PDA

View Full Version : Can not believe we released Marcus Davis this early

NYG4lifeNYK
05-12-2013, 01:37 AM
He must have some real issues aside from football talent.... what a shame

Why in God's name would we give him a $15k signing bonus and then release him a few days later..... come again?

ALLnygIN
05-12-2013, 01:56 AM
wait, what? I was gone all day, for reall?????!?!?!?!

Rat_bastich
05-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Why not? He was a long shot to make it anyways. For every Cruz there are a thousand that end up doing something other than football.

TCHOF
05-12-2013, 07:01 AM

Why in God's name would we give him a $15k signing bonus and then release him a few days later..... come again?

Dude, you should just let this go in the hopes that people will just forget the fact that you made a thread one day before this bum was cut basically guaranteeing that the Giants would keep him over JJ.

By the way, since when is $15K a lot of money in the NFL?

SimmsandLT
05-12-2013, 07:22 AM

The issue was his talent. It wasn't good enough.

penguinfarmer
05-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Can't his issues be football talent? There's more to being a WR than being 6'3'', and garnering nice reviews from bleacherreport.

RoanokeFan
05-12-2013, 07:54 AM

It's the NFL. They want to play in the 2014 Super Bowl and if they find players who are better than other players, they are going to make changes. These guys are mostly walk ons and sometimes you find someone who just fits into what you want to do.

Toadofsteel
05-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Two words: camp body.

slipknottin
05-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Ahahahaha

Lazy player. No work hard, no stay on roster.

TheAnalyst
05-12-2013, 08:48 AM
If peeing your pants is cool consider me Marcus Davis...

Carter.525
05-12-2013, 08:55 AM
If peeing your pants is cool consider me Marcus Davis...

I never use lol, but lol

ironfox
05-12-2013, 09:21 AM
why do so many people think every year there will be another cruz on this team?

Redeyejedi
05-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Dude, you should just let this go in the hopes that people will just forget the fact that you made a thread one day before this bum was cut basically guaranteeing that the Giants would keep him over JJ.

By the way, since when is $15K a lot of money in the NFL?It is for a PFA. They normally get 5,000

GameTime
05-12-2013, 09:36 AM
why is it so hard to believe?? Like he was a lock or something???

Redeyejedi
05-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Ahahahaha

Lazy player. No work hard, no stay on roster.The guy has some physical talent but he is lazy in everything he does. He wont block and he runs crappy routes. If he isnt the 1st read he checks out. He isnt good enough to get away with that

NorwoodBlue
05-12-2013, 01:12 PM
This is just life smacking another would be star up side the head, and telling him that he just didn't bring the whole package. Not even lasting two days has got to be a wake-up call for him. He might resurface elsewhere; but it's really doubtful if he didn't even make it through the first OTA.

ALLnygIN
05-12-2013, 01:20 PM

The point is you don't garauntee money to someone you're expecting to cut anyway. In case you haven't noticed over the past couple of years every penny has mattered to us and will be that way for quite some time.

TheEnigma
05-12-2013, 01:30 PM
The guy has some physical talent but he is lazy in everything he does. He wont block and he runs crappy routes. If he isnt the 1st read he checks out. He isnt good enough to get away with that

Simple as that really. The coaching staff determined this to be the case and now he is gone.

ShakeandBake
05-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Seems like you were the only one who thought he was a "lock" to make the team. Also, did you really need to make another thread about this, or are you that much of a sucker for punishment?

TCHOF
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
The point is you don't garauntee money to someone you're expecting to cut anyway. In case you haven't noticed over the past couple of years every penny has mattered to us and will be that way for quite some time.

Oh, that's the point, is it? Who said that they were expecting to cut him when they paid him the money? There was probably some competition for him among NFL teams, so the Giants had to pay a little more than is customary for a UDFA to get him here. They obviously invited him to the camp because they thought that he could potentially be a contributor. They didn't like what they saw and cut him. It's as simple as that.

Should they have kept him just because they paid him $15K? Or are you questioning the front office because they paid $15K to a guy that ended up being cut? Either point is sort of silly, don't you think?

jomo
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Truth is, to get bounced that quickly after receiving a small signing bonus requires a different type of talent................lol.

Eli TO Shockey
05-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Lazy players dont make it in Camp TC. He must have really messed up to not make it out of rookie minicamp. I wonder what happened. lol

myles2424
05-12-2013, 02:55 PM
B b bu but hes big! This is outrageous! We just let the next Brandon Marshall walk out the door!!!!!

Carter.525
05-12-2013, 03:03 PM
B b bu but hes big! This is outrageous! We just let the next Brandon Marshall walk out the door!!!!!

