PDA

View Full Version : The Great LT speaks: "If the Giants lose this game I would be shocked,"

TuckYou
12-30-2011, 10:51 PM
"If the Giants lose this game I would be shocked," <FONT color=#225fb2>Lawrence Taylor</FONT> (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/6705/lawrence-taylor) told ESPNNewYork Friday. "I don't think it's even a question that the Giants are a better team than Dallas.</P>

"I know you think I'm biased, but the Giants have by far the better athletes, they are tougher mentally, and they have by far the better coaching. I guarantee you that Dallas ain't taking s--- away from the Giants. If the Giants lose this game, they'll lose it themselves. Dallas won't take it away from them."</P>

"They've got some really gifted athletes there," Taylor said. "Guys like Tuck, Umenyiora and (Pierre-Paul), they're a lot better athletes than we had in our day. I look at those guys right there and damn, I couldn't imagine how good my Giants teams would've been if we had those athletes you've got nowadays."</P>

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7405352/lawrence-taylor-shocked-new-york-giants-lose-vs-dallas-cowboys</P>

TuckYou
12-30-2011, 10:55 PM
<FONT size=6>"If I was playing against Tony Romo," Taylor said, "he'd end up back on the golf course somewhere."</FONT>

miked1958
Tell him to stand by, we may need him to suit up

bleedinblue27
Love LT!! THATS RIGHT I SAID IT!!

Defcon4
12-30-2011, 11:06 PM
LT is what NYG is all about. Listen to the legend. He always gets me pumped. We are gonna beat the ~ out of the Cowboys!

GiantWarfare
12-30-2011, 11:14 PM
"If the Giants lose this game I would be shocked," <FONT color=#225fb2>Lawrence Taylor</FONT> (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/6705/lawrence-taylor) told ESPNNewYork Friday. "I don't think it's even a question that the Giants are a better team than Dallas.</P>

"I know you think I'm biased, but the Giants have by far the better athletes, they are tougher mentally, and they have by far the better coaching. I guarantee you that Dallas ain't taking s--- away from the Giants. If the Giants lose this game, they'll lose it themselves. Dallas won't take it away from them."</P>

"They've got some really gifted athletes there," Taylor said. "Guys like Tuck, Umenyiora and (Pierre-Paul), they're a lot better athletes than we had in our day. I look at those guys right there and damn, I couldn't imagine how good my Giants teams would've been if we had those athletes you've got nowadays."</P>

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7405352/lawrence-taylor-shocked-new-york-giants-lose-vs-dallas-cowboys</P>\

Long live the GOAT!!!

Just when I thought I couldnt be more pumped...

BigBlue2010
12-30-2011, 11:15 PM
LT is what NYG is all about. Listen to the legend. He always gets me pumped. We are gonna beat the ~ out of the Cowboys!

Great quotes. I think it's telling how he thinks "his teams" would be better with athletes from today's team. All awile we want players from those teams back.

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 11:22 PM
LT is old school. If the Giants want it bad enough, they'll do it.

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 11:25 PM
I love it! Hopefully the team will be inspired.

amdownwitjpp
12-30-2011, 11:31 PM
No doubt I am from B-more and growing up in LTs era was a blessing he is the reason I became a Tru Blu fan at 5 years old.I have 2 admit though that I said myself that this JPP is like Peppers as someone said 2day on the clips this kid is the real deal and still raw from what I understand.Unleash Eli let him attack the weak CBs of Dallas score,make them throw its great to have Osi bac put Tuck insde with Cantyand slide JPP next to canty on the other end our DBs can hold their own.KP seems to have gotten alil more aggresive on the hitting status and I personally feel thats thru dealing with Antrell I mean we are loaded with all Florida boys.Then we have my fave who I call the #27 Chevy who hits like LB on the other side of the ball.I said all that to say its all in his legacy no wonder LT had to comment on this game **** we need to rally him up get down to the stadium cut it up with them boys spread that Giant spirit

PrideofNY
12-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Okay, I'll say it....

I thought he was still in prison.

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Okay, I'll say it....

Because your......clueless?

RoanokeFan
12-31-2011, 12:22 AM
NOW we're ALL IN!

RoanokeFan
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Okay, I'll say it....

When was he in prison?

TheEnigma
12-31-2011, 12:25 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, greatness has spoken.

giantsfan420
12-31-2011, 12:29 AM
NOW we're ALL IN!

we're all in with the river card yet to be dealt. hopefully we hit our draw and win a huge pot. lets go g g g g men.

big game defense. hopefully they watch some tapes of LT play and can duplicate his fire and passion (without any substances)

jomo
12-31-2011, 12:31 AM
LT is probably better right now than 2/3 of our current LB.

