PDA

View Full Version : Got a bad feeling

egyptian420
12-31-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I got a bad feeling about this game already. The Cowboys have been awfully quiet and humble this week and haven't said a word, even Rob Ryan. Meanwhile, Tuck and Jacobs are talking trash.

Furthermore, I don't think we had a really good practice this week. In Coughlin's presser he seemed unimpressed with the way we practiced and sounded very unsure and unconvincing when asked about how well practice went.

Grant was also asked in his segment about how practice went and he said that it wasn't the best practice and there is still work that needs to be done, but the emotional intensity was still there.

Rolle was also not as confident and enthused as he usually is, he also seemed like he was unsure of how well our practice went. When asked about the defense he said "I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I'm ready"....that already bothers the hell out of me.

All of these things put together give me a very uneasy feeling about this game. I just have the feeling that the Cowboys are coming with more to prove tomorrow since they got robbed of that last game and they've been quiet as hell lately.

Feel free to bump this and talk smack to me and question my fan hood when we win, I will be celebrating too much to give a damn.

GOBIGBLUE52
12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
I disagree with one thing: It isn't exactly quiet there, a lot of attention has been given this week to Jerry Jones interfering with Garrett's coaching.

EDIT: And when I go on PFT just now, this (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/31/rob-ryan-boasts-of-a-cowboys-win/)is a front page story.

Gmen2005
12-31-2011, 02:28 PM
I've noticed the Giants have done quite a bit of talking this year, and I'm not too happy about it.

scf424
12-31-2011, 02:32 PM
It's just talk. Let them play. Where did Grant say that about practice? I don't disbelieve you, but I'm sure others are gonna jump on you without a source.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really see the Cowboys talking ever. Usually when we play, its BJ who starts ****, which is no surprise.

No different than last time.

BigBlue1971
12-31-2011, 02:40 PM
i wouldnt put too much stock in the comments from the Giants!</P>

they kept their mouths shut before the foreskins and jets games and played awful. they managed to win the jets with defense which puts us in this position!</P>

i think they are pumping each other up to play well in a meaningful game.</P>

personally i feel they will win with authority!</P>

BParcells777
12-31-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I got a bad feeling about this game already. The Cowboys have been awfully quiet and humble this week and haven't said a word, even Rob Ryan. Meanwhile, Tuck and Jacobs are talking trash.

Furthermore, I don't think we had a really good practice this week. In Coughlin's presser he seemed unimpressed with the way we practiced and sounded very unsure and unconvincing when asked about how well practice went.

Grant was also asked in his segment about how practice went and he said that it wasn't the best practice and there is still work that needs to be done, but the emotional intensity was still there.

Rolle was also not as confident and enthused as he usually is, he also seemed like he was unsure of how well our practice went. When asked about the defense he said "I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I'm ready"....that already bothers the hell out of me.

All of these things put together give me a very uneasy feeling about this game. I just have the feeling that the Cowboys are coming with more to prove tomorrow since they got robbed of that last game and they've been quiet as hell lately.

Feel free to bump this and talk smack to me and question my fan hood when we win, I will be celebrating too much to give a damn.

Fanhood........I'm questioning your MANHOOD......we are going to kick the living crrrrrp out of them

egyptian420
12-31-2011, 03:18 PM
It's just talk. Let them play. Where did Grant say that about practice? I don't disbelieve you, but I'm sure others are gonna jump on you without a source.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really see the Cowboys talking ever. Usually when we play, its BJ who starts ****, which is no surprise.

No different than last time.
Go to the video section and check out Big Blue Hits with Deon Grant

egyptian420
12-31-2011, 03:19 PM

Fanhood........I'm questioning your MANHOOD......we are going to kick the living crrrrrp out of them

I question your intellect.....although I do hope we win ofcourse

egyptian420
12-31-2011, 03:38 PM
I've noticed the Giants have done quite a bit of talking this year, and I'm not too happy about it.

+1

NYGFaninILL
12-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Brandon Jacobs ALWAYS talks when we play the cowboys, he HATES them. However, BJ usually has his best games against them.
He backs it up when he talks, its his way of getting pumped up

Bluesmash
12-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Most coaches will tell you that a bad practice is no more guarantee of a loss than a great practice is of a win.

Remember, last week Ryan mocked Coughlin for saying that it's what happens between the white lines that matters, and who wound up looking silly?

I had a great feeling before the Seattle, Eagles, and Redskins games, and a bad feeling before the Pats, and look how those games turned out.

