PDA

View Full Version : Ernie's scouting report on Eli

Pages : [1] 2

Roosevelt
06-19-2013, 09:40 PM
A very interesting read which confirms EA knew his stuff. I highlighted some things in italic that I feel are worthwhile to point out and I'll touch on them afterwards.

Wears left knee brace… During pregame warmup, didn't look like he had a rocket arm… As game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep ball range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver's right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

Summary: I think he's the complete package. He's not going to be a fast runner, but a little like Joe Montana, he has enough athletic ability to get out of trouble. Remember how Archie ran? In that department, Eli doesn't have the best genes, although I never timed mom Olivia in the 40. But he has a feel for the pocket.

Feels the rush.

Throws the ball, takes the hit, gets right back up… Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic…Peyton had much better talent around him at Tennessee. But I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother. Eli doesn't get much help from the coaching staff. If he comes out early, we should move up to take him. These guys are rare, you know.

Ernie Accorsi

First thing of note is Ernie's recognition that Eli is the type of player that coaches should just let play. Don't we all agree that Eli is bogged down with too much crap in KG's system?

Next, he's inaccurate throwing high. We still see evidence of that even today.

Forces passes and could have run. Again, two things he could still improve upon.

Has a good feel for the pocket and moves well enough to get out of trouble.

Lastly, Ernie touches on Eli's "magic". No doubt Eli is an unusually special player.

MattMeyerBud
06-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Waiting til the last second? Takes big hits? My scout tells me he doesn't do that. Lets for arguments sake call him Boarhead

primetime
06-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Awesome find on this.
EA is spot on with Eli's assessment, and that comment "call it magic" is Eli to a T.
We as fans can't describe it, but he has shown over the years he has "it"
Also EA is not that off by saying Eli can be better than Peyton. If you look at stats Peyton is a county mile ahead of Eli, but I believe when it comes to pressure games (playoffs) Eli is in a class with some of the best ever.

byron
06-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Waiting til the last second? Takes big hits? My scout tells me he doesn't do that. Lets for arguments sake call him Boarhead hahaha... and gets right back up ! he's a tough sob ....
I'd say EA had him pegged...thanks Rosey

Roosevelt
06-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Waiting til the last second? Takes big hits? My scout tells me he doesn't do that. Lets for arguments sake call him Boarhead

:)

Roosevelt
06-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Awesome find on this.
EA is spot on with Eli's assessment, and that comment "call it magic" is Eli to a T.
We as fans can't describe it, but he has shown over the years he has "it"
Also EA is not that off by saying Eli can be better than Peyton. If you look at stats Peyton is a county mile ahead of Eli, but I believe when it comes to pressure games (playoffs) Eli is in a class with some of the best ever.

Eli is simply uncanny under pressure.

gian_18778
06-19-2013, 10:35 PM
"Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders.."

That how you find the foundation on which to build your team!

Roosevelt
06-19-2013, 10:50 PM
"Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders.."

That how you find the foundation on which to build your team!

I have to admit that I never thought of Eli as the foundation of our team...

Drez
06-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I have to admit that I never thought of Eli as the foundation of our team...Say what?

Roosevelt
06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Say what?

Foundations need to be solid or they won't stand the test of time.

While the Giants have made a solid investment in him, and I believe he's a "solid" individual, I wouldn't describe his game that way after watching 2012.

He's delivered the goods no doubt, but there's something about his game that isn't exactly "reassuring". Maybe that's more about the mentality of a long time Giants fan than him, I don't know...

GameTime
06-19-2013, 11:37 PM

While the Giants have made a solid investment in him, and I believe he's a "solid" individual, I wouldn't describe his game that way after watching 2012.

He's delivered the goods no doubt, but there's something about his game that isn't exactly "reassuring". Maybe that's more about the mentality of a long time Giants fan than him, I don't know...

Even so he has been the foundation or starting point for this team since his second year. But what you say has merit for sure...
Sometimes I doubt him as much as I have faith he can quide the team to an awesome game........crazy...

appodictic
06-19-2013, 11:39 PM
In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free.

Wow they managed to build a giants team just like his Ole Miss team to help him be successfull! Amazing

giants8493
06-20-2013, 02:02 AM
this is it?

poppa smurph
06-20-2013, 06:35 AM
I first read this scouting report on Eli in EA's book the GM a few years ago. And while it made sense then, it seems like EA had some type of crystal ball at his disposal now, especially the toughness and just enough escapabilty parts.

fansince69
06-20-2013, 06:58 AM

He's delivered the goods no doubt, but there's something about his game that isn't exactly "reassuring". Maybe that's more about the mentality of a long time Giants fan than him, I don't know...Every time he drops back to pass it seems like I hold my breath ....I never know which team will end up with the ball....but on the other end of the spectrum I never feel like we are out of a game....and going into the 4th quarter I always feel like somehow he will find a way to pull it out...I agree with Rosie....he is not exactly reassuring but it sure is exciting ,,,,,,I have to admit this is a good time to be a Giants fan and we will miss Eli when we try to get through the next Dave Brown

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 07:01 AM
I have to admit that I never thought of Eli as the foundation of our team...When you take a quarterback with the first pick and move up to get him....ummm yeah he is the foundation of our team. Then and now.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 07:04 AM
A very interesting read which confirms EA knew his stuff. I highlighted some things in italic that I feel are worthwhile to point out and I'll touch on them afterwards.

Wears left knee brace… During pregame warmup, didn't look like he had a rocket arm… As game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep ball range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver's right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

Summary: I think he's the complete package. He's not going to be a fast runner, but a little like Joe Montana, he has enough athletic ability to get out of trouble. Remember how Archie ran? In that department, Eli doesn't have the best genes, although I never timed mom Olivia in the 40. But he has a feel for the pocket.

Feels the rush.

Throws the ball, takes the hit, gets right back up… Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic…Peyton had much better talent around him at Tennessee. But I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother. Eli doesn't get much help from the coaching staff. If he comes out early, we should move up to take him. These guys are rare, you know.

Ernie Accorsi

First thing of note is Ernie's recognition that Eli is the type of player that coaches should just let play. Don't we all agree that Eli is bogged down with too much crap in KG's system?

Next, he's inaccurate throwing high. We still see evidence of that even today.

Forces passes and could have run. Again, two things he could still improve upon.

Has a good feel for the pocket and moves well enough to get out of trouble.

Lastly, Ernie touches on Eli's "magic". No doubt Eli is an unusually special player. Well what do you know EA is basically calling him tough, something that a lot of people were failing to admit. He's also saying that this kid is good with even a shot o-line.

SweetZombieJesus
06-20-2013, 07:26 AM

Imagine if he was ever injured for a year -- or when he retires. How many games did Eli save in 2011 and we were 9-7 with those saves?

rebelfan1966
06-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Let's hear a BIG OLE MISS HOTTY TODDY for bringing us Eli Manning !!!!

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 08:57 AM
No one is perfect.
He DID trade up to draft Sinorice Moss.........

Delicreep
06-20-2013, 09:44 AM

I think a lot of the older posters, myself included, struggle with that.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Every time he drops back to pass it seems like I hold my breath ....I never know which team will end up with the ball....but on the other end of the spectrum I never feel like we are out of a game....and going into the 4th quarter I always feel like somehow he will find a way to pull it out...I agree with Rosie....he is not exactly reassuring but it sure is exciting ,,,,,,I have to admit this is a good time to be a Giants fan and we will miss Eli when we try to get through the next Dave Brown

Yes, no doubt it's been a helluva ride so far with Eli.

Rudyy
06-20-2013, 09:48 AM
He regressed and he is now not the foundatiom of our team? Is Drew Brees not the foundation of the Saints because of his iffy season? (Don't bring up 40 td's because he still struggled). Without Eli, we wouldn't have won the SB in 2007 or 2011. We live and die by Eli's play on the field. He is very much so the foundation of this team.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 10:00 AM
When you take a quarterback with the first pick and move up to get him....ummm yeah he is the foundation of our team. Then and now.

Eli was the jewel in the draft, but he didn't come in and light up the league by any stretch. Three years in and our GM is referring to him as skittish.

So no, when I think in terms of that word I don't think of Eli, I think of his brother.

GameTime
06-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Eli was the jewel in the draft, but he didn't come in and light up the league by any stretch. Three years in and our GM is referring to him as skittish.

So no, when I think in terms of that word I don't think of Eli, I think of his brother.

he didnt act or perform like the "foundation" at first but he was certainly drafted/traded to be just that. Like most QBs.....

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 10:03 AM
this is it?

Yes.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 10:04 AM
he didnt act or perform like the "foundation" at first but he was certainly drafted/traded to be just that. Like most QBs.....

Totally agree.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Imagine if he was ever injured for a year -- or when he retires. How many games did Eli save in 2011 and we were 9-7 with those saves?

