PDA

View Full Version : Should The Giants Go More With The No Huddle Offense In 2013?

Antwuan
05-13-2013, 02:40 AM
Yea do you think?

No Huddle Offense With Eli Manning.

More Of No Huddle In 2013?

fizzlesticks
05-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Would wear out our elderly defense.

EJ Blue
05-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Would wear out our elderly defense.elderly? who's elderly?

GiantRoc
05-13-2013, 03:58 AM
Might be a good thing to throw in on occasion. For the most part though, I think the offense is too complicated to run no huddle over a long stretch.

Die-Hard
05-13-2013, 05:23 AM
It wont happen, but we can dream

Captain Chaos
05-13-2013, 05:42 AM
With the Veteran group I don't see why not. An up tempo game plan can certainly work to your advantage. It wouldn't hurt to through it in from time to time just to keep opposing D's off balance.

sheli no more
05-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Yes, they should have been doing this off and on for the last two years.

BlueSanta
05-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Unless the situation calls for it then no.

I would prefer we just use the clock better. We have a very bad habit of snapping the ball with 0.1 left on the clock. That means on every play we are losing the offensive advantage of the snap count.

Other than that, no I would be against hurrying our offense off the field any more than we have to. Keeping opposing defenses on the field and tiring as well as keeping ours fresh will help improve our defensive performance.

TheAnalyst
05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
we should, but we wont

MattMeyerBud
05-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Yea do you think?

i vote this topic to be the most asked question of the past 6 years in TAGF

miked1958
05-13-2013, 09:43 AM
It wont happen, but we can dreamProb right but if you go by what Eli does just before Halftime and at the end of games you would think they would mix it in a little more often seeing he has so much success when he has defenses back on their heels and not giving them time to huddle up

BlueSanta
05-13-2013, 09:50 AM

2 things I can count on:

1) Prior to each season someone in the forums creates a thread asking for us to run the no huddle offense.

2) After each season someone asks in the forums if we might change to a 3-4

fansince69
05-13-2013, 10:02 AM
2 things I can count on:

1) Prior to each season someone in the forums creates a thread asking for us to run the no huddle offense.

2) After each season someone asks in the forums if we might change to a 3-4Please don't forget any thread that mentions ELI...always turns into some kind of debate over his worth ....simms/eli comparison

repeatchamps
05-13-2013, 10:04 AM

Lol, just six years? Since Eli has been the QB I have been reading this topic on this board and yes I have been guilty of talking about this for years but alas the Giants coaching never listens to me lol. So I have given up talking about it lol. Like you said though someone else always brings it up. You have my vote!

Oh and to the posters equating no-huddle to hurry-up for the trillionth time in the last 9 seasons that I have said this, no-huddle offense doesn't have to mean hurry-up. See Peyton's Colts and now Peyton's Broncos. Those offenses are not hurry-up! No huddle without hurry-up is what Eli should be permitted to run or like I have also said trillions of times in the last 9 seasons, Eli has to be the one to demand this philosophy change. At this point, Eli would get his way if he pushed hard enough for it. It would need to be implemented in the off-season though so everyone is on the same page. There's no going back once you do it so you darn well better be masters at it by practicing it in the offseason and sticking with it week 1 all the way through the season.

JesseJames
05-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Unless the situation calls for it then no.

I would prefer we just use the clock better. We have a very bad habit of snapping the ball with 0.1 left on the clock. That means on every play we are losing the offensive advantage of the snap count.

Other than that, no I would be against hurrying our offense off the field any more than we have to. Keeping opposing defenses on the field and tiring as well as keeping ours fresh will help improve our defensive performance.

I agree with you completely on snapping the ball with more time on the clock, I don't understand why we do this because when we let the clock run down to 1 or 2 seconds everybody in the stadium knows when the ball is going to be snapped especially the defense...

joemorrisforprez
05-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Yea do you think?

Would love to see it, but as long as Gilbride is calling this offense, it won't happen until we need to win a game.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
05-13-2013, 10:53 AM
I would love for them to sprinkle it in besides the end of quarters and when we are down. Not exclusively though just a nice change of pace.

Drez
05-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Running more no huddle as a panacea for the offense is one of the bigger myths in football. We've tinkered with it several times over the past few years to mixed results. While we do need to find a way to up the tempo a little, going no huddle isn't necessarily the answer.

