PDA

View Full Version : I think Eli and Tony are pretty chummy

njsean
12-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs.

Anyone else get that impression?

I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."

jomo
12-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."I don't think it is productive to like the competition inyour work. There are too many other people on the planet to befriend. Why comiserate with someone who wants what you want. There can't be two winners. Any real friendship can/should wait until they retire. Just me.......

njsean
12-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."I don't think it is productive to like the competition in*your work. There are too many other people on the planet to befriend. Why comiserate with someone who wants what you want. There can't be two winners. Any real friendship can/should wait until they retire. Just me.......

I agree with you philosophically, but I've heard it stated that QBs are a strange fraternity. And it's not like other friendships don't exist between the teams. Look at Osi and Ware.

Its just funny because in the same NFL Network show, they later showed Romo defending Eli to somebody about media criticism.

GameTime
12-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."</P>

why does this even matter.....</P>

njsean
12-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."</P>

Fodder for discussion. I wasn't aware there were different degrees of consequence or significance regarding topics on the board.

Pardon me and point me in the right direction. Which of the threads here matter? I'll discuss those.

Gianthunter
12-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Quarterbacks don't play against each other. The media and fans are the ones that pit them together.

Giantsin04
12-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Tony is best friends with everyone. That's his thing.

GMENAGAIN
12-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Does "chummy" mean gay??

GameTime

Fodder for discussion. I wasn't aware there were different degrees of consequence or significance regarding topics on the board. Pardon me and point me in the right direction. Which of the threads here matter? I'll discuss those.</P>

easy Bro......</P>

Discussing the strengths and weaknesses of a team you are about to face is more relevant then to whether Eli and Romo are buddies...</P>

You are right....the board is filled with dopey threads.........</P>

</P>

</P>

njsean
Tony is best friends with everyone. That's his thing.

He does seem to have an affable nature. Let's hope he and JPP get real close tomorrow. I hope they're practically joined at the hip.

jomo
12-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."I don't think it is productive to like the competition inyour work. There are too many other people on the planet to befriend. Why comiserate with someone who wants what you want. There can't be two winners. Any real friendship can/should wait until they retire. Just me....... I agree with you philosophically, but I've heard it stated that QBs are a strange fraternity. And it's not like other friendships don't exist between the teams. Look at Osi and Ware. Its just funny because in the same NFL Network show, they later showed Romo defending Eli to somebody about media criticism.I get it and I understand that they are both pretty good guys.It just rubs me wrong. I hate seeing guys on losing teams with smiles on their faces while chatting it up with oponents after the game. Think Tiki.

njsean
12-31-2011, 06:25 PM

Fodder for discussion. I wasn't aware there were different degrees of consequence or significance regarding topics on the board. Pardon me and point me in the right direction. Which of the threads here matter? I'll discuss those.</P>

easy Bro......</P>

Discussing the strengths and weaknesses of a team you are about to face is more relevant then to whether Eli and Romo are buddies...</P>

You are right....the board is filled with dopey* threads.........</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Eh. I don't see any how anything is more objectively relevant than anything else on a message board.

njsean
12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."I don't think it is productive to like the competition in*your work. There are too many other people on the planet to befriend. Why comiserate with someone who wants what you want. There can't be two winners. Any real friendship can/should wait until they retire. Just me....... I agree with you philosophically, but I've heard it stated that QBs are a strange fraternity. And it's not like other friendships don't exist between the teams. Look at Osi and Ware. Its just funny because in the same NFL Network show, they later showed Romo defending Eli to somebody about media criticism.I get it and I understand that they are both pretty good guys.*It just rubs me wrong. I hate seeing guys on losing teams with smiles on their faces while chatting it up with oponents after the game. Think Tiki.

Oh, yeah. Or McNabb. He was the same way.

But I don't think it's one way or the other. I think the opposing players can be chums and yet still express the frustration at a loss without handslapping and laughing at the end.

GameTime
12-31-2011, 06:29 PM

easy Bro......</P>

You are right....the board is filled with dopey threads.........</P>

</P>

</P>

Eh. I don't see any how anything is more objectively relevant than anything else on a message board.</P>

OK....</P>

whatever.....</P>

</P>

</P>

gmen46
12-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Quarterbacks don't play against each other. The media and fans are the ones that pit them together.

Also, most QBs are subject to the same harsh light of local media and fans of their respective teams. That, along with the perils and challenges of playing their unique position, make QBs, in particular, a natural fraternity and mutual admiration society, even m ore so than players of other positions.

Mutual respect by elite professionals. What's unusual or wrong about that?

giantsfan420
12-31-2011, 07:55 PM
i forget who but it was a player i think simms from showtimes nfl show but he said its wierd how now a days players are friendly with each other. like back in the day, opposing team players hated one another on and off the field. it was rivalries and competition and a dislike for the guy trying to beat u. he said there was still a mutual respect but that players just in general really disliked each other.
and that nowadays with all the tweeting and social networking players are friends off the field but opponents on it. he wasnt saying that the competition level went down just that it was odd who it is now compared to back in the day

Giantsin04
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
i forget who but it was a player i think simms from showtimes nfl show but he said its wierd how now a days players are friendly with each other. like back in the day, opposing team players hated one another on and off the field. it was rivalries and competition and a dislike for the guy trying to beat u. he said there was still a mutual respect but that players just in general really disliked each other.
and that nowadays with all the tweeting and social networking players are friends off the field but opponents on it. he wasnt saying that the competition level went down just that it was odd who it is now compared to back in the day

Yup. And it kind of sucks.

Except for Jackobs of course. He hates everyone.

Joe Morrison
12-31-2011, 08:29 PM
You have to remember that these are people just like you and I.</P>

I have competitors in my line of work, we are freinds until it comes time to seal a deal.</P>

Once the coin toss is over I am sure Eli or Tony could care less about each other.</P>

Lets go GMEN.</P>

Harooni
01-01-2012, 02:05 AM
lol, Eli isnt going to have to tackle him. QB's can get a long no need to hate the other Qb. and it seems they are cool to each other.

Garbloz
01-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."I don't think it is productive to like the competition in*your work. There are too many other people on the planet to befriend. Why comiserate with someone who wants what you want. There can't be two winners. Any real friendship can/should wait until they retire. Just me.......

its not productive for other qbs to diss eli!! sb handshake lol

AK_Jim
01-01-2012, 05:27 AM
I hope so

GameTime
01-01-2012, 09:25 AM
some of you guys actually think that even if Romo and Eli were friends that it would affect the how they play the game?? Like they wouldnt want mess up their buddy's day??</P>

Please....these are two NFL QBs who are highly competetive and it would never get in the way. </P>

Besdies I think they have mutual respect for one another and they are probably not hang out buddies. </P>

</P>

</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-01-2012, 09:44 AM
They both go to Cabo -- one during the season, the other after it.

chasjay
01-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."</p>

why does this even matter.....</p>

it doesn't - we have all spent a full week trying to think of different things to think about regarding the game - injuries, wind, coaches' jobs, media slights, media praise, on and on - just something else

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-01-2012, 11:38 AM
I don't think they hang out together. Fine that they are cordial to each other in game situations

appodictic
01-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Two guys who always get crapped on or loved. I wonder what they would have in common.

canseco4040
01-01-2012, 02:48 PM
They can be as chummy as they want. The fact of the matter is one is a winner with ice in his veins, and one is a choke artist.