PDA

View Full Version : Time to go back to REAL Giant Football

Hooligans
05-23-2013, 08:22 PM
and tell these overpaid, non-blocking, non-tackling, prima-donna receivers to hit the road. Receivers are like good looking girls at a bar.....they come along every 5 minutes or so.

Drez
05-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Why are you still here?

TheEnigma
05-23-2013, 08:26 PM
and tell these overpaid, non-blocking, non-tackling, prima-donna receivers to hit the road. Receivers are like good looking girls at a bar.....they come along every 5 minutes or so.

+1

We need to start investing in tall receivers like Barden and just have them hit the weight room until they are 250+ lbs. Don't even worry about proper route running or separation skills: Just have them tackle the defensive backs each play to open the outside. You might be on to something Hooligans.

jomo
05-23-2013, 08:33 PM
REal Giants football starts with dominating the treanches and we don't do that with speeches or proclamations from under performing/aging DTs or over the hill underperforming OL. It starts with personnel and we can't turn over enough of them in one year. We'll get back there but it will take time. Skill players are just side stories. We win and lose in the trenches (plus a first rate QB)

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 08:34 PM
WE NEED TO GIVE SINORICE MOSS A CALL ASAP. IMGRATE COACHING STAFF!!!

jomo
05-23-2013, 08:36 PM
WE NEED TO GIVE SINORICE MOSS A CALL ASAP. IMGRATE COACHING STAFF!!!Nothing worse than an IMGRATE. lol

drewz
05-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Does this mean we shouldn't give TO a call?

gmen0820
05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Finally someone said it! **** yer!!!! Yeehaw

gmen0820
05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Took er derbs

Rat_bastich
05-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I quote Henry Cho when I say this...."Bless your little heart."

Bing Crosby
05-23-2013, 08:59 PM
We're going back to the system we had with Y.A. Tittle? :-O

jomo
05-23-2013, 09:02 PM
We're going back to the system we had with Y.A. Tittle? :-OWe're talking leather helmets Bing.

Imgrate
05-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Nothing worse than an IMGRATE. lolLet's not make this another thread full of personal attacks. Ok, mojo? ;)

jomo
05-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Let's not make this another thread full of personal attacks. Ok, mojo? ;)Imgrates are not a "protected class" in this country. I believe we are free to speak our minds about them. Mods?

Imgrate
05-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Imgrates are not a "protected class" in this country. I believe we are free to speak our minds about them. Mods?Its a joke on my username being imgrate....anyway

gmen0820
05-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Its a joke on my username being imgrate....anywayLol I think Jomo was going a long with that.

Imgrate
05-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Lol I think Jomo was going a long with that.Probably, of course I ruined it.

jomo
05-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Its a joke on my username being imgrate....anywayYa know what, you are a protected citizen on these boards because of your username. All others can take no cover. Imagrates are fair game.

Imgrate
05-23-2013, 09:21 PM
. Imagrates.New breed?

gmen0820
05-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Ya know what, you are a protected citizen on these boards because of your username. All others can take no cover. Imagrates are fair game.I hate immigrants, they steal jobs.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5016360_700b.jpg

jomo
05-23-2013, 09:24 PM
BTW for new posters, the whole joke with "imgrate" goes back to a thread entitled "JR you imgrate."
Most of us were never quite sure what that meant. Ingrate never seemed to fit the context of the thread. Many played around with variations on immigrant. It just became a running joke for those of us who spend too much time on these boards. Any time I see imgrate it just makes me smile for no explainable reason.

Any old timers have any other recollection on "imgrate"?

Flip Empty
05-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Nicks will account for $2.73 million this season, while Cruz is currently set to make $0. Definitely "overpaid".

gmen0820
05-23-2013, 09:32 PM
BTW for new posters, the whole joke with "imgrate" goes back to a thread entitled "JR you imgrate."
Most of us were never quite sure what that meant. Ingrate never seemed to fit the context of the thread. Many played around with variations on immigrant. It just became a running joke for those of us who spend too much time on these boards. Any time I see imgrate it just makes me smile for no explainable reason.

