PDA

View Full Version : Giants' OTA # 1 Practice Report

RoanokeFan
05-22-2013, 05:47 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6142

Excerpt: "The Giants opened up Phase III of their offseason program, the organized team activities (OTAs), today at the Timex Performance Center.

And we all know what that means, so let me stop right here before I get into the highlights and lowlights.

Offense get to work against defense, but this time of year, teams don’t have their complete offenses and defenses. For example, offensive linemen David Baas and Chris Snee, both of whom are recovering from offseason procedures, were sidelined. Guys were rotating in and out of the lineup on their respective units and to say that the communication on plays was choppy would be an understatement.

So what I’m getting at here is don’t get too worked up over what you’re about to read. Seriously, the only thing to come out today that bears ANY kind of hand-wringing is the knee injury suffered by fullback Henry Hynoski, who had to be carted off the field after he collided with teammate Andre Brown on the second play of the group work.

As I write this, Hynoski was undergoing an MRI. I’m not going to speculate what happened with him but injuries are the one thing you never want to see in these light-contact drills.

Concerned about receiver Hakeem Nicks’ absence today? Don’t be. Nicks is under contract and while he’s believed to be in town – he was honored last night at a United Way gala – these practices are VOLUNTARY.

Sure it would be great to have everyone in and participating, as head coach Tom Coughlin will tell you. But just as there were players who were rehabbing and unable to participate, Nicks was absent for the first day.

Point is let’s see if he continues to be absent before we get all worked up about today. Like I said, the injury to Hynoski is a greater concern right now, pending his visit with the doctor, which was ongoing when I wrote this." Read more...

gumby74
05-22-2013, 06:02 PM
I have high hopes for Randle this year.

TheShouldersOf
05-22-2013, 06:30 PM
what was Brown doing when they ran into each other?

surprised Brown didn't break something too

giantscolombia
05-22-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm surprised Curry is still alive.