PDA

View Full Version : I realize the new rules on defenseless players

miked1958
12-31-2011, 09:57 AM
has taken alot of the aggressive play away In the Secondary. However I miss the excitement of the HUGE hits our D would lay on receivers. Remember those games in the playoffs years ago when guys were scared to catch the ball against us cause of the price they would have to pay for it.

In playoffs there was HUGE hits on every play. Even in regular season games like vs the steelers and ravens and others in 08. I remember that WR for Pittsburgh (maybe Ward?) caught one over middle and got clobbered ( knocked out for short time) fumbled the ball and our guy was off to the races.

I feel this is our first playoff game vs Dallas. It doesnt get any closer to a playoff game then a play in game.

I hope we come out with that playoff like feel and intensity. And that goes for our crowd to. To many times we don't come out all Fired up and the crowd is just flat to. I don't get it.

Bring back the good ole days when u could rip someone who thought he was going to go over middle on u and fire up your team and your fans

miked1958
12-31-2011, 10:37 AM
No comment? We at least need to come out fired up and play inspired and pop some people within the rules. We need some guys to step up and light a fire and provide a spark for this team

appodictic
12-31-2011, 10:45 AM
has taken alot of the aggressive play away In the Secondary. However I miss the excitement of the HUGE hits our D would lay on receivers. Remember those games in the playoffs years ago when guys were scared to catch the ball against us cause of the price they would have to pay for it.

In playoffs there was HUGE hits on every play. Even in regular season games like vs the steelers and ravens and others in 08. I remember that WR for Pittsburgh (maybe Ward?) caught one over middle and got clobbered ( knocked out for short time) fumbled the ball and our guy was off to the races.

I feel this is our first playoff game vs Dallas. It doesnt get any closer to a playoff game then a play in game.

I hope we come out with that playoff like feel and intensity. And that goes for our crowd to. To many times we don't come out all Fired up and the crowd is just flat to. I don't get it.

Bring back the good ole days when u could rip someone who thought he was going to go over middle on u and fire up your team and your fans

You cant get big hits playing a soft zone and when you barely can make a tackle in the first place.

T-Murda84
12-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Zone defenses is the type of defense where u will see big hits. Some of the biggest hitters came from a Tampa 2 defense...John Lynch, Bob Sanders, and Chris Harris. The Giants do not have hard hitters any more....Rolle is usually being dragged, but Phillips can hit when hes in that deep zone...so I dont understand ur logic.

greenca190
12-31-2011, 12:08 PM
I actually can't think of a big hitter over the last ten years. I'd rather our guys be great tacklers anyways.

Red Dog
12-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Huge hits are not part of the "No Tackle League" anymore. Now its bump the ball carrier, grab high and hope the defensive player's weight can drag the BC down, or hang on and wait for help. Big hits, cause career threatening injuirues and sometimes flags and fines. Tackling is no longer a part of the game too much invested in players

amdownwitjpp
12-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Zone defenses is the type of defense where u will see big hits. Some of the biggest hitters came from a Tampa 2 defense...John Lynch, Bob Sanders, and Chris Harris. The Giants do not have hard hitters any more....Rolle is usually being dragged, but Phillips can hit when hes in that deep zone...so I dont understand ur logic. Yea I pretty much agree with all you wrote to a t alot of these ppl dont truely understand football and dont let them get it twisted Phillips will put out some hits

miked1958
12-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Zone defenses is the type of defense where u will see big hits. Some of the biggest hitters came from a Tampa 2 defense...John Lynch, Bob Sanders, and Chris Harris. The Giants do not have hard hitters any more....Rolle is usually being dragged, but Phillips can hit when hes in that deep zone...so I dont understand ur logic. Yea I pretty much agree with all you wrote to a t alot of these ppl dont truely understand football and dont let them get it twisted Phillips will put out some hitsJust want to see our guys fired up and making plays with a few crowd pleasing Hits mixed in

DownWitJPP
12-31-2011, 01:28 PM
we do have big hitters on this team, its just some of them are not playing right now.

Kenny Phillips can be a big hitter at times

Tyler Sash - Can bring the pain

Chad Jones - If we ever get this kid on the field watch out...they used to call him dreadlocks of doom at LSU

Rolle - how do u expect him to give big hits when he's essentially playing corner

jomo
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Zone defenses is the type of defense where u will see big hits. Some of the biggest hitters came from a Tampa 2 defense...John Lynch, Bob Sanders, and Chris Harris. The Giants do not have hard hitters any more....Rolle is usually being dragged, but Phillips can hit when hes in that deep zone...so I dont understand ur logic. Yea I pretty much agree with all you wrote to a t alot of these ppl dont truely understand football and dont let them get it twisted Phillips will put out some hitsJust want to see our guys fired up and making plays with a few crowd pleasing Hits mixed inWe'll see that when on of our front 7 plants romo in the Giants Stadium turf. Unlikely to see any of that from our secondary.