PDA

View Full Version : Nassib Looks "Poised" In First Practice

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 07:28 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/nassib_looks_poised_in_first_practice_dlMhMEsWtnDZ NJorDOZgvO#axzz2Sw2zJ6VL

Excerpt: "Eli Manningís reputation as a prankster precedes him, which is why rookie quarterback Ryan Nassib admits heís on alert as he participates in the Giants two-day rookie mini-camp.

ďIím going into my locker very carefully and making sure I donít break too much stuff in the locker room,íí Nassib said Friday between practice sessions. ďIím expecting something, but thatís just the way it works. It happens all the time. Itís just the way it is when youíre a rookie. Itís memories. Itís going to be fun.íí

The last rookie quarterback to cause a stir around the Giants was Manning back in 2004. The Giants traded up in last monthís NFL Draft to take Nassib in the fourth round out of Syracuse, hoping to groom him to be Manningís backup. Of the 63 players participating in this camp, many eyes are drawn to Nassib.

PHOTOS: GIANTS OPEN ROOKIE CAMP (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_rookie_camp_opens_hJ7mHO9HdfqB76tBYaDJoJ)

In his first practice, Nassib showed good movement, stepping both to his left and right on rollouts. On consecutive plays, he connected with Marcus Sales, an undrafted receiver who played with Nassib at Syracuse, on passes to the right and left sideline. In the 7-on-7 drill, Nassib hit Morgan Newton, an undrafted rookie tight end from Kentucky, over the middle. Later on, though, Nassib overthrew one of his former Syracuse teammates, tight end Nick Provo, and was intercepted by safety John Stevenson, an undrafted rookie safety from Georgia Southern." Read more...

BigBlue1971
05-10-2013, 08:36 PM
this is what we want to see!

hopefully this good news continues!

GiantsRevival2
05-10-2013, 10:16 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/nassib_looks_poised_in_first_practice_dlMhMEsWtnDZ NJorDOZgvO#axzz2Sw2zJ6VL

Excerpt: "Eli Manningís reputation as a prankster precedes him, which is why rookie quarterback Ryan Nassib admits heís on alert as he participates in the Giants two-day rookie mini-camp.

ďIím going into my locker very carefully and making sure I donít break too much stuff in the locker room,íí Nassib said Friday between practice sessions. ďIím expecting something, but thatís just the way it works. It happens all the time. Itís just the way it is when youíre a rookie. Itís memories. Itís going to be fun.íí

The last rookie quarterback to cause a stir around the Giants was Manning back in 2004. The Giants traded up in last monthís NFL Draft to take Nassib in the fourth round out of Syracuse, hoping to groom him to be Manningís backup. Of the 63 players participating in this camp, many eyes are drawn to Nassib.

PHOTOS: GIANTS OPEN ROOKIE CAMP (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_rookie_camp_opens_hJ7mHO9HdfqB76tBYaDJoJ)

In his first practice, Nassib showed good movement, stepping both to his left and right on rollouts. On consecutive plays, he connected with Marcus Sales, an undrafted receiver who played with Nassib at Syracuse, on passes to the right and left sideline. In the 7-on-7 drill, Nassib hit Morgan Newton, an undrafted rookie tight end from Kentucky, over the middle. Later on, though, Nassib overthrew one of his former Syracuse teammates, tight end Nick Provo, and was intercepted by safety John Stevenson, an undrafted rookie safety from Georgia Southern." Read more...

5....4....3...2....1 Where's Harroni? Shouldn't he be here stating that is obvious this kid should be starting over Eli. Kids got potential!
Seriously though that's good news. I hope this kid can solidify backup QB and spot start if Eli were to get injured.

Breezely
05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
The steal of the draft. I hope they don't trade him.

Harooni
05-11-2013, 01:56 AM
what did i tell the nay sayers, this kid has got talent and at a value.

titwio
05-11-2013, 02:07 AM
They had Nassib live on Total Access tonight and listed him as "Bill's QB Nassib one-on-one".... I thought the Giants traded him already....lol

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 06:21 AM

I don't see that happening if he has the talent they think he has. He may never replace Eli, but he will hopefully be a capable backup in case....

myles2424
05-11-2013, 07:08 AM
I hope they trade the hell out of him...

GiantsRevival2
05-11-2013, 07:37 AM
what did i tell the nay sayers, this kid has got talent and at a value.
Here he is. The kid was definitely a great value in the 4th round. Lets hope he develops into a nice player.

giantscolombia
05-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I hope they trade the hell out of him...
hahaha once more with feeling...

GameTime
05-11-2013, 10:25 AM
would love to see them finally get a QB that can actually have some hope to play in the NFL.
Hope he keeps progressing......

TheAnalyst
05-11-2013, 06:33 PM
That's been his issue, the deep pass. Short to intermediate he is good.