PDA

View Full Version : Boomer and Carton:

TuckYou
12-30-2011, 11:27 AM
I normally am able to listen to them (not sure why I do) when Im working through the week. Obviously these 2 are huge Jets fans and always talking Jets this Jets that, hating on the Giants. Since I was off on vacation this week, I wasnt able to hear them respond to the beatdown our Gmen put on their Jets. I would of loved to her Carton crying about it. </P>

Anyone listen to them this week? What did they say about the whole thing? Or did they just start talking about the Mets.</P>

Thanks.</P>

GameTime
12-30-2011, 11:32 AM
I normally am able to listen to them (not sure why I do) when Im working through the week. Obviously these 2 are huge Jets fans and always talking Jets this Jets that, hating on the Giants. Since I was off on vacation this week, I wasnt able to hear them respond to the beatdown our Gmen put on their Jets. I would of loved to her Carton crying about it. </P>

Anyone listen to them this week? What did they say about the whole thing? Or did they just start talking about the Mets.</P>

Thanks.</P>

</P>

they were off....</P>

but as much as they love the Jets they would have certainly mualed the jets verbally after the loss. But they would have pointed out how bad Eli and the offense was at 9 for 27. They do give the Giants some props but they would have focused on the inconsistencies and such. They dont like the Cowpies either so they would be in the Giants corner this week...IMO</P>

nYg24
12-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Boomer isn't a Jets fan hes a Bengals fan, but yea they were off this week.

TrueBlue07
12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
I stopped listening to them because of how badly they rag on the Giants.

The sports talk industry is such a joke. How the NY centered hosts were allowed to be off the week following this huge NY game is ridiculous. Imagine if any of us tried to pull something like that where we work....don't know how it was allowed. I know they need, and deserve, time off but it should have came at another time than now. Even if they got a day or two off, not the whole week.

But I'm sure Carton was in no rush to get back after he (I assume) flapped his mouth

TuckYou
12-30-2011, 11:41 AM
of course they were off...</P>

They probably wont even talk about when they get back. Oh well. </P>

What I dont understand is there are no radio hosts who cover the Giants. They are all Jets fans. Being out of NY, it sucks having to listen to Jets fans for my NY sports all the time. </P>

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Thankfully they were off.

It was great listening to Chris Carlin and Kimberly Jones. They are so much better.

Kase-1
12-30-2011, 11:44 AM
I cant stand Carton, he's one of the main reasons this Jets-Giants rivalry got so intense, anything he says positive about the Jets he would say a totally non related dis on the Giants, it was idiotic. And the way he disrespects hockey makes me wanna smack him in the face

Boomer is fine with me, I LOVE the fact that he talks Rangers Hockey all the time

It does suck that they were off, I was really hoping to hear Big Blue Nation call up and rub it in cartons stupid face, LOL

GameTime
12-30-2011, 11:44 AM
of course they were off...</P>

They probably wont even talk about when they get back. Oh well. </P>

What I dont understand is there are no radio hosts who cover the Giants. They are all Jets fans. Being out of NY, it sucks having to listen to Jets fans for my NY sports all the time. </P>

</P>

you know its funny the two guys I like the most are Benigo and Roberts. While they are Jets fans they certainly do not hate on the Giants. If you didnt know they were Jets fans you would think they were Giants fans. They are down to earth and NY team supporters all the way around. </P>

TrueBlue07
12-30-2011, 11:51 AM
of course they were off...</p>

They probably wont even talk about when they get back. Oh well. </p>

What I dont understand is there are no radio hosts who cover the Giants. They are all Jets fans. Being out of NY, it sucks having to listen to Jets fans for my NY sports all the time. </p>

I say this all the time. How does WFAN/1050 have ONE Giants fan (Le Greca) on the air. Everyone else at WFAN is a Jets fan, 1050 is "home of the Jets" so they are Jet slanted. I have no idea how this is overlooked by both stations.

Kase-1
12-30-2011, 11:52 AM

What I dont understand is there are no radio hosts who cover the Giants. They are all Jets fans. Being out of NY, it sucks having to listen to Jets fans for my NY sports all the time. </p>

I say this all the time. How does WFAN/1050 have ONE Giants fan (Le Greca) on the air. Everyone else at WFAN is a Jets fan, 1050 is "home of the Jets" so they are Jet slanted. I have no idea how this is overlooked by both stations.
We need more Bob Papa!!!!!

TrueBlue07
12-30-2011, 11:53 AM

You gotta get SiriusXM. Poppa and Tucker on The Blitz are awesome.

G-Men Surg.
12-30-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't know if he was jerking off but in fridays show at the end when they made their picks Carton picked the Giants to win it by double digits 27-14. He almost nails it.

krygny
12-30-2011, 12:12 PM
WFAN should probably be sued for discrimination. They're almost all Mets and Jets fans. I don't know of any Giants fans and the only Yankees fan is Fatso and he's a fat, arrogant idiot. At least Steve Sommers hates the Cowboys. One of the guys they have on overnight is a Washington Foreskins fan.

Kase-1
12-30-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't know if he was jerking off but in fridays show at the end when they made their picks Carton picked the Giants to win it by double digits 27-14. He almost nails it.He did that cause everytime he picks them to win by double digits they get creamed by a less talented team...I heard it on Friday right as they made their picks and I was thinking to myself, what a bastage!!

But it is quite funny how he almost got the score spot on

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2011, 12:18 PM

We need a Giants/Yankees centric sports talk station in NY. Steinbrenner was supposedly looking into it before he died. Unacceptable to have all this Mets/Jets talk.

