PDA

View Full Version : Barden is coming home!!

Carter.525
05-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Giants re-signed WR Ramses Barden.
Barden found no suitors on the open market, so he comes crawling back to the team he expected to move on from. The 2009 third-round pick went off for nine catches and 138 yards in a Week 3 Thursday night game at Carolina last year, but has still totaled just 29 catches for 394 yards and no touchdowns in the NFL. Barden won't push the exciting Rueben Randle for No. 3 wideout duties.

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Kruunch
05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh cool ... was afraid the bench might get cold with him gone.

Carter.525
05-23-2013, 01:32 PM
I could really see him pushing for that 6th WR spot.. :cool:

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 01:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9305204/ramses-barden-re-signed-new-york-giants

"Excerpt: "The New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) re-signed wide receiver Ramses Barden (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12555/ramses-barden) on Thursday.

Barden was the team's third-round draft pick in 2009 and returns to add depth at wideout. The 6-foot-6 Barden was at the team's facility on Thursday for voluntary OTA workouts.

"I'm happy to be back," Barden said in a statement from the team. "This is where I wanted to be and now I'm here. I was out there listening to the calls, getting back into the rhythm of the cadence, enjoying the camaraderie and absorbing everything. I remember everything, I've had four years to soak it all up. I'm happy to be back on the field. I feel great. I expect the best."

The Giants can use another receiver. Victor Cruz (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13553/victor-cruz) has not attended OTAs this week as he continues to negotiate a long-term contract extension. Hakeem Nicks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12586/hakeem-nicks) also missed Wednesday's session as well, and sources did not expect him to be in attendance Thursday." Read more...

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 01:35 PM
This is the Giants warning Nicks

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 01:38 PM
DUDE! hahaha this could start a war in here...

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 01:38 PM
DUDE! hahaha this could start a war in here...

No way :rolleyes:

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 01:39 PM
I have a feeling this is going to be a funny thread!
I can't believe Barden said no to the Burger King "Kings" to come back to the Giants.

Carter.525
05-23-2013, 01:41 PM
well at least he's a good special teams player

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 01:42 PM
His height is going to be an assett in the red zone...

YATittle1962
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
thank god......I was wondering who was going to be our red zone threat

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 01:44 PM
I have a feeling this is going to be a funny thread!
I can't believe Barden said no to the Burger King "Kings" to come back to the Giants.

LMAO

Kruunch

Yeah he's a red zone threat ... for offensive pass interference.

RoanokeFan

Joe Skiba has been practcing

YATittle1962
05-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Yeah he's a red zone threat ... for offensive pass interference.

what are you talking about he is 6' 6" ...throw him a fade in the endzone.

he has been doing it since '09 .....oh wait.......

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 01:47 PM
what are you talking about he is 6' 6" ...throw him a fade in the endzone.

he has been doing it since '09 .....oh wait.......

You are on a roll today YA

YATittle1962
05-23-2013, 01:49 PM
You are on a roll today YA

since he was drafted I have been saying on here that this kid is just not an NFL caliber receiver

and my stance holds strong

nice tall camp body we have here

timmytimm3
05-23-2013, 01:50 PM
With his length he could be a hell of a lead blocker.

Carter.525
05-23-2013, 01:53 PM
who else do we have that can high five the other WRs coming back to the side lines like Barden can??

YATittle1962
05-23-2013, 01:53 PM
who else do we have that can high five the other WRs coming back to the side lines like Barden can??

...in street clothes

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
since he was drafted I have been saying on here that this kid is just not an NFL caliber receiver

We let him go after his rookie contract was up, he went through FA untouched and here we are. Nicks has to be on thin ice :popcorn:

repeatchamps
05-23-2013, 02:00 PM
We let him go after his rookie contract was up, he went through FA untouched and here we are. Nicks has to be on thin ice :popcorn:

From the very article you posted:

"While Nicks is entering the final year of his deal, his absence reportedly is not contract-related."

