PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Jacquian Williams Still Recovering From PCL Injury

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/23/new-york-giants-jacquian-williams-still-recovering-from-pcl-injury/

Excerpt: "In 2011, Jacquian Williams (http://www.giants101.com/tag/jacquian-williams/) was able to make a positive impact on theNew York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) defense and, eventually, won a starting job. But in 2012, he suffered an injury to his PCL — the posterior cruciate ligament — which is one of the four major ligaments in the knee. It was severe enough of an injury in which it caused him to sit out six games and only start in three at outside linebacker for the team.

As the Giants' organized team activities (OTA's) began on Wednesday, the 23-year-old linebacker sat out of the practice as he is still recovering from the injury.

"Just kind of taking my time with it," Williams said. "It is a day to day thing. It is getting better. Definitely better than it was. That’s all."

Many expect Williams to be a starter at outside linebacker in 2013, but the Giants are taking no chances in case any setbacks happen. The team re-signed Keith Rivers (http://www.giants101.com/tag/keith-rivers/) to a one-year deal, signed former first-round pick Aaron Curry (http://www.giants101.com/tag/aaron-curry/) earlier this month and also have undrafted free agent Etinne Sabino taking snaps with the second-team defense." Read more...

Kruunch
05-23-2013, 03:36 PM
His PCL is STILL bothering him from last year?!

Toadofsteel
05-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Isn't paysinger rolling with team 1 right now?

TheAnalyst
05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh lord..... Who cares?!?! We dont need linebackers anyway...

Guess Ogletree would look real nice right about now, especially since he has looked like a beast with the Rams

giantscolombia
05-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Woah! it's been a long time... he's still rehabbing?

he must have torn it completely off or something.

Buddy333
05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Now that doesn't sound to good.

GiantsFan27
05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Isn't paysinger rolling with team 1 right now?

best sig i've ever seen on this forum lol

hadenough
05-23-2013, 04:36 PM
His PCL is STILL bothering him from last year?!

His injury has been a mystery. They never talked about his injury last year...all of a sudden guy couldn't play for months. Something isn't good

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 04:37 PM
His injury has been a mystery. They never talked about his injury last year...all of a sudden guy couldn't play for months. Something isn't good

Apparently something is his knee :rolleyes:

TCHOF
05-23-2013, 04:54 PM
His knee injury is definitely concerning . . . . no surgery but he is still having problems from last season? Weird

jomo
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Apparently something is his knee :rolleyes:Wasn't it a hammy originally or am I just showing senility?

RoanokeFan
05-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Wasn't it a hammy originally or am I just showing senility?

I did think it was a hamstring but now it's his PCL. Perhaps compensating for the hamstring resulted in the knee issue?

jomo
05-23-2013, 07:22 PM
I did think it was a hamstring but now it's his PCL. Perhaps compensating for the hamstring resulted in the knee issue?I am trying to look for the silver lining here. Can you help a brother out?

Rat_bastich
05-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I thought it said PSL injury. I think everyone is recovering from a PSL injury that owns one.

jomo
05-23-2013, 08:46 PM
I thought it said PSL injury. I think everyone is recovering from a PSL injury that owns one.............yes, I am 3 years into my recovery.

drewz
05-23-2013, 09:19 PM
LOL

It fits right in with our linebackers theme

"Talented, if they can ****ing stay healthy"

giantsfam04
05-24-2013, 04:32 AM
Oh lord..... Who cares?!?! We dont need linebackers anyway...

Guess Ogletree would look real nice right about now, especially since he has looked like a beast with the Rams

Looks like a beast in shorts during one OTA, jumping the gun a little huh

fansince69
05-24-2013, 06:07 AM
No one on these message boards ever jumps the gun...what are you talking about?

Captain Chaos
05-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Everyone recovers at different rates, I prefer the don't rush him method right now. I would rather him take his time and be ready for camp and the season.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 06:45 AM
Everyone recovers at different rates, I prefer the don't rush him method right now. I would rather him take his time and be ready for camp and the season.this

DarkSaint
05-24-2013, 07:05 AM
PCL injuries are 100 times worse than acl injuries. He probably requires surgery, but because of a lack of experienced surgeons for this surgery, they are just giving him therapy. This is not good for JWill's long term nfl career. One bad hit or a chop block and he could dislocate his knee and end his career on the spot.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 07:08 AM
PCL injuries are 100 times worse than acl injuries. He probably requires surgery, but because of a lack of experienced surgeons for this surgery, they are just giving him therapy. This is not good for JWill's long term nfl career. One bad hit or a chop block and he could dislocate his knee and end his career on the spot.not a doctor...but you play one on tv?

