PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Justin Tuck Leaves Note For Damontre Moore: "Get Ready To Work"

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/11/new-york-giants-justin-tuck-leaves-note-for-damontre-moore-get-ready-to-work/

Coming out of Texas A&M, one of the biggest criticisms facing defensive end Damontre Moore, who the New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants selected in the third-round of the 2013 NFL Draft (http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/26/new-york-giants-select-damontre-moore-de-texas-am/), was that he didn't practice as hard as he played. It's something head coach Tom Coughlin (http://www.giants101.com/tag/tom-coughlin/) was quick to address, and something Moore is well aware of and ready to change.

“I think he meant exactly what he said: That wasn’t one of my strong fortes,” Moore said on Friday (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2013/05/damontre-moore-as-ordered-is-ready-to-work). “But I’m here to work and I’m trying to make my weakness my strong point."

Whether he wants to or not, and would it appear as if he does, Moore better be prepared to work tirelessly with the Giants. It's a staple of any Coughlin-coached team, and something that was made abundantly clear to the rookie when he arrived at his locker for the first time to find a note from defensive captain Justin Tuck (http://www.giants101.com/tag/justin-tuck/). It read: “I hope you are ready to work.”

“I was excited that he took time out of his busy schedule to take the time to write me a personal message,” Moore said. “At the same time, I know it’s time to get to work so I’m ready to come in and listen to him.” Read more...

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 05:11 PM
I wish someone would write Tuck a note

fletch842
05-11-2013, 05:32 PM
I think he has one from his doctor!! :eek:

giant-4-life
05-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Right.. He should right one back.. remember to NEVER give up!

Dave Brown
05-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Is Tuck really in any position to be lecturing people on work ethic?

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Is Tuck really in any position to be lecturing people on work ethic? Probably not.

joemorrisforprez
05-11-2013, 06:03 PM

LMAO!!

NYGabriel
05-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Tuck has a lot of nerve writing a note like that. He may be defensive captain but he's now just a shell of the player he once was. His displays last year at times were farcical. If anything Tuck should have found a note in his locker asking him to leave the premises as his contract had been terminated.

giants8493
05-11-2013, 06:22 PM
I hate double negatives.

Imgrate
05-11-2013, 06:32 PM
There's a difference between not putting forth the maximum effort and just physically not being able to produce like you once could.

P_Simms_#11
05-11-2013, 06:35 PM

Perfect!

ashleymarie
05-11-2013, 06:51 PM

Yep.

Redeyejedi
05-11-2013, 07:24 PM
There's a difference between not putting forth the maximum effort and just physically not being able to produce like you once could.Thats the real problem

Flip Empty
05-11-2013, 07:29 PM
There's a difference between not putting forth the maximum effort and just physically not being able to produce like you once could.
Yep. I don't think Tuck's body has much left.

TCHOF
05-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Is Tuck really in any position to be lecturing people on work ethic?

Eh huh? Are you suggesting that Tuck doesn't work hard? What do you base that on?

Carter.525
05-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Damontre Moore... You got served!!

ShakeandBake
05-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Someone should leave Tuck a note saying something to the effect of nut up or see your snap count drop like a sack of ****

BigBlue wins
05-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Tuck should read his own notes

TheEnigma
05-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Delicious Tuck Hate

gmen0820
05-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Eh huh? Are you suggesting that Tuck doesn't work hard? What do you base that on?He could be basing it off a number of things, but most likely it's an extension of Tuck, amongst others, being called out for practice habits in the past. Or, more telling, is Tuck's own admission last year:

"I definitely didn't work as hard as I should've last year," Tuck said in an interview for a fall episode of ESPN's "E:60." "The lockout was going on. I took a trip to Africa. There were some things I did in the past that I didn't do last summer."

Or maybe that he's just been so bad the past couple years that if his practice habits are top notch, then he just can't physically get it done.

gmen0820
05-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Good to see Moore being pushed, though. If his work ethic doesn't become an issue, Moore can be an excellent player for us. That's really what it's gonna rest upon, aside from good health and such.

