we had a bench slot open when Barden left.

gmen46
05-12-2013, 12:33 PM
We heard those very same things regarding Sinorice Moss. Reese once said "he catches everything thrown to him" in practice. Sometimes practice heroics just don't translate to game day.

So true. The JJers just can't seem to accept that.

I know I'm in a minority of one, but I still believe JJ is Moss's doppelganger. The Truth is Out There.

titwio
05-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Just heard the Giants cut Marcus Davis. That was fast....time to change my avy I guess.
http://inagist.com/all/333373928443629568/

NorwoodBlue
05-12-2013, 12:55 PM
I'd have to say Jerrnigan looks pretty secure seeing how Marcus Davis lasted less than two days with the team.

Shockeystays08
05-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Using that comparison is a bit closed minded. JJ showed way more talent than Moss in college. To disregard the great plays JJ made in camp last season because of a comparison to Moss is silly.I believe JJ had more top 5 plays ofthe day in camp than any receiver on our roster. JJ's opportunities to translate that to regular season games is stunted because he plays behind Cruz. All you have to do is go a little deeper than a surface comparison to realize Moss and JJ have completely different talent levels. JJ caught all three passes thrown to him during the regular season two for key first downs. It just hard for him to get on the field with VC in front of him. What were they supposed to do sit Cruz and play JJ. As Gilbride recently said, JJ will now have his chance to show out, I believe the Moss comparison will soon be extinguished for good.

TCHOF
05-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Using that comparison is a bit closed minded. JJ showed way more talent than Moss in college. To disregard the great plays JJ made in camp last season because of a comparison to Moss is silly.I believe JJ had more top 5 plays ofthe day in camp than any receiver on our roster. JJ's opportunities to translate that to regular season games is stunted because he plays behind Cruz. All you have to do is go a little deeper than a surface comparison to realize Moss and JJ have completely different talent levels. JJ caught all three passes thrown to him during the regular season two for key first downs. It just hard for him to get on the field with VC in front of him. What were they supposed to do sit Cruz and play JJ. As Gilbride recently said, JJ will now have his chance to show out, I believe the Moss comparison will soon be extinguished for good.

There is some truth to this. Sinorice Moss was never even a great college player, so I'm not sure why anyone thought he would be a great pro.

JJ was a great college player. He's going to have to show something this year in the NFL though . . . . .

gmen46
05-12-2013, 02:32 PM

1) Cruz does not play only in the slot.

2) Where has Jernigan been when that's been the case?

3) Cruz--regardless of whether he signs a new long term contract soon, or not--will be back on the field for the Giants at least for 2013. When will Jernigan have his "chance to show out (sic)"? His chance, as per your Gilbride reference, is -- for now -- in the off season, in which it is readily acknowledged he looks good. But this coming regular season JJ will be once again "behind Cruz" in the depth chart.

So again, how is this 3rd season of Jernigan's going to play out any differently than his first 2, since the excuse promoted by you JJers remains in place-- that he is "stuck behind Cruz"?

Toadofsteel
05-12-2013, 03:59 PM
1) Cruz does not play only in the slot.
He generally only goes outside when there's a two-receiver set, like they used in Carolina last year... our base offense in that game was 21 personnel power-I, with Brown and Hynocerous in the backfield, Bennett in for most snaps, Cruz in the X, and Barden in the Z. The whole game we basically used Cruz as a huge ****** magnet, which is why Barden put up all-pro numbers for one game only...

2) Where has Jernigan been when that's been the case?
See #1

3) Cruz--regardless of whether he signs a new long term contract soon, or not--will be back on the field for the Giants at least for 2013. When will Jernigan have his "chance to show out (sic)"? His chance, as per your Gilbride reference, is -- for now -- in the off season, in which it is readily acknowledged he looks good. But this coming regular season JJ will be once again "behind Cruz" in the depth chart.
He was worked into the offense a bit towards the end. We ran a lot (relatively speaking) of 4 WR set singleback in the last two games, with two slot receivers. Jernigan was largely limited to throwing blocks though.

So again, how is this 3rd season of Jernigan's going to play out any differently than his first 2, since the excuse promoted by you JJers remains in place-- that he is "stuck behind Cruz"?
And what if Cruz goes down? We'd be stuck with that formation I mentioned above (just with Randle or Murphy taking the X or Z spot), but unless it was against Oakland or something, it would be against a team that is better than Carolina, and would be more of a fail if we tried to use that base offense all game.

Eli TO Shockey
05-12-2013, 04:11 PM
JJ had a great opportunity last offseason and during the season but was skipped over by Ramses and was inactive for a majority of the season. not a good sign.

Carter.525
05-12-2013, 04:19 PM
This is a make or break season for JJ, no doudt about that..

jomo
05-12-2013, 04:34 PM
This is a make or break season for JJ, no doudt about that..Truth and if Cruz holds out for a while, JJ could get a nice extended look in the slot where is more physically suited to compete than most of our other receivers. (don't know too much about the new guys.

Toadofsteel
05-12-2013, 04:34 PM
This is a make or break season for JJ, no doudt about that..

Pretty much this. He needs to show that he can not only get on the field, but produce. He'll be given real opportunities, but he has to make the most of them.

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
What does Barden have to do with JJ?