NYfanatic
12-31-2011, 12:55 AM
Yea go L.T.!

RoanokeFan
12-31-2011, 01:07 AM

Sad, but true

Breezely
12-31-2011, 01:19 AM
Yeah. True!!! Today's Giants have a tremendous amount of athleticism but nothing can compare to the heart of the LT, Carson, Peppers, Bavaro, Otis A., Joe Morris, Hostetler, Burts, etc .....I love the Giants but I would not trade anything for the heart and LEADERSHIP of those teams back then.

Question! . . . . How many years did Strahan play with L T?????

Just curious.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Yeah. True!!! Today's Giants have a tremendous amount of athleticism but nothing can compare to the heart of the LT, Carson, Peppers, Bavaro, Otis A., Joe Morris, Hostetler, Burts, etc .....I love the Giants but I would not trade anything for the heart and LEADERSHIP of those teams back then.

Just curious.Strahan was drafted in 93, the year LT retired so one year.

Bluesmash
12-31-2011, 01:31 AM
OK, so, "Let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs and have some fun."

BurnerNYG
12-31-2011, 01:32 AM
I think Armstead became as good as he did because the torch was passed off to him. I liked those late 90's teams too. I think what held them back was solid, consistent quarterback play.

Bluesmash
12-31-2011, 01:42 AM
90s? Ray Handley, OMG!

BurnerNYG
12-31-2011, 01:49 AM
90s? Ray Handley, OMG!Nah I'm talking about 97 and beyond when Fassel took over. I barely watched the games when Handley was coaching.

Breezely
12-31-2011, 01:53 AM

Just curious.Strahan was drafted in 93, the year LT
retired so one year.
Thank you for the answer.

G-Men Surg.
12-31-2011, 02:06 AM
LT is old school.* If the Giants want it bad enough, they'll do it.

Sad, but true

LOL ! With one arm tied behind his back !!!

I Bleed Blue 56
12-31-2011, 02:19 AM

Just curious. i believe 2 years dont forget jessie armstead and keith the hammer hamilton. they all had NYG heart LT speaks people listen real talk nobody from the cowboys era wil ever get that much respect bleed blue for lifd.

miked1958
12-31-2011, 02:47 AM
LT is old school.* If the Giants want it bad enough, they'll do it.
That's why. I said we may need him to suit up. Lol

harrycarson
12-31-2011, 02:58 AM
The Giants nation is ALL coming out for this one, yes sir, WE ARE ALL IN!!!!!!!! CMON BIG BLUE, LETS BREAK IN THIS STADIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GETTIN TEARY EYED AGAIN, CANT HELP IT, SO PUMPED UP I CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

BornLegend
12-31-2011, 11:50 AM
When #56 speaks, the players on our roster should listen and respond. All it takes is effort and desire. Want it more than the other team. Play hard until the whistle blows.....until it feels like your lungs are gonna collapse. Let's Go Giants!!

nycisgreat
12-31-2011, 02:57 PM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7405352/lawrence-taylor-shocked-new-york-giants-lose-vs-dallas-cowboys</P>

Have any of you took a look at what the Cowboys fans are saying in response to LT. BJ is right about these guys. There fans are absolutely nuts. Check it out:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/socialnet/forums.cfm?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a24d8e8bc-b132-4a6f-81fa-ab728a950ed1Forum%3a140ede96-a57c-412f-826a-3047cb49bbe1Discussion%3aff064559-0310-4cc0-bce5-b594d743699aR

Joe Morrison
12-31-2011, 03:12 PM
LT does not jump on the bandwagon when the GMEN are on a roll.</P>

He is right, he was a man among boys back then, you might not have a LT but you have 4 guys who can take it to the Cowboys.</P>

Who really cares what the Dallas Fans think, their stars back them had plenty of their own issues.</P>

TuckYou
12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah. True!!! Today's Giants have a tremendous amount of athleticism but nothing can compare to the heart of the LT, Carson, Peppers, Bavaro, Otis A., Joe Morris, Hostetler, Burts, etc .....I love the Giants but I would not trade anything for the heart and LEADERSHIP of those teams back then. Question! . . . . How many years did Strahan play with L T????? Just curious.Strahan was drafted in 93, the year LT retired so one year.</P>

LT passed the torch to Strahan, who IMO passed it to Tuck, hopefully Tuck isnt ready to give it to JPP, but JPP might take it. </P>

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 10:57 AM
LT needs to pump this team up again. </P>

LT and Strahan should meet up with the team this week to get em going. </P>

If we play like we did vs the Boys and stay as healthy as possible, we could make a run. </P>