PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Henry Hynoski Suffers Knee Injury, Hakeem Nicks a No Show

NYGFaninILL
05-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Via Ohm Y on twitter. Undisclosed injury

GiantsSB23
05-22-2013, 11:41 AM
I really hope that's not serious, 1st day of OTA...not cool!

luni
05-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I really hope that's not serious, 1st day of OTA...not cool!

here comes the meat wagon

Carter.525
05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
dang :(

Rudyy
05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
And it begins..sigh..

Hope it's nothing serious.

luni
05-22-2013, 11:44 AM
maybe they should put on pads.

GiantsSB23
05-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Do we even have a backup FB?

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Do we even have a backup FB?

Bear Pascoe

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
OTA's are needed for what reason again? What a waste.:mad:

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
maybe they should put on pads.

Can't

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Bear Pascoe

And aren't we glad we do. Hopefully, Hynoski will be fine

GiantsSB23
05-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Oh okay, he can block but he's no hynocerus, so i still hope its not serious....

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh okay, he can block but he's no hynocerus, so i still hope its not serious....

We all hope...

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM

While he's not Hynoski, he did a better than average job when he had to take over for Hedge****

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
While he's not Hynoski, he did a better than average job when he had to take over for Hedge****

For sure. I am so disgusted by this right now. Eliminate these OTA's immediately.

BigBlue wins

We should call him Hedgestar. stupid filter

GiantsSB23
That's true

njg85m
05-22-2013, 11:59 AM

I still giggle at Madison's NSFW last name.

Hopefully the cart was more precautionary then anything else. Henry was the 2nd best FB in the NFC last year IMO, I hope he is OK. Bear does a good job when he needs to fill in but I would not look forward to him being our starter indefinitely.

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 12:13 PM
For sure. I am so disgusted by this right now. Eliminate these OTA's immediately.

If we keep eliminating practices, we may as well just play 20 regular season games.

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 12:16 PM
I still giggle at Madison's NSFW last name.

Hopefully the cart was more precautionary then anything else. Henry was the 2nd best FB in the NFC last year IMO, I hope he is OK. Bear does a good job when he needs to fill in but I would not look forward to him being our starter indefinitely.

I think back to Hixon's first ACL tearing when he was simply running on the new stadium field. You just never know and contact doesn't always play a part.

GameTime
05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
WTF......are ****ing kidding me......?????

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
If we keep eliminating practices, we may as well just play 20 regular season games.

I hear ya but is it necessary for one of the top 2 or 3 Fullbacks in the NFL to participate in this nonsense? Put a scrub in there instead. Plenty of the players who are at OTA's who are supposedly healthy are not participating today and won't for the duration. Your key veteran guys do not need to be out there for this nonsense. It's friggin' May.

ryan12
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
**** cmon already???????????????

egyptian420
05-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Aaaaaaaaand it begins.... If history repeats itself, this is the first of 7-10 injuries before the season starts.... Half of which are usually IR

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 12:22 PM
I hear ya but is it necessary for one of the top 2 or 3 Fullbacks in the NFL to participate in this nonsense? Put a scrub in there instead. Plenty of the players who are at OTA's who are supposedly healthy are not participating today and won't for the duration. Your key veteran guys do not need to be out there for this nonsense. It's friggin' May.

You know, we complain during the season when basic tackles and blocks are missed. The CBA has reduced practices to almost a trickle in terms of contact. How are they supposed to get into "football shape"? No one wants to see injuries, but the other side of the coin is poorly prepared players.

ryan12
05-22-2013, 12:24 PM
You know, we complain during the season when basic tackles and blocks are missed. The CBA has reduced practices to almost a trickle in terms of contact. How are they supposed to get into "football shape"? No one wants to see injuries, but the other side of the coin is poorly prepared players.

good point

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:24 PM

Don't disagree, these OTA's however have no contact btw so these are not for football shape. Imho, it's those who can't tackle and can't block that should practice the most. Hynoski doesn't fall into that category. Mini-camp, yes, training camp, yes, some pre-season action, yes but May OTA's? No friggin' way!

GameTime
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Hynoski's choice.....he's a gamer

Cool Papa B.
05-22-2013, 12:26 PM

I don't think the problem is OTA's. The problem might the the kinds of stretching and conditioning these guys do during the off season. This is no-contact practice. Guys should be streching at least 30-45 minutes before running any kind of drills.

Let's see exactly what he injured. But it sounds like some kind of muscle or tendon.