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Good to see Moore being pushed, though. If his work ethic doesn't become an issue, Moore can be an excellent player for us. That's really what it's gonna rest upon, aside from good health and such.

+1

TCHOF
05-11-2013, 09:57 PM
He could be basing it off a number of things, but most likely it's an extension of Tuck, amongst others, being called out for practice habits in the past. Or, more telling, is Tuck's own admission last year:

Or maybe that he's just been so bad the past couple years that if his practice habits are top notch, then he just can't physically get it done.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I think that his decrease in performance is most likely due to him physically breaking down, but I hadn't seen the Africa trip quote. What a strange thing to admit to. I wonder what he thought the fan reaction would be to a statement like that? Most likely, he didn't think before he said it, but jeez . . . c'mon man

gmen0820
05-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I think that his decrease in performance is most likely due to him physically breaking down, but I hadn't seen the Africa trip quote. What a strange thing to admit to. I wonder what he thought the fan reaction would be to a statement like that? Most likely, he didn't think before he said it, but jeez . . . c'mon manNot to mention, there were the desire issues many speculated upon. I think Tuck lost a family member, or a couple of them, and was really fighting the "existentialist battle." I thought that with a renewed passion in 2012, no African trips, and an offseason of rest, he would return back to normal.

I don't know Tuck's deal anymore. Seems like every game he's on his knees, or winded, at some point -- even when he was a pretty dominant player. I have trouble believing that an injury suffered in early-2009 is still lingering now, no matter how he decided to approach it at the time. Neck, groin, shoulder, this, that, the other thing, it never ends! The "RG3 nightmare" comment, the trip to Africa -- it's as if he wants to create an aura of mysticism which, because of his recent ineffectiveness, is more annoying than exciting.

He has to get it together, just so at the very least, his messages/veteran presence resonates more with the youngsters, like Moore, who need it.

TCHOF
05-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Not to mention, there were the desire issues many speculated upon. I think Tuck lost a family member, or a couple of them, and was really fighting the "existentialist battle." I thought that with a renewed passion in 2012, no African trips, and an offseason of rest, he would return back to normal.

I don't know Tuck's deal anymore. Seems like every game he's on his knees, or winded, at some point -- even when he was a pretty dominant player. I have trouble believing that an injury suffered in early-2009 is still lingering now, no matter how he decided to approach it at the time. Neck, groin, shoulder, this, that, the other thing, it never ends! The "RG3 nightmare" comment, the trip to Africa -- it's as if he wants to create an aura of mysticism which, because of his recent ineffectiveness, is more annoying than exciting.

He has to get it together, just so at the very least, his messages/veteran presence resonates more with the youngsters, like Moore, who need it.

My thinking was that his body was breaking down and his mopey attitude stemmed from the frustration that came along with realizing that he just can't play consistently like he used to. I must admit, though, that the Africa quote made me do a double-take . . .

gmen0820
05-11-2013, 11:09 PM
My thinking was that his body was breaking down and his mopey attitude stemmed from the frustration that came along with realizing that he just can't play consistently like he used to. I must admit, though, that the Africa quote made me do a double-take . . .Who knows, man. I was really liking forward to seeing him last year. Between the offseason rest, the SB ring, and the "Brickstrong" story, I thought he'd have a renewed sense of purpose. Then he gets the Keith Bulluck face mask, and starts playing like Keith Bulluck did for us lol.

jomo
05-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Probably not.I've been thinking about this alot. In the NFL, if you aren't a coach, the only way to lead is by example. This blah, blah, blah from Tuck was growing old 8 weeks ago. I am not sure what it is now. Is he trying to take the attention away from his dramatic drop-off in production hoping the coaches won't notice and he'll get to fleece us again this year for big money? This is a pure production business and he is not even close to covering his salary.

