PDA

View Full Version : Canty Prefers Flacco Over Manning

RoanokeFan
05-25-2013, 04:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/25799/canty-prefers-flacco-over-manning

Excerpt: "One thing to love about Chris Canty (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8546/chris-canty) is his candid and often direct point of view.

The former Giant usually doesn't hold back anything he says, like when he declared that the Giants suffered from a Super Bowl hangover (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/24925/canty-super-bowl-hangover-is-real) last year.

So when Canty was asked on NBC Sports which Super Bowl MVP quarterback he prefers between Joe Flacco (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11252/joe-flacco) and Eli Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning), the defensive tackle went with Flacco over his former two-time Super Bowl-winning teammate.

“Joe Flacco," Canty said when asked Flacco or Manning on NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk (http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/51995880). "Because he won a Super Bowl and he’s one of the best deep-ball throwers in the National Football League. Absolutely. Take a look at the tape.”

Of course, Canty predictably picked his new quarterback in this case. He signed with the Ravens in the offseason after being a cap casualty cut by the Giants.

“He throws a beautiful deep ball," Canty said. "He puts it only where the receivers can get their hands on it when you talk about the vertical passing game. And they’ve got some vertical pass threats. They got Torrey Smith (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14032/torrey-smith). They’ve got [Dennis] Pitta. They’ve got [Ed] ****son. They’ve got some good weapons for him to use down the field.” Read more...

GiantsFan27
05-25-2013, 04:22 PM
oh boy, here come all the blood-thirsty giants fans waiting to pounce on this one.

just like they overreact about anything and everything.

4thand1
05-25-2013, 04:22 PM
You mean a Ravens player says he prefers the Ravens QB over the Giants one?

wow I'm shocked

slipknottin
05-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Like I told florio, make sure Canty is watching film with his good eye

4thand1
05-25-2013, 04:32 PM
When you join a new team, you have to be diplomatic. Can't act like you still love your old team more than your new one like Jacobs did

FishinTheSalt
05-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Whats he gonna say? He likes the guy he used to play with better than the guy he currently is with. That wouldn't make a lot of sense whether he believes it or not. I'd take Eli over Joe any day of the week but I am admittedly biased.

Carter.525
05-25-2013, 04:40 PM
well good for Canty..

Giantslb66
05-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Well Eli prefers Cullen Jenkins over Canty, "He sees the field much better than Canty!"

egyptian420
05-25-2013, 04:47 PM
When you join a new team, you have to be diplomatic. Can't act like you still love your old team more than your new one like Jacobs didthis

SanAntonioGiant
05-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Hes supposed to praise his new team!

Its funny how former Giants give back handed remarks to thier former team!

jomo
05-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Hes supposed to praise his new team!

Its funny how former Giants give back handed remarks to thier former team!It is the only way any player should handle comments about their new and old teammates.

Carter.525
05-25-2013, 04:51 PM
The title should be "Canty is wacco for Flacco"

RoanokeFan
05-25-2013, 05:04 PM
It is the only way any player should handle comments about their new and old teammates. +1

RoanokeFan
05-25-2013, 05:05 PM
The title should be "Canty is wacco for Flacco" Well played.

TheAnalyst
05-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Cool. When does Canty catch a TD pass from Flacco since he prefers him.

RoanokeFan
05-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Cool. When does Canty catch a TD pass from Flacco since he prefers him. Do you have to catch one to appreciate one ?

BlueSanta
05-25-2013, 05:10 PM
If people remember, he preferred Eli to Romo when he got here.

This isn't a big deal. You think he is going to bash his current team? That would be lockeroom suicide and as much time as he spends injured on the sidelines it wouldn't be good if none of his teammates wanted to talk to him

gmen0820
05-25-2013, 05:13 PM
If Sebastian Vollmer signed with the Giants and said he preferred Eli to Brady, everyone would say something along the lines of "He's a Giant now, what do you expect him to say?" Then the thread would go 20 pages and, eventually, close.

Carter.525
05-25-2013, 05:25 PM
If Sebastian Vollmer signed with the Giants and said he preferred Eli to Brady, everyone would say something along the lines of "He's a Giant now, what do you expect him to say?" Then the thread would go 20 pages and, eventually, close.

He should say I hate Joe Flacco and I always will.. lol

gumby74
05-25-2013, 05:32 PM
oh boy, here come all the blood-thirsty giants fans waiting to pounce on this one.

just like they overreact about anything and everything.

I don't think so. Everyone knows this is rubbish.

Flip Empty
05-25-2013, 05:40 PM
No outrage. This is progress.

gmen0820
05-25-2013, 05:54 PM
No outrage. This is progress.It's a peace offering from the Eli "realists." They will acknowledge the inaneness of Canty's assertions to advance their own "realist" agenda at a later time.

gumby74
05-25-2013, 06:11 PM
It's a peace offering from the Eli "realists." They will acknowledge the inaneness of Canty's assertions to advance their own "realist" agenda at a later time.

Absolutely. But it's not a peace offering. Haha.

Eliscruzzz
05-25-2013, 06:20 PM
oh God not another Eli v.s.thread....I'm outta here. Last time didn't turn out well for me.

gmen0820
05-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Absolutely. But it's not a peace offering. Haha.Well I still diagnosed it correctly, at least lol.

DarkSaint
05-25-2013, 06:29 PM
How about canty talking about all those deep weapons flacoo has. Is he implying that we don't?

njersey
05-25-2013, 06:59 PM
He said that Flacco was better than Eli because Flaco won a Super Bowl. Canty is an idiot. I'm glad he's gone.

jomo
05-25-2013, 07:19 PM
He should say I hate Joe Flacco and I always will.. lolNow THAT would be a story. :D

Toadofsteel
05-25-2013, 07:29 PM
And this is an issue why? Canty doesn't play for the Giants, and probably won't be playing for the ravens in 2016 when we play them next...

giant-4-life
05-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Well Canty didn't seem to uphold his end of the bargain when he played with us. the D-line was lethargic. Here's to hoping for a better future.

jomo
05-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Well Canty didn't seem to uphold his end of the bargain when he played with us. the D-line was lethargic. Here's to hoping for a better future.He did not earn his $$ with us. He was often injured and when he played he was good. We paid him GREAT money. That's the problem with free agent signings. Most never earn their keep.

TCHOF
05-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Eh, it would have been asinine for him to answer that question in any other way. Non-story.

DarkSaint
05-25-2013, 09:06 PM
oh boy, here come all the blood-thirsty giants fans waiting to pounce on this one.just like they overreact about anything and everything.Excellent bait post.

:thumbsUp:

giantsfan420
05-25-2013, 10:16 PM
well if anyone would know, itd be canty whose gone to war with flacco now all of 1 offseason month lmfao

GreenZone
05-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Ohm's article totally misleads with this inane opening sentence:

"One thing to love about Chris Canty (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8546/chris-canty) is his candid and often direct point of view."

There was nothing either candid or direct in his remarks. This article ranks tops among the "I've got nothing to write about, but have to write something" category elite articles of this or any off season.

Speaking of elite, you can spell F-L-A-C-C-O without it, but is Joe an elite quarterback? This was the true question that could have gotten Ohm that Michael Kay effect. And who better to ask it of than the effervescent: "He's got a good ball" Chris Canty?

embeshAtYa
05-25-2013, 10:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/25799/canty-prefers-flacco-over-manning

Excerpt: "One thing to love about Chris Canty (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8546/chris-canty) is his candid and often direct point of view.

The former Giant usually doesn't hold back anything he says, like when he declared that the Giants suffered from a Super Bowl hangover (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/24925/canty-super-bowl-hangover-is-real) last year.

So when Canty was asked on NBC Sports which Super Bowl MVP quarterback he prefers between Joe Flacco (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11252/joe-flacco) and Eli Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning), the defensive tackle went with Flacco over his former two-time Super Bowl-winning teammate.

“Joe Flacco," Canty said when asked Flacco or Manning on NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk (http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/51995880). "Because he won a Super Bowl and he’s one of the best deep-ball throwers in the National Football League. Absolutely. Take a look at the tape.”

Of course, Canty predictably picked his new quarterback in this case. He signed with the Ravens in the offseason after being a cap casualty cut by the Giants.

“He throws a beautiful deep ball," Canty said. "He puts it only where the receivers can get their hands on it when you talk about the vertical passing game. And they’ve got some vertical pass threats. They got Torrey Smith (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14032/torrey-smith). They’ve got [Dennis] Pitta. They’ve got [Ed] ****son. They’ve got some good weapons for him to use down the field.” Read more...

Wasn too long ago canty says nobody in nfl can block him. I watched everyone block him. Shut up bum!!!!

fansince69
05-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Wasn too long ago canty says nobody in nfl can block him. I watched everyone block him. Shut up bum!!!!so a guy who was a contributor to our latest super bowl is now a bum...because he said something bad about Eli? or because he isn't on the giants any longer?

GTGiantsFan
05-26-2013, 12:13 AM
If Eli was traded right now too the Ravens in some crazy world, Canty would say, "Oh, I was just messing with you guys, Eli is my bro, I have his back, we good, he's a top 5 QB."

Gmen2005
05-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Canty prefers his quarterback instead of his old quarterback? Seems like a good teammate to me. Jesus people read into this **** too much.

Diamondring
05-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Whats he gonna say? He likes the guy he used to play with better than the guy he currently is with. That wouldn't make a lot of sense whether he believes it or not. I'd take Eli over Joe any day of the week but I am admittedly biased.Then why they ask the man who was better? That should not make sense either.

Flip Empty
05-26-2013, 01:56 AM
Then why they ask the man who was better? That should not make sense either.
They just wanted a sound bite to construct a nothing story out of. They do it all the time.

It's like asking Eli if he thinks he's elite or not.

embeshAtYa
05-26-2013, 07:26 AM
so a guy who was a contributor to our latest super bowl is now a bum...because he said something bad about Eli? or because he isn't on the giants any longer?

yeah the point here is in both cases he is running his mouth. He is a Raven. Bum.

giantyankee1976
05-26-2013, 08:07 AM

wow I'm shocked

+1

When you join a new team, you have to be diplomatic. Can't act like you still love your old team more than your new one like Jacobs did

this

Well Eli prefers Cullen Jenkins over Canty, "He sees the field much better than Canty!"

hahaha

I liked Chris when he was here, stand-up dude and all that, but for some reason I'm excited about the current constitution of our DLine's Interior !

Die-Hard
05-26-2013, 08:12 AM
I think a more diplomatic response from Canty would have been "I like both of them". Simple

Saying that he likes Flacco better because he won a Super Bowl is truly idiotic, considering that he has a ring on his own finger thanks in large part to Eli Manning. Ah well...