Any old timers have any other recollection on "imgrate"?Pretty sure it was Accorsi, because this joke was before my board days, which coincides with Reese's tenure (no correlation).

fansince69
05-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Pretty sure it was Accorsi, because this joke was before my board days, which coincides with Reese's tenure (no correlation).no it was Reese....that's was the title of the thread....Romo...who started that thread? that I don't remember...but it has been a running joke since then

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 09:55 PM
no it was Reese....that's was the title of the thread....Romo...who started that thread? that I don't remember...but it has been a running joke since thenI believe it was FBomb.

fansince69
05-23-2013, 09:59 PM
I believe it was FBomb.HMMM that doesn't seem right cause I thought the person that started it was being serious ...which was why it was so funny at the time

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 10:01 PM
HMMM that doesn't seem right cause I thought the person that started it was being serious ...which was why it was so funny at the timeNo they weren't lol, it was a joke.

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 10:03 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?28421-GOD-IT-REESE!!-YOU-STUPID-IMGRATE!!!-*official-draft-day-thread*&highlight=Imgrate

fansince69
05-23-2013, 10:04 PM
No they weren't lol, it was a joke.I guess I remember wrong then....if fbomb started it ..it was because somebody in all seriousness was calling Reese and imgrate at some point cause that's how the whole thing started...he might have started that thread but it was in response to someone serious

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
I guess I remember wrong then....if fbomb started it ..it was because somebody in all seriousness was calling Reese and imgrate at some point cause that's how the whole thing started...he might have started that thread but it was in response to someone seriousPerhaps. If it was then I don't remember it.

fansince69
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?28421-GOD-IT-REESE!!-YOU-STUPID-IMGRATE!!!-*official-draft-day-thread*&highlight=Imgratethat's from this year

fansince69
that's from this yearthe original was back in like 2007 2008

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 10:07 PM
the original was back in like 2007 2008Oh I wasn't around then.

byron
05-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Perhaps. If it was then I don't remember it. it goes back a long ways....here is a quote from harooni back a year or so ago...."let me tell you how it started. we had a poster who was going off on EA and he was so upset or lack of education ,he called him an IMGRATE. then a few weeks later i and some others kept making threads, like so and so is an imgrate to poke fun of the poster. but it wasnt the fab 4 it was way before that"............. it was from this thread.....http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?10763-JERRY-REESE-YOU-IMGRATE!!!/page3&highlight=jerry+reese+imgrate

fansince69
05-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Oh I wasn't around then.its fine I didn't realize Fbomb did it again...lol....honestly I just barely remember it happening...I don't recall the details....but it has been a running joke for a long time around here

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 10:10 PM
it goes back a long ways....here is a quote from harooni back a year or so ago...."let me tell you how it started. we had a poster who was going off on EA and he was so upset or lack of education ,he called him an IMGRATE. then a few weeks later i and some others kept making threads, like so and so is an imgrate to poke fun of the poster. but it wasnt the fab 4 it was way before that"............. it was from this thread.....http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?10763-JERRY-REESE-YOU-IMGRATE!!!/page3&highlight=jerry+reese+imgrateWell I was totally wrong lool

Rudyy
05-23-2013, 10:10 PM
its fine I didn't realize Fbomb did it again...lol....honestly I just barely remember it happening...I don't recall the details....but it has been a running joke for a long time around hereLol yeah, at first I was like...interesting word choice FBomb lol.

fansince69
05-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Lol yeah, at first I was like...interesting word choice FBomb lol.now you know lol

byron
05-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Well I was totally wrong lool Hell I'm not sure I was around when it first started...and I started reading the board in 06

fansince69
05-23-2013, 10:15 PM
it goes back a long ways....here is a quote from harooni back a year or so ago...."let me tell you how it started. we had a poster who was going off on EA and he was so upset or lack of education ,he called him an IMGRATE. then a few weeks later i and some others kept making threads, like so and so is an imgrate to poke fun of the poster. but it wasnt the fab 4 it was way before that"............. it was from this thread.....http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?10763-JERRY-REESE-YOU-IMGRATE!!!/page3&highlight=jerry+reese+imgrateWas there any way it was Jak....im drawing a blank on the rest of his name but he was always coming up with crazt ideas

byron
05-23-2013, 10:16 PM
the original was back in like 2007 2008 yeah that seems about right

fansince69
05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Hell I'm not sure I was around when it first started...and I started reading the board in 06I know I was here when the original happened...but for life of me I cant remember who it was...I was here around time we drafted eli

byron
05-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Was there any way it was Jak....im drawing a blank on the rest of his name but he was always coming up with crazt ideas I don't know I got a bad case of CRS...