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Seriously, can't believe the hate for Tuck on his message board. Anyone forget he was the best defensive player in their last two Super Bowl wins?

ALLnygIN
05-12-2013, 02:59 AM

I kind of like this coming from Tuck and although he had a bad year his play over the years has giving him credit to do so. But, with that that said. He cannont have another season like last year. Tuck you'd better be getting back to form yourself, sir! Come back strong

ALLnygIN
05-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Seriously, can't believe the hate for Tuck on his message board. Anyone forget he was the best defensive player in their last two Super Bowl wins?

I've been judgemental out of frustration, but I will never hate tuck and He's been an incredible player for this team. How soon people forget. I hope he can come back strong this season if only just alittle, but theres quite a bit of wear and tear on the guy.

Rat_bastich
05-12-2013, 03:20 AM

While I don't hate Tuck, I do think it is right to be critical of him. There was something obviously wrong with him either physically or mentally. A good leader knows when he is being a detriment and not an asset and knows when to step aside and coach younger guys up. I hope he comes back as the old Tuck, but in the most likely eventuality that he is the same as he was the last two years he needs to realize it.

All that being said, I have no problem for the note he wrote for Moore. Tuck has been there and has been productive in the past. He knows what it takes to be successful and has won something twice that many players will never even sniff. He hasn't lost the knowledge though he may have lost the physical ability.

titwio
05-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Even though I really liked the Damontre Moore pick when he was drafted, I was one of the first to mention his immaturity being an issue. So far though everything I've heard from him has been exactly the kind of mentality I hoped he adopt. He's saying all the right things and acting like a pro right now.... it's great to hear.

Really hope he's sincere and sticks with it. With all his talent he could become a nice cog in the defensive scheme if he's stays focused.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Where did that player go?

FishinTheSalt
05-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Where did that player go?

In fairness to Tuck, the whole d line needs to play better, one guy can't do it alone, and rushing 4 guys against 5 oline and a running back are not good odds. Yes other teams do it, but we were weak all across. We rarely had any blitz packages, no lbers or safety blitzes (Remember Gabril). Im not saying Tuck played well, they pretty much stunk across the board. If he has anything left in the tank, the changes made across the line should help him have a better year. We'll see.

jomo
05-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I've been judgemental out of frustration, but I will never hate tuck and He's been an incredible player for this team. How soon people forget. I hope he can come back strong this season if only just alittle, but theres quite a bit of wear and tear on the guy.I don't think it's hate either. It is frustration borne of rapidly deteriorating production followed by a bunch of bloviating. He should understand these words as well as anyone: "Talk is cheap, play the games."

He is not an effective team spokesman because his performance doesn't warrant that status. He could have been that guy 4 years ago but he was mostly silent then. Now it is too late because all this talk about "what I'm gonna do next year" just sounds so weak as if he's trying to convince himself along with us that he's still got it. It he still has it, we'll know it from his production, not his words.

JB456
05-12-2013, 03:17 PM

You know, Tucks lack of production last year annoyed me just as much as anyone but the hate shown here is rediculous. Tuck is trying to take a rookie under his wings and groom him but gets shat on by so many people. How can so many people forget what he has given this team? This thread has turned into a pile of shat!

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 03:18 PM
In fairness to Tuck, the whole d line needs to play better, one guy can't do it alone, and rushing 4 guys against 5 oline and a running back are not good odds. Yes other teams do it, but we were weak all across. We rarely had any blitz packages, no lbers or safety blitzes (Remember Gabril). Im not saying Tuck played well, they pretty much stunk across the board. If he has anything left in the tank, the changes made across the line should help him have a better year. We'll see.

All I'm saying is Tuck has not played as the player of three years ago. Osi didn't either. JPP didn't for that matter. You're right, it takes all of them but when you are the lead dog (Captain) you either lead or you don't, and he never has. He talks a great game

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 03:20 PM
You know, Tucks lack of production last year annoyed me just as much as anyone but the hate shown here is rediculous. Tuck is trying to take a rookie under his wings and groom him but gets shat on by so many people. How can so many people forget what he has given this team? This thread has turned into a pile of shat!

