PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted/Practice squad rookie punter starting for Cowboys!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Per Giants 101 facebook page...

The cowboys have placed Matt Mcbriar on IR and Chris jones, undrafted rookie punter will be starting...want some tidbits on this guy, here ya go...

He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Cowboys.[1] Jones was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad on October 28, 2011. He was then released and re-signed to the practice squad both on November 2, 2011. The Cowboys called up Jones from the practice squad on November 5, 2011, after an injury to Mat McBriar.[2]

If you dont think this could be potentially game changing, i dont know what is, rookie punters on big stage can have a huge effect on the game..ask matt dodge..

GO BLUE

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-31-2011, 04:38 PM
this is a BIG DEAL!

jomo
12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
this is a BIG DEAL!I will take all the advantages, big and little we can get. Our ST coach needs to find a few wrinkles to tighten this guy's panty hose when he receives the snap.

Sundown
12-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Jernigan will have a PR return for a TD book it!!

TuckYou
12-31-2011, 05:18 PM
He is from Tennessee, played college ball in Georgia, only played in the Seattle game. Hope he doesn't like the cold.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Jernigan will have a PR return for a TD book it!!

LOL that'd be sick! This can potentially huge.

GameTime
12-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Jernigan will have a PR return for a TD book it!! LOL that'd be sick! This can potentially huge.</P>

This all assuming that the Cowboys will need to punt......:)</P>

</P>

</P>

Denaliman316
12-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Hmm, wouldn't that make Romo the holder on FGs?

Imagine if we have a Matt Dodge moment against them.

GMENAGAIN
12-31-2011, 06:21 PM
It would have been so much better for us if they had signed Dodge . . . .

jomo
12-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Jernigan will have a PR return for a TD book it!!Let's not get carried away! lol

Gianthunter
12-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Poor kid. Anybody want to see JPP flyin at them?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-31-2011, 06:28 PM

Yes they said Romo is the holder, swollen hand and everything.!

Sundown
12-31-2011, 06:37 PM
Jernigan will have a PR return for a TD book it!!Let's not get carried away! lol

LOL!!

GameTime
12-31-2011, 06:39 PM

LOL!!
exactly....He still has to field it and the STs still have to block.
The opposing punter is NOT the reason the Giants have not been able to return punts more successfully....

ebick
12-31-2011, 07:49 PM

Don't think I agree with that. I am a bit surprised they didn't bring him in, and I could see him coming in and having a monster game against us....

GMENAGAIN
12-31-2011, 08:14 PM

Don't think I agree with that. I am a bit surprised they didn't bring him in, and I could see him coming in and having a monster game against us....
Yeah, sure . . . . a guy who has never had a monster game against anyone and who has sat unclaimed on the waiver wire all year, will suddenly come in and have a good game against us . . . .

The guy has moved on (with his shelf-stocking career at Walmart) and so should you . . . .

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-31-2011, 08:25 PM

Yeah, sure . . . . a guy who has never had a monster game against anyone and who has sat unclaimed on the waiver wire all year, will suddenly come in and have a good game against us . . . .

The guy has moved on (with his shelf-stocking career at Walmart) and so should you . . . .
Logic not necessary sometimes.

gmen0820
12-31-2011, 09:21 PM
We should put Ross back there. I really don't like Jernigan returning in this game.

DVision
12-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Blackmon is our punt returner. Jernigan returned kickoffs.

DemandedAce
12-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Prepare to see JPP, Osi, Tuck, Tolly, and Kiwi stacked at the line on punts to rush in there, also expect the Cowboys to anticipate this and possibly try a fake. Let's take advantage of this but not be stupid about it, bring the heat but leave some protection.

NYfanatic
12-31-2011, 11:03 PM
The Cowboys also called up quarterback Chris Greisen (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1992/chris-greisen) from the practice squad and cut guard Daniel Loper (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8564/daniel-loper). Greisen was signed to the practice squad on Dec. 14 after the team decided to put Jon Kitna (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1383/jon-kitna)
on injured reserve. This is the second straight year Greisen has been
called up by the Cowboys for the final regular season game. He served as
Stephen McGee (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12478/stephen-mcgee)'s backup last year at Philadelphia.
Yea! Any advantage is a good one

UmenYiourAnIdiot
01-01-2012, 01:21 AM

Yes they said Romo is the holder, swollen hand and everything.!

Seems Dallas is putting everything on the line here. Maybe rightfully so, but damn their taking some serious risks. I guess they have no choice with Romo.

BklynBlue
01-01-2012, 08:32 AM
He did not have such a bad game against Seattle when he was called up earlier this year.

giantsforce
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Jernigan will have a PR return for a TD book it!!When was the last time a Giants player returned a punt for TD? It's been so long I cannot remember. The Giants punt return is a joke.

Captain Chaos
01-01-2012, 11:54 AM
That would be a big deal if we had a punt return threat....

giantman8493
01-01-2012, 11:56 AM

The guy has moved on (with his shelf-stocking career at Walmart) and so should you . . . .Matt Dodge is better than our guy. I was so upset when we cut him.

Sundown
01-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Jernigan will have a PR return for a TD book it!!When was the last time a Giants player returned a punt for TD? It's been so long I cannot remember. The Giants punt return is a joke.