Not certain the Barden re-signing means Nicks is on thin ice. Also, Jason Cole looks like a totally imbecile right now lol.

gmen46
05-23-2013, 02:02 PM

Not Nicks. Jernigan ;)

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Here is the question of the hour:

WHO IS WORSE? JERNIGAN OR BARDEN?

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 02:06 PM
From the very article you posted:

"While Nicks is entering the final year of his deal, his absence reportedly is not contract-related."

Not certain the Barden re-signing means Nicks is on thin ice. Also, Jason Cole looks like a totally imbecile right now lol.

I was being sarcastic about Barden/Nicks

fansince69
05-23-2013, 02:07 PM

WHO IS WORSE? JERNIGAN OR BARDEN?So you want to compare a guy who is heading into his 2nd training camp to a guy who begged to come back because no one else wanted him?.....you guys kill me

Carter.525
05-23-2013, 02:08 PM

WHO IS WORSE? JERNIGAN OR BARDEN?

I rather have Jernigan, atleast he plays special teams

slipknottin
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM
So you want to compare a guy who is heading into his 2nd training camp to a guy who begged to come back because no one else wanted him?.....you guys kill me

Lol

repeatchamps
05-23-2013, 02:11 PM
I was being sarcastic about Barden/Nicks

Lol, I know just playing around. I more wanted to point out that Jason Cole now looks like a complete fool, lol.

TheAnalyst
05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
I like Barden, unlike most of you here. He probably has the most reliable hands out of all of our WRs. He snatches everything thrown his way. The problem with him is he cant get the seperation. But if we have Nicks and Cruz and Myers and Randle, Barden is a great vet behind them. Im glad we resigned him, even though we never use him in the red zone like we should. Instead we would rather throw to a triple covered Nicks cause he has big hands.

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Lol, I know just playing around. I more wanted to point out that Jason Cole now looks like a complete fool, lol.

I'm wondering what his username is here? :p

TheAnalyst
05-23-2013, 02:22 PM
I rather have Jernigan, atleast he plays special teams

Jernigan is here anyway so, depth is always good.

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 02:24 PM
So you want to compare a guy who is heading into his 2nd training camp to a guy who begged to come back because no one else wanted him?.....you guys kill me
Why not?

fansince69
05-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Why not?The fact that you don't understand the difference is what kills me...

C1010
05-23-2013, 02:33 PM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Shockeystays08
05-23-2013, 02:51 PM

+1

myles2424
05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
His height is going to be an assett in the red zone...
We finally got that Legit Threat in the end zone that we've missed dearly after Plax....

Barden back = Home field advantage 2014 superbowl....

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 03:05 PM
BARDEN IS TALL, THEREFORE SUPERBOWL.

myles2424
05-23-2013, 03:07 PM
I like Barden, unlike most of you here. He probably has the most reliable hands out of all of our WRs. He snatches everything thrown his way. The problem with him is he cant get the seperation. But if we have Nicks and Cruz and Myers and Randle, Barden is a great vet behind them. Im glad we resigned him, even though we never use him in the red zone like we should. Instead we would rather throw to a triple covered Nicks cause he has big hands.
uuhh wich one of his 394 yards & zero TDs in 4 seasons leads you to believe he has the most reliable hands out of all our WRs & is a great vet??? Im confused....

fansince69
05-23-2013, 03:07 PM
BARDEN IS TALL, THEREFORE SUPERBOWL.maybe he can hold a flashlight over the field in event of a power outage

King Sully
05-23-2013, 03:10 PM
The problem is that Barden's arms are too long...

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 03:14 PM

Can Pugh run routes?