Prolated spheroids take funny bounces.

ufcrules1
12-31-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm a huge Cowboys fan and I have a inner peace about this game. I don't know if it's a defense mechanism in my head so I'm not let down if we lose or what... but sometimes I feel bad about games (Last time Giants came here) and other times I feel good... us going there Sunday.

It's like crickets around here. Nobody is talking smack and they do seem very quiet and focused. We are wondering if JG is telling the players and coaches not to talk smack but instead to come out and play with fire.

I haven't had this much anticipation for a game a very very long time. My the best team win!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-31-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm a huge Cowboys fan and I have a inner peace about this game. I don't know if it's a defense mechanism in my head so I'm not let down if we lose or what... but sometimes I feel bad about games (Last time Giants came here) and other times I feel good... us going there Sunday.

It's like crickets around here. Nobody is talking smack and they do seem very quiet and focused. We are wondering if JG is telling the players and coaches not to talk smack but instead to come out and play with fire.

I haven't had this much anticipation for a game a very very long time. My the best team win!

Nobody is talking smack? Your fat mouth DC bought his family tickets so they can come see him win the div. championship..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/31/rob-ryan-boasts-of-a-cowboys-win/

Unfortunately, Eli is going to pick that defense apart AGAIN. Typical Ryan's, no class, ALL TALK.

giantsfan420
12-31-2011, 04:27 PM

guess u missed rob ryan saying he flew in his family for sunday night so they could watch him become nfc east champions and guaranteed a victory then...might loud crickets

gmen46
12-31-2011, 04:32 PM

I'll never question your fan-hood (or anyone else's on this board), but I do question your conclusions, which lead to your fear about this game.

What trash talk from Tuck and Jacobs?

All I've read and heard from Tuck this week is his questioning the validity of Dallas' continued nomenclature of "America's Team". That's no disrespect of the players, coaches, or even the organization. That's a media thing and he questions it.

Hell, even Tom Landry hated the term while he was HC.

Jacobs went out of his way to say how he respects the team, but that he has issues with the FANS. That's "trash talk"? You think the Cowboys put THAT on the bulletin board?

And, after all, is he wrong? :)

I saw the Grant interview you refer to, and admit I wondered why he said it. But, more importantly, he also said the emotional intensity remains.

Rolle was being Rolle, imo. I don't remember him saying how great practice was BEFORE the Jets game, only afterwards. So I give little attention to his comment regarding practice.

Regarding the Cowboys being "humble"--HA!--and quiet this week, that's more a reflection of whatever attention has been paid them this week, than what they've actually been saying or not saying. All that the talking heads have focused on this week has been Romo's hand. Therefore, that's all we've been hearing. That doesn't mean nothing has been said in Jerry Land.

By the way, the "quiet and humble" comments regarding the Cowboys were being thrown around during the pre season, and were referred to as a reason--yet again--that most pundits believed they would have a strong season in 2011.

Me thinks you're being a bit paranoid--and I understand the impulse to paranoia, given the overall arc of our season this year--but I suggest you try to drown the impulse, for your own sake.

(I have some excellent brews to recommend for the drowning, if you like)

Our Giants have not been reliable in several games this year, very true, but then neither have the Cowboys. That's a big reason both teams are where they are right now.

But my impulse is toward the Giants being more reliable than the Cowboys for this game, when all is said and done.

And that's why so many pundits pick Giants over Cowboys this week--because they all believe, considering both teams' flaws this year, it will come down to who plays best in the clutch. Eli, or Romo?

Clutch game of the season, clutch down of a series, clutch play of the game.

Most of them think Eli is the more reliable of the two. And I agree with them.

Anything can happen in this game, of course, but personally I feel more confident of the final outcome going in Giants' favor, than I have all season.

In the immortal words of Bobby McFerrin, "Don't worry be happy"!! :)

burier
12-31-2011, 04:50 PM
NFL network reported that Rob Ryan Guaranteed a win.

Hows that for smack talk?

Denaliman316
12-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Jones said he would take Romo over Eli any day and trusts him to come through.

Dez Bryant was out clubbing from 2AM until early this morning. What's that say? Forget watching film or stretching and going over the game plan.

Mike G who watches the practices said on SNY that The Giants will hammer the Cowboys like the Eagles did in 2008.

NYgiants141
12-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Jones said he would take Romo over Eli any day and trusts him to come through.

Dez Bryant was out clubbing from 2AM until early this morning. What's that say? Forget watching film or stretching and going over the game plan.

Mike G who watches the practices said on SNY that The Giants will hammer the Cowboys like the Eagles did in 2008.