Redeyejedi
05-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Like I told florio, make sure Canty is watching film with his good eye Oh man thats classic did u tweet that I have to RT

Redeyejedi
05-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Then why they ask the man who was better? That should not make sense either.Sell Newspapers

GameTime
05-26-2013, 09:28 AM
all good and it makes no dif....

jomo
05-26-2013, 10:21 AM
They just wanted a sound bite to construct a nothing story out of. They do it all the time.

It's like asking Eli if he thinks he's elite or not.Seinfeld..................all about nothing.

TheAnalyst
05-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Do you have to catch one to appreciate one ?

Well, no. But I feel like Canty should talk about the guys he will be next to instead. Compare JPP to Upshaw or who ever the Ravens have a DE... I dont have any issue with this by the way. He isnt going to pull a Branden Jacobs and still say the Giants are better.

Rudyy
05-26-2013, 01:11 PM
I think a more diplomatic response from Canty would have been "I like both of them". SimpleSaying that he likes Flacco better because he won a Super Bowl is truly idiotic, considering that he has a ring on his own finger thanks in large part to Eli Manning. Ah well...+1

gmen0820
05-26-2013, 01:18 PM
I think a more diplomatic response from Canty would have been "I like both of them". Simple

Saying that he likes Flacco better because he won a Super Bowl is truly idiotic, considering that he has a ring on his own finger thanks in large part to Eli Manning. Ah well...I don't remember seeing anyone offering their "diplomatic $.02" when he said Tony Romo was his favorite QB to sack.

Could his answer been improved upon? Sure, I guess -- but there's really nothing wrong with his new preference.

NYGcolbert
05-26-2013, 05:30 PM
heck naw

Flip Empty
05-26-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't remember seeing anyone offering their "diplomatic $.02" when he said Tony Romo was his favorite QB to sack.

Could his answer been improved upon? Sure, I guess -- but there's really nothing wrong with his new preference.
I don't know why anyone would praise their old employer when talking about their current one. Especially when it's a competitor.

gmen0820
05-26-2013, 09:48 PM
I don't know why anyone would praise their old employer when talking about their current one. Especially when it's a competitor.A la Brandon Jacobs.

MattyD21
05-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Really curious to see what would happen if they asked Marty Bennett this question

Rudyy
05-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Really curious to see what would happen if they asked Marty Bennett this questionOh God..
I would just laugh forever if he said Jay Cutler was better than Eli.

BuffyBlueII
05-27-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't really see why this is even an issue. Chris Canty is a Baltimore Raven now and Joe Flacco is a damn good QB. It is not like Chris is saying that he thinks Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Eli Manning. I am not going to get in to a debate of whether or not I think Eli or Joe is better or worse than the other but Joe Flacco is a very accomplished QB that has brought his team to the playoffs year after year, has one of the strongest arms in NFL and it is a reasonable statement on Chris Canty's part if that is his opinion that he prefers Joe to Eli.

rebelfan1966
05-28-2013, 08:32 AM
If he were to ever come back to the Giants and was asked that same question.... he would say Eli. You gotta go with who is buttering the bread at the time....

ryan12
05-28-2013, 08:40 AM

wow I'm shocked+1

Morehead State
05-28-2013, 08:42 AM
If he were to ever come back to the Giants and was asked that same question.... he would say Eli. You gotta go with who is buttering the bread at the time....
Is it really a reach to favor a guy who had 11 TD's and 0 Int's in the playoffs last year? A guy who was the SB winning QB? A guy who has won 9 playoff games in his first 5 seasons as a pro? A guy who has not only made the playoffs in every season he's played, but has won a playoff game in every season he's played. That's completely unprecedented.
I'd say that's damned impressive.

Just sayin' folks.

EliDaMANning
05-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Flacco is a really good QB. He's won me over. I'd take him over Brady at this point of their careers in a heartbeat, especially late in the games since Brady tends to fold like a lawn chair. But Canty probably had his fingers crossed when he said this.

Morehead State
05-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Flacco is a really good QB. He's won me over. I'd take him over Brady at this point of their careers in a heartbeat, especially late in the games since Brady tends to fold like a lawn chair. But Canty probably had his fingers crossed when he said this.
Can you post anything without knocking someone?

No you can't.

EliDaMANning
05-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Can you post anything without knocking someone?

No you can't.Stay on topic please.

Morehead State
05-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Stay on topic please.
Right....Tom Brady is on topic.

TCHOF
05-28-2013, 09:37 AM

haha . . .Flacco over Brady

EliDaMANning
05-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Right....Tom Brady is on topic.I made the comparison between the two as my base to admit what Canty said isn't that far fetched but he probably doesn't believe it himself.

Now, please stay on topic.

DarkSaint
05-28-2013, 10:07 AM
If the broncos DB's provided decent coverage on that last TD, we'd be comparing Eli to Kapernick. BTW EliDaManning, you got a stalker on your hands. Pretty creepy if you ask me.

rebelfan1966
05-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Is it really a reach to favor a guy who had 11 TD's and 0 Int's in the playoffs last year? A guy who was the SB winning QB? A guy who has won 9 playoff games in his first 5 seasons as a pro? A guy who has not only made the playoffs in every season he's played, but has won a playoff game in every season he's played. That's completely unprecedented.

Just sayin' folks.

Again, unless a player is just so talented that he fears no blow back from the fans or staff, he is going to pick his own QB if asked that question 98% of the time. As for Flaco, I think is is a good quality QB as well. He does indedd throw a nice deep ball. He is not arrogant. I would pick him over Big Ben any day of the week.

ryan12
05-28-2013, 11:22 AM
i prefer linval, Jenkins and big hank over canty

Morehead State
05-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Again, unless a player is just so talented that he fears no blow back from the fans or staff, he is going to pick his own QB if asked that question 98% of the time. As for Flaco, I think is is a good quality QB as well. He does indedd throw a nice deep ball. He is not arrogant. I would pick him over Big Ben any day of the week.
Rebelfan...you I and know that you would pick Dave Brown or Danny Kannell over Ben.....

You know I'm right.

SimmsandLT
05-28-2013, 12:23 PM
This is standard M.O. for Canty.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19430955/giants-de-chris-canty-takes-eli-over-romo-compares-jpp-to-reggie-white

Go to a new team, praise their players. Standard procedure for most players pretty much. But if you all need to debate, by all means go ahead.

TrueBlue@NYC
05-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Of course he likes Flacco over Eli, in practice Flacco is way easier to sack than Eli! Badumbum!

This is a none issue

joemorrisforprez
05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
If I ever run into Chris Canty, I swear I will kick his ungrateful ***.

Morehead State
05-28-2013, 02:59 PM
They cut him and now he plays for Baltimore.

Why would anyone be upset over what he said. Everyone needs to lighten up for God's sake. He's supporting his teammate.

Moke
05-28-2013, 03:06 PM
LOL, this is insane.

ryan12
05-28-2013, 03:24 PM

canty is pretty big

joemorrisforprez
05-28-2013, 07:02 PM
canty is pretty big

My righteous anger would see me through....I'd hit him with such a flurry of chops and kicks that Canty would think he was in a fight with 1000 wasps.

Rudyy
05-28-2013, 07:10 PM
My righteous anger would see me through....I'd hit him with such a flurry of chops and kicks that Canty would think he was in a fight with 1000 wasps.All over a silly comment lol.

Buddy333
05-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Don't hate him because he is a good team mate. He is backing his QB.

joemorrisforprez
05-28-2013, 07:30 PM
All over a silly comment lol.

Indeed.

Morehead State
05-28-2013, 07:39 PM
My righteous anger would see me through....I'd hit him with such a flurry of chops and kicks that Canty would think he was in a fight with 1000 wasps.
OK...you made up for your original comment with the "1000 wasp" thing.

giantsfan420
05-28-2013, 08:01 PM

Just sayin' folks.
wtf lmfao?! Eli led the team to the postseason every year as a starter his 1rst 4 yrs, with a 9 td 1 int run his 4th yr. Definitely not unprecedented, at all. Further, his first few yrs, you'd have to be a biased, clueless fan to believe Flacco was the driving force for Balt. Wasn't it just last postseason (POSTSEASON, almost unprecedented for teammates to publically voice criticism during the postseason)Reed was questioning Flacco?

Further, so hilarious the double standard. Flacco is wildly inconsistent. lost to the jags on a HORRENDOUS 0.09 QB rating or something lmao. They wouldnt have even made the playoffs if it wasnt for a time warp continuum warp on that 4th and 29 when Flacco, inexplicably, threw a checkdown pass, that somehow, through the black hole vortex, Rice converted lol. Flacco has had worse completion % numbers than eli at the same time in their respective careers..."unprecedented"...lmao...somethings unprecedented alright but it aint flacco.

now, flacco over a lower tier group of QBs, like a Phil Simms, than the comparison is valid.

Morehead State
05-28-2013, 08:06 PM
wtf lmfao?! Eli led the team to the postseason every year as a starter his 1rst 4 yrs, with a 9 td 1 int run his 4th yr. Definitely not unprecedented, at all. Further, his first few yrs, you'd have to be a biased, clueless fan to believe Flacco was the driving force for Balt. Wasn't it just last postseason (POSTSEASON, almost unprecedented for teammates to publically voice criticism during the postseason)Reed was questioning Flacco?

Further, so hilarious the double standard. Flacco is wildly inconsistent. lost to the jags on a HORRENDOUS 0.09 QB rating or something lmao. They wouldnt have even made the playoffs if it wasnt for a time warp continuum warp on that 4th and 29 when Flacco, inexplicably, threw a checkdown pass, that somehow, through the black hole vortex, Rice converted lol. Flacco has had worse completion % numbers than eli at the same time in their respective careers..."unprecedented"...lmao...somethings unprecedented alright but it aint flacco.

now, flacco over a lower tier group of QBs, like a Phil Simms, than the comparison is valid.

I'm sorry 420...you know I love ya. but getting to the playoffs in every season as a pro, including your rookie year AND winning at least one playoff game in every season as a pro is definitely unprecedented.

If you can find a QB that has done that I would like to know who it was.

giantsfan420
05-28-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry 420...you know I love ya. but getting to the playoffs in every season as a pro, including your rookie year AND winning at least one playoff game in every season as a pro is definitely unprecedented.

If you can find a QB that has done that I would like to know who it was.oh. so your placing more weight/significance on flacco(and not the ravens as u always say its the NYG and not NYElis accomplishing things) "leading" his team to the playoffs (something u've completely refuted here when its abt eli) than other aspects of Flaccos game that aren't up to par with the elite QBs???
ok. just making sure I wasn't misreading.

and I know for a fact that when eli was in that 4 yr streak of the NYG making the postseason, and not having a season under .500 (and just in general when discussing eli with u, a focal point I'd use was elis w/l overall and postseason) and you would ALWAYS do things like ask if i was a nyg fan and basically rag on me for singling eli out.
and lookee what we got here lmao

ALL_OuT23
05-28-2013, 09:43 PM
I agreed with steven a smith when he said when asked the question he should have just not said anything.. but what do you expect him to say being that flacco is his QB now.. do i agree.? no...

