PDA

View Full Version : 2013 expectations for the Giants

Roosevelt
05-21-2013, 10:39 AM
There are some seasons when expectations run high, sometimes very high. 1986 was one of those years,, as we had been knocking on the door the previous two seasons - only to get beat (in both years) by the eventual Super Bowl champions.

More recently, 2012 was a year for high expectations. 2012 was the season that would have all the NFL experts talking about a Giants dynasty in the making.

Well, now that reality has set in, what are your expectations for this year? And what do the Giants need to do in order for you to think of this season as a success?

Me? I have no expectations for this team. I imagine us being another 9-7 team this year, although with an easier schedule we certainly can win a few more games.

We have a lot of question marks, including pretty much our entire defense. We have a new kicker, a new tight end, will Andre Brown return to form? Can Wilson block? The list is longer, but you get the point.

So what do you think?

ryan12
05-21-2013, 11:07 AM
i think we will have a great year and make a run at this thing! we addressed some of our needs in the draft and free agency. i think the d line will dominate like in years past which will help lb's and db's. i think we added depth on oline with the addition of pugh herman. love the josh brown pick up tynes was to shakey. assuming cruz plays this year and with a healthy nicks, brown and with wilson getting more touches i think we will have one of the best offense's in the nfl. with a easier schedule i can easly see the giants winning 11-12 games this year.

Rat_bastich
05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
The Giants almost made the play-offs in 2012 with a porous offensive line, an up and down running game and no pass rush. They seemed to have focused on those areas by building up the trenches this off season so I am expecting a good year from them. Maybe a 10-6 or another 9-7 but finishing with some momentum and a play-off appearance. And, we all know once the Giants hit the play-offs they become a whole different team.

gumby74
05-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Same story as every other year except 2008. 9-7. We squeak in the playoffs. But honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if we don't make it either.

penguinfarmer
05-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Giants hoist the Lombardi in their own home. Eli hosts SNL and does the writing himself this time. Dallas sucks. Coughlin continues to slurp the fountain of youth. Drugs somehow get planted in the trunk of CJ Mosley's car. He gets picked at 32.

Screw red font. I'm serious.

Broadway Blue
05-21-2013, 11:35 AM
I think the Giants will get a wild card at least

Stoneroses6300
05-21-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm actually hoping for a 12-4 season. Probably wishful thinking.
The thing that keeps popping in my head when I think of going 12-4 is David Wilson. I think he's a massive X-factor in this teams success.

Rush4Blitz2
05-21-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm actually hoping for a 12-4 season. Probably wishful thinking.
The thing that keeps popping in my head when I think of going 12-4 is David Wilson. I think he's a massive X-factor in this teams success.I agree. Wilson will win 2 or 3 games by himself. I think we can go 10-6 winning the divison and dominate in the playoffs. Our defense will prove to hold up in the season then turn it up in the playoffs.

EliMVP-NYG
05-21-2013, 11:54 AM
There are some seasons when expectations run high, sometimes very high. 1986 was one of those years,, as we had been knocking on the door the previous two seasons - only to get beat (in both years) by the eventual Super Bowl champions.

More recently, 2012 was a year for high expectations. 2012 was the season that would have all the NFL experts talking about a Giants dynasty in the making.

Well, now that reality has set in, what are your expectations for this year? And what do the Giants need to do in order for you to think of this season as a success?

Me? I have no expectations for this team. I imagine us being another 9-7 team this year, although with an easier schedule we certainly can win a few more games.

We have a lot of question marks, including pretty much our entire defense. We have a new kicker, a new tight end, will Andre Brown return to form? Can Wilson block? The list is longer, but you get the point.

So what do you think?

http://thismayconcernyou.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/charlie-brown-rain.jpg

Roosevelt
05-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Skepticism comes with experience, but it's good to see the positive posts. Hopefully you guys are right, but I need to see it on the field.

egyptian420
05-21-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm hoping for the best, no expectations though

egyptian420
05-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Skepticism comes with experience, but it's good to see the positive posts. Hopefully you guys are right, but I need to see it on the field.+1

bigjeep
05-21-2013, 01:11 PM

So what do you think?

Its a slow evolving rebuilding project around Eli! Last year this team just didn't come to play every game. That's on TC!

EliDaMANning
05-21-2013, 04:43 PM
11-5 SB Champs.

Eli Manning 3rd SB MVP.

BigBlueAllDay
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
16-0 & 3-0 in the playoffs with the Superbowl win. Take no prisoners.

TheBookOfEli
05-21-2013, 05:39 PM
I believe our offense is going to be really good next year and has potential to be as good as the 1998 Vikings and 07 Pats. Our Defense should be better and that would be enough to carry us into the playoffs.

I just hope we just make the playoffs. Cause once we do, no team would want to face us, including the almighty 49ers.

joemorrisforprez
05-21-2013, 06:11 PM
I see the Giants at 8-8 or perhaps 9-7.

Once again, Eli will keep them in games.

Once again, the defense will be a rollercoaster, and give up massive gains over the middle......we'll live and die by the turnover.

If they are plus on turnover differential, then 9-7 would be the call.

radar-ray
05-21-2013, 06:22 PM
I see the Giants at 8-8 or perhaps 9-7.

Once again, Eli will keep them in games.

Once again, the defense will be a rollercoaster, and give up massive gains over the middle......we'll live and die by the turnover.

If they are plus on turnover differential, then 9-7 would be the call.
This, except I think 10-6. Fewell =Tim Lewis = Johnny Lynn = 0.

BigBlue wins
05-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Maybe I'm being a wishful fan, but I wouldnt be surprised if we see the giants return to 2008 form where they annihilated basically every team up until week 13. (The browns game was a fluke and it happens oh well)

I'm not saying that I expect that either. I expect the giants to win it all this year. 2008 was the repeat year for us and we waited too long for another similar season where we perform at such a high level. We ran all over the Ravens in THEIR house that year. We beat both Pittsburgh and the Cardinals who played in the Superbowl.

Why do i think this? They upgraded the O-line in Pugh and we can hope Diehl will be outplayed in training camp. Our running game was absolutely sick in 2008.

OX1
05-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Will depends more on our injury luck (or lack of) than anything else.
Every team has injuries, but we seem to get hammered at a position
early and don't really recover the entire season. .

Flip Empty
05-21-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm expecting inconsistency. It's the only thing they do with any consistency.

uther99
05-21-2013, 08:47 PM
10-6 is my guess. The schedule is easier (although thats based on last years finishes), the O-line should be better and D-line better. Excited for more Wilson, a healthy Nicks, and Murphy.

BigBlue1971
05-21-2013, 09:22 PM
i think they will be slightly better say 10-6 range!

i think the defense will be better mainly because of the better d-line! our linebackers...well it is what it is! our secondary can be a lot better but health has to be a minimum! young guys back there along with a lot of experience!

the offense i expect will be a beast but Eli has to be consisent! if Eli throws less than 12 picks i upgrade their record to 11-5.