Dont forget the rookie practice squad punter.

egyptian420
01-01-2012, 01:46 PM

I'll never question your fan-hood (or anyone else's on this board), but I do question your conclusions, which lead to your fear about this game.

What trash talk from Tuck and Jacobs?

All I've read and heard from Tuck this week is his questioning the validity of Dallas' continued nomenclature of "America's Team". That's no disrespect of the players, coaches, or even the organization. That's a media thing and he questions it.

Hell, even Tom Landry hated the term while he was HC.

Jacobs went out of his way to say how he respects the team, but that he has issues with the FANS. That's "trash talk"? You think the Cowboys put THAT on the bulletin board?

And, after all, is he wrong? :)

I saw the Grant interview you refer to, and admit I wondered why he said it. But, more importantly, he also said the emotional intensity remains.

Rolle was being Rolle, imo. I don't remember him saying how great practice was BEFORE the Jets game, only afterwards. So I give little attention to his comment regarding practice.

Regarding the Cowboys being "humble"--HA!--and quiet this week, that's more a reflection of whatever attention has been paid them this week, than what they've actually been saying or not saying. All that the talking heads have focused on this week has been Romo's hand. Therefore, that's all we've been hearing. That doesn't mean nothing has been said in Jerry Land.

By the way, the "quiet and humble" comments regarding the Cowboys were being thrown around during the pre season, and were referred to as a reason--yet again--that most pundits believed they would have a strong season in 2011.

Me thinks you're being a bit paranoid--and I understand the impulse to paranoia, given the overall arc of our season this year--but I suggest you try to drown the impulse, for your own sake.

(I have some excellent brews to recommend for the drowning, if you like)

Our Giants have not been reliable in several games this year, very true, but then neither have the Cowboys. That's a big reason both teams are where they are right now.

But my impulse is toward the Giants being more reliable than the Cowboys for this game, when all is said and done.

And that's why so many pundits pick Giants over Cowboys this week--because they all believe, considering both teams' flaws this year, it will come down to who plays best in the clutch. Eli, or Romo?

Clutch game of the season, clutch down of a series, clutch play of the game.

Most of them think Eli is the more reliable of the two. And I agree with them.

Anything can happen in this game, of course, but personally I feel more confident of the final outcome going in Giants' favor, than I have all season.

In the immortal words of Bobby McFerrin, "Don't worry be happy"!! :)
lol you've built up a pretty good case and I hope your right man.....I'm paranoid as hell but just the mere thought of missing the playoffs for the 3rd season in a row and this being our last game till next September terrifies the s##t out of me....No way I can stomach that tonight

nycsportzfan
01-01-2012, 02:01 PM
I actually got a good feeling about tonights game I think Tuck is actually back and playing like Tuck plays and with JPP being a beast i gotta feeling were gonna be putting tons of pressure on Romo I can see Romo throwing a couple crucial picks Its just a matter of if ELI can not throw a Pick or 2 and i think we'll pull it off ELI can't make any crucial mistakes

canseco4040
01-01-2012, 02:40 PM
It might be true that the giants tend to choke down the stretch, but at least what we have going for us is that we're playing the ultimate choke artist Tony Romo.

buddy33
01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm worried that this team is consistently inconsistent in the biggest games.

I'm not happy about the trash talk either.

poppa smurph
01-01-2012, 02:55 PM

I'll never question your fan-hood (or anyone else's on this board), but I do question your conclusions, which lead to your fear about this game. What trash talk from Tuck and Jacobs? All I've read and heard from Tuck this week is his questioning the validity of Dallas' continued nomenclature of "America's Team". That's no disrespect of the players, coaches, or even the organization. That's a media thing and he questions it. Hell, even Tom Landry hated the term while he was HC. Jacobs went out of his way to say how he respects the team, but that he has issues with the FANS. That's "trash talk"? You think the Cowboys put THAT on the bulletin board? And, after all, is he wrong? :) I saw the Grant interview you refer to, and admit I wondered why he said it. But, more importantly, he also said the emotional intensity remains. Rolle was being Rolle, imo. I don't remember him saying how great practice was BEFORE the Jets game, only afterwards. So I give little attention to his comment regarding practice. Regarding the Cowboys being "humble"--HA!--and quiet this week, that's more a reflection of whatever attention has been paid them this week, than what they've actually been saying or not saying. All that the talking heads have focused on this week has been Romo's hand. Therefore, that's all we've been hearing. That doesn't mean nothing has been said in Jerry Land. By the way, the "quiet and humble" comments regarding the Cowboys were being thrown around during the pre season, and were referred to as a reason--yet again--that most pundits believed they would have a strong season in 2011. Me thinks you're being a bit paranoid--and I understand the impulse to paranoia, given the overall arc of our season this year--but I suggest you try to drown the impulse, for your own sake. (I have some excellent brews to recommend for the drowning, if you like) Our Giants have not been reliable in several games this year, very true, but then neither have the Cowboys. That's a big reason both teams are where they are right now. But my impulse is toward the Giants being more reliable than the Cowboys for this game, when all is said and done. And that's why so many pundits pick Giants over Cowboys this week--because they all believe, considering both teams' flaws this year, it will come down to who plays best in the clutch. Eli, or Romo? Clutch game of the season, clutch down of a series, clutch play of the game. Most of them think Eli is the more reliable of the two. And I agree with them. Anything can happen in this game, of course, but personally I feel more confident of the final outcome going in Giants' favor, than I have all season. In the immortal words of Bobby McFerrin, "Don't worry be happy"!! :)
lol you've built up a pretty good case and I hope your right man.....<FONT size=6>I'm paranoid as hell</FONT> but just the mere thought of missing the playoffs for the 3rd season in a row and this being our last game till next September terrifies the s##t out of me....No way I can stomach that tonight
Lol...step away from the herb...