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Hynoski's choice.....he's a gamer

Coaches should not make decisions on what to do for OTA's based on the whim of a player and how much of a gamer they are.

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't think the problem is OTA's. The problem might the the kinds of stretching and conditioning these guys do during the off season. This is no-contact practice. Guys should be streching at least 30-45 minutes before running any kind of drills.

Let's see exactly what he injured. But it sounds like some kind of muscle or tendon.

Would be best if it is a muscle.

NYGAiG88
05-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Don't disagree, these OTA's however have no contact btw so these are not for football shape. Imho, it's those who can't tackle and can't block that should practice the most. Hynoski doesn't fall into that category. Mini-camp, yes, training camp, yes, some pre-season action, yes but May OTA's? No friggin' way!

So glad you're not the coach..So you wouldn't be so upset if it happened in Mini Camp? Injuries happen..whether its offseason, ota's or mini camp..It's a bummer to see a player go down but sometimes it's unavoidable. And to have people not practice just because it's OTA's because they are talented is an idiotic statement.

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Coaches should not make decisions based on the whim of a player and how much of a gamer they are.

If you aren't going to put your healthy starters on the field what's the point? Nicks, Snee, Baas, TT, and a few others are sitting on the sideliens because they are all coming off injuries. Part of this is to get back to fundamentals which is a necessary part of preparation.

GameTime
05-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Coaches should not make decisions on what to do for OTA's based on the whim of a player and how much of a gamer they are.
Dude....he's a ****ing foootball player!! Thats his job, thats his passion, thats what he is supposed to do. Football is a high risk sport with or without contact....

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
So glad you're not the coach..So you wouldn't be so upset if it happened in Mini Camp? Injuries happen..whether its offseason, ota's or mini camp..It's a bummer to see a player go down but sometimes it's unavoidable. And to have people not practice just because it's OTA's because they are talented is an idiotic statement.

There are certain players that these OTA's are just not necessary for particularly ones that have no depth behind them with no roster spots currently available and are basically the best at their position in the NFL! If it happened in Mini-Camp I'd be less annoyed because yes these guys need to get into shape but now in non-contact OTA's? Totally unnecessary!

ALLnygIN
05-22-2013, 12:34 PM
not even the first day and casulties.. here we freaking go..

GiantFanatic55
05-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Via Ohm Y on twitter. Undisclosed injury

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 4m
Coughlin indicated Hyno's injury was a knee but added that they don't know what extent. Said he'll say a Few prayers.

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Dude....he's a ****ing foootball player!! Thats his job, thats his passion, thats what he is supposed to do. Football is a high risk sport with or without contact....

It's the coaches job to decide what is the best thing for their player regardless if the player is itching to get out there because that's his job and passion. I am overjoyed Hynoski is this dedicated. We all know he is, the coaches know he is, the front office knows he is. His time here has already demonstrated this. Just him offering to be out there is enough to prove the guy's guts, passion and dedication but when the coach knows this guy is the best in the NFL at his position practically you need to be smart and perhaps play it safer with this particular guy than with some one else.

It sounds like it is a knee so you can guarantee he will not see the field for months. All that precious practice time you guys want to see is now eliminated because at a non-contact OTA the best FB in the league wanted to be out there because he's passionate and it's his job.:rolleyes:

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Coughlin indicated Hyno's injury was a knee but added that they don't know what extent. Said he'll say a Few prayers.

Let's hope for the best

B-Red22
05-22-2013, 12:39 PM
And injuries begin what a suprise

GameTime
It's the coaches job to decide what is the best thing for their player regardless if the player is itching to get out there because that's his job and passion. I am overjoyed Hynoski is this dedicated. we all know he is, the coaches know he is, the front office knows he is. Just offering to be out there is enough but when the coach knows this guy is the best in the NFL at his position practically you need to be smart and perhaps play it safer with this particular guy than with some one else.

I hear but dont agree....these guys are paid to play the game of football. He could easily get hurt the first day of camp, first game of the season, etc. Doesnt matter. Injuries happen. Hell he could get hurt in the weight room for that matter. Inuries are part of it.

NYGAiG88
There are certain players that these OTA's are just not necessary for particularly ones that have no depth behind them with no roster spots currently available and are basically the best at their position in the NFL! If it happened in Mini-Camp I'd be less annoyed because yes these guys need to get into shape but now in non-contact OTA's? Totally unnecessary!

