PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Thread

gumby74
06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Ok. I KNOW I'm not the only one that loves video games.
Streetfighter/Starcraft anyone?

ShakeandBake
06-07-2013, 02:35 PM
The only games I'm playing right now is Civ5 and Black Ops II. Consoles suck now because they can't compete with computers at least until PS4 comes out.

gumby74
06-07-2013, 02:37 PM
The only games I'm playing right now is Civ5 and Black Ops II. Consoles suck now because they can't compete with computers at least until PS4 comes out.

Yeah I played a bit of Civ 5. It pissed me off that you can only have 1 military unit per square though. That and the finite number of turns bit.

ShakeandBake
06-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Yeah I played a bit of Civ 5. It pissed me off that you can only have 1 military unit per square though. That and the finite number of turns bit.

Yeah the limited amount of turns suck but it is one of if not the best turn based start game I've ever played. I'm actually playing right now haha.

Moke
06-07-2013, 03:31 PM
I play consoles. I don't care much about video games on the computer.

I don't know if I'll get the newer consoles though.

gumby74
06-07-2013, 04:06 PM
I play consoles. I don't care much about video games on the computer.

I don't know if I'll get the newer consoles though.

Dunno. I always found the controller a bit clunky. If I were to play Call of Duty or something, I'd much rather play using a mouse instead of the 360 controller. I don't know if you've ever played counterstrike on the PC. But, that's what I'm used to.

Moke
06-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Dunno. I always found the controller a bit clunky. If I were to play Call of Duty or something, I'd much rather play using a mouse instead of the 360 controller. I don't know if you've ever played counterstrike on the PC. But, that's what I'm used to.

Yeah, I played it. I didn't care for it. I prefer consoles, I don't know why. Too many nerds on the PC.

ShakeandBake
06-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I played it. I didn't care for it. I prefer consoles, I don't know why. Too many nerds on the PC.

Guess you haven't played black ops lately lol

Moke
06-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Guess you haven't played black ops lately lol

On the console? Eh, they are ok. They are just annoying young kids who think they are hot ****... and Idc about MLGers. Don't see them that often. They are in their own cluster ****

ShakeandBake
06-07-2013, 05:04 PM
On the console? Eh, they are ok. They are just annoying young kids who think they are hot ****... and Idc about MLGers. Don't see them that often. They are in their own cluster ****

Had some guy call me a "shotgun noob" the other day when he was camping with a target finder.

Moke
06-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Had some guy call me a "shotgun noob" the other day when he was camping with a target finder.

Lol'd, that's the worst.

gumby74
06-07-2013, 05:12 PM

e-"sports" is serious business.

Imgrate
06-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Played a lot of rpgs in my heyday. Now the only game i play is fifa and I hardly play that. Not enough hours in the day.

Drez
06-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Played a lot of rpgs in my heyday. Now the only game i play is fifa and I hardly play that. Not enough hours in the day.I don't like most newer RPGs. They're mostly either hack n slash or FPS with swords and spells. Played a few MMOs in my day, though the one I played for longest was Ultima Online, but I haven't played that in years. The Warhammer MMO that EA Mythic put out a handful of years ago was fun for a while, but it was buggy as hell and there were some balance and progression issues with it, it was very hourglass in level distribution.

Mostly now I just play my Madden 10, lol.

Rat_bastich
06-08-2013, 05:14 AM
World of Warcraft geek here, Lightbringer server, Alliance, Panda Monk. /flex. If not on that toon I have my 4 year old daughter running around in circles as a Draenei mage somewhere making her think she is actually playing.

I think once the Elder Scrolls MMO comes out I'll be heading over there.

Drez I played EQ2 and loved it but people started disappearing in droves so I went to Warhammer after playing the tabletop 40k. It was fun and I played a Squig Herder. I switched over to a Choppa' and then left after most of the guild I was in left and there was no one to ever group with. Check out the Elder Scrolls MMO coming out. There is a beta sign up for it now as well.

I've bought Madden for almost every year up until 2007 and haven't finished a season yet. I always tell myself I'm going to stick with the original roster but end up filling my team with guys like Urlacher, Lewis, Ed Reed, etc.

Drez
06-08-2013, 08:35 AM
World of Warcraft geek here, Lightbringer server, Alliance, Panda Monk. /flex. If not on that toon I have my 4 year old daughter running around in circles as a Draenei mage somewhere making her think she is actually playing.

Drez I played EQ2 and loved it but people started disappearing in droves so I went to Warhammer after playing the tabletop 40k. It was fun and I played a Squig Herder. I switched over to a Choppa' and then left after most of the guild I was in left and there was no one to ever group with. Check out the Elder Scrolls MMO coming out. There is a beta sign up for it now as well.

I've bought Madden for almost every year up until 2007 and haven't finished a season yet. I always tell myself I'm going to stick with the original roster but end up filling my team with guys like Urlacher, Lewis, Ed Reed, etc.I played WoW for a bit, too.Stopped playing that around the time of Wrath of the Lich King expansion. I can't even remember what server, lol. In WAR, my main was a Dwarven Slayer. My comp is too old and beat up to handle any new games. Hell, I have issues playing games on Pogo nowadays.

byron
06-09-2013, 01:27 AM
I played WoW for a bit, too.Stopped playing that around the time of Wrath of the Lich King expansion. I can't even remember what server, lol. In WAR, my main was a Dwarven Slayer. My comp is too old and beat up to handle any new games. Hell, I have issues playing games on Pogo nowadays. I like playing on my pc but getting games I can run is a pain...either not enough processer or not enough vid card

Drez
06-09-2013, 01:59 AM
I like playing on my pc but getting games I can run is a pain...either not enough processer or not enough vid cardYeah, I bought my rig going on 11 years ago, lol. I've upgraded the vid card, ram, and power source over the years, but now, there isn't much I can do. Hell, my vid card plugs into an AGP slot and not a PCIe. With my new job, once it get caught up on my bills, I'm definitely going to look into buying a new comp.

byron
06-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I bought my rig going on 11 years ago, lol. I've upgraded the vid card, ram, and power source over the years, but now, there isn't much I can do. Hell, my vid card plugs into an AGP slot and not a PCIe. With my new job, once it get caught up on my bills, I'm definitely going to look into buying a new comp. well I've had this one a couple of years what they call an all in one Pc by hp....its 2.4 gig processor but the vid card is on board... anyhow it fails most of the new stuff out there...I'll be paying more attention next time around.....

gumby74
06-09-2013, 04:08 PM

I've bought Madden for almost every year up until 2007 and haven't finished a season yet. I always tell myself I'm going to stick with the original roster but end up filling my team with guys like Urlacher, Lewis, Ed Reed, etc. Haha nice. I played Vanilla and into Burning Crusade. I raided 4 times a week (i actually had the time back then) and eventually burnt out. Spending all that time in Naxx was nuts. The server i was on was called ... uhm ...Blackrock I think.