jomo
05-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Almost certain it wasn't Fbomb. It was kind of a random thread by someone who wasn't a regular and it was just hysterical to the rest of us. I don't remember it going back to Acorsi but 'rooni may remember better than me. I do have clear recollection of the "JR you imgrate" thread. Now maybe that was a follow up to something on Acorsi but I don't recall.

fansince69
05-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Almost certain it wasn't Fbomb. It was kind of a random thread by someone who wasn't a regular and it was just hysterical to the rest of us. I don't remember it going back to Acorsi but 'rooni may remember better than me. I do have clear recollection of the "JR you imgrate" thread. Now maybe that was a follow up to something on Acorsi but I don't recall.You know some of us have been around a very long time...lol

jomo
05-23-2013, 10:39 PM
You know some of us have been around a very long time...lolHey, on these boards you are ancient.

fansince69
05-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey, on these boards you are ancient.gee thanks...in all honesty in real life I am ancient ...or at least feel it

Imgrate
05-24-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm so popular.

Hooligans
05-24-2013, 07:12 AM
So now the Giants have Cruz AND Nicks holding out...........move'em. The WRs the Giants won their SB 5 years ago (Plaxico & Smith), were changed out for their next SB (Nicks & Cruz), so now it's time to change again........ (Randle & ?).

egyptian420
05-24-2013, 08:03 AM
So now the Giants have Cruz AND Nicks holding out...........move'em. The WRs the Giants won their SB 5 years ago (Plaxico & Smith), were changed out for their next SB (Nicks & Cruz), so now it's time to change again........ (Randle & ?).Nicks isn't holding out because of his contract and Cruz is still negotiating his contract and hasn't skipped anything mandatory yet. I wouldn't bail on them if I were you.

Do you honestly think this offense will be as good or better with Randle, Murphy , Barden, and Jernigan?

Mercury
05-24-2013, 08:42 AM
It was a mostly incoherent rant about JR, who was denounced as a "stoopid imgrate." No one could figure out what "imgrate" meant, as it didn't make any sense that he was an ingrate or immigrant. However, everyone agrees, that when JR doesn't sign every player that gets released from another team, he's just being a "stoopid imgrate!"

Redeyejedi
05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
and tell these overpaid, non-blocking, non-tackling, prima-donna receivers to hit the road. Receivers are like good looking girls at a bar.....they come along every 5 minutes or so.How are they overpaid? Nicks is making under 3 million ,Cruz in 3 years was paid the min u can be paid. If he plays on the tender he will make under 3 million. We won a Super Bowl on these guys hands not 2 years ago or do u have amnesia . Let me refresh your memory

Superbowl
Hakeem Nicks 10 Catches 109 Yards

NFC championship
Victor Cruz 10 catches 142 yards

Div Playoff @GB
Hakeem Nicks 7 catches 165 yards 2 TD's

FBomb
05-24-2013, 09:31 AM
First of all......it does my heart good to see that after all these years, even the MOST intellectually challanged poster is still allowed to start threads.......secondly, I did NOT make up the "IMGRATE" title.

It started about 7 years ago by a poster, who is either no longer around or has a different name now. It was a serious post aimed at Reese for not drafting a player that poster thought he should. "REESE YOU STOOPID IMGRATE" was the title of the thread and has been a running joke around here ever since.

Imgrate
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
How are they overpaid? Nicks is making under 3 million ,Cruz in 3 years was paid the min u can be paid. If he plays on the tender he will make under 3 million. We won a Super Bowl on these guys hands not 2 years ago or do u have amnesia . Let me refresh your memory Superbowl Hakeem Nicks 10 Catches 109 YardsNFC championshipVictor Cruz 10 catches 142 yardsDiv Playoff @GBHakeem Nicks 7 catches 165 yards 2 TD'sHe's a troll. Just hasnt been banned yet for some reason

fansince69
05-24-2013, 09:44 AM
I am curious what the criteria is for determining a troll...lol....to me and I am sure others it seems obvious in his case ...but he still must be getting the benefit of a doubt from higher authorities

CowboysSuck
05-24-2013, 09:45 AM
REal Giants football starts with dominating the treanches and we don't do that with speeches or proclamations from under performing/aging DTs or over the hill underperforming OL. It starts with personnel and we can't turn over enough of them in one year. We'll get back there but it will take time. Skill players are just side stories. We win and lose in the trenches (plus a first rate QB)

+8

Redeyejedi
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Giant Football is Now is defined by the Big Play. Are Offense is built around Quick Strike Explosive WR's , A Powerful, elusive ,speedy 2nd year RB, and Eli Mannings right Arm. On Defense its about a Powerful depth filled Defensive line Getting the QB to the ground and a secondary hell bent on creating Turnovers, thats what the Giants are. If u want 3 yards and a cloud of dust go put on tapes of the 86 /90 Superbowl teams. I will put the games on line if u need me 2 because that NFL is dead. It started with the Chuck rule and its gotten progressively more offensive each year

Dwinsballgames
05-24-2013, 09:57 AM
First of all......it does my heart good to see that after all these years, even the MOST intellectually challanged poster is still allowed to start threads.......secondly, I did NOT make up the "IMGRATE" title.