Rudyy
05-28-2013, 09:48 PM
I agreed with steven a smith when he said when asked the question he should have just not said anything.. but what do you expect him to say being that flacco is his QB now.. do i agree.? no...This is just sad man....

EliMVP-NYG
05-28-2013, 09:58 PM

Ur always objective and have a pretty unbiased opinion. +1.

DarkSaint
05-28-2013, 10:22 PM
now, flacco over a lower tier group of QBs, like a Phil Simms, than the comparison is valid.Shots Fired!! LOL great point btw.

jomo
05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
The Steelers are the luckiest franchise in football. Their main rival signed their QB for a ridiculous amount of money. That would be fine if Flacco could carry a team by himself but he is a wildly inconsistent QB. That gift will pay off for 5 years.

We are also pretty lucky with how much the Cowboys paid Romo. That is way too much cap space tied up on a QB who has failed in just about every big moment as a pro. We are blessed.

Carter.525
05-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh God..
I would just laugh forever if he said Jay Cutler was better than Eli.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maczxh7gfo1rge9rdo1_500.jpg

gmen0820
05-28-2013, 11:11 PM
The Steelers are the luckiest franchise in football. Their main rival signed their QB for a ridiculous amount of money. That would be fine if Flacco could carry a team by himself but he is a wildly inconsistent QB. That gift will pay off for 5 years.Ziggy Hood disagrees.

giantsfan420
05-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Ur always objective and have a pretty unbiased opinion. +1.thanks. lol, didnt know if u were being sarcastic.

but guys, we better be careful. they'll start claiming we're all the same person lol.

Rudyy
05-28-2013, 11:30 PM
thanks. lol, didnt know if u were being sarcastic.but guys, we better be careful. they'll start claiming we're all the same person lol.Funny how you make that claim..is there truth to it perhaps?

giantsfan420
05-28-2013, 11:30 PM
I agreed with steven a smith when he said when asked the question he should have just not said anything.. but what do you expect him to say being that flacco is his QB now.. do i agree.? no...i agree.

giantsfan420
05-28-2013, 11:32 PM
This is just sad man....what is? and in response to ur last post, which adds absolutely nothing to the topic at hand (see a pattern here?), nah.

im just curious to see, how many of ur recent posts actually discuss football and how many are of these nature...

Rudyy
05-28-2013, 11:34 PM
what is? and in response to ur last post, which adds absolutely nothing to the topic at hand (see a pattern here?), nah. im just curious to see, how many of ur recent posts actually discuss football and how many are of these nature...Relax lol.

gumby74
05-28-2013, 11:38 PM
The Steelers are the luckiest franchise in football. Their main rival signed their QB for a ridiculous amount of money. That would be fine if Flacco could carry a team by himself but he is a wildly inconsistent QB. That gift will pay off for 5 years.

We are also pretty lucky with how much the Cowboys paid Romo. That is way too much cap space tied up on a QB who has failed in just about every big moment as a pro. We are blessed.

Actually, I think Flacco is a consistent QB. Just consistently average. Or above average.

EliMVP-NYG
05-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Funny how you make that claim..is there truth to it perhaps?

rofl lmfao

EliMVP-NYG
05-28-2013, 11:39 PM
thanks. lol, didnt know if u were being sarcastic.

but guys, we better be careful. they'll start claiming we're all the same person lol.

But we are the same person.....

giantsfan420
05-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Actually, I think Flacco is a consistent QB. Just consistently average. Or above average.lol.

btw, did u see the post i made that got locked? thaks for that qb rating table. shed a lot of light when the actual game was analyzed. it looks a lot longer than it reads, dont let it scare u. an excerpt from an article and ur data table make up most the length and most of it simple stuff.

if flacco is consistent, can u quantify how eli is not? I'm just gonna go ahead and paste that post here bc I basically made it to see ur stances opinion:
Eli Manning and the inconsistency myth (long read. tried basing of facts)
But in the end, Manning deserves the spot. He's earned it by performing with incredible consistency at a high level and in the biggest of spots. He ranks behind only Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Matt Hasselbeck in passing yards among active quarterbacks, and each of those players has at least a three-year head start on him. He's fifth (behind those same four guys) in touchdown passes among active quarterbacks. Only Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees and Ben Roethlisberger among active quarterbacks have engineered more game-winning drives, and only Peyton Manning and Brady have more comeback victories.

So Eli is a top-level quarterback in terms of production (and in spite of a stubborn, lingering reputation to the contrary), but what truly sets him apart as a great player is the way he's performed during the two Super Bowl title runs the Giants have made with him under center. He has a 61.5 career completion percentage, a 17-to-8 touchdown-to-interception ratio in his 11 career playoff games and has led the team from behind to beat Bill Belichick, Brady and the New England Patriots in two separate Super Bowls. He's the unquestioned leader of his team, the calming influence which Giants players know they can count on in tough times, a key to his team's uncanny ability to handle adversity and a proven champion without whose individual performance those Super Bowl titles would not have been possible. The best quarterback in the NFC East is the most clutch quarterback in the NFL right now and is the division's best player.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-1-eli-manning

Further:A poster decided to use Eli and QB rating to indicate inconsitency. My premise isnt Eli was never inconsistent. He was early-midway thru his career. Further, I'm not even saying he isn't inconsistent. I'm saying, he's no more inconsistent than the other elite QBs. So, I'm going to start with the 2008 season (I feel he started becoming much more consistent the 2007 SB run, and further, the premise I'm arguing against is that Eli the past few yrs is still inconsistent to the point his elite peers wont ever stoop so low and that Eli's poor games (from the past few yrs, the Balt and Atl games were referenced) are poorer than his counterparts.
----------------------------
Rookie year - mulligan
62 89 102 120 70 74 51 89 39 130 79 27 63 68 71
88 111 82 102 68 80 76 28 51 59 107 97 69 41 69
113 75 63 65 86 87 78 44 72 100 33 63 88 51 32 118
74 89 83 99 32 50 61 47 59 68 85 64 21 7 75 41
93 110 106 104 158 61 47 55 112 111 65 88 130 144 75 71
87 85 77 79 89 104 11 125 88 53 117 62 59 105 63 83
2011 - awesome throughout.
94 89 110 86 103 87 78 58 41 56 114 98 99 38 78 145

QB rating for first season analyzed: 61, 47, 55, 65 (4 games total) Week 6 QB rating 61: @ NO. That was the game the D surrendered like 28 pts the 1rst quarter. I maintain, any QB could have been our starter and the result is the same. Is this game an example of Eli's inconsistency, or the teams? This was the game when we were like 5-0 or something and our first real test. ELi was lighting it up until this game. Unbiased verdict: NYG were inconsistent this week. Cannot be held against Eli unless the point is conceded that when the other elite qbs lose in blowouts in large part to the D, its held against them too.

Week 7 vs AZ QB R:47- Eli threw for 250, 1 td and 3 ints in a 24-17 loss. Def a game that can be looked at questionably in terms of, this was an inconsistent performance.

Week 8 @ Philly QB R:55- Loss 40-17. Was this the team being inconsistent, or Eli? 220 yds, 1 td and 2 ints. D was a seeve. Unbiased Verdict: Considering this is in the middle of a streak where philly owns us, the NYG were inconsistent, Eli included. D gave up 40. I submit those other elite QBs would make no difference.

Week 12 @ Denver QB R: 65- I remember this game vividly. NO ONE SHOWED UP. this was a thurs. game or a thanksgiving game iirc. No way would I say Eli's performance was a result of his inconsistency. The entire team didnt show up. That game was one of the few where I felt like I knew we'd lose so early.

Overall analysis of 2009: This was the yr the D was HORRENDOUS. Eli still helped lead the team to a .500 record. I submit there is no way in hell anyone could say that Eli displayed a level of inconsistency or poor play that his counterparts wouldnt display. I'd get into those other QBs stats, but I KNOW off the top of my head Peyton had 3 4 int games, in a row iirc and turned in some horrific performances. AR wasn't AR yet. At ALL. Up n down season. Brady, was he injured that yr? Brees, dunno off the top of my head, but iirc he had 20 something ints that yr. But I would say Eli displayed consistency, not inconsistency. esp in the face of a horrible D.

2010:

weeks 10 L @ Philly QB R 53.5- Infamous "WRS off the street game" where we still had a shot were it not for that fumble. His play was def. not this inconsistent mess. the previous 9 weeks eli had solid qb rating numbers. this is in the middle of philly owning us. Still had a shot and eli def had his moments.

Weeks 12 and 13 we won but Eli had QB R right at 60. the 62.3 @ washington was a blowout victory that I in no way would say attributes to inconsistency. we blew them out. Week 13, 59 QBR, we won @ Minn. I remember this game. run game was solid. Eli was def. inconsistent here.

Week 16 L vs GB QB R 63.6- We all remember this game. How anyone could say it was the result of elis inconsistency is beynd me. yes multiple picks, but they were garbage time. we were in it at half time, then 2 T.Os in succeeding possessions by the RBS ended it. We had no shot AS A TEAM. the D couldnt stop them aside from luck.

Overall 2010 analysis: Despite the high INT numbers, Eli was very consistent that year. he had 3 poor inconsistent performances, but one of those we won. But, does that fit the parameter of "eli being so inconsistent that other elite qbs arent and wont have as poor of games"???

so far, NO!

2011, as Gumby stated, awesome yr. no need to go over.

so for 4 straight yrs now up to that point, hed been consistently playing and leading the team.

2012-since the season is fresh and this is a long post, Ill just do an overview. Eli wasnt inconsistent this year, THE NYG WERE! the Balt, Atl, and Cinc games, the entire team failed. Not just Eli and really he had no shot, no other qb makes a diff those games. Eli had no shot vs Cinc DL. Nicks was often hurt or out. The game vs Balt, we had to use a 1 legged Bradshaw so he could try and protect Eli. The Atl game, the ENTIRE TEAM no showed.

even in those games, it was often Eli still trying to lead last gasps. Like vs Atl. And he kept us in those games up til half timish too. Nah. based on the prior 4 yrs, no way would I say Eli is this QB who reaches a level of inconsistency not neared by those other QBs (Brady, Brees, PManning, Rodgers) or have as poor a bad game...when in reality, each of those QBs has a handful of poor games just the same.

