PDA

View Full Version : If Kiwi plays well at DE...

Nassib
05-16-2013, 04:44 PM
JPP won't be facing double teams all of the time this year. If we actually have a pass rush, our LB's and secondary will greatly improve. The Giants need to stick to what made them successful, our defensive line. Reese understands that. A defensive line can make up for a weaker LB core and secondary. However, it doesn't work the other way around. A defender can only cover a receiver for so long and a LB can't stop the run if offensive linemen are penetrating to the next level.

EnragedYouth85
05-16-2013, 04:46 PM
they say, games are won in the trenches.. we shall see this year..

egyptian420
05-16-2013, 05:50 PM
they say, games are won in the trenches.. we shall see this year..Which is why I think we had a good off season, that's pretty much all we did. Beefed up the Dline through FA and addressed the OL in the draft.

We're stacked at DT, and if Kiwi/Tuck/Moore can do something half decent opposite of JPP, we should be good. Should...

EnragedYouth85
05-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Which is why I think we had a good off season, that's pretty much all we did. Beefed up the Dline through FA and addressed the OL in the draft.

We're stacked at DT, and if Kiwi/Tuck/Moore can do something half decent opposite of JPP, we should be good. Should...

Yup, I'm pretty excited about this year. I'm honestly most excited to see how Pugh and Moore do.. I'm also pretty excited about Cooper!

slipknottin
05-16-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm writing up a post about this, but the key to the defense is Tuck, not Kiwi

egyptian420
05-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Yup, I'm pretty excited about this year. I'm honestly most excited to see how Pugh and Moore do.. I'm also pretty excited about Cooper!Me too, especially Moore, don't know how on earth we got him in the 3rd round

EnragedYouth85
05-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Me too, especially Moore, don't know how on earth we got him in the 3rd round

If he does better than Kiwi at LB then we will be golden. It's funny we move one LB hybrid back to DE and move a drafted DE to hybrid LB lol

Nassib
05-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm writing up a post about this, but the key to the defense is Tuck, not Kiwi

Whoever plays opposite of JPP needs to step up. Whether it be Tuck, Kiwi or both.

slipknottin
05-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Whoever plays opposite of JPP needs to step up. Whether it be Tuck, Kiwi or both.

Tuck won't really be playing opposite JPP

BlueBlooded1979
05-17-2013, 02:19 AM
JPP needs to step up his game as well. Beating doubles and developing counter moves is critical to the growth of a DE. A lot of top flight DEs produce with nobody on the opposite side to draw attention.

Rat_bastich
05-17-2013, 02:48 AM
JPP needs to step up his game as well. Beating doubles and developing counter moves is critical to the growth of a DE. A lot of top flight DEs produce with nobody on the opposite side to draw attention.

While I agree that you don't necessarily need another top flight defensive end you do need someone in the trenches that can produce and that offenses will respect. I think a lot of people believe that it takes another effective defensive end for the other to be successful, but good defensive tackles are just as important. A good defensive tackle will require as much and if not more attention than a defensive end and could mean the difference of a defensive end getting a free run to the quarterback.

myles2424
05-17-2013, 04:20 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth.....this double team nonsense is a crap excuse, I'm pretty sure Watt,Aldon Smith,Von miller & every other top passrusher faced double teams also