Well players want to get better...and the only way that happens is practicing..And if Hynoski injures himself while trying to make himself better, so be it. I would be more worried about players who want to sit out to avoid injury.

NYGAiG88
05-22-2013, 12:41 PM
I hear but dont agree....these guys are paid to play the game of football. He could easily get hurt the first day of camp, first game of the season, etc. Doesnt matter. Injuries happen. Hell he could get hurt in the weight room for that matter. Inuries are part of it.

Exactly my point!!!! So I guess I shouldn't drive my car today because I could get into an accident.

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
OTA's are needed for what reason again? What a waste.:mad:

If players arent in shape for training camp, they'll get injured then.

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Well players want to get better...and the only way that happens is practicing..And if Hynoski injures himself while trying to make himself better, so be it. I would be more worried about players who want to sit out to avoid injury.

Of course the fact that he is showing this level of dedication is reassuring and better than the alternative as you pointed out but that is all the coach should need to see before deciding the safer route would be to acknowledge that this guy is pretty much the best FB in the NFL and can sit as he has no one behind him other than Pascoe who is a TE and no available spots to add anyone right now.

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:45 PM
If players arent in shape for training camp, they'll get injured then.

This particular player doesn't need to partake in non-contact OTA's to be in proper shape for training camp.

ryan12
05-22-2013, 12:45 PM
**** a knee? that doesnt sound good

BlueSanta
05-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Of course the fact that he is showing this level of dedication is reassuring and better than the alternative as you pointed out but that is all the coach should need to see before deciding the safer route would be to acknowledge that this guy is pretty much the best FB in the NFL and can sit as he has no one behind him other than Pascoe who is a TE and no available spots to add anyone right now.

The only reason we would need to add a person is if hyno was seriously injured to the point of the season being in doubt. In that case, he would be IR'd and *poof* just like that we have a roster spot.

Practice is part of the game. Injuries are part of the game. Complaining about practices and injuries is not part of the game.

NYGAiG88
05-22-2013, 12:49 PM

Well then I don't know what to tell you..Stop playing the blame game on who should and shouldn't practice according to skill level, guess our coaches are a bunch of idiots. It's football, injuries happen. It's not the end of the world..move on.

GameTime
05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
This particular player doesn't need to partake in non-contact OTA's to be in proper shape for training camp.
and you know this how????

NYGAiG88
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM

There is no use battling this fight..lol He hasn't presented a valid arguement for anything.

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:56 PM

From what I have heard he's a chiseled beast and works out like a maniac. I can't imagine a few days of non-contact OTA's are going to elevate his physical shape much more.

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 12:59 PM
There is no use battling this fight..lol He hasn't presented a valid arguement for anything.

Wow, really? I stated he has no depth behind him, I have stated he is probably the best at his position in the NFL, I just replied to GameTime that he is known to always be a workout warrior and is in top physical shape with or without OTA's. My argument is his value outweighs the need for him to partake in voluntary OTA's. I am sorry if that hasn't registered with you or that you disagree that this argument is valid.

GameTime
05-22-2013, 01:02 PM
From what I have heard he's a chiseled beast and works out like a maniac. I can't imagine a few days of non-contact OTA's are going to elevate his physical shape much more.

ehh....I dont agree....OTAs are for learning, technique, etc too. Hynoski is a studen of the game and wants to learn and improve all he can. Its football and it happens.....

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
ehh....I dont agree....OTAs are for learning, technique, etc too. Hynoski is a studen of the game and wants to learn and improve all he can. Its football and it happens.....

Fair enough. I just think he is too valuable to risk especially since it sounds like the head coach really wants to run the ball and then run the ball some more. They need this guy big time to accomplish this. End of the day though, it is what it is.

NYGAiG88
05-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Wow, really? I stated he has no depth behind him, I have stated he is probably the best at his position in the NFL, I just replied to GameTime that he is known to always be a workout warrior and is in top physical shape with or without OTA's. My argument is his value outweighs the need for him to partake in voluntary OTA's. I am sorry if that hasn't registered with you or that you disagree that this argument is valid.

So if a guys value outweighs the need to practice...Why is Eli Manning practicing? We have no quality depth behind him..he's our franchise QB...So I guess your right...Maybe he shouldn't practice either!

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 01:31 PM
So if a guys value outweighs the need to practice...Why is Eli Manning practicing? We have no quality depth behind him..he's our franchise QB...So I guess your right...Maybe he shouldn't practice either!

