PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS STORMS

ashleymarie
05-16-2013, 01:16 PM
We are okay and our children, son-in-laws and grandchildren. WE have major damages - all insured - just a matter of getting the repairs done. But so many in my daughters' city of Cleburne, Tx. are without homes to go back to. We all could sure use your prayers. Prayers is what we need. Thanks to one and all.

Ashleymarie

RoanokeFan
05-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Thoughts and prayers for all those affected.

fansince69
05-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Thoughts and prayers for all those affected.Agreed

ryan12
05-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Thoughts and prayers for all those affected.

+1,000,000,000

YATittle1962
05-16-2013, 01:26 PM
thoughts and prayers your way

stay safe !

keyofgmen
05-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Perspective.
Hang in and rebuild a better and safer home.

Rudyy
05-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Just saw it on the news. I am praying for you and your family, and all those who were affected. God bless you.

Toadofsteel
05-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Thoughts and prayers with those afflicted.

rebelfan1966
05-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Prayers for everyone who was impacted by this storm system.

giantscolombia
05-16-2013, 02:15 PM
I have not heard of this as I'm at work. God bless everyone affected and those who have not been.

EnragedYouth85
05-16-2013, 02:40 PM
I have a lot of friends out in TX, hope all is well and you guys get your houses fixed sooner rather than later!

miked1958
05-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Yes sometimes when things happen so far from away from where they live they see it on the news for a second and then forget about it. Out of sight, out of mind. Same thing happened when I was doing Hurricane Relief in Mississippi and New Orleans during Katrina. We were there a year later with areas still very bad and people were like?? Why? Even a few months later even it was still devastating people I talked to up north couldn't understand why my family was still there.

miked1958
05-16-2013, 06:02 PM
We for sure know what your going through. We had some really bad tornados here in the Mobile, Alabama area on Christmas Day last year and another a week later. We will pray for your area

ShakeandBake
05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
You poor Texans sure have been through a lot lately. Be safe, we are thinking of y'all down there.

Ntegrase96
05-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Many prayers to you and your family.

We didn't get anything here, but things were crazy last year at this time... Just seems to be getting closer and closer every year.

Roosevelt
05-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Prayers and best wishes sent.

jomo
05-16-2013, 08:41 PM
We are okay and our children, son-in-laws and grandchildren. WE have major damages - all insured - just a matter of getting the repairs done. But so many in my daughters' city of Cleburne, Tx. are without homes to go back to. We all could sure use your prayers. Prayers is what we need. Thanks to one and all.

AshleymarieYou've got our prayers.

Moke
05-16-2013, 08:41 PM
You should start a donation, I would donate. Good luck.

ashleymarie
05-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Thank you all so much. You have lifted up my heart and spirit. It looks better here in the light of day. Texans are strong and hard working. This brought us to our knees. Your comments, prayers, have restored my faith in others. Bless you all.

Moke
05-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Read this in the paper. Really devastated.

ashleymarie
05-17-2013, 12:27 PM
A bit of humor in all the rubble. One of our 100+ y.o. oak trees was uprooted and slammed in to our home. One of the large limbs came through our breakfast room windows. I have house plants in every room. My husband said my house plants were becoming too large. Now that I read it in print it is not funny but we laughed and laughed. The big tree is out of our home now. Thanks to hard work and chainsaws. Our old farm will shine again someday. I feel such thankfulness to yall.

To Moke: I appreciate your suggestion to ask for donations (and thank you for saying you would donate). We cannot ask for money, not when everything we own is insured, the house, the fences that are now in another county, our cattle and horses.

I heard the electricity in Cleburne Tx will be restored today. Once that happens we can start work, make accessments. Perhaps the city will ask for donations. If so I will send the info to you. Thanks again.

RoanokeFan
05-17-2013, 12:30 PM
A bit of humor in all the rubble. One of our 100+ y.o. oak trees was uprooted and slammed in to our home. One of the large limbs came through our breakfast room windows. I have house plants in every room. My husband said my house plants were becoming too large. Now that I read it in print it is not funny but we laughed and laughed. The big tree is out of our home now. Thanks to hard work and chainsaws. Our old farm will shine again someday. I feel such thankfulness to yall.

To Moke: I appreciate your suggestion to ask for donations (and thank you for saying you would donate). We cannot ask for money, not when everything we own is insured, the house, the fences that are now in another county, our cattle and horses.

I heard the electricity in Cleburne Tx will be restored today. Once that happens we can start work, make accessments. Perhaps the city will ask for donations. If so I will send the info to you. Thanks again.

Glad everyone in your life survived, things can be replaced. I volunteer part time at a local farm and can only imagine life without the horses and other collection of animals we have there. God Bless.

Moke
05-17-2013, 01:21 PM

I'm glad the insurance covers everything!

Yes, let me know. Thank you!

GameTime
05-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Good thoughts out to everyone...

Shimmy
05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Stay safe. Hope things start to look up for you and your family soon.

FBomb
05-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Many good thoughts.