Eli was def. inconsistent up to the 2007 playoffs. compare his play then, to 2008/9 and on. Id say Eli is the most consistent player we have.
Further, Eli is 2nd all time with consecutive 200 yds min thrown in a game (streak ended when we blew out SF, coulda easily continued it but he doesnt pad stats which is what I really think this unwarranted criticism boils down to) and 1 of 5 QBs all time to throw for min. 3k and 20 tds a season for 6 or 7 yrs in a row (hes actually done it 9x now. dunno if outside of favre its ever been done).

those things speak to a continuing high level of consistency.

Flip Empty
05-28-2013, 11:44 PM
My god, let it go.

gumby74
05-28-2013, 11:52 PM
lol.

btw, did u see the post i made that got locked? thaks for that qb rating table. shed a lot of light when the actual game was analyzed. it looks a lot longer than it reads, dont let it scare u. an excerpt from an article and ur data table make up most the length and most of it simple stuff.

if flacco is consistent, can u quantify how eli is not? I'm just gonna go ahead and paste that post here bc I basically made it to see ur stances opinion:
Eli Manning and the inconsistency myth (long read. tried basing of facts)
But in the end, Manning deserves the spot. He's earned it by performing with incredible consistency at a high level and in the biggest of spots. He ranks behind only Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Matt Hasselbeck in passing yards among active quarterbacks, and each of those players has at least a three-year head start on him. He's fifth (behind those same four guys) in touchdown passes among active quarterbacks. Only Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees and Ben Roethlisberger among active quarterbacks have engineered more game-winning drives, and only Peyton Manning and Brady have more comeback victories.

So Eli is a top-level quarterback in terms of production (and in spite of a stubborn, lingering reputation to the contrary), but what truly sets him apart as a great player is the way he's performed during the two Super Bowl title runs the Giants have made with him under center. He has a 61.5 career completion percentage, a 17-to-8 touchdown-to-interception ratio in his 11 career playoff games and has led the team from behind to beat Bill Belichick, Brady and the New England Patriots in two separate Super Bowls. He's the unquestioned leader of his team, the calming influence which Giants players know they can count on in tough times, a key to his team's uncanny ability to handle adversity and a proven champion without whose individual performance those Super Bowl titles would not have been possible. The best quarterback in the NFC East is the most clutch quarterback in the NFL right now and is the division's best player.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-1-eli-manning

Further:A poster decided to use Eli and QB rating to indicate inconsitency. My premise isnt Eli was never inconsistent. He was early-midway thru his career. Further, I'm not even saying he isn't inconsistent. I'm saying, he's no more inconsistent than the other elite QBs. So, I'm going to start with the 2008 season (I feel he started becoming much more consistent the 2007 SB run, and further, the premise I'm arguing against is that Eli the past few yrs is still inconsistent to the point his elite peers wont ever stoop so low and that Eli's poor games (from the past few yrs, the Balt and Atl games were referenced) are poorer than his counterparts.
----------------------------
Rookie year - mulligan
62 89 102 120 70 74 51 89 39 130 79 27 63 68 71
88 111 82 102 68 80 76 28 51 59 107 97 69 41 69
113 75 63 65 86 87 78 44 72 100 33 63 88 51 32 118
74 89 83 99 32 50 61 47 59 68 85 64 21 7 75 41
93 110 106 104 158 61 47 55 112 111 65 88 130 144 75 71
87 85 77 79 89 104 11 125 88 53 117 62 59 105 63 83
2011 - awesome throughout.
94 89 110 86 103 87 78 58 41 56 114 98 99 38 78 145

QB rating for first season analyzed: 61, 47, 55, 65 (4 games total) Week 6 QB rating 61: @ NO. That was the game the D surrendered like 28 pts the 1rst quarter. I maintain, any QB could have been our starter and the result is the same. Is this game an example of Eli's inconsistency, or the teams? This was the game when we were like 5-0 or something and our first real test. ELi was lighting it up until this game. Unbiased verdict: NYG were inconsistent this week. Cannot be held against Eli unless the point is conceded that when the other elite qbs lose in blowouts in large part to the D, its held against them too.

Week 7 vs AZ QB R:47- Eli threw for 250, 1 td and 3 ints in a 24-17 loss. Def a game that can be looked at questionably in terms of, this was an inconsistent performance.

Week 8 @ Philly QB R:55- Loss 40-17. Was this the team being inconsistent, or Eli? 220 yds, 1 td and 2 ints. D was a seeve. Unbiased Verdict: Considering this is in the middle of a streak where philly owns us, the NYG were inconsistent, Eli included. D gave up 40. I submit those other elite QBs would make no difference.

Week 12 @ Denver QB R: 65- I remember this game vividly. NO ONE SHOWED UP. this was a thurs. game or a thanksgiving game iirc. No way would I say Eli's performance was a result of his inconsistency. The entire team didnt show up. That game was one of the few where I felt like I knew we'd lose so early.

Overall analysis of 2009: This was the yr the D was HORRENDOUS. Eli still helped lead the team to a .500 record. I submit there is no way in hell anyone could say that Eli displayed a level of inconsistency or poor play that his counterparts wouldnt display. I'd get into those other QBs stats, but I KNOW off the top of my head Peyton had 3 4 int games, in a row iirc and turned in some horrific performances. AR wasn't AR yet. At ALL. Up n down season. Brady, was he injured that yr? Brees, dunno off the top of my head, but iirc he had 20 something ints that yr. But I would say Eli displayed consistency, not inconsistency. esp in the face of a horrible D.

2010:

weeks 10 L @ Philly QB R 53.5- Infamous "WRS off the street game" where we still had a shot were it not for that fumble. His play was def. not this inconsistent mess. the previous 9 weeks eli had solid qb rating numbers. this is in the middle of philly owning us. Still had a shot and eli def had his moments.

Weeks 12 and 13 we won but Eli had QB R right at 60. the 62.3 @ washington was a blowout victory that I in no way would say attributes to inconsistency. we blew them out. Week 13, 59 QBR, we won @ Minn. I remember this game. run game was solid. Eli was def. inconsistent here.

Week 16 L vs GB QB R 63.6- We all remember this game. How anyone could say it was the result of elis inconsistency is beynd me. yes multiple picks, but they were garbage time. we were in it at half time, then 2 T.Os in succeeding possessions by the RBS ended it. We had no shot AS A TEAM. the D couldnt stop them aside from luck.

Overall 2010 analysis: Despite the high INT numbers, Eli was very consistent that year. he had 3 poor inconsistent performances, but one of those we won. But, does that fit the parameter of "eli being so inconsistent that other elite qbs arent and wont have as poor of games"???

so far, NO!

2011, as Gumby stated, awesome yr. no need to go over.

so for 4 straight yrs now up to that point, hed been consistently playing and leading the team.

2012-since the season is fresh and this is a long post, Ill just do an overview. Eli wasnt inconsistent this year, THE NYG WERE! the Balt, Atl, and Cinc games, the entire team failed. Not just Eli and really he had no shot, no other qb makes a diff those games. Eli had no shot vs Cinc DL. Nicks was often hurt or out. The game vs Balt, we had to use a 1 legged Bradshaw so he could try and protect Eli. The Atl game, the ENTIRE TEAM no showed.

even in those games, it was often Eli still trying to lead last gasps. Like vs Atl. And he kept us in those games up til half timish too. Nah. based on the prior 4 yrs, no way would I say Eli is this QB who reaches a level of inconsistency not neared by those other QBs (Brady, Brees, PManning, Rodgers) or have as poor a bad game...when in reality, each of those QBs has a handful of poor games just the same.

Eli was def. inconsistent up to the 2007 playoffs. compare his play then, to 2008/9 and on. Id say Eli is the most consistent player we have.
Further, Eli is 2nd all time with consecutive 200 yds min thrown in a game (streak ended when we blew out SF, coulda easily continued it but he doesnt pad stats which is what I really think this unwarranted criticism boils down to) and 1 of 5 QBs all time to throw for min. 3k and 20 tds a season for 6 or 7 yrs in a row (hes actually done it 9x now. dunno if outside of favre its ever been done).

those things speak to a continuing high level of consistency.

Listen man, you see what you want to see. I'm genuinely curious if you even think twice that you could be wrong. The proof is in the pudding. Make all the excuses you want.

The other QBs don't have excuses? Ben not having an o line in forever? Mike Wallace dropping easy passes? Mendenhall hurt? No running game? Ben having a motorcycle accident? Rodgers getting knocked around like a rag doll? No finley? No jennings? And compare his performances with his peers. If you have time, do it. It's eye opening. It really is. Most of us see it. The media sees it. But, you some how don't.

Enough with the selective stats. You conveniently ignore INTs and other things. It doesn't prove anything except that Eli is consistently average.

gumby74
05-28-2013, 11:54 PM
My god, let it go.

No it's fun.

giantsfan420
05-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Listen man, you see what you want to see. I'm genuinely curious if you even think twice that you could be wrong. The proof is in the pudding. Make all the excuses you want.

The other QBs don't have excuses? Ben not having an o line in forever? Mike Wallace dropping easy passes? Mendenhall hurt? No running game? Ben having a motorcycle accident? Rodgers getting knocked around like a rag doll? No finley? No jennings? And compare his performances with his peers. If you have time, do it. It's eye opening. It really is. Most of us see it. The media sees it. But, you some how don't.

Enough with the selective stats. You conveniently ignore INTs and other things. It doesn't prove anything except that Eli is consistently average.wtf? YOU were the one who used QB rating as ur evidence. I merely looked at the games. If you wanna say those games were bc of inconsistency, thats fine. I maintain much of those poor games, you coulda put any other elite qb in and the result would be the same. further, im wrong dozens of times a day.

and, apparently, ESPN NFC blogger disagrees with u. I didnt add that () in :Eli is a top-level quarterback in terms of production (and in spite of a stubborn, lingering reputation to the contrary),

And I really do feel like we can end it now. just wanted to see ur opinion. and that was "oh, enough of selective stats" (that u used to make UR point lmfao) and basically waiving of the white flag.
just wanted to put ur stance to bed as myth. 3 or 4 poor games a season isnt inconsistency...esp in the face of all the other accomplishments u simply cannot acheive w/o being consistent.
do u really maintain those other qbs dont have 3 or 4 poor games a yr?
the fact ud say flacco is consistent while saying eli isnt is actually a better argument for my stance than anything i've said.

ShakeandBake
05-28-2013, 11:59 PM
lol.

btw, did u see the post i made that got locked?

No we didn't see it in the first thread that was locked either, thanks for posting it a 3rd time!

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 12:01 AM
im sorry but i love having guys like MS and Gumby here. Only here could the arguments used against eli, could be used in support of flacco. so funny how Flacco is given the respect many feel eli deserves.

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 12:03 AM
im sorry but i love having guys like MS and Gumby here. Only here could the arguments used against eli, could be used in support of flacco. so funny how Flacco is given the respect many feel eli deserves.Who doesn't respect Eli?