I was thinking more like the next Anthony Mix.. :eek:

LayLow
05-12-2013, 03:11 PM

Why in God's name would we give him a $15k signing bonus and then release him a few days later..... come again?Maybe Reese knows more about who to keep around than you, as evidenced by the cutting of Marcus Davis so quickly.

ALLnygIN
05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Oh, that's the point, is it? Who said that they were expecting to cut him when they paid him the money? There was probably some competition for him among NFL teams, so the Giants had to pay a little more than is customary for a UDFA to get him here. They obviously invited him to the camp because they thought that he could potentially be a contributor. They didn't like what they saw and cut him. It's as simple as that.

Should they have kept him just because they paid him $15K? Or are you questioning the front office because they paid $15K to a guy that ended up being cut? Either point is sort of silly, don't you think?

I do and you're right. I just got a little frustrated with the whole thing not so much the cutting him part. Just the wasted 15,000 it may not seem alot but it sure does seem like we could use it come offseason time, but I see your point in it being silly, bc it is.

B-Red22
05-12-2013, 05:52 PM

Haha nailed it

slipknottin
05-12-2013, 06:25 PM
I do and you're right. I just got a little frustrated with the whole thing not so much the cutting him part. Just the wasted 15,000 it may not seem alot but it sure does seem like we could use it come offseason time, but I see your point in it being silly, bc it is.

The 15k doesn't count against the cap.

BlueJayC
05-13-2013, 08:56 AM
The 15k doesn't count against the cap.

My PSL fee covers it so who outside of me should give a crap?

darrin99
05-13-2013, 09:22 AM
So much for this guy being a "beast" and "steal".

miked1958
05-13-2013, 09:29 AM
funny how a lot of fans are. some had this guy inked in as the 5th WR on this team already and we have not even started hardly anything yet towards building the 2013 roster. goes to show how much us as fans know when it comes to evaluating talent

slipknottin
05-13-2013, 09:29 AM

Well if people are complaining that the giants have 15k less to spend against the cap because of this.

It's just untrue. This signing and release means nothing in terms of cap money

Flip Empty
05-13-2013, 09:45 AM
It's also covered by merchandising and television revenue, of which everyone here contributes to.

Actually, doesn't PSL money go towards stadium upkeep?

JesseJames
05-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the team saw some serious flaw with this kid and decided not to waste any time with him, the flaw could be in his talent or his attitude but they probably won't say publicly so they won't hurt his chances of hooking up with another team....

GeoGoGo
05-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Wow! I was interested in see him in camp. Guess that was wishful thinking! I have faith that the front office knows more than me.

GO GIANTS!!!

giantscolombia
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM

+1!!

ryan12
05-13-2013, 12:28 PM
why is it hard to believe that someone that wasnt drafted got cut after a rookie camp?

darrin99
05-13-2013, 02:30 PM
why is it hard to believe that someone that wasnt drafted got cut after a rookie camp?

Seriously. I wonder what happened to the person that started the first of 3 Marcus Davis threads, and "guaranteed" he made the team? ;)

TCHOF
05-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Seriously. I wonder what happened to the person that started the first of 3 Marcus Davis threads, and "guaranteed" he made the team? ;)

He's a good poster . .. . just gets carried away sometimes.

PRGiant
05-13-2013, 05:43 PM
That money doesn't count towards the cap.

jomo
05-13-2013, 06:15 PM
He's a good poster . .. . just gets carried away sometimes.Like most of us!

MattMeyerBud
05-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Well if people are complaining that the giants have 15k less to spend against the cap because of this.

It's just untrue. This signing and release means nothing in terms of cap money

I don't think that's the point.

I think the point is if the organization can just drop 15k like its nothing, its pretty annoying to somebody who has to pay 15k JUST to have the privldge to buy overpriced season tickets, preseason tickets, and parking passes.

I can see where that is annoying

miked1958
05-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Awe come on its just a smoke screen. Giants FO knows that Marcus Davis will be our number 1 WR this season. their just trying to fool all the other teams and him into thinking he isn't any good so they can sign him to a long term deal REALLY CHEAP... that's all it is. not to worry... yo u will see him in the fall putting up HUGE numbers. lol

DownWitJPP
05-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Jets just signed him. They love WR's who can't run the route tree

slipknottin
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM
I don't think that's the point.

I think the point is if the organization can just drop 15k like its nothing, its pretty annoying to somebody who has to pay 15k JUST to have the privldge to buy overpriced season tickets, preseason tickets, and parking passes.

I can see where that is annoying

Really? We are going to bash the giants FO because of 15k?

Kruunch
05-15-2013, 08:34 AM
ZOMG we cut a UDFA.