PDA

View Full Version : Curry, Connor, Paysinger?

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 11:55 AM
This is going to be a FUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN season to watch the linebackers.

SimmsandLT
05-24-2013, 11:59 AM
This is going to be a FUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN season to watch the linebackers.

Now that's how you do sarcasm!! ;)

giantsfan420
05-24-2013, 12:00 PM
i actually agree but for a diff. reason. i think the talent level on our lb core is actually ironically as good as most the teams in the nfl. im gonna enjoy seeing a couple of players reach their proclaimed level of play (Curry and Rivers) and I'm gonna enjoy seeing Herz look like a completely diff player this yr and play with a chip on his shoulder.

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 12:18 PM
i actually agree but for a diff. reason. i think the talent level on our lb core is actually ironically as good as most the teams in the nfl. im gonna enjoy seeing a couple of players reach their proclaimed level of play (Curry and Rivers) and I'm gonna enjoy seeing Herz look like a completely diff player this yr and play with a chip on his shoulder.

Your optimism is approaching legendary proportions.

Toadofsteel
05-24-2013, 12:34 PM

Fixed

SimmsandLT
05-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Fixed

Not even necessary.

Kruunch
05-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Not even necessary.

Sadly it is.

Carter.525
05-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Curry, Connor and Paysinger.. Oh My!!

Eli TO Shockey
05-24-2013, 02:08 PM

I usually appreciate your homeristic views but this time you've gone too far.

giantsfan420
05-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I usually appreciate your homeristic views but this time you've gone too far.lol. i was being half serious.

Moecoastie77
05-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Im more partial to curry, connor, rivers

B&RWarrior
05-24-2013, 05:17 PM

JWill is going to start.

BigBlueFanNJ
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Personally if that's how it ends up i'm kind of optimistic as well. Our linebacker core was mediocre at best and a serious liabiilty at times. Cannot see how this group is any worse and they all have the potential to be much better. Especially if they all play with an attitude of something to prove.

Fresh blood in the middle may also help us for the first half of the season it's gonna be tough to go back to last seasons tape to game plan for us under the assumption the the middle of the field is a receivers playground. it's gonna take a couple of games minimum to see any patterns to exploit. and i expect these players to improve as a unit in that time frame as well. hopefully giving few options for opposng teams to exploit

and seeing an improved d-line is gonna be a big help to both the LB's and secondary.

my concern is the secondary C-Webb is a huge question mark. If regains his form we can be a great defense. If he plays like last year we might as well spot opposing teams 7 points a game. I'm really really hoping c-webb picks up his game!! Terrell Thomas can be a huge plus but can he really hold up who knows? and with the loss of Kenny Phillips Safety play is a big time question mark although I see some potential there. Prince should be good to go but it's shaky from there and could go either way.

really at this point i feel the LB core is probably a reasonable upgrade from last year with a lot of upside if they can stay healthy and can come together as a unit.

Moecoastie77
05-24-2013, 06:00 PM
JWill is going to start.

maybe. Your guess is as good as mine.

TCHOF
05-25-2013, 10:07 AM
JWill is going to start.

I agree, if he's healthy . . . . but he seems to still be bothered by a knee injury lingering from last season.

Flip Empty
05-25-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm partial to biryani

B&RWarrior
05-25-2013, 10:28 AM
It sounds like JWill is still hurt. I think we are razor thin at LB. We must plan on staying with that 3 safety look as our base this year. So far, outside of the SB run it has been a disaster.

gmen0820
05-25-2013, 10:38 AM
So far, outside of the SB run it has been a disaster.It was horrible without KP, always.

B&RWarrior
05-25-2013, 10:44 AM
It was horrible without KP, always.

I think people underestimate how much we will miss KP. Stevie Brown got picks- many very easy ones- but he got burned a lot too. The rock in the middle is gone.

gmen0820
05-25-2013, 10:49 AM
I think people underestimate how much we will miss KP. Stevie Brown got picks- many very easy ones- but he got burned a lot too. The rock in the middle is gone.While I'm annoyed that we lost him over spare change, his risk of injury is certainly justifiable cause to let walk. No question, though, that when healthy, we had a Big Nickel package that could shut down any Tight End in the league, and overall, really negatively affect opposing offenses. I wish we would have re-signed him, but hey, what can do you do?

B&RWarrior
05-25-2013, 10:53 AM
While I'm annoyed that we lost him over spare change, his risk of injury is certainly justifiable cause to let walk. No question, though, that when healthy, we had a Big Nickel package that could shut down any Tight End in the league, and overall, really negatively affect opposing offenses. I wish we would have re-signed him, but hey, what can do you do?

I can't second guess JR's decision given the nature of the degenerative condition he had in his knees, but teams will definitely try us up the middle more next year. Hopefully we found something in Taylor.