Drez
05-13-2013, 10:58 AM
2 things I can count on:

2) After each season someone asks in the forums if we might change to a 3-4Don't forget Fire KG and Rehire Spags threads.

egyptian420
05-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Every year someone asks this question. It's not happening folks, we're not about to reinvent a 32 year old QB and this entire offense.

Carter.525
05-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Eli should run the read option

BlueSanta
05-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Please don't forget any thread that mentions ELI...always turns into some kind of debate over his worth ....simms/eli comparison

Yea , true. But sadly Eli will retire some day. I do not think these 2 questions will ever go away

Manning
05-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Lol, just six years? Since Eli has been the QB I have been reading this topic on this board and yes I have been guilty of talking about this for years but alas the Giants coaching never listens to me lol. So I have given up talking about it lol. Like you said though someone else always brings it up. You have my vote!

Oh and to the posters equating no-huddle to hurry-up for the trillionth time in the last 9 seasons that I have said this, no-huddle offense doesn't have to mean hurry-up. See Peyton's Colts and now Peyton's Broncos. Those offenses are not hurry-up! No huddle without hurry-up is what Eli should be permitted to run or like I have also said trillions of times in the last 9 seasons, Eli has to be the one to demand this philosophy change. At this point, Eli would get his way if he pushed hard enough for it. It would need to be implemented in the off-season though so everyone is on the same page. There's no going back once you do it so you darn well better be masters at it by practicing it in the offseason and sticking with it week 1 all the way through the season.

People that don't know the difference between hurry up and no huddle are annoying.

jomo
05-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Yea do you think?

More Of No Huddle In 2013?I love the idea of dictating matchups that favor us. The no huddle would do that and we have a veteran QB to run it.

giantscolombia
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
It wont happen, but we can dream
THANK YOU.
THREAD CLOSED....

giantsfan420
05-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Oh and to the posters equating no-huddle to hurry-up for the trillionth time in the last 9 seasons that I have said this, no-huddle offense doesn't have to mean hurry-up. See Peyton's Colts and now Peyton's Broncos. Those offenses are not hurry-up! No huddle without hurry-up is what Eli should be permitted to run or like I have also said trillions of times in the last 9 seasons, Eli has to be the one to demand this philosophy change. At this point, Eli would get his way if he pushed hard enough for it. It would need to be implemented in the off-season though so everyone is on the same page. There's no going back once you do it so you darn well better be masters at it by practicing it in the offseason and sticking with it week 1 all the way through the season.this. i beenright there with you trying to explain the difference between a no huddle and a hurry up offense...theoretically, iirc, the offense that KG's is built upon (run n shoot) was based partly on the no huddle. Didn't Warren Moons Oilers first start doing that? and before that, iirc, another thing KGs offense scheme is based on, Air Coryell, iirc a team running that offense was the first to start dong the no huddle...I gotta brush up on this, the no huddle has a pretty interesting history (if I could remember it lol)...but yeah, Im kinda baffled as to why we havent seen it yet...perhaps TC/KG are worried itd lead to more T.O.'s (timeouts and turnovers)

giantscolombia
05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Yea , true. But sadly Eli will retire some day. I do not think these 2 questions will ever go away
If anything the questions about this will probably increase when Eli retires...

repeatchamps
05-13-2013, 01:55 PM
this. i beenright there with you trying to explain the difference between a no huddle and a hurry up offense...theoretically, iirc, the offense that KG's is built upon (run n shoot) was based partly on the no huddle. Didn't Warren Moons Oilers first start doing that? and before that, iirc, another thing KGs offense scheme is based on, Air Coryell, iirc a team running that offense was the first to start dong the no huddle...I gotta brush up on this, the no huddle has a pretty interesting history (if I could remember it lol)...but yeah, Im kinda baffled as to why we havent seen it yet...perhaps TC/KG are worried itd lead to more T.O.'s (timeouts and turnovers)

If the Oilers get credit for running it with Moon we'd be remiss not to give credit to the Bills who ran it at the same timeframe Moon would have been running it. Jim Kelly ran it beautifully that is until he and his team ran into Bellichick's game plan executed by the Giants defense in Super Bowl 25, lol.