ALLnygIN
05-24-2013, 07:24 AM
It's easier to name players on the defense without knee issues. At any rate, that sucks considering he's probably the best we have to offer at the LB position besides rivers who also can't stay healthy. Screw it.. no linebackers this year, I don't want to see one player line up at the linebacking position this year.

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 07:53 AM
PCL injuries are 100 times worse than acl injuries. He probably requires surgery, but because of a lack of experienced surgeons for this surgery, they are just giving him therapy. This is not good for JWill's long term nfl career. One bad hit or a chop block and he could dislocate his knee and end his career on the spot.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00420

PCLs aren't usually hard to recover from except in the most extreme cases and are virtually never worse than an ACL. The PCL is one of the most protected areas on a football player (knee pads providing direct protection).

PCL surgeries aren't any more complex than ACLs (afaik) and in sports aren't generally seen as taking more time to recover from than an ACL (about half the time to get back to full speed).

If I were playing armchair doctor, I'd say there are two scenarios here:

1) A partial tear that didn't *require* surgery but would probably be advised in a professional athlete. JWill went the route of non-surgery and the partial tear isn't healing (which means we'll lose JWill at some point this season).

2) A degenerative disorder in the ligament and/or bone that will eventually end his career.

Caveat: I'm not a doctor and this is a very speculative guess.

Redeyejedi
05-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Not good , I wonder if putting all that weight on him was the best idea.Its frustrating because if there was an option of surgery this could of been cleaned up now its likely he will be dealing with it all season and making him useless.
Its to bad he really had a very good rookie season. People seem to minimize his contributions on that Super Bowl team

Redeyejedi
05-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Looks like a beast in shorts during one OTA, jumping the gun a little huhHis problem is stacking and shedding something they arent doing. Im sure he looks fantastic without dealing with Lineman thats where he struggled

DarkSaint
05-24-2013, 09:07 AM
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00420PCLs aren't usually hard to recover from except in the most extreme cases and are virtually never worse than an ACL. The PCL is one of the most protected areas on a football player (knee pads providing direct protection).PCL surgeries aren't any more complex than ACLs (afaik) and in sports aren't generally seen as taking more time to recover from than an ACL (about half the time to get back to full speed).If I were playing armchair doctor, I'd say there are two scenarios here:1) A partial tear that didn't *require* surgery but would probably be advised in a professional athlete. JWill went the route of non-surgery and the partial tear isn't healing (which means we'll lose JWill at some point this season).2) A degenerative disorder in the ligament and/or bone that will eventually end his career.Caveat: I'm not a doctor and this is a very speculative guess.I'm not a doctor either nor tryihg to be an armchair doctor, but Im speaking from experience. I'll admit that I don't know the severity of the injury it may just be a minor strain and not a tear. But if that was the case he shouldn't be experiencing this a year later. Like you said pcl are in a protected area of the knee and are rarely injured and that's one reason doctors don't have a lot of experience with them and because of its placement it's harder to operate on. 20-25 years ago acl injuries were career impacting, now because of progresses made by doctors AP was able to return in less than a year. On the flip side Rose from chi is still out.

DarkSaint
05-24-2013, 09:16 AM
not a doctor...but you play one on tv? no, but I do know that your home aide is coming up to change your diapers.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 09:25 AM
no, but I do know that your home aide is coming up to change your diapers.smiles....best you can do? very relevant too

CowboysSuck
05-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Ogletree would be a dream right now. A man can dream...

DarkSaint
05-24-2013, 09:56 AM
smiles....best you can do? very relevant too. Excuse me, do I know you? Trust me you don't want to tread down this road.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 10:15 AM
. Excuse me, do I know you? Trust me you don't want to tread down this road.lmao..ok my apologies....just a warning...be careful...pretty easy to be given a vacation

DarkSaint
05-24-2013, 10:26 AM
lmao..ok my apologies....just a warning...be careful...pretty easy to be given a vacation. I usually reserve my colorful language for people deserving of it like morehead state. But I never instigate, it's usually in response to his futile attempts to be funny at my expense. Oh we'll it is what it is.

TCHOF
05-24-2013, 10:31 AM
. Excuse me, do I know you? Trust me you don't want to tread down this road.

lol . . .. please

Morehead State
05-24-2013, 10:36 AM
lmao..ok my apologies....just a warning...be careful...pretty easy to be given a vacation
I've blocked him so I don't know what he said but I can guess.

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Not good , I wonder if putting all that weight on him was the best idea.Its frustrating because if there was an option of surgery this could of been cleaned up now its likely he will be dealing with it all season and making him useless.
Its to bad he really had a very good rookie season. People seem to minimize his contributions on that Super Bowl team

He was the difference maker in the NFC championship.

