PDA

View Full Version : Excited about the Prince in 2013

Rush4Blitz2
05-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I can't wait to see how Prince develops in his 3rd season as a Giants corner. Last season he proved that he's in fact a 1st round talent with tons of potential left to be seen. In man coverage he rarely gives up the big play but I would like to see more press coverage from a defensive play call standpoint. I think we have a #1 Corner for years to come if he keeps getting better year to year.

timmytimm3
05-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Agreed! I thought he played well. Hopefully the pass rush gets back into form and they can feed off each other.

giantsfan420
05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
me too. nice post. I've maintained since before we drafted him, that he reminds me of revis moreso than any recent DB. Similar body build, and Prince is amazing at mirroring the WRs. If he can get his mental game up to the level of revis, where he studies his opposing WRs so well, that he knows the routes being run simply by the yardage depth of the first cut or etc...Revis is or was able to combine his amazing mirror skills with an amazing mental approach to the game. Prince can do the mirroring part imho. Gotta see bout the mental, but I expect it to be this, really, his 2nd true yr of playing.

egyptian420
05-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Prince is a beast. You know a DB is great when you never hear his name, he doesn't get picks, he does nothing in fantasy, and he's mostly not mentioned all year.

This is the same for Revis or KP... The guys who make the most plays and highlight reels are usually the ones that get picked on

ryan12
05-21-2013, 01:01 PM
love prince

Carter.525
05-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Prince is gonna have a Pro Bowl year..

egyptian420
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Funny how less than a year ago people were calling him princess because of the injury, saying he's "soft" and that was the reason he was available at #19....Some were even questioning his ethnicity with regards to toughness

I'm glad all of this belligerent nonsensical ignorant garbage has been put to rest

DownWitJPP
05-21-2013, 02:00 PM
prince is gonna be solid, I'm worried about the other side of the field. Hopefully C-Web will regain his form, If not I'm really gonna be mad we didn't take Rhodes in the first

rebelfan1966
05-21-2013, 02:01 PM
I like Prince also.... thought he did a great job at the SB, and that Purple Rain song still rocks.

timmytimm3
05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I like Prince also.... thought he did a great job at the SB, and that Purple Rain song still rocks.

http://steeshes.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/dave-chappelle-prince.jpg?w=584

Eli TO Shockey
05-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Love me some prince. Hopefully JPP is nicer to him this offseason.

J. Tuck Rule
05-21-2013, 02:59 PM
The only thing that worries me about Prince having a great year is, that means, opposing QB's are throwing more to the other side of the field. And we all know what happens when opposing QB's throw to the other side of the field. Long-@ss TD throws over Webster. lol

titwio
05-21-2013, 03:09 PM

Then he took us back into the house and served us pancakes...

Eli TO Shockey
05-21-2013, 03:10 PM
The only thing that worries me about Prince having a great year is, that means, opposing QB's are throwing more to the other side of the field. And we all know what happens when opposing QB's throw to the other side of the field. Long-@ss TD throws over Webster. lol

It happened all year last year. Cweb and Hosley got torn a new one.

Carter.525
05-21-2013, 03:14 PM

shoot the J.. Shoot It!!

J. Tuck Rule
05-21-2013, 03:16 PM
It happened all year last year. Cweb and Hosley got torn a new one.

I'm putting my money into the stock that last year was a fluke for CWEBB and that he will be back to form this season.

Fingers crossed.

timmytimm3
05-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Then he took us back into the house and served us pancakes...

Pancakes.

shoot the J.. Shoot It!!

Good game! (slap). I'm not on your team

Ntegrase96
05-21-2013, 03:23 PM
me too. nice post. I've maintained since before we drafted him, that he reminds me of revis moreso than any recent DB. Similar body build, and Prince is amazing at mirroring the WRs. If he can get his mental game up to the level of revis, where he studies his opposing WRs so well, that he knows the routes being run simply by the yardage depth of the first cut or etc...Revis is or was able to combine his amazing mirror skills with an amazing mental approach to the game. Prince can do the mirroring part imho. Gotta see bout the mental, but I expect it to be this, really, his 2nd true yr of playing.

I'm going to agree with you somewhat. Prince Amukamara has a very, very good skill set. The only reason the Giants were lucky enough for him to fall was because Patrick Peterson's skill set is otherworldly for a CB, or else Prince would have been taken at 5 instead.

He has a similar build to Revis in that he's not tiny and not tall and clunky, but he's got shorter arms and is slower. If he focuses all of his effort he may or may not reach Revis territory, but if he doesn't he's still a top 5 candidate.

He'll have another top 10 like year.

J. Tuck Rule
05-21-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm going to agree with you somewhat. Prince Amukamara has a very, very good skill set. The only reason the Giants were lucky enough for him to fall was because Patrick Peterson's skill set is otherworldly for a CB, or else Prince would have been taken at 5 instead.

He has a similar build to Revis in that he's not tiny and not tall and clunky, but he's got shorter arms and is slower. If he focuses all of his effort he may or may not reach Revis territory, but if he doesn't he's still a top 5 candidate.

He'll have another top 10 like year.

Short arms!!!!!!???????/ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli TO Shockey
05-21-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm putting my money into the stock that last year was a fluke for CWEBB and that he will be back to form this season.

Fingers crossed.

hopefully hes working out with your boy Tuck. We need Cweb at his best next season. Hopefully him being in his contract year will be motivation.

Ntegrase96
05-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Short arms!!!!!!???????/ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I said 'shorter', but for his height, yeah his arms a little on the short side. Doesn't seem to affect him though.