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 12:05 AM
No we didn't see it in the first thread that was locked either, thanks for posting it a 3rd time!i made a thread, and just posted it here. thats 2. 1...2...3...(just wanna make sure. sometimes u make me wonder) and why do u pay so much attention to me. its kinda sad how u could dislike me so much when i never even converse with u or even have an idea of where u stand on a subject (bc u too almost NEVER talk football. its why every thread ur in, ur always involved with some sorta lame banter). So, maybe, go sit on a cactus? ok thanks. sorry, not in the mood today to put up with some nobody who gets off on following me around.

ShakeandBake
05-29-2013, 12:08 AM
And I really do feel like we can end it now. just wanted to see ur opinion. and that was "oh, enough of selective stats" (that u used to make UR point lmfao) and basically waiving of the white flag.
just wanted to put ur stance to bed as myth. 3 or 4 poor games a season isnt inconsistency...esp in the face of all the other accomplishments u simply cannot acheive w/o being consistent.
the fact ud say flacco is consistent while saying eli isnt is actually a better argument for my stance than anything i've said.

So using yardage and touchdowns as the basis for your argument is not being selective in the stats that you are using to support your claim? Quarterback rating isn't flawless, but it is certainly a better indicator than just touchdowns and yardage alone.

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Who doesn't respect Eli?who said what ur claiming? man, u try so hard to like, make someone have a negative issue? i dunno its foriegn to me. I said, flacco given the respect many feel eli deserves.

a few pages ago, MS made a post about Flacco and his success being unprecedented (when its almost exactly similar to eli if not lesser than) and Gumby saying Flacco is consistent. (edit-not calling out them at all. just explaining how I enjoy how debates get started here. Rudy misattributed a point to me so I had to clarify)
besides, i said i enjoy it. bc i do. no offense, ur whole deal...not so much. at least they talk football a majority of the time. clicking on ur username and viewing forum posts, I cant tell if its a GMB. eh, i better just add to the ignore list. my bad if im being rude, its just, especially in regards to ur recent comments to me, its always of the above type nature. peace

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 12:10 AM
So using yardage and touchdowns as the basis for your argument is not being selective in the stats that you are using to support your claim? Quarterback rating isn't flawless, but it is certainly a better indicator than just touchdowns and yardage alone.im not even discussing yard or td. that was just an accomplishment he achieved.

i know u got this hard rage for me, but all i did, was use HIS argument, and go in depth. the blue QB ratings he listed, i actually looked up the game and how the game played out.

so funny. dunno how, well i do actually, u could say the above. not worth it. no offense, its just a waste of time discussing anything with u. peace.

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Who doesn't respect Eli?
im sorry but i love having guys like MS and Gumby here. Only here could the arguments used against eli, could be used in support of flacco. so funny how Flacco is given the respect many feel eli deserves.
who said what ur claiming? man, u try so hard to like, make someone have a negative issue? i dunno its foriegn to me. I said, flacco given the respect many feel eli deserves.a few pages ago, MS made a post about Flacco and his success being unprecedented (when its almost exactly similar to eli if not lesser than) and Gumby saying Flacco is consistent. (edit-not calling out them at all. just explaining how I enjoy how debates get started here. Rudy misattributed a point to me so I had to clarify)besides, i said i enjoy it. bc i do. no offense, ur whole deal...not so much. at least they talk football a majority of the time. clicking on ur username and viewing forum posts, I cant tell if its a GMB. eh, i better just add to the ignore list. my bad if im being rude, its just, especially in regards to ur recent comments to me, its always of the above type nature. peaceYou said "so funny how Flacco is given the respect many feel eli deserves". So...who doesn't respect Eli?

ShakeandBake
05-29-2013, 12:16 AM
i made a thread, and just posted it here. thats 2. 1...2...3...(just wanna make sure. sometimes u make me wonder) and why do u pay so much attention to me. its kinda sad how u could dislike me so much when i never even converse with u or even have an idea of where u stand on a subject (bc u too almost NEVER talk football. its why every thread ur in, ur always involved with some sorta lame banter). So, maybe, go sit on a cactus? ok thanks. sorry, not in the mood today to put up with some nobody who gets off on following me around.

You really are a riot, I don't follow you around, its just that every thread you participate in that has anything to do with Eli inevitably ends up being locked. You routinely ruin threads for the rest of the people on these boards that actually have a rational opinion on the subject. Last night you posted the same thing in a thread that ended up being locked, thought it was a good idea to make a thread about it which was locked, and here you are again posting the same thing(1+1+1=3). Hmm I wonder what the result will be this time?

ShakeandBake
05-29-2013, 12:24 AM
im not even discussing yard or td. that was just an accomplishment he achieved.

i know u got this hard rage for me, but all i did, was use HIS argument, and go in depth. the blue QB ratings he listed, i actually looked up the game and how the game played out.

so funny. dunno how, well i do actually, u could say the above. not worth it. no offense, its just a waste of time discussing anything with u. peace.

Yes you were making arguments like "He is 1 of 5 QBs who has thrown for over 20 TDs and 3000 yards in the last 7 years" in support of him being a great quarterback, while conveniently neglecting interceptions, fumbles and any other negative stat lines he had over that same time period. Then you go an attack other people while accusing them of using selective stats like QBR to support theirs. This has been pointed out numerous times bu numerous posters, yet all you've had to say in defense of this is something along the lines of "lmao you are biased and hate Eli".

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 12:44 AM
just bc im a glutton for punishment:

saying "flacco getting the respect many feel eli deserves" or however I worded it, doesnt mean im saying anyone doesnt respect eli. it means, they're giving flacco the respect i feel eli warrants.

and shakenbake-1- He IS 1 of 5 qbs all time to do so. its a friggin accomplishment lmfao didnt know we had to know the ints for all 5 qbs...are u friggin serious lmfao. 2-Gumby was the one who posted the data table. At 1:30 ish AM i finished making the post, which I went to create thread immediately. that thread got locked having nothing to do with me. i actually believe it was ur and 4thand1. but cant be sure, ask the mod if u want.
and to be fair, gumby is the one claiming im biased. but i do lmao frequently, but thats in thanks to u.
that will be the last interaction. take care. peace.

edit- im sorry i have to edit to add haha. shakenbake, so ur saying whenever discussing an accolade of a player, if u dont list said players negatives, that its selective? still dunno if its as funny as u claiming im using selective stats when I literally used the stats gumby cited.

Buddy333
05-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Actually, I think Flacco is a consistent QB. Just consistently average. Or above average.How inconsistent can he be when he has a better post season record than Eli? Think his post season numbers get better every year as well.

rebelfan1966
05-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Archie prefers Eli over Peyton ....... that would have been news..... lol

gumby74
05-29-2013, 08:30 AM
who said what ur claiming? man, u try so hard to like, make someone have a negative issue? i dunno its foriegn to me. I said, flacco given the respect many feel eli deserves.

a few pages ago, MS made a post about Flacco and his success being unprecedented (when its almost exactly similar to eli if not lesser than) and Gumby saying Flacco is consistent. (edit-not calling out them at all. just explaining how I enjoy how debates get started here. Rudy misattributed a point to me so I had to clarify)
besides, i said i enjoy it. bc i do. no offense, ur whole deal...not so much. at least they talk football a majority of the time. clicking on ur username and viewing forum posts, I cant tell if its a GMB. eh, i better just add to the ignore list. my bad if im being rude, its just, especially in regards to ur recent comments to me, its always of the above type nature. peace

You don't read. I said Flacco was consistently average to above average. If anything I'm propping Eli up as I think he's a much better QB.

Flip Empty
05-29-2013, 08:40 AM
No it's fun.
For the handful of people participating in it - sure. For everyone else, these go-nowhere arguments just **** up thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread.

Same opinions; same rebuttals; same mangled English; same result.

Neither side is going to alter its viewpoint so the debate will never end.

Fun.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 08:42 AM
who said what ur claiming? man, u try so hard to like, make someone have a negative issue? i dunno its foriegn to me. I said, flacco given the respect many feel eli deserves.

What I said was that a QB who reached the playoffs in every season as a pro and won at least one playoff game in every season as well was unprecedented.
Don't put words in my mouth son.
I made sure to say it all in one sentence so even you wouldn't be confused by it. I guess I overrated you on that one.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 08:49 AM
You don't read. I said Flacco was consistently average to above average. If anything I'm propping Eli up as I think he's a much better QB.
Here are the raw numbers and you all can make your own conclusions.

Joe Flacco (5 years) annual averages. 3526 yards 20 TD's 11 Int's. .675 winning % 9 playoff wins 1 SB win.

Eli Manning (9 years) annual averages. 3507 yards 23 TD's, 16 Int's. .578 winning % 8 playoff wins 2 SB wins.

I'm not suggesting one is better than the other. I am suggesting that for Canty to favor Flacco is hardly laughable as son suggest.

And its a good thing I didn't compare Eli's 1st 5 years to Flacco's first 5. It wouldn't have been this close.

Buddy333
05-29-2013, 08:53 AM
People think Eli does not get respect. Lol. Look at Flacco.

gumby74
05-29-2013, 08:56 AM
wtf? YOU were the one who used QB rating as ur evidence. I merely looked at the games. If you wanna say those games were bc of inconsistency, thats fine. I maintain much of those poor games, you coulda put any other elite qb in and the result would be the same. further, im wrong dozens of times a day.

and, apparently, ESPN NFC blogger disagrees with u. I didnt add that () in :Eli is a top-level quarterback in terms of production (and in spite of a stubborn, lingering reputation to the contrary),

1) I'm not arguing Eli productivity. I don't think any one here is arguing that Eli isn't productive. We're talking about his consistency. I have no idea where you got that we're talking about his productivity.
2) 3-4 bad games a season? Do you want to look at those QB ratings again? That's whole lot of numbers below 60. And when he's bad, he's REALLY bad. Ben has gone almost entire seasons without having a bad game, let alone Brees, Brady, etc. So really, compare those numbers to other QBs. I dare you.
3) You don't need consistency to be productive. You have a RB who rushes for 100 yards and 2 TDs. Productive? Yes. Consistent? Not if he has rushes for 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, 10, 20, and 40.
4) I said Flacco was consistently average/above average. Please read.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 08:59 AM
1) I'm not arguing that Eli is not productive. I don't think any one here is arguing that Eli isn't productive. We're talking about his consistency. I have no idea where you got that we're talking about his productivity.
2) 3-4 bad games a season? Do you want to look at those QB ratings again? That's whole lot of numbers below 60. And when he's bad, he's REALLY bad. Ben has gone almost entire seasons without having a bad game, let alone Brees, Brady, etc. So really, compare those numbers to other QBs. I dare you.
3) You don't need consistency to be productive. You have a RB who rushes for 100 yards and 2 TDs. Productive? Yes. Consistent? Not if he has rushes for 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, 10, 20, and 40.
4) I said Flacco was consistently average/above average.

