PDA

View Full Version : umm didnt the Giants sign a UDFA linebacker?

Greatone80
05-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Ok,hear me out before i get attacked.I was reading either on here or on twitter or somewhere that the giants did sign a good young undrafted linebacker that was getting praise.I could be mistaken or maybe im right,but im not sure,mad confused.Im currently missing football so much that i actually made the giants draft class in madden.(Off the subject,,if all these players are in ncaaa football,why cant the first round guys be ported over into madden after the draft??) Now i know we signed curry,and im hearing great things from taylor,but i wouldve bet money there was news of a udfa linebacker signing.YES im one of those who thought we shouldve drafted a linebacker and i can hear the -aarrgghh or sighs- now,but i thought there was a signing.

jomo
05-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Not quite sure how to respond to this..................not even sure I understand it lol. There is no UDFA LB that is going to start for us this year so in the end, who cares?

joemorrisforprez
05-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Ok,hear me out before i get attacked.I was reading either on here or on twitter or somewhere that the giants did sign a good young undrafted linebacker that was getting praise.I could be mistaken or maybe im right,but im not sure,mad confused.Im currently missing football so much that i actually made the giants draft class in madden.(Off the subject,,if all these players are in ncaaa football,why cant the first round guys be ported over into madden after the draft??) Now i know we signed curry,and im hearing great things from taylor,but i wouldve bet money there was news of a udfa linebacker signing.YES im one of those who thought we shouldve drafted a linebacker and i can hear the -aarrgghh or sighs- now,but i thought there was a signing.

Yeah, linebacker is a sensitive topic around here....the mere mention of it sends some people into fits of anger.

Anyhow, I think they signed some dude named Charles Diesel-Juice, and he was promptly cut to make room for someone else....probably a 4th string QB or something.

King Sully
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Entienne sabino ?

ImElectric2
05-14-2013, 08:12 PM
To ddrrreeeeeeaaaammmmmmmm the impossible drrreeeaaaammmmm....!!!!!!!

joemorrisforprez
05-14-2013, 08:17 PM
To ddrrreeeeeeaaaammmmmmmm the impossible drrreeeaaaammmmm....!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!

Drez
05-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah, linebacker is a sensitive topic around here....the mere mention of it sends some people into fits of anger.
.Namely you.

joemorrisforprez
05-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Namely you.

LMAO!!! x 2

jomo
05-14-2013, 08:25 PM

Anyhow, I think they signed some dude named Charles Diesel-Juice, and he was promptly cut to make room for someone else....probably a 4th string QB or something.So your saying he can help us? :D

joemorrisforprez
05-14-2013, 08:26 PM
So your saying he can help us? :D

Personally, I thought Charlie Diesel-Juice was the answer. When it comes to linebackers, Reese has the Midas Touch.

NorwoodBlue
05-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Personally, I thought Charlie Diesel-Juice was the answer. When it comes to linebackers, Reese has the Midas Touch.

He's got the Midas touch alright, the higher he drafts them the worse they are. Sintim was a second I think, and Jones a third or fourth. Williams is the best of the crew and he was a fifth rounder, Paysinger was undrafted and he's not too bad.

We forget that we actually have drafted LB fairly high, and they never pan out. Probably one fo the reasons LB is such a sore subject is that nobody knows how to fix it. The high draft picks don't work out, the FA acquisitions seem to be walking health problems, and we just can't seem to find a recipe for success where LB are concerned. But, to answer the original poster, Deisel-Juice wasn't ever the answer.

joemorrisforprez
05-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Entienne sabino ?

All joking aside, I believe you are correct....3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBG2N_L2BwY

FishinTheSalt
05-14-2013, 08:55 PM

Deusaldorf was waived a few days ago.

http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl/new-york-giants

TheAnalyst
05-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Jonas Seawright had a kid named Jonas Seawright who plays linebacker and is actually older then his dad. I heard he signed the Giants to play for him.

DownWitJPP
05-14-2013, 10:50 PM
signed 2 UDFA linebackers..Etienne Sabino LB Ohio State, and Charles Dieuseul who was cut after rookie mini camp.

MattyD21
05-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Sabino out of Ohio st

BlueSanta
05-15-2013, 03:10 AM

Anyhow, I think they signed some dude named Charles Diesel-Juice, and he was promptly cut to make room for someone else....probably a 4th string QB or something.

that's just not true. Most people agree that the Lbers are a huge question mark. But, we are tired of a certain few hijacking every thread and turning it into the same topic.

giantscolombia
05-15-2013, 08:43 AM
How come Sabino dropped soooo bad?

was he a starter at Ohio State?

Giant303
05-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Probably had something to do with that broken leg he suffered. His measurables are comparable to Te'o. I went over his pro day numbers compared with Te'o and they are ridiculously similar. That of course says nothing about how football smart he is.