NYfanatic
12-30-2011, 12:30 PM
I heard after the game Carton and Fireman Ed cried in a corner together. But next week when the jets are done for the season I expect carton to say "Well forget about this year, next year the jets will win the superbowl and the Giants will go 0-16. Bet on it."

Joe Morrison
12-30-2011, 12:37 PM
We all know that Boomer hates the world and himself for losing his one shot at the superbowl and then having to end his career with the Jets and now is stuck on the radio with a lunatic Jet fan Carton who I don't think has a athletic bone in his body.</P>

So like the man says, get Sirius Radio and get on the NFL Station for some real football coverage.</P>

HilliardFan16
12-30-2011, 12:40 PM

Steve Sommers has to be a Giants fan. Isn't he?

TuckYou
12-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Carl Banks does well when he is on. FOR BOTH NY TEAMS. He talks Jets and tries to point out their strengths as well. Obviously he is a Giant but I think he does the best job when on. </P>

DownWitJPP
12-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I listen to the show just about every morning. Even though Carton gets on my nerves i think they are funny. Boomer has actually been defending the Giants lately

barran21
12-30-2011, 12:56 PM
The NFL schedule the game perfectly a time when Boomer and Moron would be off and Fat boy too...

TuckYou
12-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I listen to the show just about every morning. Even though Carton gets on my nerves i think they are funny. Boomer has actually been defending the Giants lately</P>

On what basis?</P>

I have a hard time defending the Giants this season. They are so up and down. They could win this game 41-10 or lose it 41-10, and neither would shock me. </P>

DownWitJPP
12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I completely agree with you, we never know which team is going to show up on Sunday. What I meant was when Carton goes on his anti G-MEN tirades, Boomer usually defends the Giants

G-Men Surg.
12-30-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't know if he was jerking off but in fridays show at the end when they made their picks Carton picked the Giants to win it by double digits 27-14. He almost nails it.He did that cause everytime he picks them to win by double digits they get creamed by a less talented team...I heard it on Friday right as they made their picks and I was thinking to myself, what a bastage!!

There you go, I knew there was something fishy going on ! He is off and out in a family vacation and to some point I'm sure he isn't having the " best " of holidays right now .

TroyArcher
12-30-2011, 03:38 PM
To be honest I don't know how anyone can listen to these two. Carton is a white trash self promoting Jet fan. Boomer is an egotistical ex-average QB who brings no insight you would expect from an ex-QB. They talk sports about two minutes an hour, the rest of the time is spoent on morning-zoo type crap. I stopped listening a longtime ago.

jomo
12-30-2011, 03:40 PM
To be honest I don't know how anyone can listen to these two. Carton is a white trash self promoting Jet fan. Boomer is an egotistical ex-average QB who brings no insight you would expect from an ex-QB. They talk sports about two minutes an hour, the rest of the time is spoent on morning-zoo type crap. I stopped listening a longtime ago.Pretty well sums them up, not much happening in either of those noggins for different reasons. You will learn more by listening to the traffic/weather channel on Sirius in the morning.

53canton
12-30-2011, 04:14 PM

I say this all the time. How does WFAN/1050 have ONE Giants fan (Le Greca) on the air. Everyone else at WFAN is a Jets fan, 1050 is "home of the Jets" so they are Jet slanted.* I have no idea how this is overlooked by both stations.

I think Richard Neer is a Giants fan. As are Francesa and Steve Somers too.

53canton
12-30-2011, 04:18 PM
I hate Cartons guts! And dont tell me Boomer isnt a Jet fan too. He just knows how to act with a live mic in his face. Carton is a little
p-ss-!

Sundown
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
I say this all the time. How does WFAN/1050 have ONE Giants fan (Le Greca) on the air. Everyone else at WFAN is a Jets fan, 1050 is "home of the Jets" so they are Jet slanted.* I have no idea how this is overlooked by both stations.

We need a Giants/Yankees centric sports talk station in NY.* Steinbrenner was supposedly looking into it before he died.* Unacceptable to have all this Mets/Jets talk.*

Living in Dallas i've tried listening to WFAN and can't stand it. You think they'd try to gain U.S. wide audience by having a good mix but damn its the same rant everyday.

JimC
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM

What station????

TrueBlue07
12-30-2011, 06:13 PM

What station????

Channel 88. It's a great football talk station...ross tucker, our man bob "poppa" papa, rich gannon, adam schiene (even adam is good on the radio).

I only have two beefs with the sports radio stations in NY....almost zero hockey talk, and almost zero NYG coverage from any host who actually likes the team. Before the Jets Colts game last year 1050 started the pregame coverage at......830...<font size="5">AM</font>!!! I was pissed because we'd never get that same coverage.

TrueBlue07
12-30-2011, 06:27 PM
forgot to add, if you want to test it out and see if you like it they offer a free 1 week trial, no strings attached

http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial

G-Men Surg.
12-30-2011, 06:50 PM

There you go ! I knew there was something fishy !

JimC
12-30-2011, 07:03 PM

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

What station????

Channel 88. It's a great football talk station...ross tucker, our man bob "poppa" papa, rich gannon, adam schiene (even adam is good on the radio).

I only have two beefs with the sports radio stations in NY....almost zero hockey talk, and almost zero NYG coverage from any host who actually likes the team. Before the Jets Colts game last year 1050 started the pregame coverage at......830...<font size="5">AM</font>!!! I was pissed because we'd never get that same coverage.

Joe Morrison
12-30-2011, 07:21 PM
forgot to add, if you want to test it out and see if you like it they offer a free 1 week trial, no strings attached

http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial
</P>

You can get NFL on your computer, radio and Smart Phone, the games are on the radio and your phone but not on the computer.</P>

All week long the NFL on 88 is all real football, no BS.</P>