Not a fair comparison. QB's have a lot more to concern themselves with than a FB does and need as much practce time as humanly possible.

giantsfan420
05-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Coughlin indicated Hyno's injury was a knee but added that they don't know what extent. Said he'll say a Few prayers.ffs that sounds terrible

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 01:36 PM
ffs that sounds terrible'
Yes! wtf!!!! he'll say a few prayers!?!?!? what does that mean?!?!?!

ryan12
05-22-2013, 01:37 PM
'
Yes! wtf!!!! he'll say a few prayers!?!?!? what does that mean?!?!?!

a few prayers that bear pascoe isnt our fb this year. if hyno injury is serious that isnt good

giantsfan420
05-22-2013, 01:38 PM
'
Yes! wtf!!!! he'll say a few prayers!?!?!? what does that mean?!?!?!sounds serious unfortunately. hope for the best, prepare for IR

giantscolombia
I know random injuries happen all of the time. I know a person can be walking and rip every single ligament in the knee so dont knock me on this but could some of these injuries be prevented by our trainers? proper stretching, light jog, etc.. seem to be ways to prevent such things from happening. I mean it seems like knees are just freggin' glass for Giants players...

giantsfan420
whats troubling is that Hyno became such a staple to the run game success (when we had some)

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Well, from what has been said it sounds serious... SO.
I hope Hynoski has a speedy and full recovery.

:(

ryan12
05-22-2013, 01:40 PM
whats troubling is that Hyno became such a staple to the run game success (when we had some)

he is a beast of a lead blocker

GameTime
05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
I know random injuries happen all of the time. I know a person can be walking and rip every single ligament in the knee so dont knock me on this but could some of these injuries be prevented by our trainers? proper stretching, light jog, etc.. seem to be ways to prevent such things from happening. I mean it seems like knees are just freggin' glass for Giants players...
not just the Giants my friend and there is just so much you can do with a knee. Dont forget its one of the most stressed joints in the body when in motion. Think of the weight and force that a 260 man puts on it....
Just so much you can do. I am not one to blame trainers and strenght coaches for injuries like this.....actually we dont even know what the injury is yet...

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
not just the Giants my friend and there is just so much you can do with a knee. Dont forget its one of the most stressed joints in the body when in motion. Think of the weight and force that a 260 man puts on it....
Just so much you can do. I am not one to blame trainers and strenght coaches for injuries like this.....actually we dont even know what the injury is yet...

I agree with you completely dude but it just seems like every year our players suffer knee injuries. I guess i shouldnt try to connect the dots when there is no pattern to be found.

Hopefully its just a bruised knee

ryan12
05-22-2013, 01:46 PM
well not to jump the gun here montell owens and ovie mughelli are fa

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 01:49 PM
well not to jump the gun here montell owens and ovie mughelli are fa
lol if worse comes to worse i think Bear will step up to the plate

Harooni
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
he is a toughy will be back

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
haha what is it with our FB's with animal-like names.
Bear
The Hynocerous

FlyingTruck
05-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Here we go Giants here we go!...again.

Giantz4Life
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM
I have the ESPN app on my phone and I get Giants news alerts sent to me. When I heard the ESPN chime I really was thinking it would be "Cruz signs his contract" or something positive. Damn you misplaced premonitions.

Great way to start OTAs!

DownWitJPP
05-22-2013, 02:09 PM
GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan 3m

#Giants ball carrier Andre Brown banged knees with Hynoski's left knee o a run up gut, prompting the FB to go down....On his way for tests.
Retweeted by Patricia Traina

Sovereign
05-22-2013, 02:09 PM
And aren't we glad we do. Hopefully, Hynoski will be fine

No since Bear can't block for crap.

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 02:14 PM
GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan 3m

#Giants ball carrier Andre Brown banged knees with Hynoski's left knee o a run up gut, prompting the FB to go down....On his way for tests.
Retweeted by Patricia Traina
nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Andre Brown you fool!!!!!!!

TuckandRolle
05-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Probably, and hopefully, just a bruise.

threenout
you cannot make this crap up. It's early, hopefully not too serious

ryan12
meh banged knee's "shouldnt" be to serious

RoanokeFan
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/05/giants_henry_hynoski_suffers_a.html

Excerpt: "The Giants were down two wide receivers and a fullback today on their first day of Phrase II – actual practice sessions - of their OTAs.