B-Red22
05-23-2013, 03:23 PM

Haha ya Nicks is shaking in his boots now lol

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 03:24 PM
maybe he can hold a flashlight over the field in event of a power outagelol, he would juggle the flashlight and then drop it.

fansince69
05-23-2013, 03:25 PM
lol, he would juggle the flashlight and then drop it.But he is tall.....as long as he dropped it on a fade pattern

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
The fact that you don't understand the difference is what kills me...
Did my post attempt to compare how long each player has been here and what their production has been?
It simply stated, who would you rather have X or Y?

sort of like: What would you rather have: Cereal or steak?
I really don't think I need to go into full detail about how long cereal has been around in comparison to steak or at what time of day my question would apply to...

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Gosh! what's with the Giants and guys with weird arm lengths?
lol

keyofgmen
05-23-2013, 03:29 PM
He is so tall and his arms are so long...he can personally put folks in their seats in the upper levels, thus bypassing forever taking escalators. WOOOO!

Kruunch
05-23-2013, 03:33 PM

We should give him a stack of pancakes and let him play OT.

slipknottin
05-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Did my post attempt to compare how long each player has been here and what their production has been?
It simply stated, who would you rather have X or Y?

sort of like: What would you rather have: Cereal or steak?
I really don't think I need to go into full detail about how long cereal has been around in comparison to steak or at what time of day my question would apply to...

Your comparison would make sense... If you had cereal some 500 times, and steak twice. Because we got to see Barden for a long time. Jernigan has not been around long

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Your comparison would make sense... If you had cereal some 500 times, and steak twice. Because we got to see Barden for a long time. Jernigan has not been around long

Is this a back door tall comparison? lol

TheAnalyst
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Haha ya Nicks is shaking in his boots now lol

He better be carefull then, he doesnt want to break anything...

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 03:50 PM
The name of this thread makes me chuckle.

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 03:58 PM
I wonder if the TIMEX Performance Center was festooned with yellow ribbons?

Flip Empty
05-23-2013, 04:11 PM
May as well bring Beckum back to replace Pascoe at TE

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 04:14 PM
May as well bring Beckum back to replace Pascoe at TE

Sadist

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Sadist
Brandon Jacobs?

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Brandon Jacobs?

Sinorice Moss?

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Sinorice Moss?
Touche... haha nvm I think you won.
I wonder what he is up to. Living off of his brother's money...

DownWitJPP
05-23-2013, 04:23 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3t4g66.jpg

repeatchamps
05-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Sinorice Moss?

Tim Carter? Jamaar Taylor? SS12? David Tyree? Flea Harrell? Michael "the gold grill" Jennings? Ron Dixon? Daryl Jones? Thomas Lewis? Omar Douglas? Lawrence Dawsey? Brian Alford? David Patten? Mike Sherrard? Stacey "I dropped a catchable hail mary against the Jets to keep us out of the 1988 playoffs" Robinson? Odessa Turner? Joe Jurevicius? Ed McCaffrey?

:D

jomo
05-23-2013, 05:21 PM
thank god......I was wondering who was going to be our red zone threatlol

Other than the obvious which is that there was NO interest for him out there AND he was no better than decent for us................don't #5 WR have to contribute on special teams and didn't he prove he can't do that last year?

If he is being brought back as camp fodder and cheap insurance against Nick and/or Cruz losing their minds I can understand that. He knows our system and will allow Eli/Carr/Nassib to get reps with competant receivers.

That said, if we bed down the big 2 and avoid injuries in camp I see no way that this guy can find a spot on our roster.

YATittle1962
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
break out year !!!!!

jomo
05-23-2013, 05:27 PM
break out year !!!!!LMAO

radar-ray
05-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Murphy/Jernigan - 4/5 tossup, Barden - 6.

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Tim Carter? Jamaar Taylor? SS12? David Tyree? Flea Harrell? Michael "the gold grill" Jennings? Ron Dixon? Daryl Jones? Thomas Lewis? Omar Douglas? Lawrence Dawsey? Brian Alford? David Patten? Mike Sherrard? Stacey "I dropped a catchable hail mary against the Jets to keep us out of the 1988 playoffs" Robinson? Odessa Turner? Joe Jurevicius? Ed McCaffrey?