How has he taken anyone under his wing? He left a note for one player. Maybe he can return to his former self but he needs to show it and stop making headlines that are basically meaningless.

JB456
05-12-2013, 03:31 PM
How has he taken anyone under his wing? He left a note for one player. Maybe he can return to his former self but he needs to show it and stop making headlines that are basically meaningless.
Maybe that's step one. How can leaving a note telling someone that they will have to work hard be viewed this negatively? Don't you think its possible that a short note he left to a rookie might not get leaked to the media?

Tuck has had injury problems that caused psrt of his decline and perhaps he might not have put forth max effort but he might be trying to do a good thing here.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Maybe that's step one. How can leaving a note telling someone that they will have to work hard be viewed this negatively? Don't you think its possible that a short note he left to a rookie might not get leaked to the media?

Tuck has had injury problems that caused psrt of his decline and perhaps he might not have put forth max effort but he might be trying to do a good thing here.

There is nothing wrong with his leaving a note, that's lovely. I'd rather see him spend extra time with younger players who will eventually take his place.

I do think you have hit on what his real problem is, and I have said this before. His neck became an issue, which he acknowledged. He was concerned that he could further injure his neck which is a serious medical concern. But, if you are a player in the NFL, you simply can't let the fear of injury dictate your level of play and I believe that's what Tuck has done. He is fearful of a life altering injury and I understand that. If it becomes such a concern that you simply aren't willing or able to "make plays" that used to be routine, you need to retire.

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 05:14 PM
You know he actually played the run pretty well last year. So why did he play the run so well and not rushing the passer? Maybe it's the wear and tear? Either way, doesn't sound like its out of being lazy or not trying. Mentally he is a guy that was one of the best in the game at one time and now his injuries have made him less of a player. That takes its toll on the mind. Hope he has a good year. He does not deserve the hate he gets. Been critical of him at times but thinks its more frustration about seeing his play decline and being a huge fan.

jomo
05-12-2013, 05:19 PM
You know he actually played the run pretty well last year. So why did he play the run so well and not rushing the passer? Maybe it's the wear and tear? Either way, doesn't sound like its out of being lazy or not trying. Mentally he is a guy that was one of the best in the game at one time and now his injuries have made him less of a player. That takes its toll on the mind. Hope he has a good year. He does not deserve the hate he gets. Been critical of him at times but thinks its more frustration about seeing his play decline and being a huge fan.That is what the criticism has all been about. We've got a once great player, clearly in decline, making news for his proclamations about next year on a weekly basis. It is tiresome becaues we know he is very unlikely to deliver on any of his wishful statements. It is not the style of the Giants to talk. It is our style to let our play speak for itself.

bigjeep
05-12-2013, 05:34 PM

LMFAO! I was thinking the same thing!

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 07:34 PM
That is what the criticism has all been about. We've got a once great player, clearly in decline, making news for his proclamations about next year on a weekly basis. It is tiresome becaues we know he is very unlikely to deliver on any of his wishful statements. It is not the style of the Giants to talk. It is our style to let our play speak for itself.People on this board are to sensitive. What was so wrong with a veteran telling a rookie what he did? Oh, and while they should not talk smack, something Tuck does not do, this team has had their share of talkers for years now. It's a myth around here that they don't talk.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
People on this board are to sensitive. What was so wrong with a veteran telling a rookie what he did? Oh, and while they should not talk smack, something Tuck does not do, this team has had their share of talkers for years now. It's a myth around here that they don't talk.

It would be preferable for the veteran to "show" the rookie what to do, if he still can, which many doubt.

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 07:41 PM
It would be preferable for the veteran to "show" the rookie what to do, if he still can, which many doubt.At least he has done it at one point. What was wrong with what he said?

appodictic
05-12-2013, 08:10 PM
I wish someone would write Tuck a note I think tuck was encouraging him. "Get ready to work" so you can take my job and I can get cut/retire.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 08:13 PM
At least he has done it at one point. What was wrong with what he said?