Fullback Henry Hynoski suffered an apparent knee injury and wide receivers Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz were no-shows at the Timex Performance Center.

Cruz's absence was expected. Nicks' was not.

Hynoski, who has an understated but vital role in the offense, went down on the second play of practice. He took a hand-off from quarterback Eli Manning and went down in a heap in the backfield. There was no contact." Read more...

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 02:16 PM
The photo at least gives some hope as he's sitting up.

GIANTS_FAN_IN_PITT
05-22-2013, 02:18 PM
http://drupal.org/files/images/nooooo.jpg

NOOO!!!

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/05/giants_henry_hynoski_suffers_a.html

Excerpt: "The Giants were down two wide receivers and a fullback today on their first day of Phrase II – actual practice sessions - of their OTAs.

Fullback Henry Hynoski suffered an apparent knee injury and wide receivers Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz were no-shows at the Timex Performance Center.

Cruz's absence was expected. Nicks' was not.

Hynoski, who has an understated but vital role in the offense, went down on the second play of practice. He took a hand-off from quarterback Eli Manning and went down in a heap in the backfield. There was no contact." Read more...

WHERE ON EARTH IS NICKS!!!!!
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!
lol

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 02:23 PM
WHERE ON EARTH IS NICKS!!!!!
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!
lol

V O L U N T A R Y sessions :cool:

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 02:27 PM
TC is not happy about Nicks.

BigBlue wins
05-22-2013, 02:30 PM
meh banged knee's "shouldnt" be to serious

I agree. This has happened before to me with rugby. It happens every so often. If the knee hit squarely on the knee and not the side, he should be okay I think. I wasn't the injured person, so I really dont know. Just saying from experience. Its when twisting of the knee does it become serious.

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 02:30 PM
TC is not happy about Nicks.

Some things don't need to be said :cool:

gmen0820
05-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Andre Brown and Hyno bang knees....

And Hyno is the one who gets hurt? Seriously?

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Given how Nicks injured his foot on day one of training camp last year, I don't blame him... As long as he's working out on his own, I wont mind so much...

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 02:34 PM

While I don't like that Hynoski was out there in the 1st place as I have made overly clear in this thread (no need to rehash all that, lol), I must say I certainly am glad that both guys didn't get hurt and just one of them did.

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 02:35 PM

This makes me hope the injury isn't too serious...

FishinTheSalt
05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/hakeem-nicks-absent-from-giants-otas/

Nicks was a no-show, though, and that left Giants coach Tom Coughlin both unaware of the reason for Nicks’ absence and unhappy about it.

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Some things don't need to be said :cool:

lol. Cant say I blame him. I wonder why Nicks didnt show. All that money being talked about to Cruz must have pressed the jealous/envy button.

Giantz4Life
05-22-2013, 02:38 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1825607/tomflag.gif

FishinTheSalt
05-22-2013, 02:39 PM
I know he's not required to be there, but he should be with the team. Even if he's just on a stationary bike.

gmen0820
05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1825607/tomflag.gifI hope Andre Brown is taking a turn for the better in the health department. He can be a pretty solid player for us if he stays healthy.

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1825607/tomflag.gif

love it. Need to find the GIF of TC yelling at Dodge

Giantz4Life
05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
I hope Andre Brown is taking a turn for the better in the health department. He can be a pretty solid player for us if he stays healthy.

Agreed. You have to like what he showed last season even with our Jekyll and Hyde run game. Him and Wilson can be a nice 1-2 punch ala Jacobs and Bradshaw in their primes.

However, we need Hyno to lead the charge! Pascoe is a serviceable FB, but I always thought his height made it difficult for him to lead block as quicker defenders can outmaneuver him due to his lack of athletic ability.

gmen0820
05-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Agreed. You have to like what he showed last season even with our Jekyll and Hyde run game. Him and Wilson can be a nice 1-2 punch ala Jacobs and Bradshaw in their primes.

However, we need Hyno to lead the charge! Pascoe is a serviceable FB, but I always thought his height made it difficult for him to lead block as quicker defenders can outmaneuver him due to his lack of athletic ability.Hynoski is a monster. Really hope this isn't too serious.

Man, but I'm still so surprised that Brown's knee held up -- over Hyno's nonetheless.

Giantz4Life
05-22-2013, 02:45 PM
love it. Need to find the JIF of TC yelling at Dodge

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf52arLidJ1qgsz39o1_500.gif

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 02:49 PM
They didnt bang knees. The article Roa posted states he went down on his own.... which is terrible news!