:D

You're not trying to one-up him are you?

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 05:40 PM
lol

Other than the obvious which is that there was NO interest for him out there AND he was no better than decent for us................don't #5 WR have to contribute on special teams and didn't he prove he can't do that last year?

If he is being brought back as camp fodder and cheap insurance against Nick and/or Cruz losing their minds I can understand that. He knows our system and will allow Eli/Carr/Nassib to get reps with competant receivers.

That said, if we bed down the big 2 and avoid injuries in camp I see no way that this guy can find a spot on our roster.

If Jernigan has a good camp, Ramses may be relegated to "protection" duties

giantsforce
05-23-2013, 07:15 PM

nice tall camp body we have hereI guess Reese must know something we do not. But then again, he hang on to Sinorice Moss for an eternity so I view this as Reece's contribution to charity.

jomo
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
I guess Reese must know something we do not. But then again, he hang on to Sinorice Moss for an eternity so I view this as Reece's contribution to charity.Once again, thanks for the easy set up on this. With Barden, we get 2X the size for the price of one Sinorice. Bam!

GoDeep80
05-23-2013, 07:24 PM
I find it funny how we always down talk Barden and other receivers (excluding Moss) because their not the next Calvin Johnson, yet whenever they see significant playing time they tend to produce good numbers. Apparently it's easy as pie to beat out Nicks and Cruz then huh? Come on guys we probably have the deepest receiver talent in the NFL. I mean Coughlin could scout them in his sleep. Barden is a pretty good player and I honestly don't think coming back to the Giants was the greatest career choice he could have made. Guess FO charm is working.

jomo
05-23-2013, 07:54 PM
I find it funny how we always down talk Barden and other receivers (excluding Moss) because their not the next Calvin Johnson, yet whenever they see significant playing time they tend to produce good numbers. Apparently it's easy as pie to beat out Nicks and Cruz then huh? Come on guys we probably have the deepest receiver talent in the NFL. I mean Coughlin could scout them in his sleep. Barden is a pretty good player and I honestly don't think coming back to the Giants was the greatest career choice he could have made. Guess FO charm is working.What we think of a receiver is really immaterial. Barden, found no interest from the rest of the league as he made the rounds. That doesn't happen with "pretty good players" and THAT is material.

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 07:55 PM
I find it funny how we always down talk Barden and other receivers (excluding Moss) because their not the next Calvin Johnson, yet whenever they see significant playing time they tend to produce good numbers. Apparently it's easy as pie to beat out Nicks and Cruz then huh? Come on guys we probably have the deepest receiver talent in the NFL. I mean Coughlin could scout them in his sleep. Barden is a pretty good player and I honestly don't think coming back to the Giants was the greatest career choice he could have made. Guess FO charm is working.

Barden was hanging in the breeze in terms of his "career" choices. Exactly what numbers over their Giants careers are we talking about for Moss and Barden?

jomo
05-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Barden was hanging in the breeze in terms of his "career" choices. Exactly what numbers over their Giants careers are we talking about for Moss and Barden?Let me reiterrate. What we think of a receiver is really immaterial. Barden, found no interest from the rest of the league as he made the rounds. That doesn't happen with "pretty good players" and THAT is material.

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Let me reiterrate. What we think of a receiver is really immaterial. Barden, found no interest from the rest of the league as he made the rounds. That doesn't happen with "pretty good players" and THAT is material.

I know I've heard that before, but where? :confused:

jomo
05-23-2013, 08:03 PM
I know I've heard that before, but where? :confused::p

GoDeep80
05-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Barden was hanging in the breeze in terms of his "career" choices. Exactly what numbers over their Giants careers are we talking about for Moss and Barden?Any game he say significant playing time. Panthers game 2012- 9 catches 138 yards. Which is the only game he started and saw more than 20 snaps. And Jets and Panthers showed interest in him which are actually two places I would say are not better than staying with the Giants.