Ntegrase96
05-21-2013, 04:15 PM
I just watched some footage on Prince with the All 22 and just realized the majority of the time they still had him matched up on the No. 2 WR rather than the No. 1. He dominated against 2's so I'll be really interested to see how he does against the 1s. Definitely should be able to hold his own.

giantsfan420
05-21-2013, 04:38 PM

He'll have another top 10 like year.would it surprise u that based on the season before the 1 they would eventually become drafted, that Prince was at that moment the top 5 #1 DB prospect. Only reason it switched the following year imo and why Prince fell is bc his final yr, he had 0 ints. (largely in part bc the yr before he had like 6 ints and was somewhat challeneged, which led to QBs absolutely avoiding him). I think his finaly year, he allowed like 15 receptions, and 6 of them came against that WR the Jags drafted whse name inexplicably escapes me atm.
but yeah, also, that final yr for both, PP displayd an excellence in return game and INT return, which propelled him above Prince. In terms of STRICTLY coverage, imo, PP and Prince are pretty much at the same identical level...PP having ints and return TDs put him over the top. Were both to declare the year before, Prince was going top 5 (he won the nations top DB that yr over PP iirc).

Ntegrase96
05-21-2013, 05:09 PM
would it surprise u that based on the season before the 1 they would eventually become drafted, that Prince was at that moment the top 5 #1 DB prospect. Only reason it switched the following year imo and why Prince fell is bc his final yr, he had 0 ints. (largely in part bc the yr before he had like 6 ints and was somewhat challeneged, which led to QBs absolutely avoiding him). I think his finaly year, he allowed like 15 receptions, and 6 of them came against that WR the Jags drafted whse name inexplicably escapes me atm.
but yeah, also, that final yr for both, PP displayd an excellence in return game and INT return, which propelled him above Prince. In terms of STRICTLY coverage, imo, PP and Prince are pretty much at the same identical level...PP having ints and return TDs put him over the top. Were both to declare the year before, Prince was going top 5 (he won the nations top DB that yr over PP iirc).

Doesn't surprise me at all actually. Living in North Texas I mostly keep up with big XII teams so I was aware how great of a player Amukamara was at Nebraska. Really I had the same impression up until 'draft season' so to speak, when it became obvious pundits were favoring Peterson.

But I also really liked Peterson. I can't remember which year it was but he made Julio Jones a huge non factor when he was in the game until Peterson had to leave the game because of an injury and Julio made them pay.

Looking back I probably would have still taken Peterson over Amukamara just because of his size and athleticism but would have been happy with either.

TheEnigma
05-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Funny how less than a year ago people were calling him princess because of the injury, saying he's "soft" and that was the reason he was available at #19....Some were even questioning his ethnicity with regards to toughness

I'm glad all of this belligerent nonsensical ignorant garbage has been put to rest

He did a great job against Jordy Nelson in the Divisional round in 11 and the fact he played as well as he did in 12 considering he had little game time prior to surprised me.

BigBlue wins
05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
I said 'shorter', but for his height, yeah his arms a little on the short side. Doesn't seem to affect him though.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0suozKrCx1qc21rio1_500.png

egyptian420
05-21-2013, 07:26 PM
He did a great job against Jordy Nelson in the Divisional round in 11 and the fact he played as well as he did in 12 considering he had little game time prior to surprised me.+1

Sovereign
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Price is great. His efforts might be for naught again if Corey starts next to him.

ShakeandBake
05-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Price is great. His efforts might be for naught again if Corey starts next to him.

Hopefully he can bounce back this season. If not having Ross and Hosley behind him isn't so bad.

B&RWarrior
05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Prince is the man, but please no more Revis comparisons.

ironfox
05-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Im not completly sold on Prince yet. He was solid last year but how much of that was beacause Webster was getting thrown at a lot more because of his poor play/injuries? I think Prince is our best CB but not sure how good he is or can be yet.

amukamerica
05-21-2013, 11:21 PM
princes psysicality is underrated, i could easily see him having an antone winfield style career if he can put the injuries behind him.

Sovereign
05-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Im not completly sold on Prince yet. He was solid last year but how much of that was beacause Webster was getting thrown at a lot more because of his poor play/injuries? I think Prince is our best CB but not sure how good he is or can be yet.

Obviously Webster sucking helps but please watch the 2011 playoffs and early 2012 games. The QBs first read is to Prince. Aaron Rodgers especially looked for Nelson to dominate Prince.

Didn't happen.

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Obviously Webster sucking helps but please watch the 2011 playoffs and early 2012 games. The QBs first read is to Prince. Aaron Rodgers especially looked for Nelson to dominate Prince.

Didn't happen.

That was when people wondered if Prince could actually do anything. Of course a QB's first read is going to be to the receiver that he thinks has the best chance to get the ball, at least if the play is designed well...

Thiergow
05-22-2013, 08:21 AM
I can't wait to see how Prince develops in his 3rd season as a Giants corner. Last season he proved that he's in fact a 1st round talent with tons of potential left to be seen. In man coverage he rarely gives up the big play but I would like to see more press coverage from a defensive play call standpoint. I think we have a #1 Corner for years to come if he keeps getting better year to year.
+1

I rewatched recently his targets in 2012 and I really liked what I saw. He will pass C-Web as CB1 during the year if not during the training camp.

rebelfan1966
05-22-2013, 09:07 AM

lol

TheAnalyst
05-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Needs to stay healthy, but I agree. he progressed nicely last year. Im hoping Hosley follows this year, then we will have a pretty solid duo for the long run. CWeb is near the end and Ross and T2 are huge question marks.