I believe he saved more games in 2011 than he saved in 2008,2009 and 2010 combined.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 10:15 AM
I think a lot of the older posters, myself included, struggle with that.

Which is not meant as an insult in anyway. Maybe it's simply an age thing.

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I believe he saved more games in 2011 than he saved in 2008,2009 and 2010 combined.
He had a little help form Cruz, Nicks and JPP.

GameTime
06-20-2013, 10:51 AM
He had a little help form Cruz, Nicks and JPP.
no....really??? Just couldn't help yourself could you....

especially knowing Rosie would agree with you anyway.....

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 11:03 AM

I disagree.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 11:24 AM
he didnt act or perform like the "foundation" at first but he was certainly drafted/traded to be just that. Like most QBs.....+1

TCHOF
06-20-2013, 11:24 AM

Eh, he's the unquestioned foundation of our team because our team's fortunes rest more on his performance than on the perfomance of any other single player.

Now, you can debate whether he is a solid foundation or not, which I am sure that you will now proceed to do for 50 pages and/or until this thread is inevitable locked . .. .

gumby74
06-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Eh, he's the unquestioned foundation of our team because our team's fortunes rest more on his performance than on the perfomance of any other single player.

Now, you can debate whether he is a solid foundation or not, which I am sure that you will now proceed to do for 50 pages and/or until this thread is inevitable locked . .. . +1

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 12:42 PM

I'm a Giants fan. I root for my team. I don't like it when any one player is given too much credit or blame. Including Eli.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm a Giants fan. I root for my team. I don't like it when any one player is given too much credit or blame. Including Eli.Except if it were Simms...

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Except if it were Simms...
You know he's been retired for 20 years....right?

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:20 PM
You know he's been retired for 20 years....right?Just answer the question, did you or did you not give Simms most of the credit for Giants success in the 80's??

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Just answer the question, did you or did you not give Simms most of the credit for Giants success in the 80's??
No.

You may have read in your history books that there were guys named Lawrence Taylor, Gary Reasons, Leonard Marshall, Eric Howard, Joe Morris, Carl Banks, George Martin, Jumbo Elliot, Eric Moore, Sean Landeta etc..........

GameTime
06-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I disagree.
didnt mean to put words in your mouth so to speak...
just figured it wasnt Eli alone who made the comebacks. Team sport.
Basically I was busting on MH because he has to show what Eli "isnt" at every opportunity...

GameTime
06-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm a Giants fan. I root for my team. I don't like it when any one player is given too much credit or blame. Including Eli.
oh stop....

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:29 PM
No.

You may have read in your history books that there were guys named Lawrence Taylor, Gary Reasons, Leonard Marshall, Eric Howard, Joe Morris, Carl Banks, George Martin, Jumbo Elliot, Eric Moore, Sean Landeta etc..........I don't believe you....Yes I've heard and seen all them play. Your a Phil fanboy, so I can't believe you. I never hear you talk about those other players like you talk about Phil.

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Basically I was busting on MH because he has to show what Eli "isnt" at every opportunity...
Why are all you guys so fixated on me and my intentions?
Trust me...I'm not as interesting as you seem to find me.
I would really prefer to discuss football without the "true intentions" of each poster being examined.

I'm actually sick of it.

GameTime
06-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Why are all you guys so fixated on me and my intentions?
Trust me...I'm not as interesting as you seem to find me.
I would really prefer to discuss football without the "true intentions" of each poster being examined.

I'm actually sick of it.
first off I like to bust your chops...
second....you plainly said you dont like to give one player too much credit or blame.
third....thats excatly what you did....you took some dredit away from Eli because Rosie said "he" made the come backs...

no biggie......the road to hell is paved with "true intentions"......lol ( I took literary liscense to change "good" to "true")....

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't believe you....Yes I've heard and seen all them play. Your a Phil fanboy, so I can't believe you. I never hear you talk about those other players like you talk about Phil.
I simply don't care what you believe.

NYGabriel
06-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Eli's completion percentage isn't good enough. I know the giants like the big play but it highlights his biggest fault - inconsistency.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:37 PM
I simply don't care what you believe.Haha... don't get mad. I must have been right if your getting that upset...

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 01:37 PM
first off I like to bust your chops...
second....you plainly said you dont like to give one player too much credit or blame.
third....thats excatly what you did....you took some dredit away from Eli because Rosie said "he" made the come backs...

no biggie......the road to hell is paved with "true intentions"......lol ( I took literary liscense to change "good" to "true")....
Oh Come On. that is NOT what I did. I simply made a statement which seems in complete agreement with what you said in this post.
The problem is you guys have this burning need to read other crap into it.
No player wins or loses games by themselves...Period.
Is this clear?

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:38 PM
There's no shame in having Phil as your favorite player and giving him the most credit MS.

GameTime
06-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Oh Come On. that is NOT what I did. I simply made a statement which seems in complete agreement with what you said in this post.
The problem is you guys have this burning need to read other crap into it.
No player wins or loses games by themselves...Period.
Is this clear?

allllllllrighty then.....if you say so.......:cool:

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 01:40 PM
There's no shame in having Phil as your favorite player and giving him the most credit MS.
He's my favorite player but its a team game. And teams win or lose games.
Its strange that this is a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:42 PM
He's my favorite player but its a team game. And teams win or lose games.
Its strange that this is a difficult concept for you to grasp.It's not at all, for example who would you give the most credit for in the SB win over Denver??

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 01:49 PM
It's not at all, for example who would you give the most credit for in the SB win over Denver??
By most, I assume you mean more than 50%.
The answer in that scenario is no one.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:50 PM
By most, I assume you mean more than 50%.
The answer in that scenario is no one.lol...ok.

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 01:54 PM
lol...ok.
You can't beat me.
You will never beat me.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:58 PM
You can't beat me.
You will never beat me.I know your just to damn good...

BuffyBlueII
06-20-2013, 02:02 PM
I simply don't care what you believe.

Of course you do or wouldn't have responded to it.

VDC, you fool no one.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 02:10 PM

I was being facetious.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Just answer the question, did you or did you not give Simms most of the credit for Giants success in the 80's??

That's a ridiculous question. Here's a little history for you. A good day for Simms was leaving Giants stadium and not finding his car egged by Giants fans. There's a clip on Youtube where Phil talks about playing a good game and coming out to find a box on his car. Inside was some cologne and a note the read "you played well but you still stink". In all Phil said he ended up spending about $50,000 to fix the damages done to his car made by Giants fans.

giantscolombia
06-20-2013, 02:33 PM
This article is insane! I cannot believe how precise this guy was with his scouting! He is describing Eli like if he had traveled to the future and came back.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 02:43 PM
This article is insane! I cannot believe how precise this guy was with his scouting! He is describing Eli like if he had traveled to the future and came back.

That's what the point of thread. lol.

giantscolombia
06-20-2013, 03:10 PM
That's what the point of thread. lol.
I know. I'm highlighting that point.
It's pretty amazing!

Rudyy
06-20-2013, 03:15 PM
That's what the point of thread. lol.HE WAS JUST GIVING HIS INSIGHT. GEEZ ROSIE GIVE HIM A BREAK.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 04:37 PM
HE WAS JUST GIVING HIS INSIGHT. GEEZ ROSIE GIVE HIM A BREAK.

I know that, and that was my way of giving him props for staying on topic instead of turning the thread into typical Elibabble.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear.

giantscolombia
06-20-2013, 04:48 PM
I know that, and that was my way of giving him props for staying on topic instead of turning the thread into typical Elibabble.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear.

Well, Thank you.

But!!!!! DOES THIS MAKE ELI ELITE!?!??! ahhaha jk....

** I hope no one takes this ridiculous bait**

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Well, Thank you.

But!!!!! DOES THIS MAKE ELI ELITE!?!??! ahhaha jk....

** I hope no one takes this ridiculous bait**

Oh, they most certainly will. ;-)

Rudyy
06-20-2013, 05:23 PM

I guess I didn't make myself very clear.I was just giving you a hard time.

Usually when I type in all caps, I'm messing around.

SORRY.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 05:39 PM
I was just giving you a hard time.

Usually when I type in all caps, I'm messing around.

SORRY.

:-)

njsean
06-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Everything seems dumb after a few pages.

Rudyy
06-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Everything seems dumb after a few pages.Thanks for adding an extra dose of dumb!

njsean
06-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks for adding an extra dose of dumb!

Apologies. No filter between the mind and the fingers at that exact moment.

B&RWarrior
06-20-2013, 08:37 PM
I think Eli is more clutch then Peyton but not a better QB then Peyton, if that makes sense. I feel the same way about Eli when I compare him to Romo.

I brought this up because Ernie thought he had a chance to be better than Peyton.

I disagree with the just let him play thinking. I think part of the advantage of the Mannings is they make great decisions. I feel very comfortable with Eli having the power to call and change plays at the line. It truly is his offense now.