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 08:11 PM
:p

You should remember the oldie "My Boyfriend's Back"

Barden is back and we're gonna be sorry
Hey La, Day La, tall Barden's back.

You see him comin and you kn ow we're in trouble
Hey La, Day La, tall Barden's back

He's been spreading lies that he's a receiver

So look out now cause he's really on the team

jomo
05-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Any game he say significant playing time. Panthers game 2012- 9 catches 138 yards. Which is the only game he started and saw more than 20 snaps. And Jets and Panthers showed interest in him which are actually two places I would say are not better than staying with the Giants.And neither of those teams opened their checkbook. What conclusion can we draw from that? Clearly it wasn't a cap busting salary he was looking for so the only conclusion I can draw is that no one saw value, at any price in signing him................except the Giants who can use him in camp to keep things moving along until Cruz and Nicks are bed down. He knows the play book and the coaches and the QB and therefore is useful training camp fodder.

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Any game he say significant playing time. Panthers game 2012- 9 catches 138 yards. Which is the only game he started and saw more than 20 snaps. And Jets and Panthers showed interest in him which are actually two places I would say are not better than staying with the Giants.

When you say the only game he started you left out in 4 years

jomo
05-23-2013, 08:14 PM

He's on the team but only for the moment,
Hey La, Day La, Barden's back.

Nicely done RF!

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 08:15 PM
He's on the team but only for the moment,
Hey La, Day La, Barden's back.

Nicely done RF!

Great addition, thanks

BigBlueAllDay
05-23-2013, 08:25 PM

He's coming home, He's coming home.
Tell the world he's coming home.
Let the rain wash away, all the bench time of yesterday.
His playing time awaits and hope TC plays him for his sake.

jomo
05-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Tell the world he's coming home...............and what tune do we sing that to? C'mon, this is the American Idol thread :D

repeatchamps
05-24-2013, 09:27 AM
You're not trying to one-up him are you?

Lol, no just wanted him to know while I am not as old as he is (this is not possible for any here as he is so ancient, he knew Moses personally, lol) I can still to an extent share in his pain a little bit as far as WR busts go when it comes to the Giants at least for the last 25 years or so.

repeatchamps
05-24-2013, 09:30 AM
..............and what tune do we sing that to? C'mon, this is the American Idol thread :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0__SAjjmYM&feature=player_embedded

https://www.amwx.us/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

Redeyejedi
05-24-2013, 10:02 AM

I agree didnt like the pick when it was made.

darrin99
05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
I agree didnt like the pick when it was made.

Some people were looking at his Youtube highlights thinking we drafted the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Some people were looking at his Youtube highlights thinking we drafted the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.If I remember correctly...most thought he would be a replacement for Plax because he was tall

darrin99
05-24-2013, 11:13 AM
If I remember correctly...most thought he would be a replacement for Plax because he was tall

That too. ...People compared him to Rice because he dominated at a small college.

giantscolombia
05-24-2013, 11:38 AM
That too. ...People compared him to Rice because he dominated at a small college.
LMAO noooo way!!! seriously?

giantscolombia
05-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Lol, no just wanted him to know while I am not as old as he is (this is not possible for any here as he is so ancient, he knew Moses personally, lol) I can still to an extent share in his pain a little bit as far as WR busts go when it comes to the Giants at least for the last 25 years or so.

HAHAHAHA I had no idea Roa was that old...

Cool dude none the less.

repeatchamps
05-24-2013, 11:56 AM
HAHAHAHA I had no idea Roa was that old...

Cool dude none the less.

Lol yes he is, but for sure Methuselah has nothing on Roanoke lol.

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Roanoke predates dirt.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Roanoke predates dirt.so glad hes older than I am ....I am same age as dirt

RoanokeFan
05-24-2013, 12:39 PM

The good old days, Me and Mo, nothing could stop us!

RoanokeFan
05-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Roanoke predates dirt.

