PDA

View Full Version : Win or Lose

BigBlue2010
12-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Win or lose Sunday, I think we were headed in the right direction.

For me at least, things were at their lowest after the Philadelphia loss. SF & NO made us want a brand new LB corp. and Philly made us want a brand new O-Line. I know we donít invest high draft picks for these positions and I'm certainly among those who believe early draft picks are the best way to build any facet of your team. As much as I wanted to scorn our GM for leaving the proverbial week link on our team, this year I couldnít. I couldnít because I realized even before Petrus first played in the GB game that Jerry had already begun rebuilding these key areas. We have four rookie LBís that have all given us hope at some point in the year. Some only in preseason but hope nonetheless. Of the group, we obviously found something in Williams. One in four isnít a great success but itís certainly something we can start working with moving forward.

Regarding our line, I wanted 5 new starters after the Eagles game; a new center, new guards and new tackles. But the truth is Jerry has already been restocking our line too. We had Petrus waiting at guard, Brewer waiting at tackle and he seemingly just plain whiffed on Baas. To make matters worse in that game, which we didnít find out until afterwards, Snee had food poisoning. Itís looking like Beatty/Petrus/Baas?/Snee/Brewer for next year which is certainly starting to give us ďthe new lineĒ we want.

So without going on, I think we were heading in the right direction. Handcuffed and short of resources, we certainly did what we could to start rebuilding our LBís and give us the running game we need to compliment our passing. We just failed in key areas. Baas blew up in our face, players got older and some injured. I still think there is a difference between failing and not making a valid attempt. Next year we will be stronger and Iím not sure we could say that last year.

If we lose, I wonít feel like itís just another collapse. Some years we started the season blowing weak teams away only to fall like a house of cards to contenders. We didnít do that this year. Even early on we had to fight and claw for each of our games. I remember AZ & Miami and all our comebacks. We fought for four quarters and were given wins for it. I remember Roanoke stressing how much he liked that and I agree 100%. You have to fight in this league. There are fans among us that think we ďgave upĒ or were ďheartlessĒ but I think there is more fight in this team than not. In that end we just had too many weaknesses and setbacks to overcome.

If we win, how great would that be! Sure, the NFC East isnít what it should have been this year but you have to walk before you can run. This season has been a battle. At first we couldnít run or stop the run. Then we couldnít stop the pass; My god, we were so desperate ďTuck back in zone coverageĒ was more regular than not. Then all the player comments which were really just a sign this team wasnít ready to die. If we win we deserve it and it will only make our expectations higher next year.

So Go BLUE, we stand behind you, now beat the hell out of the boys! There is a division title to be handed out in OUR HOUSE!

buddy33
12-30-2011, 05:42 PM
What if they look as flat as they did against Eagles the second time they played them or the second time they played Dallas?

BigBlue2010
12-30-2011, 06:02 PM
What if they look as flat as they did against Eagles the second time they played them or the second time they played Dallas?

I'm not sure what you want me to say but "That would suck!" I don't think we will though. Our line crumbled, our receivers dropped several passes IIRC and our defense was struggling to figure out how to stop short passes. I think both our lines and our LB's are stronger now than they were against Philly.

GameTime
12-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Win or lose I would like to see them play hard all game. No let downs and no slacking. Go down fighting so to speak. I mean this is it......no more football aftr thjis if you lose. Its not time to over think. Its time to play their asses off in a big way. I dont mean be reckless but in game like this you have to take some gutsy chances. If you play hard and fast the big plays happen.

Drez
12-30-2011, 06:23 PM
What if they look as flat as they did against Eagles the second time they played them or the second time they played Dallas?</P>

Always a ray of sunshine, aren't ya?</P>

Tell me this: Does someone break into your house every morning with the sole purpose of pissing in your Cheerios?</P>

Drez
12-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Win or lose I would like to see them play hard all game. No let downs and no slacking. Go down fighting so to speak. I mean this is it......no more football aftr thjis if you lose. Its not time to over think. Its time to play their asses off in a big way. I dont mean be reckless but in game like this you have to take some gutsy chances. If you play hard and fast the big plays happen.</P>

Couldn't have said it better myself, GT.</P>

jomo
12-30-2011, 06:28 PM
What if they look as flat as they did against Eagles the second time they played them or the second time they played Dallas?Take two happy pills and come back next Tuesday! [:D]

GameTime
12-30-2011, 06:37 PM
What if they look as flat as they did against Eagles the second time they played them or the second time they played Dallas?Take two happy pills and come back next Tuesday! [:D]</P>

funny as many times as I have seen them come out flat in big games for some reason I just cant see it vs the Cowboys. I am sure I said the same thing when they played the Skins and Eaglesbut its a different feeling when playing Dallas. </P>

Buddy33 man....I hope they don't. I say they come out and play hard. I think both teams play really hard. Its going to be a test wills and persistence.</P>

Down-lifer
12-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Win or lose I would like to see them play hard all game. No let downs and no slacking. Go down fighting so to speak.* I mean this is it......no more football aftr thjis if you lose. Its not time to over think. Its time to play their asses off in a big way. I dont mean be reckless but in game like this you have to take some gutsy chances. If you play hard and fast the big plays happen.+1 Lets go G-men!

egyptian420
12-30-2011, 06:56 PM
I'll be too crushed if we lose....3 years with no playoff appearance....that just CANNOT happen....I hope we play the game of our lives this sunday night

TrueBlue07
12-30-2011, 07:05 PM
If we lose I will be as mad as hell, but if we lose like we did vs GB I can accept that. We aren't going win the big games every year, and if we did it would make rooting for the team very boring. But if they lose like they did vs Wash, that I cannot accept.