NYGinIN666
06-20-2013, 08:39 PM

I've never fully embraced the concept of a foundational player; specifically team sports. Of course, there's influential, instrumental, and talented players, but not foundational. Players do not exist in isolation, there's no center, there's no foundation, there's no reason to privilege any one position of another's because they need each other. Some positions are more important in different situations but that is fluid too. Foundation begins to emerge in the spaces between players, foundation is something practiced and shared between 11 guys, or 22 guys, or 53 guys. Team is the foundation
, the players are the bricks. A foundation is stronger because the bricks are assembled well, not because one bears more of a load than another's.

B&RWarrior
06-20-2013, 08:42 PM
I've never fully embraced the concept of a foundational player; specifically team sports. Of course, there's influential, instrumental, and talented players, but not foundational. Players do not exist in isolation, there's no center, there's no foundation, there's no reason to privilege any one position of another's because they need each other. Some positions are more important in different situations but that is fluid too. Foundation begins to emerge in the spaces between players, foundation is something practiced and shared between 11 guys, or 22 guys, or 53 guys. Team is the foundation
, the players are the bricks. A foundation is stronger because the bricks are assembled well, not because one bears more of a load than another's.

Nice

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 08:55 PM
I think Eli is more clutch then Peyton but not a better QB then Peyton, if that makes sense. I feel the same way about Eli when I compare him to Romo.

I brought this up because Ernie thought he had a chance to be better than Peyton.

I disagree with the just let him play thinking. I think part of the advantage of the Mannings is they make great decisions. I feel very comfortable with Eli having the power to call and change plays at the line. It truly is his offense now.

Interesting. I've always felt he plays better when he doesn't have to play "beat the clock". And KG's recent comments do indicate that his understanding of what the coaches are trying to do, as well as his ability to recognize the disguises he's facing defensively are still a work in progress.

B&RWarrior
06-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Interesting. I've always felt he plays better when he doesn't have to play "beat the clock". And KG's recent comments do indicate that his understanding of what the coaches are trying to do, as well as his ability to recognize the disguises he's facing defensively are still a work in progress.

Wow! You don't think Eli is at his best in the 2 minute drill trying to "beat the clock"? I do. I think it stems from the fact that is how he played ball at Ole Miss as Ernie observed.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 09:05 PM

Well said. I've never thought of using that word to describe any throughout our history. I think that word is best suited for Wellington Mara.

gumby74
06-20-2013, 09:10 PM

I actually agree with Ernie. Eli isn't the most efficient passer out there. He's not going to go 14-20 for 250 and 2 TDs even if he has all day to throw. He's a high volume passer. In order to get the most out of him, you just gotta let him loose.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Wow! You don't think Eli is at his best in the 2 minute drill trying to "beat the clock"? I do. I think it stems from the fact that is how he played ball at Ole Miss as Ernie observed.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. In the two minute drill absolutely, he's tremendous and our coaching staff is very good too. But I was referring to him coming at of the huddle (late) and trying to set the play while the play clock is dwindling. And for the record, I'm not knocking him, I just don't enjoy that part of our offense.

fansince69
06-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. In the two minute drill absolutely, he's tremendous and our coaching staff is very good too. But I was referring to him coming at of the huddle (late) and trying to set the play while the play clock is dwindling. And for the record, I'm not knocking him, I just don't enjoy that part of our offense.I still honestly wonder....... is it Eli getting out of the huddle late or is he getting the play late?? and that's the cause.....Just seems to convenient to just blame Eli every time

Harooni
06-20-2013, 09:20 PM
he was really accurate on his assessment. he often early in his career was wild high, he doesnt have the best genes athletic wise and he often forces passes resulting in too many ints. but he has some sort of special magic that he can throw off his back foot while eyes closed and make a outstanding play when most of us are thinking oohhhh noooo. he works hard is a smart player and just over all a good guy.

if i was EA and saw him throw 3 ints i would have rated him much lower. but EA we know was crazy about last names after he missed out on FA ronde Barber.

B&RWarrior
06-20-2013, 09:23 PM
I actually agree with Ernie. Eli isn't the most efficient passer out there. He's not going to go 14-20 for 250 and 2 TDs even if he has all day to throw. He's a high volume passer. In order to get the most out of him, you just gotta let him loose.

I prefer Eli's numbers to look like 2008 in this Gilbride offense because it means the running game is doing the job it's supposed to do.

B&RWarrior
06-20-2013, 09:24 PM
I still honestly wonder....... is it Eli getting out of the huddle late or is he getting the play late?? and that's the cause.....Just seems to convenient to just blame Eli every time

I think it's Gilbride. Eli always looks pissed when he has to call a timeout.

Roosevelt
06-20-2013, 09:25 PM
I still honestly wonder....... is it Eli getting out of the huddle late or is he getting the play late?? and that's the cause.....Just seems to convenient to just blame Eli every time

Agreed, which is why I said I wasn't knocking him. I do believe it's our system.

JohnW62
06-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Eli is a big game player, would never count out the Giants in the playoffs while he is the quarteback

giantsfan420
06-20-2013, 11:57 PM
he was really accurate on his assessment. he often early in his career was wild high, he doesnt have the best genes athletic wise and he often forces passes resulting in too many ints. but he has some sort of special magic that he can throw off his back foot while eyes closed and make a outstanding play when most of us are thinking oohhhh noooo. he works hard is a smart player and just over all a good guy.

if i was EA and saw him throw 3 ints i would have rated him much lower. but EA we know was crazy about last names after he missed out on FA ronde Barber.this might be the worst explanation/summary possible of what EA actually said

gumby74
06-21-2013, 08:33 AM

I prefer Eli's numbers to look like 2008 in this Gilbride offense because it means the running game is doing the job it's supposed to do.

True, but with 2 1000 yard rushers, you'd expect much better numbers. Heck, when Ben was playing game manager with Bettis, he had a phenomenal year where all he had to do was hit the open man. He had some games where he went something like 14-20 2 TDs and 250 yards.

To maximize Eli imo, he needs to throw more. I'm not saying that the Giants as a whole will be more successful, but Eli personally will play better.

GameTime
06-21-2013, 08:43 AM

if i was EA and saw him throw 3 ints i would have rated him much lower. but EA we know was crazy about last names after he missed out on FA ronde Barber.
more backhanded BS from the you....nice....

giantsfan420
06-21-2013, 08:59 AM
i honestly cant fathom how some of these "thoughts" are being reached, how far off base and out of whack...kinda impossible to believe.

somehow Pitt wanting to limit Bens pass attempts those first two yrs with Bettis bc he was absolutely terrible when he had thrown for more than like 18 passes. It was 1 of the only times i'd ever seen a qb get the tebow treatment long before tebow (ya know, run run run. pass if you have to out of desperation). Pitt went something like 10-0 when ben had less than 20 attempts and no tds lmfao...yeah he really knew how to maximize his game where eli needs "more passes and should be more like ben those first years and maximize his play" unfrigging believable lmao. big ben maximized his play so much it rubbed off on randle el who was the better qb (as a WR) that first SB (where ben had the worst performance by a sb qb all time iirc?)big ben was the ultimate "put in someone to manage his attempts and not turn it over" QB those first few yrs.

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 09:05 AM
You guys just don't understand the sardonic genius of Harooni.
This stuff is poetry.
Everyone please lighten up and enjoy it for its dark beauty.

BuffyBlueII
06-21-2013, 09:25 AM
he was really accurate on his assessment. he often early in his career was wild high, he doesnt have the best genes athletic wise and he often forces passes resulting in too many ints. but he has some sort of special magic that he can throw off his back foot while eyes closed and make a outstanding play when most of us are thinking oohhhh noooo.

Now you claim that Eli throws with his eyes closed.

You really are bitter that Tiki never got a SuperBowl Ring.

GameTime
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM
You guys just don't understand the sardonic genius of Harooni.
This stuff is poetry.
Everyone please lighten up and enjoy it for its dark beauty.

is not genius....its just annoying.
so he gets my goat by saying that ****......

GameTime
06-21-2013, 09:27 AM
i honestly cant fathom how some of these "thoughts" are being reached, how far off base and out of whack...kinda impossible to believe.

somehow Pitt wanting to limit Bens pass attempts those first two yrs with Bettis bc he was absolutely terrible when he had thrown for more than like 18 passes. It was 1 of the only times i'd ever seen a qb get the tebow treatment long before tebow (ya know, run run run. pass if you have to out of desperation). Pitt went something like 10-0 when ben had less than 20 attempts and no tds lmfao...yeah he really knew how to maximize his game where eli needs "more passes and should be more like ben those first years and maximize his play" unfrigging believable lmao. big ben maximized his play so much it rubbed off on randle el who was the better qb (as a WR) that first SB (where ben had the worst performance by a sb qb all time iirc?)big ben was the ultimate "put in someone to manage his attempts and not turn it over" QB those first few yrs.

either way....Ben is a very good QB......

fansince69
06-21-2013, 09:28 AM

You really are bitter that Tiki never got a SuperBowl Ring.I think him saying with his eyes close is just hyperbole......perhaps not everything he says is literal....