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 10:42 AM
I've blocked him so I don't know what he said but I can guess.

He said he looks up to you and admires all of the quality thoughts you express on these boards.

I'm paraphrasing of course.

Morehead State
05-24-2013, 10:46 AM
He said he looks up to you and admires all of the quality thoughts you express on these boards.

I'm paraphrasing of course.
I feel a lot better now. I love it when things become so life affirming.

May I ask just how many liberties you took with the paraphrasing?

fansince69
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM

I'm paraphrasing of course.yeah it went something like that

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 10:50 AM
I feel a lot better now. I love it when things become so life affirming.

May I ask just how many liberties you took with the paraphrasing?

No more than the CIA did with their reports of WMDs in Iraq.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 10:50 AM
yeah it went something like thatI will say that in his reply he did mention you by name ...so there is that

darrin99
05-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Looks like a beast in shorts during one OTA, jumping the gun a little huh

lmao. I'd say perhaps just a little. ;)

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 10:52 AM
I will say that in his reply he did mention you by name ...so there is that

Oh ... I thought he was propositioning you.

Morehead and all.

DarkSaint
05-24-2013, 10:54 AM
lol . . .. please

And you are? LoL@ you. Not with you, but @you.@MoreHead - yeah right!! If you did, its probably because the mods must of told you to stop whining.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Oh ... I thought he was propositioning you.

Morehead and all.No wonder I can't find a date to the prom...all those propositions go over my head

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
No wonder I can't find a date to the prom...all those propositions go over my head

Probably would help if you got off your knees then ;)

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
And you are? LoL@ you. Not with you, but @you.@MoreHead - yeah right!! If you did, its probably because the mods must of told you to stop whining.

Not sure if encrypted message meant for North Korean spies .... ? :confused:

Morehead State
05-24-2013, 11:01 AM
I will say that in his reply he did mention you by name ...so there is that
Its kind of like a girl I knew who used to drive by my house at night when we were in high school. Its creepy....but still a little flattering.

fansince69
05-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Not sure if encrypted message meant for North Korean spies .... ? :confused:phew...for a minute I thought I had lost my ability to read english

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Its kind of like a girl I knew who used to drive by my house at night when we were in high school. Its creepy....but still a little flattering.

Your universe is an interesting place my friend.

Morehead State
05-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Your universe is an interesting place my friend.
As Claus Von Bulow once said....."You have no idea".

giantscolombia
05-24-2013, 11:41 AM
woah! haha super creepy but I can see the flattering side...

TCHOF
05-24-2013, 06:31 PM

I am unable to decipher this.

Morehead State
05-24-2013, 06:41 PM
I am unable to decipher this.
Its OK.....no one is.

jomo
05-24-2013, 06:41 PM
I am unable to decipher this.Didn't you graduate high school?

Rudyy
05-24-2013, 06:43 PM
I finally took the time to look through this thread, and I just want to say one thing..

LOL.

jomo
05-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I finally took the time to look through this thread, and I just want to say one thing..

LOL.From such a humble beginning to this! One never knows where life's twists and turns will end up.

Rudyy
05-24-2013, 06:47 PM
From such a humble beginning to this! One never knows where life's twists and turns will end up.Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

To stay on topic, when did he tear his PCL again?

jomo
05-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

To stay on topic, when did he tear his PCL again?I am still confused about that one (no jokes please) and I don't think we ever nailed it down. I thought he was suffering from a hammy during all that missed time last year. Then a PCL and no surgery and 4 months later he's not coming along very well........................excuse me for being concerned. Can anyone bring some clarity to when the PCL injury occurred?

ShakeandBake
05-24-2013, 07:01 PM
I am still confused about that one (no jokes please) and I don't think we ever nailed it down. I thought he was suffering from a hammy during all that missed time last year. Then a PCL and no surgery and 4 months later he's not coming along very well........................excuse me for being concerned. Can anyone bring some clarity to when the PCL injury occurred?

It happened last year vs San Fran
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/17/3517330/giants-injury-news-jacquian-williams-likely-out-sunday

Rudyy
05-24-2013, 07:04 PM
I am still confused about that one (no jokes please) and I don't think we ever nailed it down. I thought he was suffering from a hammy during all that missed time last year. Then a PCL and no surgery and 4 months later he's not coming along very well........................excuse me for being concerned. Can anyone bring some clarity to when the PCL injury occurred?Yeah, I don't remember the play or anything. It just sort of happened..

Rudyy
05-24-2013, 07:04 PM
It happened last year vs San Fran
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/17/3517330/giants-injury-news-jacquian-williams-likely-out-sunday How come I don't remember this??