PDA

View Full Version : 9 Defensive tackles on roster, How many make the cut?

GIANTS_FAN_IN_PITT
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
I can't see the Giants keeping more than 5-6 DTs. Who do you guys think make the roster?

Marvin Austin

Jonathan Hankins

Cullen Jenkins

Linval Jospeh

Markus Kuhn

Frank Okam

Martin Parker

Mike Patterson

Shaun Rogers

I think Rogers, Austin, and Patterson are relieved (I may be wayyyy off on Patterson, he may have something to prove). I just find it hard to believe Austin is kept and Rogers is 34 and way past his prime / injury prone now,

I am really liking the depth they brought in to DT to help clog the line...

slipknottin
05-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Kuhn may very well start the season on PUP.

Parker and okam are not anything special.

That's 6 right there

Someone will get injured in preseason and get put on IR, and that gives you your final five.

penguinfarmer
05-23-2013, 03:32 PM
It's still early to tell with no injuries yet to occur. I think they go with 5. I don't think they let go of Austin just yet. They don't seem to have a passrusher after Jenkins unless Kuhn somehow emerges. Technically, Austin is far from a passrusher or anything at the pro level right now, but given what his abilities were and Reese's record of giving players every opportunity to succeed/fail, I think he sticks around this year.

GIANTS_FAN_IN_PITT
05-23-2013, 03:35 PM
It's still early to tell with no injuries yet to occur. I think they go with 5. I don't think they let go of Austin just yet. They don't seem to have a passrusher after Jenkins unless Kuhn somehow emerges. Technically, Austin is far from a passrusher or anything at the pro level right now, but given what his abilities were and Reese's record of giving players every opportunity to succeed/fail, I think he sticks around this year.

Austin is really disappointing with all of the setbacks with injuries. I really thought we had our "Barry Cofield replacement" in him :-/

I hope Kuhn comes back healthy, I think he will be more effective!

DVision
05-23-2013, 03:38 PM
I can't see the Giants keeping more than 5-6 DTs. Who do you guys think make the roster?

Marvin Austin

Jonathan Hankins

Cullen Jenkins

Linval Jospeh

Markus Kuhn

Frank Okam

Martin Parker

Mike Patterson

Shaun Rogers

I think Rogers, Austin, and Patterson are relieved (I may be wayyyy off on Patterson, he may have something to prove). I just find it hard to believe Austin is kept and Rogers is 34 and way past his prime / injury prone now,

I am really liking the depth they brought in to DT to help clog the line...

Rogers is past his prime but I wouldn't call him injury prone. He had a blood clot last year after playing all 16 games for the Saints the year prior.

fansince69
05-23-2013, 03:39 PM

That's 6 right there

Someone will get injured in preseason and get put on IR, and that gives you your final five.Leave it to slip to make this sound quite simple

GiantsFan27
05-23-2013, 03:52 PM
jenkins, hankins, and linval are the 3 that are definitely making the cut

i think austin stays because the giants still want to see what he can do if he puts it together.

then it's between shaun rogers and mike patterson to compete for that 5th spot if we keep 5 DT's on the roster.

and markus kuhn will most likely be on pup until week 6 i believe?

GIANTS_FAN_IN_PITT
05-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Leave it to slip to make this sound quite simple

A God amongst men he is...

jomo
05-23-2013, 05:30 PM

i think austin stays because the giants still want to see what he can do if he puts it together.

then it's between shaun rogers and mike patterson to compete for that 5th spot if we keep 5 DT's on the roster.

and markus kuhn will most likely be on pup until week 6 i believe?I think that Austin is one mediocre camp away from being cut. This year he is going to have to earn his spot. Nothing will be given to him.

DT2012
05-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't care which 5 DT's make the cut as long as those 5 make the middle of that D-Line impossible to run against. I want them drawing double teams so our pass rushers can do their thing. I look forward to see how Big John Hankins is going to do. In reality all that matter is that our DT rotation is able to stuff the run this year and keep blockers off our LBers.

fansince69
05-23-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't care which 5 DT's make the cut as long as those 5 make the middle of that D-Line impossible to run against. I want them drawing double teams so our pass rushers can do their thing. I look forward to see how Big John Hankins is going to do. In reality all that matter is that our DT rotation is able to stuff the run this year and keep blockers off our LBers.what are LBers?

Shockeystays08
05-23-2013, 06:20 PM

That's 6 right there

Someone will get injured in preseason and get put on IR, and that gives you your final five.

That about covers it!

DT2012
05-23-2013, 07:09 PM
what are LBers?

Oh no are you another one of the we should have drafted a Linebacker in the draft guys. Cause personally other than improvement of our D-Line in the middle I would have gone for another Cornerback befor a LBer.

jomo
05-23-2013, 07:12 PM
what are LBers?Something we used to have, long, long ago.

Thanks for the easy set up!

Captain Chaos
05-24-2013, 06:51 AM

and markus kuhn will most likely be on pup until week 6 i believe?

Going on the premise that they will keep 5, I think you nailed it. Wouldn't be surprised if they only kept 4, it will be difficult to sneak an extra guy in if they are going to keep 3 QBs. Austin is treading on some thin ice!