PDA

View Full Version : Empty Roster Spot, could it mean Cruz signs?

giantsfan420
05-17-2013, 12:06 AM
We waived two players today, and added one. We have an available roster spot. Could that be foreshadowing the addition of Cruz or another FA? I have to believe so...

Flip Empty
05-17-2013, 12:14 AM
They've also expressed interest in Tim Hightower and Charles Woodson

giantsfan420
05-17-2013, 01:11 AM
true. freeney also is out there but unlikely...any LB's left?

Drez
05-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Cruz already counts against the roster.

penguinfarmer
05-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Cruz is still on roster. Could be for a FA. Could be that the waived player just didn't cut it.

nycsportzfan
05-17-2013, 08:39 AM
I'd be estatic if we could get Charles Woodson in here.. Woodson, Prince, Brown, Ross, Hosley, Webster, Rolle, Taylor, Mundy, and Hill makes for a really nice mix of youth and veterans, and versatility for the secondary.. Prince and Hosley could learn a ton from Charles Woodson as well..

Flip Empty
05-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Woodson would have to be willing to accept vet min, or close to it.

He's visiting the Raiders so could wind up finishing his career where he started.

RoanokeFan
05-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Woodson would have to be willing to accept vet min, or close to it.

He's visiting the Raiders so could wind up finishing his career where he started.

I think he's not coming here as the Raiders will surely offer him more

Drez
05-17-2013, 08:51 AM
I think he's not coming here as the Raiders will surely offer him moreHowever, Woodson has said he'd like a shot at another ring. Oakland offers him that not.

RoanokeFan
05-17-2013, 08:52 AM
However, Woodson has said he'd like a shot at another ring. Oakland offers him that not.

Maybe he hasn't spent his last dime as so many do and now just wants to win a ring? Novel that would be.

egyptian420
05-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Maybe he hasn't spent his last dime as so many do and now just wants to win a ring? Novel that would be.He did say he wants to be on a contending team on NFLN the other day but Seattle is still in the mix for him.

Toadofsteel
05-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Considering how a camp body gets cut if we get a big name we want to hold on to at this point in the offseason prior to the big roster cuts, I"m not reading too much into this...

Broadway Blue
05-17-2013, 09:29 PM
I'd be estatic if we could get Charles Woodson in here.. Woodson, Prince, Brown, Ross, Hosley, Webster, Rolle, Taylor, Mundy, and Hill makes for a really nice mix of youth and veterans, and versatility for the secondary.. Prince and Hosley could learn a ton from Charles Woodson as well..

The leadership from Woodson would be great to have

nycsportzfan
05-17-2013, 10:32 PM
The leadership from Woodson would be great to have I read somewhere he could have a Sam Madison efffect on this team, or even Deon Grant.. Either way, we've had a good bit of luck sighning older veterans of the secondary, and Woodson is the best of the bunch, so with that track record, i'd certainly love to take a chance on Woodson. Also R.W McQuarters as well was a helpful older vet we signed..

ELI_Iz_God
05-17-2013, 10:38 PM
I think he's not coming here as the Raiders will surely offer him more

I hope he's not planning on going anywhere then. Cuz the raiders aren't going anywhere for like another 4 years

Drez
05-18-2013, 12:35 AM
I hope he's not planning on going anywhere then. Cuz the raiders aren't going anywhere for like another 4 yearsWhy, are they moving to LA?

ELI_Iz_God
05-18-2013, 02:48 AM
Why, are they moving to LA?

not moving..but it's gonna take 4 yrs min before they even want to dream of anything post season releated