Forget the "average" part. He is consistently very good to outstanding. He wins, protects the ball, throws for a lot of yards and wins big games.
There is nothing close to "average" in that.

gumby74
05-29-2013, 09:04 AM
How inconsistent can he be when he has a better post season record than Eli? Think his post season numbers get better every year as well.

I attribute post season success to the team. I don't watch Flacco a whole lot - only when the Ravens play the Steelers. But what I get from Flacco is that, he's not going to blow you away and take over a game. He's also not going to do a lot of stupid stuff to lose you the game either. I guess what I'm saying is that he's a glorified game manager. You know what you're going to get from him game in and game out.

gumby74
05-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Forget the "average" part. He is consistently very good to outstanding. He wins, protects the ball, throws for a lot of yards and wins big games.
There is nothing close to "average" in that.

Yeah I think average/above average was a little harsh. I'd go with "very good", but no more than that. But the 2 are definitely comparable. I still think Eli is much better, but if people want to think Flacco is, they'd have a point.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah I think average/above average was a little harsh. I'd go with "very good", but no more than that. But the 2 are definitely comparable. I still think Eli is much better, but if people want to think Flacco is, they'd have a point.
I think they're pretty similar. I do think that Flacco has more natural ability.
And for a guy to go from the University of Delaware to the NFL as seamlessly as he did is pretty noteworthy. Our guy was groomed from birth to play QB in the NFL and look how horrible he was his first year.
I never thought of Flacco as a top QB because he didn't put up big numbers, but when you look at them, and combine that with his record of winning, its actually pretty impressive.

jomo
05-29-2013, 09:22 AM
I think they're pretty similar. I do think that Flacco has more natural ability.
And for a guy to go from the University of Delaware to the NFL as seamlessly as he did is pretty noteworthy. Our guy was groomed from birth to play QB in the NFL and look how horrible he was his first year.
I never thought of Flacco as a top QB because he didn't put up big numbers, but when you look at them, and combine that with his record of winning, its actually pretty impressive.Eli doesn't have a running back like Rice that can turn a dump off pass into a 40 yard gain.

Buddy333
05-29-2013, 09:33 AM
I attribute post season success to the team. I don't watch Flacco a whole lot - only when the Ravens play the Steelers. But what I get from Flacco is that, he's not going to blow you away and take over a game. He's also not going to do a lot of stupid stuff to lose you the game either. I guess what I'm saying is that he's a glorified game manager. You know what you're going to get from him game in and game out.He won't put up the numbers of the elite but like you said, he doesn't lose games either. Not his fault that two years ago his man dropped a TD and then the kicker missed a chip shot. He did what he had to do to get his team in position to go to the Super Bowl.

Moke
05-29-2013, 10:04 AM
I just like Flacco's ability to get out of the pocket. He LOOKS a bit quicker than Eli.

Please don't give me 40 times either.

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 10:09 AM
I just like Flacco's ability to get out of the pocket. He LOOKS a bit quicker than Eli. Please don't give me 40 times either.I think he is quicker than Eli. Not SUPER fast, but noticeably quicker.

Buddy333
05-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Eli doesn't have a running back like Rice that can turn a dump off pass into a 40 yard gain.Wow! How soon people forget about Jacobs and Bradshaw.

Moke
05-29-2013, 10:12 AM
I think he is quicker than Eli. Not SUPER fast, but noticeably quicker.

Exactly

Moke
05-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Wow! How soon people forget about Jacobs and Bradshaw.

You're comparing them to Ray Rice? lol

Buddy333
05-29-2013, 10:14 AM
You're comparing them to Ray Rice? lolThey where very much a part of both runs. Even though they didn't win in 2008 they had the best running game in the league.

jomo
05-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Wow! How soon people forget about Jacobs and Bradshaw.Assuming that you are joking here. Neither of our guys had good hands and neither was very good after the catch (when they didn't drop it). You'd have to go back to the boy wonder to find a Giants back who could do something in the passing game. And even he wasn't nearly as good as Rice.

Moke
05-29-2013, 10:17 AM
They where very much a part of both runs. Even though they didn't win in 2008 they had the best running game in the league.

Lol okay

Buddy333
05-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Assuming that you are joking here. Neither of our guys had good hands and neither was very good after the catch (when they didn't drop it). You'd have to go back to the boy wonder to find a Giants back who could do something in the passing game. And even he wasn't nearly as good as Rice.Ok, and Jacobs and Bradshaw where the two best blocking RB's in the league so advantage Eli.

Buddy333
05-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Lol okayYou dispute that?

Moke
05-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Assuming that you are joking here. Neither of our guys had good hands and neither was very good after the catch (when they didn't drop it). You'd have to go back to the boy wonder to find a Giants back who could do something in the passing game. And even he wasn't nearly as good as Rice.

Ok, and Jacobs and Bradshaw where the two best blocking RB's in the league so advantage Eli.

You dispute that?

After that ^^, I cant' take you seriously.

jomo
05-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Ok, and Jacobs and Bradshaw where the two best blocking RB's in the league so advantage Eli.We are truly blessed. Imagine having not one but THE TWO best blocking running backs in the league. I need to digest that one. lol

Buddy333
05-29-2013, 11:06 AM
We are truly blessed. Imagine having not one but THE TWO best blocking running backs in the league. I need to digest that one. lolYeah blocking is so over rated.

gumby74
05-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Jacobs couldn't catch. Watching him catch was like me trying to catch with 2 hams as hands.

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 11:15 AM
wow. MS, 1-if Eli n Flacco are so comparable, why is it I cant recall you ever using ur supporting arguments for Flacco on Eli? Ive seen posters make posts exactly like the 1 where u list Flaccos #s in his first 5 yrs, and u completely disqualify and discount the poster doing so in support of Eli.

2-This is why, imo, ur stance is often unfair. You apply one set of standards for, and a diff. set of standards for others. Ask any intelligent person on the subject (flacco), which is obviously not you, and they'd tell you Flacco has been the model of inconsistency and questionable ability his first 4-5 yrs. You REALLY think Balt would let their franchise "elite" qb enter his final yr under contract without ANY sort of negotiations and certainty that hes even the guy they want @ QB. Balt has had a top D unit every season Flaccos been a starter, AND, a top rated run game. I'd understand you ranking Flacco so favorably, he's a diff. version of Big Ben. The same things that support Ben and his play could be understood for Flacco, BUT, there is ZERO doubt in my mind that we would be nowhere near as good with Flacco, OR even Ben as our QB over Eli.
We've constantly had 1 of the WOSRST ranked Ds and run games, kinda the opposite of Flacco and Ben, and yet, Eli is still more productive and successful.

I mean this is a PERFECT example of knee jerk reactions and unfounded opinions. before the playoffs this yr, no way would u rank flacco so favorably. Id bet u prob have even discussed him and id bet ur opinion changed dramatically after the SB win.

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 11:19 AM
if flacco doesnt win the SB, theres good chance that balt wouldnt even re-sign him. Flacco has some #'s that are straight "WTFrank" terrible. Lol. Again, I dunno how much better an argument I could make against ur stance than to use Flacco as this example of a consistent, top flight QB his first 5 yrs...lmao. Just completely uneducated on the subject.

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 11:20 AM
lol, just looked at his #s...WOW. talk about inconsistent...but of course, ah forget it too funny. if u pick eli over any of the accepted "elite" qbs, ur an idiot or some lame insult. BUT, flacco over eli, hey, thats more than justifiable...lmfao. so biased.

gumby74
05-29-2013, 11:44 AM
lol, just looked at his #s...WOW. talk about inconsistent...but of course, ah forget it too funny. if u pick eli over any of the accepted "elite" qbs, ur an idiot or some lame insult. BUT, flacco over eli, hey, thats more than justifiable...lmfao. so biased.

I retract the statement when I said Flacco was consistently average. Granted, he's only his 5th year, but the dude IS inconsistent.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM
wow. MS, 1-if Eli n Flacco are so comparable, why is it I cant recall you ever using ur supporting arguments for Flacco on Eli? Ive seen posters make posts exactly like the 1 where u list Flaccos #s in his first 5 yrs, and u completely disqualify and discount the poster doing so in support of Eli.

2-This is why, imo, ur stance is often unfair. You apply one set of standards for, and a diff. set of standards for others. Ask any intelligent person on the subject (flacco), which is obviously not you, and they'd tell you Flacco has been the model of inconsistency and questionable ability his first 4-5 yrs. You REALLY think Balt would let their franchise "elite" qb enter his final yr under contract without ANY sort of negotiations and certainty that hes even the guy they want @ QB. Balt has had a top D unit every season Flaccos been a starter, AND, a top rated run game. I'd understand you ranking Flacco so favorably, he's a diff. version of Big Ben. The same things that support Ben and his play could be understood for Flacco, BUT, there is ZERO doubt in my mind that we would be nowhere near as good with Flacco, OR even Ben as our QB over Eli.
We've constantly had 1 of the WOSRST ranked Ds and run games, kinda the opposite of Flacco and Ben, and yet, Eli is still more productive and successful.

I mean this is a PERFECT example of knee jerk reactions and unfounded opinions. before the playoffs this yr, no way would u rank flacco so favorably. Id bet u prob have even discussed him and id bet ur opinion changed dramatically after the SB win.
All I did was post the numbers 420. I said you can draw your own conclusions.
So instead of drawing conclusions about the 2 players and stating your view, you decide to draw conclusions about me and my intentions. (which is hardly relevant to this discussion).

I do agree that Flacco has not been as consistent as many other QB's. But no one is as up and down as our guy.

MattMeyerBud
05-29-2013, 12:26 PM
I retract the statement when I said Flacco was consistently average. Granted, he's only his 5th year, but the dude IS inconsistent.

biggest problem with Flacco was Cam Cameron and earlier on in his career it was a lack of weapons.

Flacco is legit and have been saying it for two years now, but im still taking Eli 10 out of 10

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 12:29 PM
biggest problem with Flacco was Cam Cameron and earlier on in his career it was a lack of weapons.

Flacco is legit and have been saying it for two years now, but im still taking Eli 10 out of 10
Yes but you're not legit so there......

ShakeandBake
05-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes but you're not legit so there......

lmao rofl, can we hear from someone with an unbiased opinion please?

gumby74
05-29-2013, 12:38 PM

We'll see what happens the next few years. For me, Eli was better in year 5 of his career than Flacco mainly because Eli could turn it on in the final 2 minutes and score. The other 56 minutes is close (when Eli was in the 5th year of his career).

ShakeandBake
05-29-2013, 12:51 PM
We'll see what happens the next few years. For me, Eli was better in year 5 of his career than Flacco mainly because Eli could turn it on in the final 2 minutes and score. The other 56 minutes is close (when Eli was in the 5th year of his career).