FlyingTruck
01-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I heard both teams had good practice weeks actually. On NFL Network.

gianta
01-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Just how many times have you heard Coughlin say we had a real good practice this week and then we lose.
Get rid of that negativity and get ready for the playoffs!!

Gianthunter
01-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Just how many times have you heard Coughlin say we had a real good practice this week and then we lose.
Get rid of that negativity and get ready for the playoffs!!
<FONT size=6>WTF?[*-)][8-)]</FONT>

NY_Eli
01-01-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm a little uneasy, but there's one thing I keep coming back to:

Eli- One of the most clutch qbs in the nfl

Romo - One of the biggest chokers in the nfl

Plus his throwing hand is beat up. I think this information is more concrete than any talking from either side.

giant420
01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
If we are gonna win tonight these DBs gotta get their coverage down. I've heard talk this week that the big focus for them is gap coverage. Our U safeties are the key. I love Antrel but the guy is acting like he is an Ed Reed or Sean Taylor. He says hes a ball hog but he hasnt been walking the walk. Rolle and Phillips need to make big plays tonight.

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Damn near every network and analyst have the Giants winning this, let's hope they're right. This game is gonna come down to turnovers. Both teams have weakness's in their secondary, so if the Giants can get some pressure on Romo and avoid the big plays they should be alright.

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 04:28 PM

I'll never question your fan-hood (or anyone else's on this board), but I do question your conclusions, which lead to your fear about this game. What trash talk from Tuck and Jacobs? All I've read and heard from Tuck this week is his questioning the validity of Dallas' continued nomenclature of "America's Team". That's no disrespect of the players, coaches, or even the organization. That's a media thing and he questions it. Hell, even Tom Landry hated the term while he was HC. Jacobs went out of his way to say how he respects the team, but that he has issues with the FANS. That's "trash talk"? You think the Cowboys put THAT on the bulletin board? And, after all, is he wrong? :) I saw the Grant interview you refer to, and admit I wondered why he said it. But, more importantly, he also said the emotional intensity remains. Rolle was being Rolle, imo. I don't remember him saying how great practice was BEFORE the Jets game, only afterwards. So I give little attention to his comment regarding practice. Regarding the Cowboys being "humble"--HA!--and quiet this week, that's more a reflection of whatever attention has been paid them this week, than what they've actually been saying or not saying. All that the talking heads have focused on this week has been Romo's hand. Therefore, that's all we've been hearing. That doesn't mean nothing has been said in Jerry Land. By the way, the "quiet and humble" comments regarding the Cowboys were being thrown around during the pre season, and were referred to as a reason--yet again--that most pundits believed they would have a strong season in 2011. Me thinks you're being a bit paranoid--and I understand the impulse to paranoia, given the overall arc of our season this year--but I suggest you try to drown the impulse, for your own sake. (I have some excellent brews to recommend for the drowning, if you like) Our Giants have not been reliable in several games this year, very true, but then neither have the Cowboys. That's a big reason both teams are where they are right now. But my impulse is toward the Giants being more reliable than the Cowboys for this game, when all is said and done. And that's why so many pundits pick Giants over Cowboys this week--because they all believe, considering both teams' flaws this year, it will come down to who plays best in the clutch. Eli, or Romo? Clutch game of the season, clutch down of a series, clutch play of the game. Most of them think Eli is the more reliable of the two. And I agree with them. Anything can happen in this game, of course, but personally I feel more confident of the final outcome going in Giants' favor, than I have all season. In the immortal words of Bobby McFerrin, "Don't worry be happy"!! :)
lol you've built up a pretty good case and I hope your right man.....<font size="6">I'm paranoid as hell</font> but just the mere thought of missing the playoffs for the 3rd season in a row and this being our last game till next September terrifies the s##t out of me....No way I can stomach that tonight
Lol...<font style="font-weight: bold;" size="3">step away from the herb</font>...http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/blackguylaughing.gif