And what a better place it was then.

giantscolombia
05-24-2013, 03:04 PM
The good old days, Me and Mo, nothing could stop us!
Hahahhaha "Mo"

pino
05-24-2013, 03:08 PM
I was wondering when we were going to replace Plaxico. Awesome pick up. I hope he's better than that last 6'7" dude we dropped.

Wait....

darrin99
05-24-2013, 04:53 PM
LMAO noooo way!!! seriously?
Oh yeah. He was gonna be a star once he got up to NFL speed, and people posted countless YouTube videos to prove it! lol

miked1958
05-24-2013, 05:59 PM
His height is going to be an assett in the red zone...we have been saying that about him since we drafted him in 09. We have never used him once in that capacity... Not sure why but we haven't

radar-ray
05-24-2013, 06:05 PM
we have been saying that about him since we drafted him in 09. We have never used him once in that capacity... Not sure why but we haven't This 100%! I think as a 5/6 he's a good fit for this team.

jomo
05-24-2013, 06:18 PM
we have been saying that about him since we drafted him in 09. We have never used him once in that capacity... Not sure why but we haven'tI think giantscolumbia was being sarcastic just as yatittle was earlier. Not sure though.

giantsforce
05-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Once again, thanks for the easy set up on this. With Barden, we get 2X the size for the price of one Sinorice. Bam!So Reese gets credit for 2X the amount of Charity he can write off.

jomo
05-24-2013, 06:40 PM
So Reese gets credit for 2X the amount of Charity he can write off.Well, we're talking a veteran's minimum contract so it is a bit of a stretch to say it's 2X anything.

Flip Empty
05-24-2013, 06:52 PM
we have been saying that about him since we drafted him in 09. We have never used him once in that capacity... Not sure why but we haven't
Eli fired one at him in the Panthers game, didn't he?

jomo
05-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Eli fired one at him in the Panthers game, didn't he?He may have but the problem with Barden is that he is the least physical tall receiver I have ever seen and so putting up the jump ball is just not going to work. We actually have a better shot at throwing the low and inside slant since he has pretty good hands...................but there again his lack of physicality makes it difficult for him to to get off DB hand checks at the line.

Flip Empty
05-24-2013, 07:14 PM
He may have but the problem with Barden is that he is the least physical tall receiver I have ever seen and so putting up the jump ball is just not going to work. We actually have a better shot at throwing the low and inside slant since he has pretty good hands...................but there again his lack of physicality makes it difficult for him to to get off DB hand checks at the line.
But he's tall!!

ShakeandBake
05-24-2013, 07:18 PM
are we going to pickup Anthony Mix too?

giantsfan420
05-24-2013, 07:38 PM
He may have but the problem with Barden is that he is the least physical tall receiver I have ever seen and so putting up the jump ball is just not going to work. We actually have a better shot at throwing the low and inside slant since he has pretty good hands...................but there again his lack of physicality makes it difficult for him to to get off DB hand checks at the line.edit-misread. u said his hands r good. if anything, like 99% of bardens receptions were of the physical, outmuscle the DB variety. I can list off the top of my head several instances; 1 @ NE when eli threw a pretty terrible pass in double coverage that barden literally like stole from the DB. 1 vs Dallas, even this past yr, the L @ philly, before the PI play, he had a reception on a deep go that he pretty much outmuscled the DB to create a window that he ended up diving to make the grab.

and even off the LOS, where he does have issues, he showed improvement imo at least last yr. he showed he at least learned how to slap the arms away by keeping his elevated by his chest, saw him do that a bunch of times vs press coverage.

jomo
05-24-2013, 08:15 PM
edit-misread. u said his hands r good. if anything, like 99% of bardens receptions were of the physical, outmuscle the DB variety. I can list off the top of my head several instances; 1 @ NE when eli threw a pretty terrible pass in double coverage that barden literally like stole from the DB. 1 vs Dallas, even this past yr, the L @ philly, before the PI play, he had a reception on a deep go that he pretty much outmuscled the DB to create a window that he ended up diving to make the grab.