He "has" being the operative phrase. Tuck needs to prove he deserves to start IMO. I acknowledge he likely will start no matter what. But if he's not the best man for the position.....

jomo
05-12-2013, 08:16 PM
It would be preferable for the veteran to "show" the rookie what to do, if he still can, which many doubt.................or he can come back as an ex-player and talk to the rookies about how it used to be (kind of like Strahan stopping by at camp to say high to the new guys). As a teammate, all credibility comes from what you are doing now on the field. Everything else is just blah, blah blah unless you are a coach.

FBomb
05-12-2013, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NladFwPhdpM

This kid looks like a great pick.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 08:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NladFwPhdpM

This kid looks like a great pick.

His motor reminds me a little of a young LT

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 08:52 PM
He "has" being the operative phrase. Tuck needs to prove he deserves to start IMO. I acknowledge he likely will start no matter what. But if he's not the best man for the position.....Still waiting to hear what's so wrong with what he told the rookie.

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 08:53 PM
................or he can come back as an ex-player and talk to the rookies about how it used to be (kind of like Strahan stopping by at camp to say high to the new guys). As a teammate, all credibility comes from what you are doing now on the field. Everything else is just blah, blah blah unless you are a coach.So if he says nothing he is a poor team leader. If he says something he is talking to much.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Still waiting to hear what's so wrong with what he told the rookie.

I have already said there was nothing "wrong" with his leaving the note. Tuck has taken to talking about everything. It's time he just plays, if he still has it in him, and that's how he can "lead" by doing.

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 09:00 PM
What has he said that is so bad? When they question him he says they need to at better. Doesn't Eli say the se thing? Is he talking to much. He wrote a note to the rookie, not the fans. He is a veteran welcoming in another player. Or is everyone questioning his work ethic?

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 09:03 PM
What has he said that is so bad? When they question him he says they need to at better. Doesn't Eli say the se thing? Is he talking to much. He wrote a note to the rookie, not the fans. He is a veteran welcoming in another player. Or is everyone questioning his work ethic?

Everyone but you :rolleyes:

He needs to take his own advice; "get ready to work"

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 09:06 PM
How do you know he has not been working but physically not able to be what he once was? You say he talks to much. Well he also said he was going to try to work harder to get ready for this season. He said that and everyone complained.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 09:09 PM
How do you know he has not been working but physically not able to be what he once was? You say he talks to much. Well he also said he was going to try to work harder to get ready for this season. He said that and everyone complained.

I admire your defense of one of the players. There comes a time when they have to shut up and play. I have said I think he's concerned about another neck injury and, if I'm right, and that's why his performance is in decline, he needs to retire.

I can't speak for "everyone."

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Just saying that the media asks him questions as their veteran defensive leader. What should be do? Stare at the camera and say nothing? He isn't takling trash. He says he knows he hasn't played well. Don't know what he did that was so wrong. Especially trying to get a rookie ready for the season while he, a player that was once one of the best, teaches him a thing or two.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Just saying that the media asks him questions as their veteran defensive leader. What should be do? Stare at the camera and say nothing? He isn't takling trash. He says he knows he hasn't played well. Don't know what he did that was so wrong. Especially trying to get a rookie ready for the season while he, a player that was once one of the best, teaches him a thing or two.

OK

jomo
05-12-2013, 10:04 PM
So if he says nothing he is a poor team leader. If he says something he is talking to much.Not at all. When he was the strong silent type, he lead by example. Now since his "example" has kinda whithered, he's trying to lead with words and it is ringing hollow to some of us. He's gotten out of character and most of us liked the old character that was all about delivering production and not about talking about production.

Rudyy
05-12-2013, 10:12 PM
RGIII should write him a note.

ashleymarie
05-12-2013, 10:16 PM
RGIII should right him a note.

