PDA

View Full Version : Flea-Flicker

krygny
12-31-2011, 12:12 AM
If ever there was a quarterback meant to run the flea-flicker, it's Eli Manning. He throws the long ball from a wide-open backfield as well as anybody. I keep thinking, one of these days, Coughlin will shock the world and run a trick play. The worst thing that can happen is an INT as good as a punt.

giant.slo
12-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Could work but TC won't try it.

Gmen2005
12-31-2011, 02:21 AM
The only trick play I've seen the Giants during Toms time was that fake punt against the saints, and apparently he tried to audible out of it.
It'd be nice to see it once, even if it doesn't work. Just catch em off guard.

miked1958
12-31-2011, 02:31 AM
Won't happen, not with this coach

harrycarson
12-31-2011, 03:14 AM
We do not need to run high risk plays to win this game

BlueSanta
12-31-2011, 03:23 AM
Yea, not a TC play.

On this team, a shotgun draw is a trick play.

CGYgiant
12-31-2011, 05:34 AM
If ever there was a quarterback meant to run the flea-flicker, it's Eli Manning. He throws the long ball from a wide-open backfield as well as anybody. I keep thinking, one of these days, Coughlin will shock the world and run a trick play. The worst thing that can happen is an INT as good as a punt.

Yeah Coughlins terrible, why arent we running a read option offence? I mean, how unpredictable is that. Worse case scenario is not just a interception (that is just like a punt) but maybe a fumble, or a negative yardage run.

who cares though, how effing badass would it be too run!

and yes (red font)

yoeddy
12-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Could work but TC won't try it.

TC has run reverses and gone for it on 4th down numerous times. He is not a conservative coach...

Dorothy
12-31-2011, 09:06 AM
Tom did the fake punt on 4th down in the Pats preseason game for a game winning td. Sure it was preseason, but it worked.

Come on Tom, show a little guts, but only if needed.

GGGGGGOOOOOOOOGIANTS

MikeSherrard
12-31-2011, 09:09 AM
Would it kill them to run a gadget play once every 5 years? I'd like to see it and it also keeps the D honest

mfraykor
12-31-2011, 09:29 AM

opening play.......would be sweet....

but really i just want nice play action....not draws

jhamburg
12-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Would it kill them to run a gadget play once every 5 years? I'd like to see it and it also keeps the D honest

Does it really though? I mean a team like the Eagles runs double reverses regularly, so you have to respect it. But if we ran a flea flicker, teams would be like "well, they got us. We'll never see that play again..."

miked1958
12-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Won't happen, not with this coach
Although I would not mind seeing a few new wrinkles this week