barran21
01-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't like the Giants in this game, last week I knew we could beat the
Jets because of horrible Sanchize, but Romo is 10 times the QB, and we
haven't played well at home this season, 3-4 at home losing to the likes
of Redskins, Seattle, and back up Vince young....I don't like the vibe i
am getting for this game, say what you want, call me negative but this team is very inconsistent...

Denaliman316
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
They have to snap the slump sometime.

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 05:09 PM
we have played bad at home against bad teams. the giants play to the level of there opponents. dallas is a good team with major flaws. the giants wont come out flat.

look at the season game by game and becomes clear that the stinkers were against teams the giants too lightly. the NO game is the only game the giants played a good team and sucked.

NE, GB, Philly early in the season, Buffalo when they were 4-1, Dallas a few weeks ago, etc.

the stinkers came against seattle, washington, miami at home even tho we won,philly with young, etc.

thats why i like the giants odds of winning and actually making noise in the playoffs.

not to mention this team hasnt peaked yet. they havent played there best ball as a team AT ALL.

i actually predict we win by a couple of scores.

RagingBlue
01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't like the late starts. I just hope our players didn't get trashed last night and play like crap tonight. I don't like it when everybody is picking us to win. We play better as underdogs.

SIMMS5611
01-01-2012, 07:33 PM
If the Giants blow this game, it'll be "same old Giants", but week after week, hope after hope, I've been convinced, and remain convinced, that the Giants are due for a great, complete game on both sides of the ball, and against a worthy opponent.

I believe tonight's game is that game. I don't think they'll be sleepwalking; I think last weeks win was a solid confidence boost. Either call me crazy, or get on bboard!

Either way, LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!

nycsportzfan
01-02-2012, 12:00 AM
I actually got a good feeling about tonights game I think Tuck is actually back and playing like Tuck plays and with JPP being a beast i gotta feeling were gonna be putting tons of pressure on Romo I can see Romo throwing a couple crucial picks Its just a matter of if ELI can not throw a Pick or 2 and i think we'll pull it off ELI can't make any crucial mistakes We got a crucial pick and Tuck was a beast along with the whole Dline! I could see this one coming this wk!

egyptian420
01-02-2012, 12:04 AM
I actually got a good feeling about tonights game I think Tuck is actually back and playing like Tuck plays and with JPP being a beast i gotta feeling were gonna be putting tons of pressure on Romo I can see Romo throwing a couple crucial picks Its just a matter of if ELI can not throw a Pick or 2 and i think we'll pull it off ELI can't make any crucial mistakes We got a crucial pick and Tuck was a beast along with the whole Dline! I could see this one coming this wk!

+70....I have never been happier to be wrong my entire life....I never though we'd lose but I was kind of scared coming into this game and thought the team might not show up.....They for sure did, even though they gave us a scare in the 3rd qtr

nycsportzfan
01-02-2012, 01:22 AM

+70....I have never been happier to be wrong my entire life....I never though we'd lose but I was kind of scared coming into this game and thought the team might not show up.....They for sure did, even though they gave us a scare in the 3rd qtr
The only reason i felt really good this wk in a must win is because we had Tuck seemingly healthy and the performance they put on last week was inpressive and just felt we were gonna be that Dline that we loved so much when were at our best The giants go as goes there Dline There is no doubt about that The falcons are gonna have there hands full if our Dline made through this one totally healthy and ready for next wk! Jpp is the best 4/3 DE in football! Straight up!

Harooni
01-02-2012, 01:27 AM
http://30fps.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2012-January-1-21-53-24.jpg

TheEnigma
01-02-2012, 01:28 AM
omg fake fan lololol

On a serious note, I don't have a bad feeling about next week's game against the Falcons at all. Matty Ice hasn't won a single playoff game yet, Roddy White suffers from the dropsies, and Julio Jones is still a young kid. Don't get me wrong, the Falcons are a good team, but they are human and prone to mistakes from watching a few of their games.The key for us will be to shut down Turner and force Ryan to try and beat us.