PDA

View Full Version : if the price is right..

tcseacliff
05-22-2013, 01:58 AM
he is still available. if the price was right, how bad would he be? would be a great additon for the rookies to learn from.

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkgiants/2013/04/07/former-chicago-bears-lb-brian-urlacher-wants-to-play-for-contender-i

myles2424
05-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Your probably going to catch alot of crap over this thread....but I'd take a healthy urlacher over Connor/rivers/curry

Cool Papa B.
05-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Jaquain Williams-Urlacher-Rivers as our LB core. I can live with that. If the price is right.
(price is right theme music playing in the background).

giantsfan420
05-22-2013, 02:54 AM
urlacher wouldnt be better than any of the current LB's in coverage. he's older now and slower than CB if u can believe it. He's a poor 2 down run stopper compared to the litany of young able players in that role...which is why he isn't signed imho. maybe as reg. season nears a team signs him when an injury to their guy happens, but honestly, even tho we run a form of cover/tampa 2, and BU excelled at that for years, those days are behind him imo bc he's just lost that athletic superiority with age, which is what virtually made him. Now I suppose instinct and experience will help him, but we can do better imo even w/ one of our younger guys.

myles2424
05-22-2013, 07:31 AM
urlacher wouldnt be better than any of the current LB's in coverage. he's older now and slower than CB if u can believe it. He's a poor 2 down run stopper compared to the litany of young able players in that role...which is why he isn't signed imho. maybe as reg. season nears a team signs him when an injury to their guy happens, but honestly, even tho we run a form of cover/tampa 2, and BU excelled at that for years, those days are behind him imo bc he's just lost that athletic superiority with age, which is what virtually made him. Now I suppose instinct and experience will help him, but we can do better imo even w/ one of our younger guys.
If I'm not mistaken he had injury issues all year....

egyptian420
05-22-2013, 07:48 AM
I wouldn't mind it if he came cheap but I wouldn't expect too much from him at this point in his career. A veteran presence at that position can't hurt.

Kruunch
05-22-2013, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't mind it if he came cheap but I wouldn't expect too much from him at this point in his career. A veteran presence at that position can't hurt.

This is about how I see Urlacher at this point in his career.

J. Tuck Rule
05-22-2013, 08:53 AM
If I'm not mistaken he had injury issues all year....

This sums up all of our current LBers.

Buddy333
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Doesn't he want a lot of money though?

egyptian420
05-22-2013, 10:25 AM
This sums up all of our current LBers.lol true

Kruunch
05-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Urlacher is retiring: http://search.espn.go.com/brian-urlacher-retiring/nfl/47

Morehead State
05-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Urlacher is retiring: http://search.espn.go.com/brian-urlacher-retiring/nfl/47
Its a cruel league. So many guys who can still play can't get jobs.
Its all about the new CBA and the reduced cap.

Kruunch
05-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Its a cruel league. So many guys who can still play can't get jobs.
Its all about the new CBA and the reduced cap.

I don't buy that ... Urlacher was offered $2M for a one year contract by the Bears. If he really wanted to play then there you go. He felt slighted by the Bears, didn't get big money offers from anyone else and finally decided that he didn't want to learn a new system at 35.

Morehead State
05-22-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't buy that ... Urlacher was offered $2M for a one year contract by the Bears. If he really wanted to play then there you go. He felt slighted by the Bears, didn't get big money offers from anyone else and finally decided that he didn't want to learn a new system at 35.
Oh I'm sure he thought he could get more. But when the Bears cut ties, there was no going back.
Some of these agents are giving their people some bad advice.
Look at Amhad Bradshaw and Eric Winston. They both thought they would be in high demand I'm sure. They can both play without a doubt. But the cap is making teams go younger. Plus the rookie scale enhances that.
They can go younger and cheaper and certain positions and focus their $$ on the positions that the new rules place a priority on. QB and pass rushers.

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 12:58 PM

Not just the bears... he could probably get somethign near 2 million from a lot of teams. It wouldn't be much of a switch if he somehow came to the Giants because we run the tampa 2 as well... It's just that Urlacher has really declined as of late and he thinks he's worth more than he is.