LOL

Rudyy
05-12-2013, 10:16 PM
LOLI'm so glad I have someone to laugh at my jokes, lol.

Carter.525
05-12-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm so glad I have someone to laugh at my jokes, lol.

hehe

Rudyy
05-12-2013, 10:19 PM
heheAnother taker!

My self-esteem is going through the roof!!!!

ELI_Iz_God
05-12-2013, 10:49 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/11/new-york-giants-justin-tuck-leaves-note-for-damontre-moore-get-ready-to-work/

Coming out of Texas A&M, one of the biggest criticisms facing defensive end Damontre Moore, who the New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants selected in the third-round of the 2013 NFL Draft (http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/26/new-york-giants-select-damontre-moore-de-texas-am/), was that he didn't practice as hard as he played. It's something head coach Tom Coughlin (http://www.giants101.com/tag/tom-coughlin/) was quick to address, and something Moore is well aware of and ready to change.

I think he meant exactly what he said: That wasnt one of my strong fortes, Moore said on Friday (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2013/05/damontre-moore-as-ordered-is-ready-to-work). But Im here to work and Im trying to make my weakness my strong point."

Whether he wants to or not, and would it appear as if he does, Moore better be prepared to work tirelessly with the Giants. It's a staple of any Coughlin-coached team, and something that was made abundantly clear to the rookie when he arrived at his locker for the first time to find a note from defensive captain Justin Tuck (http://www.giants101.com/tag/justin-tuck/). It read: I hope you are ready to work.

I was excited that he took time out of his busy schedule to take the time to write me a personal message, Moore said. At the same time, I know its time to get to work so Im ready to come in and listen to him. Read more...

Reese needs to leave a note for Tuck that reads "Get ready to work, your Job is up for grabs"

jomo
05-12-2013, 10:58 PM
The more I think about this one the more it comes down to Tuck not being a natural leader. He has always been able to lead by example and when he was playing at the top of his game, that spoke louder than words. Now he is on the down slope of his career and he is trying to substitute words for action and it rings hollow to us. It is uncomfortable (and sad) to see him trying to substitiute words for action. He doesn't frame his comments well and we're not used to seeing him as that kind of guy, like a Ray Lewis type who lead by example and by his words. That's it in a nut shell.

Buddy333
05-12-2013, 11:22 PM
What has he said that makes him such a big talker? Are you referring to he media asking him things and him responding?

jomo
05-12-2013, 11:45 PM
What has he said that makes him such a big talker? Are you referring to he media asking him things and him responding?Read the threads on this board from the past 3 months for just a sample.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Come on now. If he talking so much it should be easy to give one quote where he is talking trash.

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Come on now. If he talking so much it should be easy to give one quote where he is talking trash.Who on here said he was talking trash?

jomo
05-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Come on now. If he talking so much it should be easy to give one quote where he is talking trash.For the third time tonight, who said "trash talking?" I need to move on to better conversation.

nhpgiantsfan
05-13-2013, 12:44 AM
I personally think Tuck is done, and really don't think he is a good choice for Def captain. But I have no problem with him giving advice to the rookie. He may be a shell of his former self but he is still a veteran leader on that D line.

RoanokeFan
05-13-2013, 07:39 AM
I personally think Tuck is done, and really don't think he is a good choice for Def captain. But I have no problem with him giving advice to the rookie. He may be a shell of his former self but he is still a veteran leader on that D line.

It's not about is giving advice to the rookie, that's fine. It's the need to take his own advice based upon his declining production. Done or not, he's here and he needs to step it up.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 09:30 AM
For the third time tonight, who said "trash talking?" I need to move on to better conversation.So then what is talking to much? Responding to reporters? Should he just have blank look on his face when they ask him a question? Still waiting to hear what he said that was so wrong. Why was telling a rookie to get ready to work so wrong?

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 09:31 AM
It's not about is giving advice to the rookie, that's fine. It's the need to take his own advice based upon his declining production. Done or not, he's here and he needs to step it up.His advice to a rookie was get ready to work hard. Are you suggesting he is not working hard?