GameTime
06-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I think him saying with his eyes close is just hyperbole......perhaps not everything he says is literal....

no way....when it comes to Harooni and Morehead.....they are the queens of backhanded compliments when it comes to Eli.
they know exactly what they are saying.....

fansince69
06-21-2013, 09:34 AM
no way....when it comes to Harooni and Morehead.....they are the queens of backhanded compliments when it comes to Eli.
they know exactly what they are saying.....I have been a witness to many years of harooni and MH...I am well aware of how they operate......but to honestly think that harooni is being literal about throwing with his eyes closed.........

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 09:37 AM

they know exactly what they are saying.....
You mean like..."Eli is a fine QB......for a guy who is second rate in his own family and is made of a synthetic rubbery composite material and has no skeleton"

That kind of thing?

MattMeyerBud
06-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. In the two minute drill absolutely, he's tremendous and our coaching staff is very good too. But I was referring to him coming at of the huddle (late) and trying to set the play while the play clock is dwindling. And for the record, I'm not knocking him, I just don't enjoy that part of our offense.

it drives me INSANE

MattMeyerBud
06-21-2013, 09:39 AM

I prefer Eli to win like 2007 and 2011

numbers are for silly debates and fantasy football

MattMeyerBud
06-21-2013, 09:40 AM
You mean like..."Eli is a fine QB......for a guy who is second rate in his own family and is made of a synthetic rubbery composite material and has no skeleton"

That kind of thing?

but at least he'll be in the Hall, can't say the same for Phil

;)

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 09:42 AM

but at least he'll be in the Hall, can't say the same for Phil

;)
The "All Rubber Hall Of Fame" doesn't count.

Hahahaha!!!!!

fansince69
06-21-2013, 09:43 AM
The "All Rubber Hall Of Fame" doesn't count.

Hahahaha!!!!!Good year ..hall of fame?

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 09:44 AM

Good year ..hall of fame?
Poor Eli.

Such a tragic hero.

fansince69
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Poor Eli.

Such a tragic hero.Hes right there with the Stay puft marshmallow man and the Michelin man

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 09:58 AM

Poor Eli.

Such a tragic hero.

Hes right there with the Stay puft marshmallow man and the Michelin man
There is an interesting status of Eli's heroics.

Its like he's the hero of every kid who got beat up for his lunch money.

There is something noble about that.

B&RWarrior
06-21-2013, 10:22 AM
I prefer Eli to win like 2007 and 2011

numbers are for silly debates and fantasy football

We won in 2 different manners in 2007 and 2011. What coaches do and what I do is try to see how they won in order to maintain that high level of performance. I don't think 2011 is a model for consistent success. Even the coaches admit they want more balance. We were never more dominant than in 2008.

I know you're happy with the win but the ultimate goal is to continue winning. Welcome to the next level.

GameTime
06-21-2013, 10:57 AM

That kind of thing?
you said it queen.....

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 10:59 AM

Poor Eli.

Such a tragic hero.

you said it queen.....
Well I am stalked like one.

giantsfan420
06-21-2013, 11:00 AM
We won in 2 different manners in 2007 and 2011. What coaches do and what I was doing is try to see how they won in order to maintain that high level of performance. I don't think 2011 is a model for consistent success. Even the coaches admit they want more balance. We were never more dominant than in 2008.

I know your happy with the win but the ultimate goal is to continue winning. Welcome to the next level.
woa woa wait. weren't you the guy saying our OL was A+++++++ in 2011 lol??????

is the next level game over and you have to start at the beginning?

GameTime
06-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Poor Eli.

Such a tragic hero.
no poor Eli and no tragic hero...

he is winner.....
rubber...more like tough.....
second rate in his family....more like 2 rings vs 1. Although Peyotn is the better QB......

But you have your view....and thats is what its .....

GameTime
06-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Well I am stalked like one.

so now responses to your posts is stalking...

little narcisistic there dont you think....

hmmm....just like Tiki......

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM

Poor Eli.

Such a tragic hero.

no poor Eli and no tragic hero...

he is winner.....
rubber...more like tough.....
second rate in his family....more like 2 rings vs 1. Although Peyotn is the better QB......

But you have your view....and thats is what its .....

More like silly putty.

giantsfan420
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Good year ..hall of fame?i dont get what this is implying? that you dont feel hes a HoF bc he only had "1 good year" lol? i said it earlier, how the heck are people reaching these opinions lol so far removed from reality.

GameTime
06-21-2013, 11:03 AM
i dont get what this is implying? that you dont feel hes a HoF bc he only had "1 good year" lol? i said it earlier, how the heck are people reaching these opinions lol so far removed from reality.

no....they were talking that ELi is made out of rubber...
Good Year....rubber....get it now.....

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 11:03 AM

Poor Eli.

Such a tragic hero.

i dont get what this is implying? that you dont feel hes a HoF bc he only had "1 good year" lol? i said it earlier, how the heck are people reaching these opinions lol so far removed from reality.
No my friend....we were joking that Eli is made of rubber. Lighten up a tad.

giantsfan420
06-21-2013, 11:05 AM
no....they were talking that ELi is made out of rubber...
Good Year....rubber....get it now.....oh my bad. lol yeah im slow.

B&RWarrior
06-21-2013, 11:25 AM
woa woa wait. weren't you the guy saying our OL was A+++++++ in 2011 lol??????

is the next level game over and you have to start at the beginning?

I provided clarity in a follow up post, one you conveniently fail to mention hear.

B&RWarrior
06-21-2013, 11:28 AM
No my friend....we were joking that Eli is made of rubber. Lighten up a tad.

He 's got a voodoo doll with MS written on it that he sticks every time you make post questioning Eli's greatness.

Rudyy
06-21-2013, 11:54 AM
oh my bad. lol yeah im slow.We know.

MattMeyerBud
06-21-2013, 12:03 PM
We won in 2 different manners in 2007 and 2011. What coaches do and what I do is try to see how they won in order to maintain that high level of performance. I don't think 2011 is a model for consistent success. Even the coaches admit they want more balance. We were never more dominant than in 2008.

I know you're happy with the win but the ultimate goal is to continue winning. Welcome to the next level.

Na your more concerned with stats and regular season records. I could care less ultimately what our regular season record is, just as long as we get into the playoffs. We've made the playoffs with 8 wins, and missed with 10. The only purpose is to get into the playoffs, where its a new season within the season.

And THATS what I end up judging our performances on.

Sure to an extent we judge regular season and we go back and forth with numbers, but its all about the post season.

TCHOF
06-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Na your more concerned with stats and regular season records. I could care less ultimately what our regular season record is, just as long as we get into the playoffs. We've made the playoffs with 8 wins, and missed with 10. The only purpose is to get into the playoffs, where its a new season within the season.

Sure to an extent we judge regular season and we go back and forth with numbers, but its all about the post season.

+1

. . . .and I like your Gandolfini avatar better than mine!

Rudyy
06-21-2013, 12:11 PM

Sure to an extent we judge regular season and we go back and forth with numbers, but its all about the post season.Correct.

I think people knock Eli even though they say it doesn't matter, because his stats are not up to par with other quarterbacks. It's quite obvious. At some point, you have to look past that and see the end result. Individual quarterback records and statistics are great, and I understand that Eli may not possess the talents that his peers have, but you are looking at only one aspect and not the entire body of work.

Rudyy
06-21-2013, 12:13 PM
By the way, when did Super bowls become team wins? But regular season games are quarterback showcases?

MattMeyerBud
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
By the way, when did Super bowls become team wins? But regular season games are quarterback showcases?

excellent comment

gumby74
06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Correct.

I think people knock Eli even though they say it doesn't matter, because his stats are not up to par with other quarterbacks. It's quite obvious. At some point, you have to look past that and see the end result. Individual quarterback records and statistics are great, and I understand that Eli may not possess the talents that his peers have, but you are looking at only one aspect and not the entire body of work.

I think I speak for most people on here that we are perfectly happy and most importantly, comfortable with Eli as our QB. You can't argue with making the playoffs and SB as results. He kind of molds his play by doing what the team needs him to do during the situation. It isn't pretty, but he does JUST enough, to get by. Even if he has a terrible game, he'll still do just enough to make the game close and lead one of his game winning drives.

But as a whole, he certainly gets it done.

gumby74
06-21-2013, 12:35 PM

Wins are a team accomplishment, regardless of when.

