PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Roster Breakdown: James Brewer

RoanokeFan
06-19-2013, 06:16 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/19/4440338/new-york-giants-roster-breakdown-james-brewer

Excerpt: "Offensive lineman James Brewer is part of the three-headed competition for the right tackle job with the New York Giants.SHARE (1) (https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsbn.to%2F1bWEEGY)

We continue our breakdown of the 90-man roster the New York Giants will bring to training camp with a look at a player we focused on a bit during mini-camp, third-year offensive lineman James Brewer.

2012 Season In Review

Brewer saw his first regular-season action in 2012, albeit limited. He played 34 snaps at right tackle or right guard in five games. The 2011 fourth-round pick was exclusively a tackle in college at Indiana, but has added the ability to play guard to his resume.

[Brewer knows there is 'a spot to be won' (http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/12/4419872/new-york-giants-james-brewer-right-tackle-david-diehl-justin-pugh)]" Read more...

B&RWarrior
06-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Sounds like he sucks. Coaches usually find a way to make the glass half full and if all they can say is he has good days and then has bad days then I'm worried about him.

Carter.525
06-19-2013, 06:32 PM
I have no faith in him..

TCHOF
06-19-2013, 06:35 PM
He will not beat out Diehl or Pugh.

Captain Chaos
06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Yet another Message board punching bag, this guy did fine when he was in the games last year.

penguinfarmer
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
No he didn't. His technique hasn't improved at all since being here.

jomo
06-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Sounds like he sucks. Coaches usually find a way to make the glass half full and if all they can say is he has good days and then has bad days then I'm worried about him.Agreed, at this stage of his career "good days and bad days" means no good days.

BigBlue wins
06-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Agreed, at this stage of his career "good days and bad days" means no good days.

Adding to that. Only 34 snaps. The coaches saw problems they weren't comfortable with.

TCHOF
06-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Adding to that. Only 34 snaps. The coaches saw problems they weren't comfortable with.

I saw a problem when he played T last preseason . . . he stinks

GameTime
06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
6 foot 6 and 330....damn bro.....get your big *** in gear and **** someone up......

Carter.525
06-20-2013, 02:48 PM
6 foot 6 and 330....damn bro.....get your big *** in gear and **** someone up......

yea, he sure does look the part..

joemorrisforprez
06-20-2013, 04:03 PM
I hope he's improved from 2012.

When Locklear went down, they decided to go with David Diehl, playing on an injured MCL, rather than go with Brewer.

At 6-6 and 330, maybe it was an issue of getting his technique down.....maybe he was just not yet ready for the pro game as a rookie.

B-Red22
06-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Agreed, at this stage of his career "good days and bad days" means no good days.
This will be his third year, what do u mean at this point in his career?? Everyone always says wait till the 3rd years to judge a draft pick, and u are one of the guys on this board who say that

Mercury
06-20-2013, 04:56 PM
He'll get plenty of chances in preseason to win us over. And if he isn't up to snuff, he won't be on the roster come late August.

jomo
06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
This will be his third year, what do u mean at this point in his career?? Everyone always says wait till the 3rd years to judge a draft pick, and u are one of the guys on this board who say thatWhat I mean is that 3 years is too long to have ups and downs in coach speak. They use that with rookies that they are trying to cover. By year 3 "ups and downs" means not so good.

BlueSanta
06-20-2013, 07:01 PM
At this point in his career, I think he is more likely to make the roster as a guard then a tackle. Last preseason he did look like he had serious balance issues. Who knows, maybe he will pull a Corey Webster and turn into a good player in his 3rd year.

jomo
06-20-2013, 07:05 PM
At this point in his career, I think he is more likely to make the roster as a guard then a tackle. Last preseason he did look like he had serious balance issues. Who knows, maybe he will pull a Corey Webster and turn into a good player in his 3rd year.Like you, I hope so but offesnsive linemen with balance issues who tip over like cows are not likely to help us.

BlueSanta
06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Like you, I hope so but offesnsive linemen with balance issues who tip over like cows are not likely to help us.

I agree. He hasn't shown much promise, especially at tackle. I think they will take a look at him at guard and if they don't like what they see he will find himself unemployed soon. From what I saw he did not have the proper balance and footwork for tackle. 1 thing correctly stated in this article is there are roster spots. We have holes in our guard depth, as well as 2 guards who likely wont be with the team in a year or 2.

jomo
06-20-2013, 07:15 PM
I agree. He hasn't shown much promise, especially at tackle. I think they will take a look at him at guard and if they don't like what they see he will find himself unemployed soon. From what I saw he did not have the proper balance and footwork for tackle. 1 thing correctly stated in this article is there are roster spots. We have holes in our guard depth, as well as 2 guards who likely wont be with the team in a year or 2.Yes, I think that the G position will accomodate more of a straight ahead power player because you generally play in a tighter box than a T. I wonder what happens when you are pulling and someone shoves your pads and you fall down like a sack of potatos? That is what training camp is all about..........to sort this stuff out.

penguinfarmer
06-20-2013, 07:36 PM
The problem is that he isn't a power player. He isn't strong at all. You see it in his technique in that he uses his size to lean into his defender hoping to wall him off instead of actually trying to hold or push him back. I understand he was a project lineman, but his technique looks as if it had not improved since college.

jomo
06-20-2013, 08:07 PM
The problem is that he isn't a power player. He isn't strong at all. You see it in his technique in that he uses his size to lean into his defender hoping to wall him off instead of actually trying to hold or push him back. I understand he was a project lineman, but his technique looks as if it had not improved since college.Pull down the shade.