and even off the LOS, where he does have issues, he showed improvement imo at least last yr. he showed he at least learned how to slap the arms away by keeping his elevated by his chest, saw him do that a bunch of times vs press coverage.OK I get it, you think he has Jerry Rice like qualities. lol

What then is keeping all the other GM's in the league from offerring him not a plug nickle for all of his considerable skills? Remember, he doesn't suffer some dillusion about what he is worth. He was not holding out for big money. He was simply holding out for ANY money. It is not possible that they could all be missing what you see in him so........................there must be a conspiracy.

uther99
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Only reason he has to outmuscle DBs is Barden can't get separation

giantsfan420
05-24-2013, 09:27 PM
OK I get it, you think he has Jerry Rice like qualities. lol

What then is keeping all the other GM's in the league from offerring him not a plug nickle for all of his considerable skills? Remember, he doesn't suffer some dillusion about what he is worth. He was not holding out for big money. He was simply holding out for ANY money. It is not possible that they could all be missing what you see in him so........................there must be a conspiracy.i addressed that particular logical fallacy in another thread i think. basically, that reason is so flawed bc of the # of players 31 teams passed on with 1 team reaping the benefits. Cruz for petes sake. James Harrison was cut by Pitt like 4 diff times and no other team signed him...I could prob go on and on. Point being, its not so much what the other 31 teams are doing, its what the NYG are doing. they are more educated on barden than any other team, and guess what, they saw fit to re-sign him.

i def. dont think he has rice like qualities. u just were kinda inaccurate. he is actually a very physical WR, just not as much on the LOS. a majority of his catches have been of the outmuscle, and steal the ball from the DB (outside of the Carolina game).

We have 2, now 3 really starting caliber WRs. Is barden as good as nicks, cruz, or even RR? no. does that mean he sucks? well, i think he has at the least demonstrated that if given the shot, he can get the job done and well, not suck.

we get it, he hasnt been instant gratification for you, so he sucks and doesnt deserve a roster spot. well, the giants have disagreed with ur premise for what, 5, now 6 years? maybe, your just wrong on ur assessment of him?>

giantsfan420
05-24-2013, 09:30 PM
the NYG arent UNICEF last I checked. theyre actually one of the most successful franchises of late. doubt they got that way by giving charity contracts and roster spots. if bardens on the team, its bc the NYG feel he can help the team out. and, he's proven to do just that. while he hasnt gotten many chances, the few he has gotten, he's contributed. so...whats the issue?

giantsfan420
05-24-2013, 09:31 PM
also, wasnt last yr his first yr removed from that whole ankle injury? maybe the FO thought he could attain a higher level of play the more distance from the injury.

jomo
05-24-2013, 09:33 PM
i addressed that particular logical fallacy in another thread i think. basically, that reason is so flawed bc of the # of players 31 teams passed on with 1 team reaping the benefits. Cruz for petes sake. James Harrison was cut by Pitt like 4 diff times and no other team signed him...I could prob go on and on. Point being, its not so much what the other 31 teams are doing, its what the NYG are doing. they are more educated on barden than any other team, and guess what, they saw fit to re-sign him.

i def. dont think he has rice like qualities. u just were kinda inaccurate. he is actually a very physical WR, just not as much on the LOS. a majority of his catches have been of the outmuscle, and steal the ball from the DB (outside of the Carolina game).

We have 2, now 3 really starting caliber WRs. Is barden as good as nicks, cruz, or even RR? no. does that mean he sucks? well, i think he has at the least demonstrated that if given the shot, he can get the job done and well, not suck.

we get it, he hasnt been instant gratification for you, so he sucks and doesnt deserve a roster spot. well, the giants have disagreed with ur premise for what, 5, now 6 years? maybe, your just wrong on ur assessment of him?>I'll take this one piece at a atime to see if it leads anywhere useful. (I have my doubts)

The Cruz argument makes no sense whatsoever and I explained that earlier. The fact that he was passed over as a rookie coming out of a D1AA program has nothing whatsoever to do with a guy who is an unrestricted free agent with 4 years of NFL experience. Do you disagree with that?