Harooni
06-21-2013, 02:06 PM

You really are bitter that Tiki never got a SuperBowl Ring.

its an expression but.....

http://nationalpostsports.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/eli.jpg

Roosevelt
06-21-2013, 02:31 PM
it drives me INSANE

Thank you. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Roosevelt
06-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Correct.

Not me.

I just want to win. I could care less about his stats.

Roosevelt
06-21-2013, 02:37 PM
its an expression but.....

http://nationalpostsports.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/eli.jpg

I knew this was coming.

Roosevelt
06-21-2013, 02:40 PM
I think I speak for most people on here that we are perfectly happy and most importantly, comfortable with Eli as our QB. You can't argue with making the playoffs and SB as results. He kind of molds his play by doing what the team needs him to do during the situation. It isn't pretty, but he does JUST enough, to get by. Even if he has a terrible game, he'll still do just enough to make the game close and lead one of his game winning drives.

But as a whole, he certainly gets it done.

The only time I was ever comfortable watching the Giants was towards the end of the 1986 season. Other than that I'm not comfortable and it doesn't matter who my QB is.

giantsfan420
06-21-2013, 02:40 PM
He 's got a voodoo doll with MS written on it that he sticks every time you make post questioning Eli's greatness.it wasnt MS's post i responded too lol. A+++++++ effort tho

B&RWarrior
06-21-2013, 03:50 PM

You've defeated your own argument. If I was more concerned with stats and regular season success then why would I want our QB to replicate a year where his stats were not that great? 2008 Eli posted the worst stats over all in the last 5 years, yet our overall regular season team performance has never been as dominant as it was in 2008. Dominance will more often lead to postseason success then not, even though the result was not what we had hoped that year.

You can't build a team based on wins and losses. You build a formula for success based on how you win and lose. We won't win consistently trying to turn it on in the last 5 games of the regular season or having Eli throw as much as he did in 2011. I want a style of offense that gives us the best chance to win it all. I think 2008 was the best I've seen us look. I hope this clarifies my point.

B&RWarrior
06-21-2013, 03:55 PM
it wasnt MS's post i responded too lol. A+++++++ effort tho

So the name changes on the doll but the sentiment expressed in my post remains.

Morehead State
06-21-2013, 04:41 PM
So the name changes on the doll but the sentiment expressed in my post remains.
Trust me....The name hasn't changed.

B&RWarrior
06-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Trust me....The name hasn't changed.

LMAO

EliDaMANning
06-22-2013, 01:56 PM
it wasnt MS's post i responded too lol. A+++++++ effort tho Has Reese apologized for calling Eli skittish yet? He calls him skittish then proceeds to put one of the worst o lines in front of him fully knowing Eli can compensate it with his pocket presence.

ShakeandBake
06-22-2013, 02:00 PM
oh my bad. lol yeah im slow.

lol

speedman
06-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Trust me....The name hasn't changed.Do you have an everyones out to get me complex?

njsean
06-22-2013, 05:30 PM

Rolling the dice and sliding into the playoffs at 9-7 is swell and all.

I'd prefer consistency.

If someone told me after 2007 we could go 13-3 for the next 4 years and not win another SB, or have inconsistent records, miss the playoffs here and there, but win another SB, of course I'm choosing the latter.

But nobody's offering that kind of foresight. So I'd prefer consistency.

appodictic
06-22-2013, 06:39 PM

I do not get this ^. Eli start of his high school football team, broke all the records in his high school guy... He is the one who plays the jokes on everyone.

B&RWarrior
06-22-2013, 07:04 PM
I do not get this ^. Eli start of his high school football team, broke all the records in his high school guy... He is the one who plays the jokes on everyone.

Exactly. Eli is the guy that used to walk in the college bars when he was at Ole Miss and scream out, "Who want's to f**** Eli?"

appodictic
06-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Exactly. Eli is the guy that used to walk in the college bars when he was at Ole Miss and scream out, "Who want's to f**** Eli?"

And now he's married to a model right? Definitely not the every man type.

gumby74
06-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Funny how some are actually taking these "shots" at Eli seriously.

BuffyBlueII
06-22-2013, 08:15 PM

So you are saying that Eli is your hero?

I highly doubt that Eli ever got beat up for his luch money or bullied in school.

Rudyy
06-22-2013, 08:46 PM
So you are saying that Eli is your hero?I highly doubt that Eli ever got beat up for his luch money or bullied in school.I don't think it was meant to be taken literally.

BuffyBlueII
06-22-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't think it was meant to be taken literally.

Neither is my comment. I am just joking at MS.

B&RWarrior
06-22-2013, 10:21 PM

Are you arguing or agreeing? Since when does the highly recruited star QB from high school to the pros ever get picked on or represent the guy that got picked on. C'mon this is more of that wonderful Eli Bunyan stuff that I see so much of on these boards.

B&RWarrior
06-22-2013, 10:26 PM

Why don't you walk in to a bar and scream out who wants to f**** (whatever your name is) and tell me what happens.

Morehead State
06-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Do any of you folks have a sense of humor?

Harooni
06-23-2013, 08:24 AM
When I sat down and discussed this issue with EA (well when i say sat down, i mean bothered him while he was getting his ipad fixed) He told me and i quote him, you couldnt go wrong with Big Ben also. So when your drafting or trying for a trade you dont know that day if that guy will land to you so you have to have a few different options. he did also confirm
Rivers was never on our board that high just for trade purposes he drafted him.

EliDaMANning
06-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Mini Ben probably wouldn't have lasted this long playing behind the o line.

Flip Empty
06-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Mini Ben probably wouldn't have lasted this long playing behind the o line.
He's had it worse in Pittsburgh.

EliDaMANning
06-23-2013, 10:08 AM
He gets more time to throw then Eli, doesn't attempt nearly as many passes yet gets sacked more. It's mini Ben holding into the ball as usual trying to make plays. I guess him and Simms have something in common. They love to hang in their until the last minute, but their football iq is extremely low because of it.

Roosevelt
06-23-2013, 12:01 PM
He gets more time to throw then Eli, doesn't attempt nearly as many passes yet gets sacked more. It's mini Ben holding into the ball as usual trying to make plays. I guess him and Simms have something in common. They love to hang in their until the last minute, but their football iq is extremely low because of it.

http://www.johnston-harmony.org/fishing.gif

BuffyBlueII
06-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Do any of you folks have a sense of humor?

I don't think that most of them do. I got the humour in your post and I responded humorously (at least I think I did) in kind and folks didn't see that either. I am sure that you got the joke.

BuffyBlueII
06-23-2013, 12:14 PM

Ben gets so much time to throw because he is so mobile and extends plays. He is constantly running for his life back there because heis offensive line is horrible. There was a reason Pittsburgh used their 1st round pick on an offensive lineman last year, unfortunately for them he got hurt and didn't play.

I prefer Eli as a QB but if we had missed out, we would've been fine with Ben.

GameTime
06-23-2013, 12:18 PM
dumb post.....wrong on both accounts.

EliDaMANning
06-23-2013, 06:08 PM
He's Ben tries to extend plays. That's why he's always injured

jomo
06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
He gets more time to throw then Eli, doesn't attempt nearly as many passes yet gets sacked more. It's mini Ben holding into the ball as usual trying to make plays. I guess him and Simms have something in common. They love to hang in their until the last minute, but their football iq is extremely low because of it. Huh?

Harooni
06-23-2013, 07:22 PM
He gets more time to throw then Eli, doesn't attempt nearly as many passes yet gets sacked more. It's mini Ben holding into the ball as usual trying to make plays. I guess him and Simms have something in common. They love to hang in their until the last minute, but their football iq is extremely low because of it. BEN'S OLINE has been horrible for years, he would have had much better protection here. i dream about what could have been in ben to tiki in the flat with n ice accurate touch passes and ben scrambling to buy time. im pretty sure we would have had a SB appearance at least from 2004-06

EliDaMANning
06-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Our defense was not good enough from 2004-2006. Having Ben wouldn't have mattered lol.

Roosevelt
06-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Our defense was not good enough from 2004-2006. Having Ben wouldn't have mattered lol.

I admit now that I wish we had signed Big Ben. Not because he's better than Eli which is arguable, but just so we didn't have to deal with his groupies.

Delicreep
06-23-2013, 09:44 PM
I admit now that I wish we had signed Big Ben. Not because he's better than Eli which is arguable, but just so we didn't have to deal with his groupies.

So...there's this guy Harooni....

Drez
06-23-2013, 09:46 PM
BEN'S OLINE has been horrible for years, he would have had much better protection here. i dream about what could have been in ben to tiki in the flat with n ice accurate touch passes and ben scrambling to buy time. im pretty sure we would have had a SB appearance at least from 2004-06Ben plays a large part in that.

Roosevelt
06-23-2013, 10:52 PM
So...there's this guy Harooni....

.....who is a long time Giants fan.

