PDA

View Full Version : QB Everett Golson gone from Notre Dame

Redeyejedi
05-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Wow how about this
Kevin Lewis ‏@KLewisWNDU 13m
BREAKING NEWS: #NotreDame confirms to #WNDU that starting QB Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at the university. pic.twitter.com/nUowXY2Y65
Details

nycsportzfan
05-26-2013, 02:42 AM
Crazy! Very depressing as a Irish fan. I like this Zaire kid there bringing in, but don't if there lucky enough to get another yr like Golson did outta a rook.. It sucks, becuase Gunner Kiel transferred just last month to Cincy..

Rat_bastich
05-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Was reading he was gone due to a "Residence Life violation". What in the hell is that? Guess Rees is going to have to be the man because depth wise there really isn't anyone else.

Redeyejedi
05-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Was reading he was gone due to a "Residence Life violation". What in the hell is that? Guess Rees is going to have to be the man because depth wise there really isn't anyone else. I saw academic violation maybe he got caught cheating

Redeyejedi
05-26-2013, 09:34 AM
This is residence life violations at Notre Dame

1. Violence or the threat of violence against another person, or any action which causes injury to another.

2. Abusive or harassing behavior, including unwelcome communication.

3. Sexual harassment (for complete policy, click here).

4. Sexual misconduct or assault (for complete policy, click here).

5. Possession, use, or distribution of illegal drugs (for complete policy, click here).

6. Willful damage to the reputation or psychological well*being of another.

7. Dishonesty, forgery or taking advantage of another.

8. Failure to follow the directive of a University official aimed at protecting life, health or
safety, or necessary for the good order and proper functioning of the University community.

9. Theft, damage or vandalism to property.

10. Unauthorized possession of explosives, incendiary devices, firearms or other weapons.

11. Behavior which causes a serious disturbance of the University community or infringes
upon the rights and well-*being of others.

12. Actions which seemingly affect only the individual(s) involved but which may have a
negative or disruptive impact on the University community and/or concern a student’s
personal and academic growth.

TCHOF
05-26-2013, 11:52 AM
I saw academic violation maybe he got caught cheating

They reported on Sirius this morning that it was an academic issue

BlueSanta
05-26-2013, 07:44 PM
I never thought much of him as a QB.

No idea what this kid did, but I am happy to see ND stand behind their rules and principles. Too many Colleges let their players do as they please.

nycsportzfan
05-26-2013, 08:10 PM

No idea what this kid did, but I am happy to see ND stand behind their rules and principles. Too many Colleges let their players do as they please. Ah, he was great last yr. He was better then his numbers indicate, and really was clutch in many important games and situations. If some were just to look at his numbers, i don't think they'd appreciate what he did last yr, as they would if they seen him play wk in and wk out.

giants8493
05-27-2013, 12:57 AM
He sounds like one of those types.

BlueSanta
05-27-2013, 04:39 AM
Ah, he was great last yr. He was better then his numbers indicate, and really was clutch in many important games and situations. If some were just to look at his numbers, i don't think they'd appreciate what he did last yr, as they would if they seen him play wk in and wk out.

He wasn't bad. But, I always felt he got way too much credit that should have gone to Brian Kelly, who is 1 of the very best coaches in college football.

I give him credit for not making big mistakes as a freshman. But I was talking more about him as a future NFL prospect. I see some problems in that regard

amukamerica
05-27-2013, 07:02 PM

No idea what this kid did, but I am happy to see ND stand behind their rules and principles. Too many Colleges let their players do as they please.

lol its not like they completely covered up a rape or anything. rules and principles my ***.

BlueSanta
05-28-2013, 02:21 AM
lol its not like they completely covered up a rape or anything. rules and principles my ***.

I am no ND fan, keep that in mind. In fact, I am often very critical of them and the overabundance of hype their players garner(ask most here.)

I am completely aware of that scandal and I am also aware of the huge problem with rape on campuses across the nation.

But, ND has never been accused of "covering up" any rape and in fact no charges were ever brought forth in either case you are referring to. Most of the criticism in these stories has been surrounding the media for choosing to report the te'o Hoax story over the alleged rape cases. However, as I said, neither case was ever substantiated in any way and in fact both investigations were dropped because of substantial differences between the evidence, the witness reports, and the victim reports.

In light of that, I choose to believe people are innocent until proven guilty. I do not believe allegations should be a reason to punish a player.

As to the matter at hand, which is Gholston:

I do not see how ND asking Gholston to leave for some Violation of School rules, after leading his team to the National Championship game as a freshman, can be described as anything other than sticking to their principles.

No matter what else happened in the past, this is an example of discipline and principles. It is something ALL major College Football programs(including ND) need more of.

ELI_HOF_NYG
05-29-2013, 11:25 PM
ND= Overrated