Its a bold prediction

FBomb
01-01-2012, 12:03 PM
It would have been so much better for us if they had signed Dodge . . . . Don't think I agree with that. I am a bit surprised they didn't bring him in, and I could see him coming in and having a monster game against us.... Yeah, sure . . . . a guy who has never had a monster game against anyone and who has sat unclaimed on the waiver wire all year, will suddenly come in and have a good game against us . . . . The guy has moved on (with his shelf-stocking career at Walmart) and so should you . . . .Matt Dodge is better than our guy. I was so upset when we cut him.</P>

lol.....you should put sarcasm in red font, otherwise people are going to think you really MEANT that.</P>

giantman8493
01-01-2012, 12:05 PM
It would have been so much better for us if they had signed Dodge . . . . Don't think I agree with that. I am a bit surprised they didn't bring him in, and I could see him coming in and having a monster game against us.... Yeah, sure . . . . a guy who has never had a monster game against anyone and who has sat unclaimed on the waiver wire all year, will suddenly come in and have a good game against us . . . . The guy has moved on (with his shelf-stocking career at Walmart) and so should you . . . .Matt Dodge is better than our guy. I was so upset when we cut him.</P>

lol.....you should put sarcasm in red font, otherwise people are going to think you really MEANT that.</P>I did mean it. I am a Dodge supporter.

ibbill
01-01-2012, 12:06 PM

LMAO @GMENAGAIN

FBomb
01-01-2012, 12:10 PM

lol.....you should put sarcasm in red font, otherwise people are going to think you really MEANT that.</P>

I did mean it. I am a Dodge supporter.</P>

I know you meant it.....I was beingsarcastic because there is NO WAY Dodge was better than Weatherford. You're delusional if you truly think that.</P>

giantman8493
01-01-2012, 12:14 PM

I know you meant it.....I was being*sarcastic because there is NO WAY Dodge was better than Weatherford.* You're delusional if you truly think that.</P>false

FBomb
01-01-2012, 12:15 PM

I know you meant it.....I was beingsarcastic because there is NO WAY Dodge was better than Weatherford. You're delusional if you truly think that.</P>

false</P>

lol....it takes all kinds!!</P>

So...what made Matty better?</P>

giantman8493
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM

I know you meant it.....I was being*sarcastic because there is NO WAY Dodge was better than Weatherford.* You're delusional if you truly think that.</P>

false</P>

So...what made Matty better?</P>His massive quadriceps

jomo
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM

false</P>

So...what made Matty better?</P>His massive quadricepslol, please take this conversation to another type of site.

FBomb
01-01-2012, 12:44 PM

false</P>

His massive quadriceps</P>

This conversation just gets more asinine with your every comment.</P>

giantman8493
01-01-2012, 12:54 PM

I know you meant it.....I was being*sarcastic because there is NO WAY Dodge was better than Weatherford.* You're delusional if you truly think that.</P>

false</P>

His massive </P>

This conversation just gets more asinine with your every comment.</P> What? Thats a big part of being a punter. You can't have skinny legs. You have to be strong. Dodge can punt 100 yards. People hate him for that ONE moment. Proof of that is the fact that I don't even need to say what that ONE MOMENT is.

FBomb
01-01-2012, 01:06 PM

false</P>

His massive </P>

What? Thats a big part of being a punter. You can't have skinny legs. You have to be strong. Dodge can punt 100 yards. People hate him for that ONE moment. Proof of that is the fact that I don't even need to say what that ONE MOMENT is.</P>

I never hated Matt Dodge for anything. He was a rook when that happened, and it certainly wasn't the single thing that lost us that game......but to say he's better than Weatherford is just simply not true. Being able to punt the ball 100 yards RARELY comes in handy when trying to pin your opponent inside the 5. SW is simply BETTER at that than Dodge was and he has a big leg too.</P>

He won the job and Dodge is without a team. Nuff said.</P>

giantman8493
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM

false</P>

His massive </P>

What? Thats a big part of being a punter. You can't have skinny legs. You have to be strong. Dodge can punt 100 yards. People hate him for that ONE moment. Proof of that is the fact that I don't even need to say what that ONE MOMENT is.</P>

I never hated Matt Dodge for anything.* He was a rook when that happened, and it certainly wasn't the single thing that lost us that game......but to say he's better than Weatherford is just simply not true.* Being able to punt the ball 100 yards RARELY comes in handy when trying to pin your opponent inside the 5.* SW is simply BETTER at that than Dodge was and he has a big leg too.</P>

He won the job and Dodge is without a team.* Nuff said.</P>I think the giants had to do that. Too many giants fans are too narrow minded to see that Dodge is better and there would be a riot. I feel bad for him. If only the giants held on to that lead...... we would have one of the best punters in the NFL.

GMENAGAIN
01-02-2012, 07:35 PM

false</P>

His massive </P>

I never hated Matt Dodge for anything.* He was a rook when that happened, and it certainly wasn't the single thing that lost us that game......but to say he's better than Weatherford is just simply not true.* Being able to punt the ball 100 yards RARELY comes in handy when trying to pin your opponent inside the 5.* SW is simply BETTER at that than Dodge was and he has a big leg too.</P>

He won the job and Dodge is without a team.* Nuff said.</P>I think the giants had to do that. Too many giants fans are too narrow minded to see that Dodge is better and there would be a riot. I feel bad for him. If only the giants held on to that lead...... we would have one of the best punters in the NFL.

You do realize that no other team picked him up this entire season, right?

SanAntonioGiant
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Yo, that kid earned his check last night!

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 08:04 PM

false</P>

His massive </P>

we have one of the best punters in the nfl right now.

giantman8493
01-05-2012, 12:07 AM

false</P>

His massive </P>

we have one of the best punters in the nfl right now. We would have THE best..

giantman8493
01-05-2012, 12:08 AM

false</P>

His massive </P>

You do realize that no other team picked him up this entire season, right?They are all losers.