Delicreep
06-23-2013, 10:56 PM
.....who is a long time Giants fan.

and has a huge man crush on Ben.

Roosevelt
06-23-2013, 11:07 PM
and has a huge man crush on Ben.

There's plenty to like about Ben's game. He's one of the better QB's in the game today, and one that EA was high on.

What's the problem?

Delicreep
06-23-2013, 11:15 PM
There's plenty to like about Ben's game. He's one of the better QB's in the game today, and one that EA was high on.

What's the problem?

Wow...I was just joking about your statement that there would be no Ben lover's, but whatever...lets do this.

Are you actually saying that it's OK to have a man crush on Ben because he's one of the better QB's in the game but it's a crime against humanity to have a man crush on Eli, one of the better QB's in the game?

It's that kind of solid, well laid out thinking that makes your Eli posts a treat to read

TCHOF
06-24-2013, 06:38 AM

There it is. These Eli debates have now reached the height of ridiculousness.

EliDaMANning
06-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Lol mini Ben has done nothing without a top 5 defense. What makes anyone believe he can come here as a QB from 2004-2006 and make a SB appearance. LOL.

EliDaMANning
06-24-2013, 07:41 AM

Harooni
06-24-2013, 08:53 AM

What's the problem? my theory was back then that Ben was more NFL ready than Eli. he played in rougher weather than Eli in college and of course he is much Larger then Eli. Ben also came at a much cheaper price through out as a rookie he was avg 1/8 the cost of eli and we would have kept our draft picks and maybe traded out of #4 and still got him later. now remember just how deep that 2004 draft was, probably as deep as any draft in my lifetime.

now of course this was my thinking back then, it was not because i didn't like Eli it was that Ben to me fit better. But EA did prove that Eli had this certain magic for lack of a better word. though fans act as if Eli didnt give us reason for pause his first 3 years or so.

now i have gotten so used to Eli and i feel a sort of comfort knowing what an Eli will give you.

Flip Empty
06-24-2013, 09:10 AM
now i have gotten so used to Eli and i feel a sort of comfort knowing what an Eli will give you.

I get comfort just from seeing him on the field. The Giants have been extremely lucky with his health.

http://i.imgur.com/dQrdlGW.jpg

TCHOF
06-24-2013, 09:19 AM
my theory was back then that Ben was more NFL ready than Eli. he played in rougher weather than Eli in college and of course he is much Larger then Eli. Ben also came at a much cheaper price through out as a rookie he was avg 1/8 the cost of eli and we would have kept our draft picks and maybe traded out of #4 and still got him later. now remember just how deep that 2004 draft was, probably as deep as any draft in my lifetime.

now of course this was my thinking back then, it was not because i didn't like Eli it was that Ben to me fit better. But EA did prove that Eli had this certain magic for lack of a better word. though fans act as if Eli didnt give us reason for pause his first 3 years or so.

So back in 2004 when we acquired Eli, you were against the move because you wanted Ben? I call bull****.

Morehead State
06-24-2013, 09:34 AM
So back in 2004 when we acquired Eli, you were against the move because you wanted Ben? I call bull****.
Why? A lot of people felt the same way.

Buddy333
06-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Eli is the QB here and that's a good thing but Ben is a good QB as well. What if they did draft him instead of Eli? What would they have drafted with the picks they gave up? Eh, does it matter? I happened and Eli had been great for the Giants. Ben would not have been a bad pick.

TCHOF
06-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Why? A lot of people felt the same way.

Sure they did.

Morehead State
06-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Sure they did.
I think you might be "misremembering" what the discussion was back at draft time.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 10:37 AM

Flat out, without question, 'Rooni wanted Big Ben from second 1.

He actually summed up his thinking in 2004 earlier in this thread - bigger and more NFL ready (in his opinion).

zimonami
06-24-2013, 10:38 AM

He's delivered the goods no doubt, but there's something about his game that isn't exactly "reassuring". Maybe that's more about the mentality of a long time Giants fan than him, I don't know... I believe that feeling that Eli isn't "reassuring" comes from the way he looks and the way he carries himself. His demeanor conveys 'lackadaisical', not confidant in himself, expecting to lose aura. Sometimes he looks like he's ready to cry. When he's playing well and driving the team, you don't see that look of confidance and desire in his eyes. He doesn't walk with his head held high, with a look of fierce determination. He looks like a big hayseed at times... a Boy Scout.... nah, maybe even a Cub Scout, with that doofie blue cap with the tiny brim.
Eli is the perfect example that you can't judge a book by its cover.
Easy E.
His looks belie a fierce competitive nature, as you could see in the home videos of him as a kid, playing with his brothers. Always had to prove himself. It's just the way he is, and I think a lot of detractors are simply constantly waiting for him to mess up strictly because he has never given them a look that THEY can have confidence in. So, when his career is over, just like Simms, they will look back at his body of work, see that he was consistently good, and cut him a break.

Morehead State
06-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Flat out, without question, 'Rooni wanted Big Ben from second 1.

He actually summed up his thinking in 2004 earlier in this thread - bigger and more NFL ready (in his opinion).
1. Its an emperical fact that he's bigger.
2. Its essentially indisputable that he was more NFL ready given his performance in 2004.
So Harooni's "opinions" are pretty much facts.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Sure they did.

Well..."a lot" certainly gives MH room to run.

I remember a lot of crying about the price we paid (mostly from me), but not much else.

TCHOF
06-24-2013, 10:42 AM
I think you might be "misremembering" what the discussion was back at draft time.

Nah, there were very few people who came out against the move at the actual time of the draft because they wanted Ben instead. I do agree that there are quite a few people who now claim to have held that opinion at the time of the draft, but I think that 90% of them are "misremembering" their draft day opinions.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 10:43 AM
1. Its an emperical fact that he's bigger.
2. Its essentially indisputable that he was more NFL ready given his performance in 2004.
So Harooni's "opinions" are pretty much facts.

No, no no...I'm saying it was his opinion during the draft and prior to the season.
I'm not sure if a fact can be something that hasn't happened yet.

Morehead State
06-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Nah, there were very few people who came out against the move at the actual time of the draft because they wanted Ben instead. I do agree that there are quite a few people who now claim to have held that opinion at the time of the draft, but I think that 90% of them are "misremembering" their draft day opinions.
There were plenty of folks who thought we were taken by the Chargers. Especially since there were other QB's rated as highly as Ben and Rivers available to us.

Morehead State
06-24-2013, 10:46 AM
No, no no...I'm saying it was his opinion during the draft and prior to the season.
I'm not sure if a fact can be something that hasn't happened yet.
Well put it this way. Those "opinions" turned out to be right.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 10:48 AM
There were plenty of folks who thought we were taken by the Chargers. Especially since there were other QB's rated as highly as Ben and Rivers available to us.

That's what I remember and it only got worse for a couple 3 years.

'member "Frightninglightning" or whatever the heck he went by?

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Well put it this way. Those "opinions" turned out to be right.

Not disputing that at all; I was just saying that 'Rooni was vocal and specific.

Morehead State
06-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Not disputing that at all; I was just saying that 'Rooni was vocal and specific.
I see that. I wasn't on the boards at the time so I have no idea.
I will say that to answer a few other posters on this thread, it was no a unanimous opinion about Eli at all. Especially when you factor in the trade.

I mean if you take a step back and look at both QB's, they have a very similar NFL resume. You can point out specifics that support each guy over the other, but still pretty similar.
But one cost the 4th pick in the draft, the 12th player in the draft in 2005 plus a 4th rounder, and the other the 11th player taken in the 2004 draft and nothing else.
An argument can be made that it was a bad move by EA. When I say "argument", I'm not saying its correct. But being objective (which isn't possible for Giants or Steelers fans) a reasonable argument could be made.

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 10:59 AM
I believe that feeling that Eli isn't "reassuring" comes from the way he looks and the way he carries himself. His demeanor conveys 'lackadaisical', not confidant in himself, expecting to lose aura. Sometimes he looks like he's ready to cry. When he's playing well and driving the team, you don't see that look of confidance and desire in his eyes. He doesn't walk with his head held high, with a look of fierce determination. He looks like a big hayseed at times... a Boy Scout.... nah, maybe even a Cub Scout, with that doofie blue cap with the tiny brim.
Easy E.
His looks belie a fierce competitive nature, as you could see in the home videos of him as a kid, playing with his brothers. Always had to prove himself. It's just the way he is, and I think a lot of detractors are simply constantly waiting for him to mess up strictly because he has never given them a look that THEY can have confidence in. So, when his career is over, just like Simms, they will look back at his body of work, see that he was consistently good, and cut him a break.

That's just it. He's not consistently good. It's not a look but it's his play that has you guessing what Eli will show up today. He has to be the most frustrating QB that I've ever cheered for.

