PDA

View Full Version : Justin Pugh

mickpeg
06-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Opps Posted this wrong a minute ago.
So what's going on with Justin Pugh I haven't heard anything about him in the OTAs of the Mini Camp.
Mickpeg

RoanokeFan
06-19-2013, 01:27 PM
He's not signed his rookie contract but he's been participating in the tetams' activities and had said he will be at training camp.

Carter.525
06-19-2013, 01:34 PM
this Pugh thread is a reach.. :p

RoanokeFan
06-19-2013, 01:35 PM
It's just a question, no?

fansince69
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
this Pugh thread is a reach.. :pa short one

RoanokeFan
06-19-2013, 01:37 PM
a short one

LMAO Nice

miked1958
06-19-2013, 01:41 PM
I dont understand a Rookie or his Agents motavation to hold out..You are a NOBODY... You need to come in and get your deal signed and work hard. Period. you need to try and turn heads and impress on the football field. not draw unneeded attention from media, Fans and Teammates by holding out. It looks bad all the way around

miked1958
06-19-2013, 01:42 PM
also with the new CBA I thought there was very little wiggle room for rookies as far as what they could get in a first contract. Is it some type of scale depending on where you are picked in what round and overall?

repeatchamps
06-19-2013, 01:43 PM
I dont understand a Rookie or his Agents motavation to hold out..You are a NOBODY... You need to come in and get your deal signed and work hard. Period. you need to try and turn heads and impress on the football field. not draw unneeded attention from media, Fans and Teammates by holding out. It looks bad all the way around

Uh, Pugh has not been holding out. He has participated in all offseason activities and stated he will participate in training camp and is letting his agent handle the contract stuff. Sounds like he's doing exactly what he should be doing.

RoanokeFan
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM

No one is holding out. He and Nassib have simply not signed their contracts. Don't make an issue where there is none.

RoanokeFan
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
also with the new CBA I thought there was very little wiggle room for rookies as far as what they could get in a first contract. Is it some type of scale depending on where you are picked in what round and overall?

They can haggle over guarantee and other issues. It's not a big deal.

BigBlue wins
06-19-2013, 01:56 PM
/red maybe he was sick??

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2w75kN7pF1ro09hco1_500.jpg

BlueSanta
06-19-2013, 02:48 PM
how much do you expect to hear from an olineman when there is no contact?

"His footwork looks good and he is smart." - That about all that can be said. Surprisingly, that is exactly what has been said too.

giantscolombia
06-19-2013, 04:59 PM
So what's going on with Justin Pugh I haven't heard anything about him in the OTAs of the Mini Camp.
Mickpeg
Idk dude not much heard about him. He has not signed his contract yet but plans to attend camp.
Nothing news worthy.
Giantscolombia

fansince69
06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
No one is holding out. He and Nassib have simply not signed their contracts. Don't make an issue where there is none.I guess that eliminates 95% of the conversations on here

RoanokeFan
06-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I guess that eliminates 95% of the conversations on here

Maybe 80%

FishinTheSalt
06-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Here is an interview from SI posted yesterday. Makes some nice comments about the organization. Doesn't sound like holding out is an issue to me.

http://empirewritesback.com/2013/06/18/exclusive-interview-with-ny-giants-1st-rounder-justin-pugh/

Drez
06-19-2013, 07:50 PM
MickpegCan't really judge OL and interior DL in the spring. Have to wait until they get the pads on and can make contact.

jomo
06-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Can't really judge OL and interior DL in the spring. Have to wait until they get the pads on and can make contact.He is best served by stretching out those arms on a medievil rack 24/7 until camp begins. :)

giantsfan420
06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
They can haggle over guarantee and other issues. It's not a big deal.yeah, iirc, guaranteed money and length can be negotiated.

Drez
06-19-2013, 11:12 PM
I dont understand a Rookie or his Agents motavation to hold out..You are a NOBODY... You need to come in and get your deal signed and work hard. Period. you need to try and turn heads and impress on the football field. not draw unneeded attention from media, Fans and Teammates by holding out. It looks bad all the way aroundHe's not holding out. They're just working on the fine details of the contract. He signed the injury waivers to participate in rookie camp, OTAs, and mini-camp. He'll do what he can to participate in training camp.