Dline83
05-15-2013, 11:02 AM
All joking aside, I believe you are correct....3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBG2N_L2BwY

I like Sabino a lot, but he does have some work to do when it comes to dropping back into coverage. Like some scouting reports stated as the draft rolled around; he does display some skills in covering the flat and picking up the TE or RB in short zones that keep him close to the LOS. I think he displayed a good amount of skill in stopping the run, filling the correct gap, following and anticipating where the ball carrier was going to go, and rushing the qb, especially on taking the correct angles. The kid was co-captain for his senior year and one of his biggest qualities is his ability to be coached and his overall character.

He has been a solid tackler during his last two years at Ohio State, but does sometimes look to make an impact play rather than a clean tackle (which can be viewed as a positive or negative, I tend to view it in slightly a positive light). Displayed a good amount of skill at taking on lead blockers and causing general disruption in the run game, but could learn to play at a lower level more consistently. I also saw him get his body out of proper position more than a few times when he went for strips, which I don't think is a bad decision, just something that needs to be applied at the right time during games. He also really only showed up at a high level during his final two years at Ohio State, which I think proves the point that he is highly coachable and has the ability to continue to develop.

That being said a lot of people think he can play inside or out, which I tend to disagree with. I really don't see his skill set transferring over to playing Mike in the NFL. Even in College he would get eaten up by bodies in the middle and have trouble getting to the plays. I really like him playing outside, covering the flat, short zones, screen passes to TE/RB/WR, and rushing. I think he will continue to improve as he gets more coaching and opportunities.

I think he has a very good chance of make this team (especially because he is a Coughlin type of player) but I do not expect him to have a starting role on the LB core this year, mainly a special teams player and insurance policy if anyone goes down. That being said, I loved watching him play in college (my family is from Ohio, so watching Ohio State games are mandatory) and am fully rooting for the kid to make the most of his opportunity. If he surprised me and broke into the starting unit, even in spot situations, I would be excited to see what he could do.

joemorrisforprez
05-15-2013, 11:52 AM
that's just not true. Most people agree that the Lbers are a huge question mark. But, we are tired of a certain few hijacking every thread and turning it into the same topic.

Lighten up Francis.

If you want to play message board referee, I've added some game tape on Sabino, which is more than you've contributed in this thread.

dave56dj
05-15-2013, 07:44 PM
He's got the Midas touch alright, the higher he drafts them the worse they are. Sintim was a second I think, and Jones a third or fourth. Williams is the best of the crew and he was a fifth rounder, Paysinger was undrafted and he's not too bad.

We forget that we actually have drafted LB fairly high, and they never pan out. Probably one fo the reasons LB is such a sore subject is that nobody knows how to fix it. The high draft picks don't work out, the FA acquisitions seem to be walking health problems, and we just can't seem to find a recipe for success where LB are concerned. But, to answer the original poster, Deisel-Juice wasn't ever the answer.

Just for the record J will was a 6th rounder.

BlueSanta
05-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Lighten up Francis.

If you want to play message board referee, I've added some game tape on Sabino, which is more than you've contributed in this thread.

Interesting that You took offense. Wonder why?

GiantPride13
05-16-2013, 08:21 AM

Jones and JWill were both 5th i believe

Kruunch
05-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Jones and JWill were both 5th i believe

Both were 6th round selections.

And we've only drafted one LBer higher than the 4th round (Sintim) under Reese, and no LBer drafted by Reese has actually started two or more full seasons. Goff was closest but he got hurt and JWill can possibly eclipse that if he stays healthy this year.

I think history shows that LBer isn't the strong point of our team under Reese.

Greatone80
05-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Not quite sure how to respond to this..................not even sure I understand it lol. There is no UDFA LB that is going to start for us this year so in the end, who cares?

All i was asking was if the giants did sign a undrafted linebacker or something the other day.Im not sure what to call him,free agent,street agent,undrafted guy....sorry for badly explaining it.

Entienne sabino sounds like him,Im not a big colleg guy but is he really good? I read he broke his leg,so is he back to 100 percent? I havent heard any reports on him from the giants yet.

Captain Chaos
05-16-2013, 06:57 PM
All i was asking was if the giants did sign a undrafted linebacker or something the other day.Im not sure what to call him,free agent,street agent,undrafted guy....sorry for badly explaining it.

Entienne sabino sounds like him,Im not a big colleg guy but is he really good? I read he broke his leg,so is he back to 100 percent? I havent heard any reports on him from the giants yet.

Smeelk talked briefly about him in his Rookie Minicamp program that the Giants really like the kid, says he has size and athleticism that they are looking for. Indicated that he really came on in his senior year. could be a nice grab!

Greatone80
05-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Ok,who can we compare him too? He has size,speed,yeah yeah but in simple terms,who do u compare him too?...

giant-4-life
05-16-2013, 10:09 PM
what about the kid Diesel?

jomo
05-16-2013, 10:22 PM
what about the kid Diesel?Gone already, pretty sure he was released earlier this week. I'm gonna miss him lol.

Drez
05-16-2013, 10:23 PM
what about the kid Diesel?We cut him after rookie camp.