PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Reese Likes Chips On His Linebackers Shoulders

BlueBlitzer
05-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Herzlick would like to prove He overcame a debilitating illness. Rivers wants to show the Bengals it was a mistake to trade Him. Curry wants the Seahawks and Raiders to Dredd losing Him. Connors would dearly love to make the Cowboys pay for their shortsightedness. And I'm pretty sure Paysinger is getting tired of being the best LBer ( Of course on STs not Defense ).

penguinfarmer
05-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Cute. But I'd much rather have the entitled dbag with heaps of talent and ability at this point.

RoanokeFan
05-15-2013, 08:37 PM
They really need to make shoulder pads mandatory :rolleyes:

BlueBlitzer
05-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Cute. But I'd much rather have the entitled dbag with heaps of talent and ability at this point. Well you have half of it right. They don't appear to be dbags but they do have heaps of talent and ability. ( Please don't ever use the word cute when expressing about football )

Sovereign
05-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Well it is cute because it's a sissy way of making a football team.

FishinTheSalt
05-15-2013, 09:01 PM
They play more like they have swiss cheese on their shoulders.

Cool Papa B.
05-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Herzlick would like to prove He overcame a debilitating illness. Rivers wants to show the Bengals it was a mistake to trade Him. Curry wants the Seahawks and Raiders to Dredd losing Him. Connors would dearly love to make the Cowboys pay for their shortsightedness. And I'm pretty sure Paysinger is getting tired of being the best LBer ( Of course on STs not Defense ).

Uhmmmmm.....

That's nice. Any good LB plays with a chip on his shoulder. Will it help them become a better LB core? We'll see.

BlueBlitzer
05-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Well it is cute because it's a sissy way of making a football team.

So being Ticked Off, Focused, and Determined is a sissy way of making a football team ? ( I also don't believe sissy should be used when talking about football. But that's just my opinion )

DVision
05-15-2013, 09:12 PM
He shouldn't say things like that with a bunch of injury prone LB's. Now I know what the off season injury bug will be and which position group it will effect! ;)

jomo
05-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Pretty much reject the entire premise of this thread.

giantsforce
05-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Now that explains why we cannot find any decent LB's. Reese was not specific when he said chips. What kind of chips? Doritos? potato chips? wavey? Kettle? Corn? Flour? With so many choices, Reese must have difficulty making up his mind when it comes to LB's

TCHOF
05-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Worked great with Rivers and Herzlich last year . . .

penguinfarmer
05-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Well you have half of it right. They don't appear to be dbags but they do have heaps of talent and ability. ( Please don't ever use the word cute when expressing about football )

Well I was just being polite in my sarcasm. My point was that sentiment hasn't done much for our LB corps. I'm willing to bet that Reese is not prodding the free agent wire to see which guy is the most ticked off or who would look like the best hollywood rejuvenation story. He's looking for the cheapest bargains.

uther99
05-15-2013, 09:51 PM
More like Reese likes shopping in the bargain bin, like the bin of movies at Walmart, they got something to prove!

ShakeandBake
I wonder if Terry Tate is available
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5cdZ-Fnpc

BigJ
Cute. But I'd much rather have the entitled dbag with heaps of talent and ability at this point. Thats how i feel. All of us who wanted Vontez Bufict last year arent so dumb after all. Guy could of ran our defense for the next 10 years the way he is playing on the Bangles and we could of got him undrafted. Talk about low high reward

BigJ
05-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Jerry Reese doesn't like linebackers, does not value the position

penguinfarmer
05-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Thats how i feel. All of us who wanted Vontez Bufict last year arent so dumb after all. Guy could of ran our defense for the next 10 years the way he is playing on the Bangles and we could of got him undrafted. Talk about low high reward

Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer didn't even want Burfict when Mike Brown signed him as an UDFA and brought him to camp. 32 teams did not foresee what Burfict would have become, including the Bengals.

ShakeandBake
05-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer didn't even want Burfict when Mike Brown signed him as an UDFA and brought him to camp. 32 teams did not foresee what Burfict would have become, including the Bengals.

Yeah 9 times out of 10 guys like Burfict end up turning into a Rolando McClain. It was definitely worth the shot though considering he wasn't drafted at all and had such a high ceiling as far as his potential is concerned.

joemorrisforprez
05-16-2013, 12:49 AM
This is where Reese picks up his linebackers....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SH1j1luFOw

Buddy333
05-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Reese will never put together a Super Bowl winning team until he drafts some LB's early and over pays for some in FA. Oh wait!

Giantslb66
05-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Now that explains why we cannot find any decent LB's. Reese was not specific when he said chips. What kind of chips? Doritos? potato chips? wavey? Kettle? Corn? Flour? With so many choices, Reese must have difficulty making up his mind when it comes to LB's
The way our LBs have played,they are the equivilent of "Zero Trans Fat Chips." Nobody likes them!

Toadofsteel
05-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Cute. But I'd much rather have the entitled dbag with heaps of talent and ability at this point.
Well you have half of it right. They don't appear to be dbags but they do have heaps of talent and ability. ( Please don't ever use the word cute when expressing about football )

He's talking about goddamned ogletree...

joemorrisforprez
05-16-2013, 01:00 AM
The way our LBs have played,they are the equivilent of "Zero Trans Fat Chips." Nobody likes them!

Our linebackers are like those crappy Sun Chips.....halfway through the snack, I'm thinking "where are the ****ing Fritos?"

BigJ
05-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Yeah 9 times out of 10 guys like Burfict end up turning into a Rolando McClain. It was definitely worth the shot though considering he wasn't drafted at all and had such a high ceiling as far as his potential is concerned. Yea difference was Mcclain was a first round, top.10 pick that's a huge gamble... Bufict was am UDFA and if he did end up like Mcclain you cut him in training camp and if he doesent end up being an ******* you have him for less then a quarter of what you pay Mcclain and he is already showed he's 10 times the player. can't compare him to Mcclain, he is a first round pick and a huge waste off money. Bufict would have basically been free if he did or didn't work out

myles2424
05-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Injury prone,below average guys with chips on their shoulders < real LBs

TCHOF
05-16-2013, 07:11 AM
I wonder if Terry Tate is available
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5cdZ-Fnpc

Love Terry Tate. "You kill the joe, you gotta make some mo."

Captain Chaos
05-16-2013, 07:18 AM
I personally don't care what motivates them to play, I would just like them to become a solid unit!

penguinfarmer
05-16-2013, 07:27 AM
He's talking about goddamned ogletree...

I wasn't. But I sure as hell am not excited about what's in front of us like he is. Especially not for those reasons.

J. Tuck Rule
05-16-2013, 09:14 AM

With the exception of Paysinger, every one of those guys you mentioned has, at some point, had a serious illness or injury. The LBers are in bad shape. lol

giantscolombia
05-16-2013, 01:15 PM
This makes no sense! just because you have a "chip" on your shoulder doesnt make you a talented athlete. If they were talented they would not need to have this "chip"

If this scenario were true then we need to bring in EVERY single CFL player that tried out for the NFL. They will have a chip on their shoulder....

or bring in T.O and Chad...