Kerry was stress free. I knew Kerry was the goods unless the other team started to get pressure on him then he would throw it up for grabs. No stress with the likes of Graham or Brown either. I knew they would play like crap no matter what.

Eli though he'll turn your stomach in to knots with his inconsistency, though I prefer his ups and downs to Graham and Brown's downs. I also prefer his inconsistent composure in the pocket when things get rough to Kerry who we new would always throw it up for grabs when things got rough.

gumby74
06-24-2013, 11:00 AM
That's what I remember and it only got worse for a couple 3 years.

'member "Frightninglightning" or whatever the heck he went by? 2 SBs later. I wonder where he is now?

gumby74
06-24-2013, 11:02 AM
I will say that to answer a few other posters on this thread, it was no a unanimous opinion about Eli at all. Especially when you factor in the trade.

I mean if you take a step back and look at both QB's, they have a very similar NFL resume. You can point out specifics that support each guy over the other, but still pretty similar.
But one cost the 4th pick in the draft, the 12th player in the draft in 2005 plus a 4th rounder, and the other the 11th player taken in the 2004 draft and nothing else.
An argument can be made that it was a bad move by EA. When I say "argument", I'm not saying its correct. But being objective (which isn't possible for Giants or Steelers fans) a reasonable argument could be made.

From a pure objective point of view, we got fleeced. We gave up the farm for Eli instead of settling for Ben. However, given the results, it really doensn't matter anymore. We won 2. And Pitts won 2 and been to 3.

And to be fair, Rivers helped make SD relevant again.

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 11:05 AM

I'm happy with how things turned out, but you would have to say it was a bad deal based on how well Ben has turned out. A QB with almost identical performance level, though a much different style of play was available and we wouldn't have to trade away the world.

Though I must say the running game and the defense that Ben had to begin was head and shoulders better than anything Eli has had with the exception of 2008. Overall Eli has had better receivers than Ben has had. The Steelers have had better teams overall in the past 9 years.

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 11:06 AM
From a pure objective point of view, we got fleeced. We gave up the farm for Eli instead of settling for Ben. However, given the results, it really doensn't matter anymore. We won 2. And Pitts won 2 and been to 3.

And to be fair, Rivers helped make SD relevant again.

this

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Wow...I was just joking about your statement that there would be no Ben lover's, but whatever...lets do this.

Are you actually saying that it's OK to have a man crush on Ben because he's one of the better QB's in the game but it's a crime against humanity to have a man crush on Eli, one of the better QB's in the game?

It's that kind of solid, well laid out thinking that makes your Eli posts a treat to read

What statement did I make about no Ben lovers?

I don't subscribe to the thinking that we must be homers and cherish our players over our opponents. That's just silly.

EVERY Giants fan loves Eli. A few of us only have an issue with fans who are insecure over their perception that he's under appreciated.

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 11:15 AM
There it is. These Eli debates have now reached the height of ridiculousness.

You have no sense of humor.

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 11:16 AM
my theory was back then that Ben was more NFL ready than Eli. he played in rougher weather than Eli in college and of course he is much Larger then Eli. Ben also came at a much cheaper price through out as a rookie he was avg 1/8 the cost of eli and we would have kept our draft picks and maybe traded out of #4 and still got him later. now remember just how deep that 2004 draft was, probably as deep as any draft in my lifetime.

Totally logical. I don't see how anyone could argue that. But wait....

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 11:23 AM
I believe that feeling that Eli isn't "reassuring" comes from the way he looks and the way he carries himself. His demeanor conveys 'lackadaisical', not confidant in himself, expecting to lose aura. Sometimes he looks like he's ready to cry. When he's playing well and driving the team, you don't see that look of confidance and desire in his eyes. He doesn't walk with his head held high, with a look of fierce determination. He looks like a big hayseed at times... a Boy Scout.... nah, maybe even a Cub Scout, with that doofie blue cap with the tiny brim.
Easy E.

Hey Zim,

His look is certainly something you have to get used to. He certainly doesn't have the look of your typical football player. But he can play and beat anyone at any time.

But I agree wholeheartedly with you, that just like Phil, Eli will be appreciated more after he's gone.

TCHOF
06-24-2013, 11:24 AM
You have no sense of humor.

You may be right.

My bad if you were joking. You never know around here . . . .

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 11:30 AM
You may be right.

My bad if you were joking. You never know around here . . . .

True.

Take Delicreep for instance. I never know when hes joking or not.

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 11:36 AM

I don't subscribe to the thinking that we must be homers and cherish our players over our opponents. That's just silly.

EVERY Giants fan loves Eli. A few of us only have an issue with fans who are insecure over their perception that he's under appreciated.

I know exactly what your taking about. Leave it to them, if you're not blowing Eli then he's underappreciated.

Flip Empty
06-24-2013, 11:41 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/elibike.gif

GameTime
06-24-2013, 11:45 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/elibike.gif
now thats funny....
at least he wears his helmet...
unlike Ben...lol

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I know exactly what your taking about. Leave it to them, if you're not blowing Eli then he's underappreciated.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

nygfanmaybe
06-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.Yes...but you can repeat it with a different screen name...which is what I suspect. Can you imagine how sick some puppy would be if he was switching from one screen name to the other just to prop himself up?

I think it would be interesting for all of the Mouseketeers to agree to post at 12:01 pm sharp...after he has synchronized his watch...just to see if they can all post with the same time stamp. It would be very interesting indeed.

byron
06-24-2013, 12:15 PM
OK everybody synchronize your watches I want to know who the **** is who around here !!....lol

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 12:41 PM
OK everybody synchronize your watches I want to know who the **** is who around here !!....lol

Checkin in!

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6052/88mo.jpg

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 01:15 PM

Sigh...had you assumed that I was not serious in the first place, this would have been much smoother.

But since you asked, you didn't say no Ben Lovers. You said:

My response, pulling in Harooni, was basically to point out that the song would remain the same; there would be a number of people who just couldn't talk enough about Ben and how great he is and didn't want to hear anything else.

byron
06-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Checkin in!

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6052/88mo.jpg hahaha ...nice... hey your're good looking !

btw you were 40min late....:o

ShakeandBake
06-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Yes...but you can repeat it with a different screen name...which is what I suspect. Can you imagine how sick some puppy would be if he was switching from one screen name to the other just to prop himself up?

I think it would be interesting for all of the Mouseketeers to agree to post at 12:01 pm sharp...after he has synchronized his watch...just to see if they can all post with the same time stamp. It would be very interesting indeed.

Says the faux Giant fan with the handle nygfanMAYBE

GameTime
06-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Ben is very good so is Eli...
they have dif skill sets that make them the QBs that they are and what they mean to their teams...
Arguing which is better or who would rather have had whom at draft time is, at this stage, moot point.

why is that so hard to comprehend.....for some.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Yes...but you can repeat it with a different screen name...which is what I suspect. Can you imagine how sick some puppy would be if he was switching from one screen name to the other just to prop himself up?

I don't think it's gonna be anywhere near as interesting as you seem to think.

gumby74
06-24-2013, 01:43 PM

If you're talking about the Eli groupies screen names, you're 100% right.

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Sigh...had you assumed that I was not serious in the first place, this would have been much smoother.

But since you asked, you didn't say no Ben Lovers. You said:

My response, pulling in Harooni, was basically to point out that the song would remain the same; there would be a number of people who just couldn't talk enough about Ben and how great he is and didn't want to hear anything else.

Ah, sorry, and thanks for the explanation. But I have to disagree. The Elitonians are in a class all by themselves.

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 02:03 PM
hahaha ...nice... hey your're good looking !

btw you were 40min late....:o

TC would be all over me!

Harooni
06-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Totally logical. I don't see how anyone could argue that. But wait.... haha.

now if someone says they prefer Eli thats cool , durability off the field character plays a big part i total get that. But when they say he had a bad year and his numbers were better or same as eli's i just chuckle. because perception is everything.

zimonami
06-24-2013, 02:47 PM
That's just it. He's not consistently good. It's not a look but it's his play that has you guessing what Eli will show up today. He has to be the most frustrating QB that I've ever cheered for.

Kerry was stress free. I knew Kerry was the goods unless the other team started to get pressure on him then he would throw it up for grabs. No stress with the likes of Graham or Brown either. I knew they would play like crap no matter what.

Eli though he'll turn your stomach in to knots with his inconsistency, though I prefer his ups and downs to Graham and Brown's downs. I also prefer his inconsistent composure in the pocket when things get rough to Kerry who we new would always throw it up for grabs when things got rough. I won't argue with you in defining consistency... but, I think 15 years from now you will recognize that Eli is a whole step better than Kerry ever was.Fassell tokk the freedom to audible away from Kerry before the 2001 season. Why? Because Kerry calling an audible mostly meant running a play that was worse against the defense than the play that was sent in. Kerry simply did not know how to read a defense. His last productive year with the Titans, which was one of the best in his career, was due in large part that he was finally beginning to understand how to read a defense..
Eli was raised, along with Peyton, looking at film and deciphering how to make the best call/audible. It's one of the reason why Accorsi can say with confidance that they are simply better off letting him run the team. I believe he would have a few more victories in his career credentials if they let him run his own show, and decide when to go into a hurry-up on his own. He's excellent at it... as you should be able to admit.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Ah, sorry, and thanks for the explanation. But I have to disagree. The Elitonians are in a class all by themselves.