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
OUTRAGE!

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 02:53 PM
lol. Cant say I blame him. I wonder why Nicks didnt show. All that money being talked about to Cruz must have pressed the jealous/envy button.

Actually, the more Cruz gets, the better for Nicks if he puts in a full season with great numbers.

TuckandRolle
05-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Actually, the more Cruz gets, the better for Nicks if he puts in a full season with great numbers.

Except for the small fact that if we overpay Cruz we won't be able to afford Nicks. Nicks isn't envious of Cruz, he's smart enough to understand Cruz's numbers go down when he isn't at 100% and will use that as leverage for his contract. Both the Giants and him know he deserves more money than Cruz, I just hope it plays out that way.

For all I know he could just be posturing for a new contract.

devilsadvocate
05-22-2013, 04:20 PM
two conflicting stories now about whether or not there was contact. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for some of the OTA comments... How would any coach decide who should be out there and who shouldn't? Right off the bat you are creating a divided locker room of priviledged players and those that aren't. Injuries can happen any time you can't live your life scared. If this was indeed without any contact, then there may have been an issue brewing already.

JPP=BEASTMODE
05-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Hopefully Nicks stays as far awayas possible until training camp.

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Except for the small fact that if we overpay Cruz we won't be able to afford Nicks. Nicks isn't envious of Cruz, he's smart enough to understand Cruz's numbers go down when he isn't at 100% and will use that as leverage for his contract. Both the Giants and him know he deserves more money than Cruz, I just hope it plays out that way.

For all I know he could just be posturing for a new contract.

That simply isn't true. First off, Reese won't "overpay" for anyone. Second, the CAP situation improves beyond 2013 and Reese signing FAs to one year deals for this season helps that situation. Reese isn't negotiating with Cruz in a vacuum. He knows how far they can go and won't go any farther.

repeatchamps
05-22-2013, 04:30 PM
two conflicting stories now about whether or not there was contact. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for some of the OTA comments... How would any coach decide who should be out there and who shouldn't? Right off the bat you are creating a divided locker room of priviledged players and those that aren't. Injuries can happen any time you can't live your life scared. If this was indeed without any contact, then there may have been an issue brewing already.

It is not hard to do. There are arguments that can be made for not practicing Hynoski in non-contact OTA's. Go back through the thread to see my reasons. No way the locker room will be divided if Hynoski is held out of OTA's. Coughlin is a two-time Super Bowl championship coach and if the locker room divides over something like that then there are a bunch of cry-babies on this team.

tcseacliff
05-22-2013, 04:53 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dasdR?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=new-york-giants

let's hope it is minor. love this guy!

fansince69
05-22-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't suppose it would have been possible to include this topic in the other thread about this same subject?

tcseacliff
05-22-2013, 05:58 PM
I don't suppose it would have been possible to include this topic in the other thread about this same subject?

if I saw the other post i would have. sorry you had to waste your time responding to my useless post ! cpme on man!!

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 07:30 PM
The sad thing is I was going to custom order a #45 jersey that said "Hynocerous" on it...

JJC7301
05-22-2013, 10:53 PM
So injuries starts yet again, this time even earlier than usual. I predict that by the time the season starts, we'll have 7 starters out due to injury with 2 of them being for the entire season.

And at that time when I'm yet again complaining about the inordinate amount of injuries that we have, someone else will invariably say that all teams suffer injuries, and I will reply that, no, no other single team suffers the gargantuan amount of injuries that we suffer year in and year out. The yearly injuries with the Giants, and my moaning and groaning of those injuries, and someone else making the false claim that other teams suffer the same amount of injuries are as assured as death and taxes.

I've never seen another professional sports organization more injury prone than the NY football Giants.

giantsfam04
05-23-2013, 05:07 AM
So injuries starts yet again, this time even earlier than usual. I predict that by the time the season starts, we'll have 7 starters out due to injury with 2 of them being for the entire season.

And at that time when I'm yet again complaining about the inordinate amount of injuries that we have, someone else will invariably say that all teams suffer injuries, and I will reply that, no, no other single team suffers the gargantuan amount of injuries that we suffer year in and year out. The yearly injuries with the Giants, and my moaning and groaning of those injuries, and someone else making the false claim that other teams suffer the same amount of injuries are as assured as death and taxes.

I've never seen another professional sports organization more injury prone than the NY football Giants.

Fans of San Diego and San Fran would disagree with you