PDA

View Full Version : Prince Shines in OTA's. Webster burnt toast

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 02:54 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6135
(http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6135)

In 2011, the Giants took cornerback Prince Amukamara in the first round thinking he could one day replace Terrell Thomas or Corey Webster in the secondary. Two years and two Terrell Thomas knee surgeries later, it appears Prince is poised to be the man in the secondary.

Today he was noticeably the better cover-corner on the first team, as Webster got burned deep several times, including a 50 yard touchdown strike from Eli Manning to Louis Murphy.

It was a different story when Manning tried to go deep on Amukamara’s side, as the third-year product of Nebraska was able to break up a go-route in single coverage intended for Jerrel Jernigan. Amukamara did not let Jernigan get any separation on the route and if it were not for some friendly shoving and jostling, Amukamara would have likely come down with an interception.

read more..

BigBlue wins
05-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Webster hopefully will not repeat 2012. God I hope not....

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 02:56 PM

not a good start. Looks like last years trend will continue.

ELI_HOF_NYG
05-22-2013, 02:58 PM

well if the front 7 can generate pressure on the QB this season it should alleviate a lot of the pressure on the secondary.

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
well if the front 7 can generate pressure on the QB this season it should alleviate a lot of the pressure on the secondary.

Yea lets hope. Either way Cweb is going to get picked on and torn apart all season long.

ELI_HOF_NYG
05-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Yea lets hope. Either way Cweb is going to get picked on and torn apart all season long.

very true,,,cweb needs to put on his big boy pants this season, there is a good CB somewhere in there.

J. Tuck Rule
05-22-2013, 03:01 PM

And if they can't, we better hope to offense can put up a lot of points.

ny06
05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Good for Prince, as for Webster are we really surprised? He's a year older folks its not like the fountain of youth is in his back yard.
I expect opposing teams to constantly go after Webster all season long, so either the Giants will have to keep a deep safety at all times to help Webster out.
Get ready for "we could of had Xavier Rhodes" threads this season.

ryan12
05-22-2013, 03:06 PM
now everyone knows why i tourched webster this offseason he is a bum.

nhpgiantsfan
05-22-2013, 03:08 PM
enter Aaron Ross..

ryan12
05-22-2013, 03:10 PM
enter Aaron Ross..

should be
prince
hosley
ross
webter
tt

drewz
05-22-2013, 03:14 PM
enter Aaron Ross..

Enter 2nd slice of burnt toast

Buddy333
05-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Ross was not that good the last time he played here and was cut by the Jaguars after just one season. This is a huge concern. The DL better play a lot better or they will have a big problem this season. Don't forget they don't have KP any more.

TheEnigma
05-22-2013, 03:16 PM

Prince is really the only CB that has shown us anything so far. Hosley has the tools but we will have to see how he grows from his 1st, shaky season.

talbot
05-22-2013, 03:19 PM
We should put JPP at cornerback

GameTime
05-22-2013, 03:22 PM
eehh....OTAs....
time will tell...

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
05-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Im happy for Prince...I just know we cant have another year outta Webster like last year.

myles2424
05-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Good for Prince, as for Webster are we really surprised? He's a year older folks its not like the fountain of youth is in his back yard.
I expect opposing teams to constantly go after Webster all season long, so either the Giants will have to keep a deep safety at all times to help Webster out.
Ill personally start multiple "we could of had ___" threads....CB was the most aolid position in the draft & we didn't take a single one....kind of confusing, its not like we didn't know webster was going to continue his garbage from 2012

JPP=BEASTMODE
05-22-2013, 04:23 PM
We should put JPP at cornerback+1

JesseJames
05-22-2013, 04:31 PM
right now it looks like Cwebb is picking up right where he left off last year and if things don't improve the team will be very sorry they passed on a top quality CB in the draft, but its still early yet for Webby to turn things around...

fizzlesticks
05-22-2013, 04:34 PM
should be
prince
hosley
ross
webter
tt

hosley was worse than webster last yeaer

ryan12
05-22-2013, 04:35 PM
hosley was worse than webster last yeaer

no way

BlueBlooded1979
05-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Ross was not that good the last time he played here and was cut by the Jaguars after just one season. This is a huge concern. The DL better play a lot better or they will have a big problem this season. Don't forget they don't have KP any more.

The last time that Ross played for the Giants was in the Superbowl and he had an excellent game. The entire year was up and down for him but he showed up when it counted most.

jonnyhaze
05-22-2013, 04:54 PM
No surprise that c-webb cannot run with Louis Murphy. Especially at OTA's where the WR knows he wont get hit. Webster is at the point in his career where he shouldnt be covering WRs that can fly.

Buddy333
05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Ross did play well in the post season but was not good the entire regular season.

Gmen2005
05-22-2013, 05:11 PM
It's the first OTAs, I'm not concerned yet.

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 05:59 PM
I hope that the coaching staff has legitimate competition for the CB spots. Prince will likely win out the #1 spot, and the least burnt of the 4 pieces of burnt toast (webster, ross, tt, hosley) will get the 2nd spot.

Either way, not too happy about that...

ShakeandBake
05-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Ill personally start multiple "we could of had ___" threads....CB was the most aolid position in the draft & we didn't take a single one....kind of confusing, its not like we didn't know webster was going to continue his garbage from 2012

Yeah I don't get it either, I hope Hosley emerges because we really could use the help.....

