PDA

View Full Version : Unsubstantiated- Read on another Board spags fired and returning to Eagles

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 07:45 PM
The guy claims to have heard it on Sirius NFL Radio a few hours ago.....

Could be a hoax but worth checking out

If true the SOBs beat us again........we really need a more pro-active management team if this is true

Maybe we can return the favor and sign Jackson in the off season

Joe Morrison
12-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't get all worked up, it will all play out in time, Andy is staying in Philly, experiment with the DC has failed so would imagine he is pushing big for Spags.</P>

Only way Spags comes back is if he knows he has a shot to take over when TC is done.</P>

Gianthunter
12-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Poor Jack and you where on somewhat of aroll.[:(]

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 07:55 PM
this is all I could find on the Internet-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/999136-nfl-rumors-steve-spagnuolo-to-join-eagles-after-being-fired-by-rams

G4L
12-30-2011, 07:56 PM
If true, this would mean that Spags is a complete idiot, and I don't beleive that to be true. He has a decent chance of being offered another HC job. It would be foolish for him not to play the market a little bit and see what offers he can get. There is no waythat he would not be offered at least a DC job somehere. Why take that now before he sees what kind of offers he gets after the season is over?</P>

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't get all worked up, it will all play out in time, Andy is staying in Philly, experiment with the DC has failed so would imagine he is pushing big for Spags.</p>

Only way Spags comes back is if he knows he has a shot to take over when TC is done.</p>

Mara has to get off the couch, and call Steve the moment he is let go.......this is like getting the chance to get Lombardi back from the Packers 50 yrs ago.....once in a lifetime opportunity

Offer him HC money and PROMISE HIM in writing the HC job as soon as Tom retires

which could be this off season if we win the trophy IMHO

I could live with Tom a few more seasons with that deal in place and in writing

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 08:07 PM
complete rumor, not true at all. u didn't report anything that hasnt already been discussed here repeatedly.

BOGUS THREAD...u need to chill out Jak, its getting really annoying and its really over the top.

swordfish
12-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Spags is a fine defensive coordinator, and NOT a good head coach, some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches, that's all.

TuckYou
12-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Spags is a fine defensive coordinator, and NOT a good head coach, some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches, that's all.</P>

**** Lebeau. </P>

But honestly, Spags is not being given a fair shot with the Rams and what they have.</P>

gmen46
12-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Spags is a fine defensive coordinator, and NOT a good head coach, some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches, that's all.</P>

**** Lebeau. </P>

But honestly, Spags is not being given a fair shot with the Rams and what they have.</P>

Well, he HAS had 3 years. Something about the team should have shown improvement, and it hasn't.

Also, nothing is being said about Josh McDaniels. Why does he get a pass? His offense hasn't done ****. He's been exposed, as I believed he would be.

Not so easy to be an offensive genius without Brady and Belichick covering your ***, is it, Josh?

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 08:42 PM
complete rumor, not true at all. u didn't report anything that hasnt already been discussed here repeatedly.

BOGUS THREAD...u need to chill out Jak, its getting really annoying and its really over the top.

I gave you the source

dont shoot the messenger

if true its horrible news

NY_Eli
12-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Here's how it works.

Individuals in the media make up completely bogus information that they think has a decent chance of happening.

If it doesn't happen, everyone forgets.

If it does, they say 'reported here first.'

It's a real shame for people looking for real, reliable news.

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 09:01 PM

I gave you the source

dont shoot the messenger

u gave me a source thats restated what nfl.com, espn.com, the san diego tribune all said a few days ago. we all knew of this report.

whats bogus is u saying he's been fired and is a member of philly. BOGUS. he hasnt even been fired yet.

and there are just as many reports by legit sources like lombardi among others that say spags is going to the giants bc of spags bad history with andy reid

fletch842
12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
I think Phili's defense has performed much better the 2nd half. My gut tells me that they stick with Reid, and he stays with the current guy (who has been on his coaching staff his entire ride in Phili)

I don't see this as having a shred of truth to it. Pure speculation.

JJC7301
12-30-2011, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't get all worked up, it will all play out in time, Andy is staying in Philly, experiment with the DC has failed so would imagine he is pushing big for Spags.</p>

Only way Spags comes back is if he knows he has a shot to take over when TC is done.</p>

Mara has to get off the couch, and call Steve the moment he is let go.......this is like getting the chance to get Lombardi back from the Packers 50 yrs ago.....once in a lifetime opportunity

I'd like Spags back as well, but you can't pull a "Garrett" -- telling him that the HC job is his when the current HC is gone, like Jerry Jones did concerning Garrett and Wade Philips. Garrett looked like a fairly mediocre OC after that promise was made to him, and yet he had this promise waiting for him.
Spags SHOULD wait until at least the Giants game is over to see what direction they're going in. If the Giants make the playoffs, Fewell probably sticks around and Spags SHOULD take the job with the Eagles (it was his original NFL home -- why not??).

Honestly, if TC got fired (I want him to get one more year) then I would at least talk to Spags about talking the HC job. He may do much better with the talent that the Giants have compared with the Rams.

BParcells777
12-31-2011, 03:59 AM
NO........your kidding???

he should do better with our roster??? Unbelievable the comments some people make on here

Buto
12-31-2011, 04:44 AM
Fewell gets the HC job with the Ram and Spags comes home to the G-Men.

BlueSanta
12-31-2011, 04:52 AM
I honestly thought the Eagles were the fav to sign Spags.

But then I read that article reminding me of his falling out with that organization over his departure. Andy reid DID try to hamper his departure/ promotion which is a big no-no in the world of coaching.

But, you also have to recognize there are a lot of teams who are looking for coaches. I hope Spags ends up with us, but I am sure he will land on his feet wherever he goes.

krygny
12-31-2011, 08:06 AM

Mara has to get off the couch, and call Steve the moment he is let go.......<font color="#800080"><u><font size="5">this is like getting the chance to get Lombardi back from the Packers 50 yrs ago</font></u></font>.....once in a lifetime opportunity

Lombardi?

<font size="5">Lombardi?</font>

<font size="6">VINCE LOMBARDI?!!</font>

krygny
12-31-2011, 08:15 AM
I can understand some Giants fans would want the front office to start contacting a sitting head coach, in violation of league rules, but they won't do it.

Has anybody considered where Spags would rather go? Or even the possibility that another team may interview him for a HC position, not just DC?

So, stop with blaming the Giants FO for something that hasn't happened yet.

BParcells777
12-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I said as soon as he's fired fly the corporate jet out there to get him

oh right........we don't have one, or cheerleaders either :O(

BParcells777
12-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Fewell gets the HC job with the Ram and Spags comes home to the G-Men.

Fewell??????After his showing in Buffalo, and here he could not get a job on Jim Fassel's Arena League team.

I've never seen a more confused defense in my life until I saw the Dallas menagerie a few games ago

The only thing that save us is our incredible D-Line and some pretty good DBs

GameTime
12-31-2011, 10:24 AM
I said as soon as he's fired fly the corporate jet out there to get him

oh right........we don't have one, or cheerleaders either :O(
</P>

BTW Jakk....they do have a corporate jet.....</P>

</P>

bubblesmcgee
12-31-2011, 10:25 AM

I gave you the source

dont shoot the messenger

When the source is Bleacher report....dont get too nervous