Rudyy
05-24-2013, 09:34 PM
I don't have a problem with Barden here. He's getting paid what he is worth. Unfortunately, I don't think he will be the player we all hoped. I also wouldn't be surprised if he never played another game with us on Sundays.

jomo
05-24-2013, 09:38 PM
I don't have a problem with Barden here. He's getting paid what he is worth. Unfortunately, I don't think he will be the player we all hoped. I also wouldn't be surprised if he never played another game with us on Sundays.Ya think? lol

He is training camp fodder and pure insurance to help the Giants get through their drills in case Cruz and or Nick hold out. He was a safe and easy choice in that regard since he knows the QB, the coaches and the system. That means we can get our quarterback in shape with guys who at least run the right routes while we wait for #1 and 2 to return. Since the guy doesn't have the stones to play on ST (demoted twice last year) there will be no games for him short of injuries and we all pray that won't happen.

NYGfanSTRICK
05-24-2013, 09:44 PM

I like it haha!

You could also go with something like

Warn the league, He's coming home
Let the rain wash away, all the tears from lack of play
He knows his "kingdom" awaits, where he sits and never plays
He's coming home, He's coming home
Warn the league, He's coming home

Rudyy
05-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Ya think? lolHe is training camp fodder and pure insurance to help the Giants get through their drills in case Cruz and or Nick hold out. He was a safe and easy choice in that regard since he knows the QB, the coaches and the system. That means we can get our quarterback in shape with guys who at least run the right routes while we wait for #1 and 2 to return. Since the guy doesn't have the stones to play on ST (demoted twice last year) there will be no games for him short of injuries and we all pray that won't happen.Just wanted to reassure the posters who think he can of a sudden be a spark on offense lol.

jomo
05-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Just wanted to reassure the posters who think he can of a sudden be a spark on offense lol.Hey, the guy is just pursuing his dream. I respect that and wish him well. Who knows what really happens when he gets to camp........injuries etc. Still, if everyone is healthy and in camp he is no better than #5 on our depth chart and #5s who can't play ST don't suit on Sunday.

Rudyy
05-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Hey, the guy is just pursuing his dream. I respect that and wish him well. Who knows what really happens when he gets to camp........injuries etc. Still, if everyone is healthy and in camp he is no better than #5 on our depth chart and #5s who can't play ST don't suit on Sunday.Barden is a nice guy. Like I said, I have no problem with him on the team. I just don't expect anything from him.

GameTime
05-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Barden is a nice guy. Like I said, I have no problem with him on the team. I just don't expect anything from him.
Exactly. They resigned him so why woudl he say no??
I have lost most hope for him but he is getting another opportunity.....

giantscolombia
05-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Barden is a nice guy. Like I said, I have no problem with him on the team. I just don't expect anything from him.
I think this is the problem with all of us... when a guy signs with our team we expect them to be monsters! I mean IMO Barden will never be the player we expect.

titwio
05-26-2013, 07:49 PM
A new Barden Highlight vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTHSEMDPQA0
....we're not worthy.

giantsfan420
05-26-2013, 09:43 PM
A new Barden Highlight vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTHSEMDPQA0
....we're not worthy.ppl act like he doesnt have aspects of his game that can be built upon and that r actually impressive.

giantsfan420
05-26-2013, 09:51 PM
i can see why the kept him around. he amost always snags the ball out of the air and not body catch it, he displayed toughness and a physicality to win a 50/50, and he seems like he wants it bad...just need to put it all together, and win at the LOS

titwio
05-26-2013, 09:55 PM
ppl act like he doesnt have aspects of his game that can be built upon and that r actually impressive.

I like him and always root for him....he has things about him that are boneheaded though. Just check the David Wilson reception where he's already blocking the defender down field...it's things like that, that make people question him.