It started about 7 years ago by a poster, who is either no longer around or has a different name now. It was a serious post aimed at Reese for not drafting a player that poster thought he should. "REESE YOU STOOPID IMGRATE" was the title of the thread and has been a running joke around here ever since.

I could have sworn it was back in 2004-2005 and directed at Accorsi by" Barnabus the Butcher" or anotherof the same ilk...

nhpgiantsfan
05-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Giant Football is Now is defined by the Big Play. Are Offense is built around Quick Strike Explosive WR's , A Powerful, elusive ,speedy 2nd year RB, and Eli Mannings right Arm. On Defense its about a Powerful depth filled Defensive line Getting the QB to the ground and a secondary hell bent on creating Turnovers, thats what the Giants are. If u want 3 yards and a cloud of dust go put on tapes of the 86 /90 Superbowl teams. I will put the games on line if u need me 2 because that NFL is dead. It started with the Chuck rule and its gotten progressively more offensive each year

dead on. The NFL has evolved. It started with all of the rules limiting the DB's.

TCHOF
05-24-2013, 10:17 AM

Every 5 minutes? Wow . . . we obviously frequent different bars . . . .

fansince69
05-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Every 5 minutes? Wow . . . we obviously frequent different bars . . . .those bars are not in rural upstate ny

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 10:51 AM

I can't believe Sinorice Moss is still this bitter.

MattMeyerBud
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM

why does nobody else know that your an Eagles fan?

gmen0820
05-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Every 5 minutes? Wow . . . we obviously frequent different bars . . . .He never mentioned how many shots he can down in 5 minutes, which I'm sure contributes to the hot chick frequency.

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 12:45 PM
He never mentioned how many shots he can down in 5 minutes, which I'm sure contributes to the hot chick frequency.

Shame it doesn't work the morning after :(

Rudyy
05-24-2013, 12:55 PM
why does nobody else know that your an Eagles fan?Everyone knows except the mods..

slipknottin
05-24-2013, 12:57 PM
They drafted David Wilson for just his scenario. He has the sideline to sideline speed to tackle those pesky defenders and prevent those picks from turning into pick sixes

TCHOF
05-24-2013, 06:27 PM
He never mentioned how many shots he can down in 5 minutes, which I'm sure contributes to the hot chick frequency.

ha ha . . . very true

TCHOF
05-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Shame it doesn't work the morning after :(

Oh it does . . . the shots just don't go down as easy in the morning. :D

Drez
05-24-2013, 07:44 PM
those bars are not in rural upstate nyIsn't a chick with all her teeth considered hot in rural upstate? lol

I kid, I kid. Where you from? I'm from the Capital District.

Drez
05-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Shame it doesn't work the morning after :(You can keep downing shots in the morning.

Die-Hard
05-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Everyone knows except the mods..

Nah we know, or at least I do

Giantz4Life
05-25-2013, 12:52 PM
I love the noobs and oblivious posters who try and reason with OP and take his posts seriously. It's funny when they type a lengthy paragraph in response.

Is there any way the mods can make it so his posts still get posted, yet no one can see them? Reverse troll a troll.

slipknottin
05-25-2013, 12:54 PM
I love the noobs and oblivious posters who try and reason with OP and take his posts seriously. It's funny when they type a lengthy paragraph in response.

Is there any way the mods can make it so his posts still get posted, yet no one can see them? Reverse troll a troll.

There's a plugin for vb that makes posters invisible to everyone but themselves.

Die-Hard
05-25-2013, 12:55 PM

Yep. You can put him on ignore.

Easy solution

Giantz4Life
05-25-2013, 12:59 PM
There's a plugin for vb that makes posters invisible to everyone but themselves.

Haha that's great

Giantz4Life
05-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Yep. You can put him on ignore.

Easy solution

Will do.