ShakeandBake
05-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I hope that the coaching staff has legitimate competition for the CB spots. Prince will likely win out the #1 spot, and the least burnt of the 4 pieces of burnt toast (webster, ross, tt, hosley) will get the 2nd spot.

Either way, not too happy about that...

I thought TT was moved to safety? If he wasn't he needs to be because after both of the knee surgeries I don't expect him too be able to move too fast....

ironfox
05-22-2013, 06:08 PM
yay more of the same form webster

Stoneroses6300
05-22-2013, 06:30 PM
enter Aaron Ross..

enter Aaron Rouse

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 06:32 PM
enter Aaron Rouse

lol! keep that man as far away from timex as possible.

ShakeandBake
05-22-2013, 06:33 PM
enter Aaron Rouse

I hear Justin Tryon is still unsigned.

giantsfan420
05-22-2013, 06:38 PM
wow. overreaction knee jerk much? 1rst OTA and Webster is def. gonna be garbage bc Louis Murphy got behind him?

ShakeandBake
05-22-2013, 06:39 PM
wow. overreaction knee jerk much? 1rst OTA and Webster is def. gonna be garbage bc Louis Murphy got behind him?

He won't be complete garbage but he does have trouble against fast guys on fade/fly type routes.

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 06:40 PM

Webster is going to be garbage because he has been garbage and is continuing his garbageness here at OTA's.

Stoneroses6300
05-22-2013, 06:41 PM
lol! keep that man as far away from timex as possible.

per his wikipedia:

"Rouse continued with the UFL for the 2011 season, joining the Virginia Destroyers for the 2011 season. A highlight of Rouse's time with the Destroyers was the 2011 UFL Championship Game, in which Rouse recorded three interceptions en route to a 17-3 win; Rouse was designated the game MVP."

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 06:44 PM
per his wikipedia:

"Rouse continued with the UFL for the 2011 season, joining the Virginia Destroyers for the 2011 season. A highlight of Rouse's time with the Destroyers was the 2011 UFL Championship Game, in which Rouse recorded three interceptions en route to a 17-3 win; Rouse was designated the game MVP."

3 INT's?!?! That man is clutch! Didnt the UFL crash and burn?

giantsfan420
05-22-2013, 06:52 PM
He won't be complete garbage but he does have trouble against fast guys on fade/fly type routes.eh, i wouldnt say that was the issue last yr as he was routinely in position when he conceded most those types of pass plays (aside from the blown coverages). His issue was locating the ball and making a play on it. he'd be on the wr's hip most the time, ex vs the ravens. he was actually in great position each time, he just failed to locate the ball and get his hands up...he did have a broken hand remember, maybe that had something to do with it.
he was def. garbage last yr and could very well prove to be this yr as well, dunno why anyone would feel secure in making the claim now though...

Eli TO Shockey
05-22-2013, 06:55 PM
eh, i wouldnt say that was the issue last yr as he was routinely in position when he conceded most those types of pass plays (aside from the blown coverages). His issue was locating the ball and making a play on it. he'd be on the wr's hip most the time, ex vs the ravens. he was actually in great position each time, he just failed to locate the ball and get his hands up...he did have a broken hand remember, maybe that had something to do with it.
he was def. garbage last yr and could very well prove to be this yr as well, dunno why anyone would feel secure in making the claim now though...

im rooting for him and I like Cweb, I just dont know if he has much left in the tank. Today was just an example of what he did all year long last year. Why should anyone assume otherwise?

Toadofsteel
05-22-2013, 07:27 PM
I thought TT was moved to safety? If he wasn't he needs to be because after both of the knee surgeries I don't expect him too be able to move too fast....

If that's the case, he likely doesn't make the roster. There's a lot more competition at Safety depth (Hill, Taylor, Mundy, Sash) than at CB depth (Ross, Hosley, Frederick)

NWKEffectElement
05-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Webster is done. Nothing personal, just time to move on.

PRGiant
05-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Not surprise with either and no, Ross is not the anwser...

Sovereign
05-23-2013, 01:19 AM

I'll start. We could've had freaking Xavier Rhodes.

Captain Chaos
05-23-2013, 02:46 AM

Ugh!!!!!!!!

BMW
05-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Webster is a pathetic excuse for a player, only the giants can keep playing him.

Diamondring
05-23-2013, 07:54 AM
And if they can't, we better hope to offense can put up a lot of points.Yeah Giants need to get that GWAT Football going.

slipknottin
05-23-2013, 08:15 AM

Then every time they play off man Rhodes could get burnt too! Yippie!

BlueBlitzer
05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm pretty sure that Tom will let this thing play out this summer. If C-Web continues to reincarnate Himself as Elvis Patterson. Then come roster cuts, He will become Toast.

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
This pretty much sums everything I was thinking!
Webster should have taken a bigger pay-cut...
OMG!!! THE X-Man and Prince!!!!! WOW!!!!

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 09:06 AM
now everyone knows why i tourched webster this offseason he is a bum.
Sums up Corey Webster last season and it looks like this season as well. smh

ryan12
05-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Sums up Corey Webster last season and it looks like this season as well. smh

its unfortunate but its true

TheAnalyst
05-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Webster regressed back to his pre2007 playoff form... He may be done. Hosley needs to step up as well.