GameTime
05-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Some of you are just plain dopes.....
Tuck said to the kid "get ready to work" and all of a sudden its field day on Tuck......
what a bunch of jokers....

nhpgiantsfan
05-13-2013, 10:52 AM
The bigger question is, why does a simple comment like this ever have to be made public. Why do we as fans have to ever find out that Tuck told a kid "get ready to work"? We all love all the content that is available to us fans, but some things in the locker room should be kept private.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 12:10 PM
How was it made public? A rookie was excited and thankful that a veteran player reached out to him and he mentioned to the media. Apparently that's "talking to much".

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 12:20 PM
He needs to take his own advice.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 12:27 PM
He needs to take his own advice.How do you know he is not? Please don't say because of a decline in his ability. That does not mean he is not working hard.

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
How do you know he is not? Please don't say because of a decline in his ability. That does not mean he is not working hard.Well if he's declining in his ability, why is he still playing? If you're done, you're done

ryan12
05-13-2013, 12:31 PM

i was thinking same thing

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Well if he's declining in his ability, why is he still playing? If you're done, you're doneHe still plays the run well and deserves another chance. What should they do? Start the season with JPP and who else at DE? They have no cap space. Where they supposed to draft 7 starters that would have an impact their rookie season?

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 12:45 PM
He still plays the run well and deserves another chance. What should they do? Start the season with JPP and who else at DE? They have no cap space. Where they supposed to draft 7 starters that would have an impact their rookie season?Maybe have Tuck stop doing interviews.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Maybe have Tuck stop doing interviews.Pretty sure he is obligated to do them. What does talking to much mean anyway?

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Pretty sure he is obligated to do them. What does talking to much mean anyway?More like take your own advice.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 01:02 PM
More like take your own advice.Again, how do you know he is not working hard?

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Again, how do you know he is not working hard?What I do know is that whatever he's doing whether it's working hard or not..it's not working. He's getting worse. Whether he's declining, or whether he's working hard but coming up short..it's unacceptable to have your captain look this bad.

ShakeandBake
05-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Again, how do you know he is not working hard?

because he said it himself? This argument keeps going in circles.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 01:08 PM
because he said it himself? This argument keeps going in circles.During the lockout he, and many others, didn't workout as much. He has been also quoted as saying he was going to be better this year and get back to training harder.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 01:09 PM
What I do know is that whatever he's doing whether it's working hard or not..it's not working. He's getting worse. Whether he's declining, or whether he's working hard but coming up short..it's unacceptable to have your captain look this bad.Doesn't mean he is not working hard which is what he told the rookie to do.

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Doesn't mean he is not working hard which is what he told the rookie to do.He's working hard and it's not working.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 01:13 PM
He's working hard and it's not working.So he is taking his own advice?

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
So he is taking his own advice?Ok, yes he is..and it's still not working then LOL

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Ok, yes he is..and it's still not working then LOLSo why should he not tell a rookie to get ready to work hard?

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 02:28 PM
So why should he not tell a rookie to get ready to work hard?Save the energy talking. He's going to need it himself.

nhpgiantsfan
05-13-2013, 02:35 PM
He still plays the run well and deserves another chance. What should they do? Start the season with JPP and who else at DE? They have no cap space. Where they supposed to draft 7 starters that would have an impact their rookie season?

He did not play the run well at all last year. It was a bad season all around. 27 tackles last year!! That is bad!

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 02:43 PM
He did not play the run well at all last year. It was a bad season all around. 27 tackles last year!! That is bad!Does not mean he played the run bad.

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Save the energy talking. He's going to need it himself.That's it?

Rudyy
05-13-2013, 02:49 PM
That's it?Uh..yeah?

Buddy333
05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Uh..yeah?So when asked a question he should look at he camera with a blank stare to save his energy and anything he does to welcome a new player should be considered top secret.