PDA

View Full Version : Giants make 11 Roster moves as they get ready for OTAs

Captain Chaos
05-12-2013, 07:03 AM
A couple of names I was surprised that got cut.

Giants Make 11 Roster Moves: The Giants officially announced on Saturday that they have signed five player players who attended the rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis: TE Michael Palmer (Atlanta Falcons), DT Frank Okam (ex-Tampa Bay Buccaneers), WR Jeremy Horne (ex-Kansas City Chiefs), CB Junior Mertile (rookie Florida International), and S John Stevenson (rookie Georgia Southern). In addition, as previously reported, the Giants signed LB Aaron Curry (ex-Oakland Raiders) on Friday.To make room for these players, the Giants waived six players: WR Marcus Davis, OG Levy Ad****, DT Bobby Skinner, LB Charles Dieuseul, CB Buddy Jackson, and PK Jake Rogers.

evojutsu
05-12-2013, 08:52 AM
A couple of names I was surprised that got cut.

Giants Make 11 Roster Moves: The Giants officially announced on Saturday that they have signed five player players who attended the rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis: TE Michael Palmer (Atlanta Falcons), DT Frank Okam (ex-Tampa Bay Buccaneers), WR Jeremy Horne (ex-Kansas City Chiefs), CB Junior Mertile (rookie Florida International), and S John Stevenson (rookie Georgia Southern). In addition, as previously reported, the Giants signed LB Aaron Curry (ex-Oakland Raiders) on Friday.To make room for these players, the Giants waived six players: WR Marcus Davis, OG Levy Ad****, DT Bobby Skinner, LB Charles Dieuseul, CB Buddy Jackson, and PK Jake Rogers.

Ah man was rooting for Bobby Skinner, went to HS with him in Staten Island.

jomo
05-12-2013, 09:17 AM
We are making moves at warp speed. It's necessary when you are trying to find a needle in a hay stack with UDFA and retreads.
It is a good time of year though especially for those who get to extend their pursuit of the dream. Go Blue!!

Carter.525
05-12-2013, 09:28 AM
and there goes the Diesel.. Lot of guys on this board had high hopes for him..

GameTime
05-12-2013, 09:37 AM
no more Ad****......

Carter.525
05-12-2013, 09:39 AM
no more Ad****......

Atleast we still got Cox.. :cool:

Ladder27
05-12-2013, 09:41 AM
This is funny I started collecting Football cards again and I got a random autograph from a 2010 rookie. Found out who it was was and was disappointed. I never heard of the guy. Looked him up and found out he has not really played a down in the NFL. Now I come to find out my team the New York Giants signed him. Talk about a happy mofo. The player is WR Jeremy Horne (ex-Kansas City Chiefs. My autograph should be here this week in the mail.

ImElectric2
05-12-2013, 10:03 AM
and there goes the Diesel.. Lot of guys on this board had high hopes for him..He's the Victor Cruz of LBs.

TennisMenace
05-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Bye bye DiesUel - we never knew you. sniff

hugehomer
05-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Juniior Mertle has excellent straight head speed. However Lane Johnson had a better 3 cone time than Mertle.