As for JR, he is someone I'll constantly criticize but I love him as our GM and think we are lucky to have him.

FBomb
12-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Let's see if you still feel this way if we lose. Right now, Coughlin's fate is in the hands of who shows up Sunday.

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 07:43 PM
we havent come out flat vs quality opponents, its happened vs teams the giants thought they'd beat bc they were better and thus came out with a lack of intensity and focus.

the only game this season that we didnt match quality opponents was NO and i dont know, i just feel more confident going up against stronger teams then i do against weaker teams. its crazy but it speaks to the mentality of this team, which needs to improve.

i think we win this sunday, and with the quality of competition in the playoffs, i expect the giants to be very competitive. a couple of friends are big time packers fans and they are hoping we lose bc they said they see something in our team they saw last year in theres.

bunch of injuries, up and down season, but eventually turned it on late. i hope we see that with our giants starting sunday night.

if we get in, we're going to be dangerous and no team will want to face us.

buddy33
12-30-2011, 07:48 PM
What if they look as flat as they did against Eagles the second time they played them or the second time they played Dallas?Take two happy pills and come back next Tuesday! [:D]</P>

funny as many times as I have seen them come out flat in big games for some reason I just cant see it vs the Cowboys. I am sure I said the same thing when they played the Skins and Eagles*but its a different feeling when playing Dallas. </P>

Buddy33 man....I hope they don't. I say they come out and play hard. I think both teams play really hard. Its going to be a test wills and persistence.</P>

I hope so.

I only said that because I don't think in that situation you can say win or lose and take something positive from it. The fact remains that if they lose they would be 2-6 in the second half and it would also end their season. Yes, they could lose a hard fought battle and you can repeat that as a fan. Just saying I don't see a corner turned if they lose. Injuries are a big reason why they have struggled, but at the end of the season with the playoffs on the line I hope we see a better team than we have for most I the second half of this season.

GameTime
12-30-2011, 08:24 PM

funny as many times as I have seen them come out flat in big games for some reason I just cant see it vs the Cowboys. I am sure I said the same thing when they played the Skins and Eaglesbut its a different feeling when playing Dallas. </P>

I hope so. I only said that because I don't think in that situation you can say win or lose and take something positive from it. The fact remains that if they lose they would be 2-6 in the second half and it would also end their season. Yes, they could lose a hard fought battle and you can repeat that as a fan. Just saying I don't see a corner turned if they lose. Injuries are a big reason why they have struggled, but at the end of the season with the playoffs on the line I hope we see a better team than we have for most I the second half of this season.</P>

Oh no doubt. I wasnt saying a hard fought loss would be positive but it would lessen the sting and moreso its one less game to complain about this season.....lol, We as fans certainly have more than enough to draw from with poor and flat performances. 3-5 aint all that much better...but I guess I'll take it.....[B]</P>

</P>

Voldamort
12-30-2011, 08:33 PM
just win the game and be the dark horse in the playoffs!!!

BigBlue2010
12-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Let's see if you still feel this way if we lose.* Right now, Coughlin's fate is in the hands of who shows up Sunday.

I'd be really surprised if I feel differently. The Giants season speaks for itself and I don't think this Cowboy game should or will be the basis for evaluating our season. I will grant you though, if you already doubt or dislike Coughlin I can see where a flat performance will make you feel stronger. I guess I'm not looking at things from the perspective of evaluating our coaching staff.

BigBlue2010
12-30-2011, 09:00 PM

funny as many times as I have seen them come out flat in big games for some reason I just cant see it vs the Cowboys. I am sure I said the same thing when they played the Skins and Eagles*but its a different feeling when playing Dallas. </P>

I hope so.

I only said that because I don't think in that situation you can say win or lose and take something positive from it. The fact remains that if they lose they would be 2-6 in the second half and it would also end their season. Yes, they could lose a hard fought battle and you can repeat that as a fan. Just saying I don't see a corner turned if they lose. Injuries are a big reason why they have struggled, but at the end of the season with the playoffs on the line I hope we see a better team than we have for most I the second half of this season.

I don't think I write well enough then. As a whole, I'm disappointed in the season. I'm just saying we got bumped off the right path. We are adding and rebuilding our "trouble spots". I hope we stay dedicated to it though and I trust we will.

Gianthunter
12-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Let's see if you still feel this way if we lose. Right now, Coughlin's fate is in the hands of who shows up Sunday.In your mind.

FBomb
12-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Let's see if you still feel this way if we lose. Right now, Coughlin's fate is in the hands of who shows up Sunday.In your mind.</P>

We shall see</P>