I don't know hoe Joe performed game to game(haven't seen every Raven regular season game) but overall his stat line is comparable to Eli's especially if you're looking at Eli's first 5 years in the league. It's pretty clear that the argument for Joe being a legit quarterback is at least debatable at this point in his career. Eli has 9 years now under his belt versus Joe's 5, so saying which one is better at this point is just a matter of opinion, arguing either way isn't outlandish but I'll take the guy who has proven to be clutch at the end of the game.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 01:02 PM
lmao rofl, can we hear from someone with an unbiased opinion please?
Tust me....Matt would walk over hot coals for Good 'Ol Morehead.

ShakeandBake
05-29-2013, 01:04 PM

Blatant bias

EliDaMANning
05-29-2013, 01:15 PM
lol, just looked at his #s...WOW. talk about inconsistent...but of course, ah forget it too funny. if u pick eli over any of the accepted "elite" qbs, ur an idiot or some lame insult. BUT, flacco over eli, hey, thats more than justifiable...lmfao. so biased.Don't you know, Eli was carried by his team his entire career but Flacco is the man!! Forget about his defense which consists of HOF players, or Ray Rice does just about everything for them, forget about the countless times Baltimore wanted him out, forget about all that. Flacco did something that was "unprecedented," win a SB by himself baby!!

Kruunch
05-29-2013, 01:23 PM

Can we really trust someone who misspells the word "trust"?

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Don't you know, Eli was carried by his team his entire career but Flacco is the man!! Forget about his defense which consists of HOF players, or Ray Rice does just about everything for them, forget about the countless times Baltimore wanted him out, forget about all that. Flacco did something that was "unprecedented," win a SB by himself baby!!
More positive contribution to the conversation by our little friend.

Didn't you get banned?

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Can we really trust someone who misspells the word "trust"?
You could have just fixed it and left it there.......

Kruunch
05-29-2013, 01:32 PM
You could have just fixed it and left it there.......

It's like you don't even know me. *sniff* :(

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 01:34 PM
It's like you don't even know me. *sniff* :(
...But I want to.......

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't think one is significantly better than the other. I would still rather take Eli. Joe Flacco is good, but he is just as inconsistent.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't think one is significantly better than the other. I would still rather take Eli. Joe Flacco is good, but he is just as inconsistent.
Flacco has had his inconsistency...no doubt.
But our guy's highs and lows are pretty much unprecedented.

That's right all you Morehead haters (its really just one guy) I said "unprecedented".

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Flacco has had his inconsistency...no doubt.But our guy's highs and lows are pretty much unprecedented.That's right all you Morehead haters (its really just one guy) I said "unprecedented".Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!Lol

EliDaMANning
05-29-2013, 01:41 PM

Didn't you get banned?Take it easy, YOLO!

EliMVP-NYG
05-29-2013, 01:47 PM

That's right all you Morehead haters (its really just one guy) I said "unprecedented".

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

We are not all the same person, and I personally do not hate you but I can't speak for the others....

gumby74
05-29-2013, 01:49 PM

Didn't you get banned?

I hope not. I'm quite fond of him and his band of merry men.

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Don't you know, Eli was carried by his team his entire career but Flacco is the man!! Forget about his defense which consists of HOF players, or Ray Rice does just about everything for them, forget about the countless times Baltimore wanted him out, forget about all that. Flacco did something that was "unprecedented," win a SB by himself baby!!lol.

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 01:52 PM
I hope not. I'm quite fond of him and his band of merry men.We need to name them the Backstreet Boys.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 01:53 PM
We are not all the same person, and I personally do not hate you but I can't speak for the others....
I wasn't even thinking of you.
So I have to add you to the list??

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 01:53 PM
We need to name them the Backstreet Boys.
You mean Backstreet boy.

EliMVP-NYG
05-29-2013, 01:54 PM
I wasn't even thinking of you.
So I have to add you to the list??

You have grouped me with "them" once before that's why I assumed you were referring to me as well. Add away if you must.

Kruunch
05-29-2013, 01:54 PM

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Are you STILL talking about Simms? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 01:55 PM
lol

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 01:55 PM
You have grouped me with "them" once before that's why I assumed you were referring to me as well. Add away if you must.
So what do you think of the Mod's?

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 01:58 PM
You mean Backstreet boy.LOL oh yeah

EliMVP-NYG
05-29-2013, 01:58 PM
So what do you think of the Mod's?

Hahahahaha!!!!!

I should just give in and start typing like a 5 year old.....

ShakeandBake
05-29-2013, 01:59 PM
You mean Backstreet boy.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVCYyF-fXomZUI1NxcPGOyypxxjKxo_jbbNdnaWLyl0NQaOyMRTw

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 02:00 PM
for how the mods try and keep order around here, do we really have to go through this same bs everyday? the mocking of posters and not even discussing football. granted, some are wayyyyy worse than others, but is this kinda thing really that funny to u guys? i dont find it funny most the time, i find it kinda pathetic. this thread has obviously run its course (anytime the backstreet boys are mentioned, its kinda apparent). onto the next one.

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 02:04 PM
for how the mods try and keep order around here, do we really have to go through this same bs everyday? the mocking of posters and not even discussing football. granted, some are wayyyyy worse than others, but is this kinda thing really that funny to u guys? i dont find it funny most the time, i find it kinda pathetic. this thread has obviously run its course (anytime the backstreet boys are mentioned, its kinda apparent). onto the next one."I waaaantttt it thaaat wayyyy!"

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 02:07 PM
So are we in agreement that Canty was not out of line at all to say he preferred his own teammate?

ShakeandBake
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM
So are we in agreement that Canty was not out of line at all to say he preferred his own teammate?

I think that is the general consensus.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 02:09 PM
I think that is the general consensus.
Even....."you know who"?

ShakeandBake
"I waaaantttt it thaaat wayyyy!"

Thanks for getting that terrible song stuck in my head

Morehead State
Thanks for getting that terrible song stuck in my head
Believe it or not...they were after my time.

ShakeandBake
Even....."you know who"?

I don't think Voldemort would care either way

speedman
05-29-2013, 03:09 PM
All I did was post the numbers 420. I said you can draw your own conclusions.
So instead of drawing conclusions about the 2 players and stating your view, you decide to draw conclusions about me and my intentions. (which is hardly relevant to this discussion).

I do agree that Flacco has not been as consistent as many other QB's. But no one is as up and down as our guy.Would you rather have Flacco than Eli on our team?

Die-Hard
05-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.
-Francis Quarles

Thats all I'm gonna say. I suggest that you guys think about it before continuing in the direction this thread is taking.

Rudyy
05-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Word up Die-Hard! Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Flacco plays next season. Eli wasn't really dubbed "elite" until after his second Super Bowl.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Would you rather have Flacco than Eli on our team?
No.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.
-Francis Quarles

Thats all I'm gonna say. I suggest that you guys think about it before continuing in the direction this thread is taking.
Its an "Eli vs. whoever" thread.
What do you think is going to happen.
"Those" people (person) come out and its all over.

But for your sake....I'll be big.

gumby74
05-29-2013, 04:21 PM
There are certain user ids that are blatant trolls. I personally find them pretty funny as I think trolls are a necessity in a forum environment, but recent Eli threads have all been derailed by "them". This was a perfectly civil conversation until the end.

Die-Hard
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
There are certain user ids that are blatant trolls. I personally find them pretty funny as I think trolls are a necessity in a forum environment, but recent Eli threads have all been derailed by "them". This was a perfectly civil conversation until the end.

I have found no evidence of what you're suggesting, which is not to say it isn't true, but why continue to point fingers and make accusations instead of simply keeping threads problem free? I mean, so what if someone has a couple of accounts? I fail to see what the big deal is, as long as they aren't causing any real damage. I check a lot of threads, and when I see someone "blatantly trolling", I take care of it

Am I missing these blatant trolls, or do I have a different definition of a blatant troll?

I hardly ever see any of you who are complaining about this reporting any of the posts. I cant even begin to tell you how much easier it makes our jobs when people report the specific posts with these violations, instead of expecting us to dig through each and every post to find this phantom activity. I'm not suggesting that you report every tiny little thing that gets your dander up, bvecause thats not going to solve a thing. Having someone getting on your nerves is not neccessarily against the rules. You guys have to do your part too, and you can do that by not involving yourselves when conversations take a wrong turn. Dont elevate the problem by firing back when someone takes a shot at you. Report the post, and let us handle it. It really is that simple.

gumby74
05-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I have found no evidence of what you're suggesting, which is not to say it isn't true, but why continue to point fingers and make accusations instead of simply keeping threads problem free? I mean, so what if someone has a couple of accounts? I fail to see what the big deal is, as long as they aren't causing any real damage. I check a lot of threads, and when I see someone "blatantly trolling", I take care of it

Am I missing these blatant trolls, or do I have a different definition of a blatant troll?

I hardly ever see any of you who are complaining about this reporting any of the posts. I cant even begin to tell you how much easier it makes our jobs when people report the specific posts with these violations, instead of expecting us to dig through each and every post to find this phantom activity. I'm not suggesting that you report every tiny little thing that gets your dander up, bvecause thats not going to solve a thing. Having someone getting on your nerves is not neccessarily against the rules. You guys have to do your part too, and you can do that by not involving yourselves when conversations take a wrong turn. Dont elevate the problem by firing back when someone takes a shot at you. Report the post, and let us handle it. It really is that simple.

Oh. I don't report them, because it doesn't bother me. I'm also not complaining. Just an observation.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 09:02 PM

I completely understand your point and in general it would not bother me. In this guy's case he pushes hard (like calling Mod's scumbags) because he knows he can just use another account.
And generally the stalking isn't too bad but when he shows up, threads immediately go downhill.
But I'll deal with it the best I can. There are worse things in the world but I would miss the MB's since I live in Mass. and its the only forum to talk about the Giants. Which is what its supposed to be for.

Roosevelt
05-29-2013, 09:55 PM
I would simply remove the problem poster/s and let this place get back to normal. It's long overdue and very obvious where the trouble lies.

Morehead State
05-29-2013, 10:10 PM
I would simply remove the problem poster/s and let this place get back to normal. It's long overdue and very obvious where the trouble lies.
It will never get back to normal Rosie. This IS the new normal.
Its like Congress right now. All it takes is a few bad actors to wreck everything.

NYGcolbert
05-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Manning#10 already has two Super Bowls nuff said and he already proved he can carry this team on his back with it without a defense so manning#10 is better in my book.

