PDA

View Full Version : Giants Add More Beef To Middle Of D-Line

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 09:05 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2013/05/giants-add-more-beef-to-middle-of-d-line

Excerpt: "The Giants have always believed they can never have enough pass rushers. Apparently they canít have enough defensive tackles either.

They signed another one on Saturday when they agreed to terms with Frank Okam, who was at their rookie camp this weekend as a veteran tryout player. The news was announced by his agent, Mike McCartney, on Twitter. It likely wonít be official, though, until Monday afternoon.

The 6-5, 350-pound Okam was a fifth-round draft pick of the Houston Texans in 2008. He has spent time with Seattle and Tampa Bay, too. He was out of football last season after he was cut by the Bucs at the end of training camp." Read more...

Carter.525
05-11-2013, 09:08 PM
http://tshirtvortex.net/wp-content/uploads/Wheres-the-Beef-T-Shirt-Wendys.jpg

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 09:11 PM
I knew someone would lol

Rudyy
05-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I prefer chicken.

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 09:19 PM
I prefer chicken.

Arroz con pollo?

Rudyy
05-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Arroz con pollo?Si, senor.

RoanokeFan
05-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Victor will be a very happy man :rolleyes:

DVision
05-11-2013, 09:25 PM
I see he updated the article to include today's additions and cuts. I guess Marcus Davis wasn't the Dez 2.0 that some made him out to be. lol

Carter.525
05-11-2013, 09:28 PM
gotta think this is a camp (beef) body..

penguinfarmer
05-11-2013, 09:37 PM
How many 1Ts do they have? Linval, Joseph, Rogers, Okam and Patterson? Is Michael Jasper being thrown on the offensive or defensive line?

edit: Jasper is listed at G on the Giants site.

gmen0820
05-11-2013, 10:13 PM
What is going on with Richard Seymour? Stock is down due to the hamstring last year, but he had a Pro Bowl year in 2011 (big deal, I know), and adds versatility along the front.

Have been interested for a while, but figured with the Patterson/Rogers/Jenkins/Hankins offseason, the DT concern has been addressed.

slipknottin
05-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Okam has been terrible in the NFL. Be shocked if he gets close to the final roster.

BigBlueAllDay
05-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Beef... It's what's for dinner.

From the same article at the very end,
"To make room on the roster for them, and the addition of Okam and linebacker Aaron Curry, the Giants cut six players: T Levy Ad****, DB Buddy Jackson, DT Bobby Skinner, K Jake Rogers and WR Marcus Davis and LB Charleus Dieseul who were both signed as undrafted free agents by the Giants just before rookie camp opened."

jomo
05-11-2013, 11:17 PM

"To make room on the roster for them, and the addition of Okam and linebacker Aaron Curry, the Giants cut six players: T Levy Ad****, DB Buddy Jackson, DT Bobby Skinner, K Jake Rogers and WR Marcus Davis and LB Charleus Dieseul who were both signed as undrafted free agents by the Giants just before rookie camp opened."lol, hard to keep up with the comings and goings.

NorwoodBlue
05-12-2013, 12:59 PM

"To make room on the roster for them, and the addition of Okam and linebacker Aaron Curry, the Giants cut six players: T Levy Ad****, DB Buddy Jackson, DT Bobby Skinner, K Jake Rogers and WR Marcus Davis and LB Charleus Dieseul who were both signed as undrafted free agents by the Giants just before rookie camp opened."

'Tis the season. They bring these guys into training camps, or OTA with real NFL talent running around. They get to look at them up close several hours a day, and all of a sudden some of these guy's flaws show through. They might have been good college players but they're lacking a piece at the NFL level, so out they go and in come some replacements. When a player with experience becomes available, like Curry, some UFA is going out the door in a heart beat. There's nothing much to read into it, it's just sorting through the pile and finding the guys who look like they've got the potential to make it.

hugehomer
05-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Okam has been terrible in the NFL. Be shocked if he gets close to the final roster.
How many games have you watched him play?