PDA

View Full Version : It's time for OJomo and Tracey to get some playing time this year

WinterIsComing
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I for one would like to see these guys get reps at DE, they have both seemed to shine in limited action. How can we say we as organization like to develop younger players, when we never give them actual playing time?

RoanokeFan
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I sure hope they get some opportunities

MattMeyerBud
05-21-2013, 01:15 PM
I for one would like to see these guys get reps at DE, they have both seemed to shine in limited action. How can we say we as organization like to develop younger players, when we never give them actual playing time?

its time for them to earn some playing time this year

joemorrisforprez
05-21-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm still baffled that Ojomo was put in deep storage after that terrific preseason.

Mercury
05-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Last year I would have loved to see Ojomo out there to see what he might do with a few opportunities. I was hoping he could replace Dave Tollefson's production as a contributor that would give our stars a breather. He sure didn't get many opportunities.

But it's a whole new year. Osi is gone. We have Kiwi playing DE. We have a 3rd round pick in Moore too. So finding snaps for these guys will likely be harder than ever. We may see them on the inactive list even more than last year. If we see these guys, it would be more likely due to injury. And I hope that doesn't happen.

Imgrate
05-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Ojomo might not even make the team.

MattMeyerBud
05-21-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm still baffled that Ojomo was put in deep storage after that terrific preseason.

he had a hamstring injury that held him out and lingered.... he lsot all momentum he had....

DVision
05-21-2013, 01:29 PM

^^^This says it all. While we've seen their limited preseason action so has the coaching staff. They've also seen them in the classroom and on the practice field!

JPizzack
05-21-2013, 02:01 PM

for emphASSis

ryan12
05-21-2013, 02:03 PM

yes so tired of hearing about ojomo and tracey needing more playing time. go out there and earn it we are deep on dline so dont be suprised if one of them doesnt make the team

Buddy333
05-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Never understood why so many hunk they deserved to play. Based on what?

BigBlue wins
05-21-2013, 02:22 PM
From reading TC's book about his coaching style (i'm not finished yet), Tom Coughlin agrees with you on earning the right to win (through work and preperation). The man pays attention to everything!

GameTime
05-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Only their performance in preseason and practice will determine that...
If they work hard and fit the scheme they will play.....

DownWitJPP
05-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Never understood why so many hunk they deserved to play. Based on what? I'm with ya..I want to see Ojomo go up against some 1st and 2nd stringers before I get excited about him. He played against scrubs last pre-season and everyone acts like he's the next Osi

BlueSanta
05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Look at the roster numbers people. It is very likely that 1 of these 2 players isn't going to make the roster this year unless they can somehow be a LBer

titwio
05-21-2013, 04:07 PM
I wasn't impressed with Ojomo's performance in preseason last year. He had a couple of splash plays but for the most part didn't look that good. There's a vid on youtube somewhere with all his preseason snaps which is worth checking out.

TCHOF
05-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Look at the roster numbers people. It is very likely that 1 of these 2 players isn't going to make the roster this year unless they can somehow be a LBer

Agreed.

TheEnigma
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
I wasn't impressed with Ojomo's performance in preseason last year. He had a couple of splash plays but for the most part didn't look that good. There's a vid on youtube somewhere with all his preseason snaps which is worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GvudiqTQ0

jomo
05-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Never understood why so many hunk they deserved to play. Based on what?Virtually nothing against 1st stringers. It is one thing to say that you are interested to see if they can elevate their game this year against better competition. Beyond that, it is simply wild conjecture based on pretty much nothing.

RoanokeFan
05-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Virtually nothing against 1st stringers. It is one thing to say that you are interested to see if they can elevate their game this year against better competition. Beyond that, it is simply wild conjecture based on pretty much nothing.

And we never see wild conjecture here :popcorn:

TCHOF
05-21-2013, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GvudiqTQ0

The video puts a lot in perspective

TheEnigma
05-21-2013, 09:01 PM
The video puts a lot in perspective

Ojomo - King of 3rd Stringers.

Looks very ordinary on tape to me.

river555
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
first they need to make the team. Tracy hasn't done much in 3 years. Ojomo had all his 'great' performances last preseason in the 4th quarter vs 3rd stringers. he still has a lot to prove

joemorrisforprez
05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Ojomo didn't play in the regular season except the Cleveland game....based on preseason, he looked pretty promising.

Maybe this season he'll actually get a chance, instead of letting our veterans grind down at the end of the year. That D-Line needed a blood transfusion.

SimmsandLT
05-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Ojomo - King of 3rd Stringers.

Looks very ordinary on tape to me.

What other tape do you have? Because if that's ordinary, we could use some more ordinary on our defense. Granted it was against 3rd stringers, but players have to start somewhere and he was an UDFA so I think we should keep things in perspective.

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Ojomo didn't play in the regular season except the Cleveland game....based on preseason, he looked pretty promising.

Maybe this season he'll actually get a chance, instead of letting our veterans grind down at the end of the year. That D-Line needed a blood transfusion.

We'll never know what they have if we don't play them. Last season, I would have preferred they both get some playing time than watch the inexplicably bad performances we suffered through.

Cool Papa B.
05-22-2013, 09:05 AM
The fact that he made the team last year shows that TC & Reese see . He seemed to be making strides until he hurt his hammy. Hopefully he stay healthy this year so that we can see if he can move up.