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 10:31 PM
I would simply remove the problem poster/s and let this place get back to normal. It's long overdue and very obvious where the trouble lies.i completely agree.

and in terms of the OP. theres nothing wrong with Cantys opinion per se. The problem lies within him making such a statement, not even a month in to his stay with Balt, not even having gone to battle with Flacco. The comment just seems disingenuous bc he claimed eli over romo when he was a giant, and now flacco over eli as a raven.
i think a few sports analysts have summed it up best when they said that maybe canty shouldnt have even entertained the question just yet and that it seemed to be way more a PR type move with his teammates than a general opinion. And, athletes have to do that really. Rudy Gay made a comment about being traded to the Raptors, that of course it wasnt his top choice, but u have to ingrain urself with ur teammates, so of course he started the "this is the best place for me" campaign.

really, for me, its not so much canty saying it, its the yokels who actually believe that the comment has any merit or use it for the purpose of cage rattling.

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 10:35 PM
and, when Canty made that comment about Eli over Romo, iirc, he made that statement like 2 or 3 yrs into playing with Eli. He had actually played with both and gone to war with both. whether that makes it valid or more valid, thats a personal opinion. but how could he know of flacco to the extent of eli? bc of one game (in which his D got leveled) ? just doesnt seem credible.

so, then it becomes, if hes basing his opinion on evidence that is available to fans (watching ESPN, highlights, etc) and not as a player (how could it be as a player? 1 game experience as an opponent in which the D was horrendous?)

And if thats the case, his opinion is as worthless to me as some of the ones found here.

giantsfan420
05-29-2013, 10:42 PM
lastly, canty cites flaccos long ball as the reasoning for choosing Flacco. I wish he could clarify more, bc iirc, Eli has been the superior QB in that regard, aside from maybe a recent 3 or 4 game streak.
Eli's consistently been atop the statistical rankings in terms of the long ball. he posted absolutely ridic stats on passes of 20 yds or more. So, I wish he would have went a bit more in detail, what about flacco throwing the bomb makes him stand out over eli...

but besides all that, if canty woulda said this 1 yr from today, i doubt anyone would question the veracity of the comment.

Morehead State
05-30-2013, 08:31 AM
i completely agree.

and in terms of the OP. theres nothing wrong with Cantys opinion per se. The problem lies within him making such a statement, not even a month in to his stay with Balt, not even having gone to battle with Flacco. The comment just seems disingenuous bc he claimed eli over romo when he was a giant, and now flacco over eli as a raven.
i think a few sports analysts have summed it up best when they said that maybe canty shouldnt have even entertained the question just yet and that it seemed to be way more a PR type move with his teammates than a general opinion. And, athletes have to do that really. Rudy Gay made a comment about being traded to the Raptors, that of course it wasnt his top choice, but u have to ingrain urself with ur teammates, so of course he started the "this is the best place for me" campaign.

really, for me, its not so much canty saying it, its the yokels who actually believe that the comment has any merit or use it for the purpose of cage rattling.

You agree? He's talking about guys like you. Are you that detached from reality?

And you need to let go of this Canty thing. Its no big deal and its absolutely the right thing to support your new team and teammate.

All you guys crack me up.

GameTime
05-30-2013, 09:04 AM
who ****ing cares...
geeze.......... some of you guys are nuts.

EliDaMANning
05-30-2013, 09:24 AM
You agree? He's talking about guys like you. Are you that detached from reality?

And you need to let go of this Canty thing. Its no big deal and its absolutely the right thing to support your new team and teammate.

All you guys crack me up.He makes a valid point so why are you attacking him? It looks like YOU are the problem.

Morehead State
05-30-2013, 09:30 AM
He makes a valid point so why are you attacking him? It looks like YOU are the problem.
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

Roosevelt
05-30-2013, 10:00 AM

All you guys crack me up.

How crazy is that MS?

All anyone here needs to know is that in the history of this message board there is only one Giants player, past or present that cannot be discussed or skill-set debated. Seriously, how many locked threads have there been?

Buddy333
05-30-2013, 10:09 AM
If Canty had said he liked Romo better than Eli when he came here how would that have gone over?

fansince69
05-30-2013, 10:10 AM
All I can say is...WOW

Rudyy
05-30-2013, 10:15 AM
If Canty had said he liked Romo better than Eli when he came here how would that have gone over?You really need an answer for that?

Roosevelt
05-30-2013, 10:20 AM
If Canty had said he liked Romo better than Eli when he came here how would that have gone over?

The trouble I and I'm sure a few others had when Canty said that he preferred Eli to Romo was that I didn't feel he was emphatic enough.

Buddy333
05-30-2013, 10:35 AM
You really need an answer for that?Apparently some do.

Morehead State
05-30-2013, 10:53 AM
How crazy is that MS?

All anyone here needs to know is that in the history of this message board there is only one Giants player, past or present that cannot be discussed or skill-set debated. Seriously, how many locked threads have there been?
What word comes to mind Rosie?..........

Oh yeah....."Oblivious".

You gotta love him though.

giantsfan420
05-30-2013, 01:13 PM

All you guys crack me up.dude,u go around accusing 4 diff people of being the same person. this little "im innocent" spiel is complete bs. he was talking about you imo. i challenge u to actually view reality, and go back and read thru this thread again. 4thand1 started making posts that were not ur opinion, u started ur spiel of tiptoeing the whiteline, 4thand1 obviously got defensive, and take off. u constantly instigate people by telling them their opinions are worthless or garbage spewn etc etc. and most of us have just learned to honestly ignore u. gets kinda tough when u start attacking people and insulting them.
and diehard responded to U guys about how thats not going on, and why are you guys attacking people anyways.
honestly, its so lame here. people like arent coming here to talk football, theyre coming here to get their cliques together and off and running. its a group of the SAME posters, over...and over...with the making fun of others and accusing others.

again, apologies if this is out of line or uncalled for. but I just am not gonna let u sit there and pretend like ur not as much, if not moreso, that issue. i always find it telling, these posters, me included, almost NEVER get into it with anyone aside from u. sure, a quick quip here and there, and then the obligatory ignore add. but u go around calling people with similar opinions of eli the same person, so much so other people actually believe its true, and u think thats innocent? u think automatically devaluing someone bc of ur accusations is innocent?

giantsfan420
05-30-2013, 01:21 PM
back to the OP, had to give in and respond to MS instigation tactics.

what canty said, isnt wrong or incorrect. its disingenuous. How could he possibly KNOW that to be true, 1 month in as a Raven, without ONE game going to battle together.

when canty said eli over romo, he had been a giant for 3 yrs.

u cant see the difference in that? and even when canty made that comment, people were still debating the merits just as the are now. u guys like to act like if someone disagrees with ANY of ur premises, its bc of this homer driven insanity...nah. people just disagree with u, and dont care enough to try and satisfy their ego into MAKING others agree with them like some sorta dictator.

again, and i agree with a bunch of sportswriters and analysts, of course canty has to ingrain himself with balt. no one disputes that. and, no one even really cares he said that. its just questionable is all , and that def has merits.

again, what about the longball does canty think flaccos better than eli, when the stats for the majority of the past 5 yrs say otherwise?
how does canty base his stance? from the 1 game he played vs him in whcih his D was destroyed? hardly seems like thats a fair way to come to such a conclusion.

and, if then, he is basing it on avenues that are available to fans, ie ESPN, NFLN, highlights etc etc...his opinion is no better than an avg fans, and about as worthless too

giantsfan420
05-30-2013, 01:24 PM
honest question, do you feel having spent 1 offseason month is grounds to publically declare one player over another, without sounding biased? Problem isnt so much with Canty, its with the slack jawed yokels acting like this is some revelation that finally proves elis worth or using the statement to sabre rattle...there are players better than eli. just dunno if id trust cantys take on it.

Morehead State
05-30-2013, 01:36 PM
honest question, do you feel having spent 1 offseason month is grounds to publically declare one player over another, without sounding biased? Problem isnt so much with Canty, its with the slack jawed yokels acting like this is some revelation that finally proves elis worth or using the statement to sabre rattle...there are players better than eli. just dunno if id trust cantys take on it.
His guy is coming off a SB win where they put up a crapload of points against a great defense, and threw for 11 TD's and 0 picks in last year's playoffs.

You can agree or disagree with him but I don't see how his statement is unreasonable or why you would think it was disingenuous.

giantsfan420
05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
His guy is coming off a SB win where they put up a crapload of points against a great defense, and threw for 11 TD's and 0 picks in last year's playoffs.

You can agree or disagree with him but I don't see how his statement is unreasonable or why you would think it was disingenuous.wait, whats this? no snide condescending remark? no accusation of being 4 diff people?

well, since u asked, and I know u dont read past 1 paragraph on longer posts, I feel its disingenuous bc Canty has not gone to battle with the guy as a teammate, and has played vs him ONCE. and that once, our D was obliterated and disgusting. Not exactly the best barometer to see how good he is when hes playing an all time worst NYG D...

when canty said "eli over romo", he had been a giant for 3 yrs. he had actually gone to war with the guy.

im not saying cantys wrong even, im just saying it comes off as BS and a total PR type ingratiating move. its like that FSU rookie QB who just stated "the NFL is easier than college ball"...after 1 week of OTA's lmao? how will he feel about that week 12 fighting for the playoffs if hes lucky, and his job if hes not?

further, his reasoning was "the deep ball." dont get me wrong, flacco throws a helluva longball. but eli has been ranked and more effective iirc aside from maybe the last half of this recent season, on the deep ball. elis actually among the very best yr in yr out in that regard...so, just kinda confusing. i would like to hear canty clarify his statement more

Morehead State
05-30-2013, 01:45 PM
wait, whats this? no snide condescending remark? no accusation of being 4 diff people?

well, since u asked, and I know u dont read past 1 paragraph on longer posts, I feel its disingenuous bc Canty has not gone to battle with the guy as a teammate, and has played vs him ONCE. and that once, our D was obliterated and disgusting. Not exactly the best barometer to see how good he is when hes playing an all time worst NYG D...

when canty said "eli over romo", he had been a giant for 3 yrs. he had actually gone to war with the guy.

im not saying cantys wrong even, im just saying it comes off as BS and a total PR type ingratiating move. its like that FSU rookie QB who just stated "the NFL is easier than college ball"...after 1 week of OTA's lmao? how will he feel about that week 12 fighting for the playoffs if hes lucky, and his job if hes not?

further, his reasoning was "the deep ball." dont get me wrong, flacco throws a helluva longball. but eli has been ranked and more effective iirc aside from maybe the last half of this recent season, on the deep ball. elis actually among the very best yr in yr out in that regard...so, just kinda confusing. i would like to hear canty clarify his statement more

He said something that 80% of the league would probably agree with.

BTW...I never considered you that guy. Just an enabler.

giantsfan420
05-30-2013, 01:48 PM
are u really actin as if the questioning of cantys comment is unwarranted?

Dwinsballgames
05-30-2013, 01:48 PM
and we care what Canty thinks because...???