PDA

View Full Version : Who on Defense wears the radio helmet?

Mercury
05-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Blackburn and Boley had the most experience calling/setting the defense. Now that they are gone, who do you see doing it? Does another LBer step up? Or maybe Rolle?

MattMeyerBud
05-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Blackburn and Boley had the most experience calling/setting the defense. Now that they are gone, who do you see doing it? Does another LBer step up? Or maybe Rolle?

at this point i'd go with Rolle,

but maybe somebody shines in the offseason and earns their stripes

RoanokeFan
05-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Whoever pays Joe Skiba the most :p

King Sully
05-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Total guess... Rivers

keyofgmen
05-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Don't see Rolle. Maybe Connor if he picks up system quickly?

fansince69
05-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Don't see Rolle. Maybe Connor if he picks up system quickly?Would have to be someone that is a 3 down player....my impression is Connor is not.....Honestly with all the substitutions for different downs and distance...3 down players are getting few on the Giants lol

slipknottin
05-16-2013, 01:50 PM
J Will I hope.

Rolle does play every snap though. So he is most likely

keyofgmen
05-16-2013, 01:53 PM
J Will I hope.

Rolle does play every snap though. So he is most likely

Any idea how many safeties wear the wired helmet? Any examples?

slipknottin
05-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Any idea how many safeties wear the wired helmet? Any examples?

I can't think of any. At least not in a base defense. Teams are allowed two defensive players with those helmets, tho only one can be wearing one at any given time.

It could be a situation where Connor gets it, and a sub package player like the third safety or coverage linebacker gets one as well

RoanokeFan
05-16-2013, 02:05 PM
I can't think of any. At least not in a base defense. Teams are allowed two defensive players with those helmets, tho only one can be wearing one at any given time.

It could be a situation where Connor gets it, and a sub package player like the third safety or coverage linebacker gets one as well

I seem to recall some report on Rolle playing closer to the line this season. If that's the case, and, as you say, he plays every down, he might be the guy. I think he's smart enough to make the calls

keyofgmen
05-16-2013, 02:08 PM

Thanks. I couldn't think of any either. Wonder why only 2 can be designated? What does it matter who wears it as long as only one player on the field at a time. I assume, if a player gets hurt, another player can be designated to wear it.