I would be that if you went to the team website of any top 10 QB, the general vibe would be about the same.

I went to the SD website after the 07 SB, and they were well on the way to putting Rivers in the HOF.

The most frequent comparison...Dan Marino!

I do actually think that the exception would be the Cowboys, who are losing it with Romo.

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 04:18 PM
I would be that if you went to the team website of any top 10 QB, the general vibe would be about the same.

I went to the SD website after the 07 SB, and they were well on the way to putting Rivers in the HOF.

The most frequent comparison...Dan Marino!

I do actually think that the exception would be the Cowboys, who are losing it with Romo.\

So you're saying Rivers has a small contingent of fans who are fans of his over the Chargers? I would really love to see evidence of that.

Our guys have taken it upon themselves to defend this player no matter what. I take that back. If Eli plays a terrible game they run and hide. But when Eli plays well, they puff up their chests and start struttin around like they've actually done something. Like they have been vindicated. They believe they can now go around rubbing it in Giants fans faces unable to grasp that we (as Giants fans) are rooting for our quarterback. It's just way too messed up.

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 04:33 PM
\

So you're saying Rivers has a small contingent of fans who are fans of his over the Chargers? I would really love to see evidence of that.

Our guys have taken it upon themselves to defend this player no matter what. I take that back. If Eli plays a terrible game they run and hide. But when Eli plays well, they puff up their chests and start struttin around like they've actually done something. Like they have been vindicated. They believe they can now go around rubbing it in Giants fans faces unable to grasp that we (as Giants fans) are rooting for our quarterback. It's just way too messed up.

It's not that small. The guy has had 2 bad years and last year wasn't that bad considering how bad his offensive line was.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 04:51 PM
\

Look...this whole "fans of player X over the team thing" - that's your thing. I don't know any one them well enough to know a thing like that.

I was saying that fans of teams tend to oversell themselves and each other on the players.
You seem to believe that it's just the Giants and that it's just Eli.
I say it's SOP.
I pointed to the Chargers (Dan Marino!?!?!?) as an example.
How many Filthadelphia fans started last season telling us all how Vick was the best in the the league? Dude will be lucky to start this year!
Cam Newton changed the position!
Do I need to bring up how Romo was this close to being declared a God among men?
I could go on and on and on, but you know it's true.

We seem to differ on it being acceptable.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 04:53 PM
It's not that small. The guy has had 2 bad years and last year wasn't that bad considering how bad his offensive line was.

Well...the funny thing is that there seems to be a vibe that they are ready to be done with Rivers after last year.

I don't want to call 'em idiots, but I literally don't have any other way to end that sentence.

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Look...this whole "fans of player X over the team thing" - that's your thing. I don't know any one them well enough to know a thing like that.

I was saying that fans of teams tend to oversell themselves and each other on the players.
I say it's SOP.
How many Filthadelphia fans started last season telling us all how Vick was the best in the the league? Dude will be lucky to start this year!
Do I need to bring up how Romo was this close to being declared a God among men?

Yes sir.

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Well...the funny thing is that there seems to be a vibe that they are ready to be done with Rivers after last year.

I don't want to call 'em idiots, but I literally don't have any other way to end that sentence.

Typical emotional fans. When Rivers is on they are making Marino comparisons, but the moment he slips even a little bit they are ready to Donald Trump his *****.

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 05:37 PM

I say it's SOP.

C'mon, you know all of Eli's immediately family are here dressed as Giants fans. ;-)

And do you seriously think playing in NY is the same as playing elsewhere? I can list player after player that Giants fans have gone after.

Roosevelt
06-24-2013, 05:38 PM

So you are saying Phillip has a following like Eli?

jomo
06-24-2013, 05:43 PM
So you are saying Phillip has a following like Eli?Apparently..........

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 05:48 PM
So you are saying Phillip has a following like Eli?

Obviously not, he hasn't taken his faithful to the promised land.

speedman
06-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Obviously not, he hasn't taken his faithful to the promised land.That is quite an accomplishment that Rivers hasn't delivered on.

gumby74
06-24-2013, 06:08 PM

I say it's SOP.

And you know what? The people being Rivers extremists are just as annoying. But, putting the player above the team is a no no.

ShakeandBake
06-24-2013, 06:14 PM

I say it's SOP.

They have come out and said that they are Eli fans and not Giant fans, it is pretty obvious considering some of their handles. I highly doubt that the Chargers forum has the issue of virtually every thread dealing with championships, Quarterbacks, MVP, etc etc etc morphing in to a Phillip Rivers thread.

speedman
06-24-2013, 06:36 PM
And you know what? The people being Rivers extremists are just as annoying. But, putting the player above the team is a no no.Where do you guys get this stuff from? When people defend Eli, maybe it's because he is the QB of the NY Football Giants.

speedman
06-24-2013, 06:37 PM
They have come out and said that they are Eli fans and not Giant fans, it is pretty obvious considering some of their handles. I highly doubt that the Chargers forum has the issue of virtually every thread dealing with championships, Quarterbacks, MVP, etc etc etc morphing in to a Phillip Rivers thread.Unless you read the other teams message boards, you can't doubt anything that happens on them.

giantsfan420
06-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Where do you guys get this stuff from? When people defend Eli, maybe it's because he is the QB of the NY Football Giants.dude, just sit back and laugh it up. for the last what, 3, 4 pages, its been nothing but certain posters of the same mentality cwa cwa cwying about these make believe eli fanatics that "can't do anything but talk about eli" all the while, they LITERALLY spend time on here, hour or more a day I figure, commenting on NYG fans and how awful their love for Eli is...its so pathetic its actually funny...but now my lurking has been blown up, so probably onto the next eli thread, THEY CREATE lmfao, to complain about these make believe "fans"...so classic. i saw something make a post lambasting a guy and dubbing him an eli fanatic solely bc he actually was accurate in detailing Peyton Mannings postseason career, lmao. this stuff is classic.

ShakeandBake
06-24-2013, 07:17 PM
dude, just sit back and laugh it up. for the last what, 3, 4 pages, its been nothing but certain posters of the same mentality cwa cwa cwying about these make believe eli fanatics that "can't do anything but talk about eli" all the while, they LITERALLY spend time on here, hour or more a day I figure, commenting on NYG fans and how awful their love for Eli is...its so pathetic its actually funny...but now my lurking has been blown up, so probably onto the next eli thread, THEY CREATE lmfao, to complain about these make believe "fans"...so classic. i saw something make a post lambasting a guy and dubbing him an eli fanatic solely bc he actually was accurate in detailing Peyton Mannings postseason career, lmao. this stuff is classic.

Yes, because you aren't involved in every Eli thread that gets closed, please get a clue about who is truly the pathetic one here......

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 07:19 PM
C'mon, you know all of Eli's immediately family are here dressed as Giants fans. ;-)

And do you seriously think playing in NY is the same as playing elsewhere? I can list player after player that Giants fans have gone after.

As opposed to Eli, who is praised through the land by opposing teams.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 07:24 PM
They have come out and said that they are Eli fans and not Giant fans, it is pretty obvious considering some of their handles. I highly doubt that the Chargers forum has the issue of virtually every thread dealing with championships, Quarterbacks, MVP, etc etc etc morphing in to a Phillip Rivers thread.

Actually, they have a permanent section for QB talk.

Now exactly why is it so offensive for a poster, say from old Miss, to be an Eli fan and now a Giants fan who really likes Eli? Heck...a fan who only watches because of Eli?

gumby74
06-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Where do you guys get this stuff from? When people defend Eli, maybe it's because he is the QB of the NY Football Giants.

1) There are people who put Eli above the team and have admitted as such.
2) Eli doesn't need to be defended. We won 2 SBs with him. Practically everyone has accepted him for the QB that he is - good and bad. Only a select handful remain that will forever suffer from some sort of Eli inferiority complex.

gumby74
06-24-2013, 07:37 PM

Now exactly why is it so offensive for a poster, say from old Miss, to be an Eli fan and now a Giants fan who really likes Eli? Heck...a fan who only watches because of Eli?

It's not offensive. It's just annoying for a poster who follows the Giants, to pretend that his opinion is not biased to his favorite player X, and that everything he thinks is catered to the best interest of the team. It's beyond their comprehension that Eli is our QB through and through. That we will always hope Eli does amazing as long as he's the Giants QB. Because as soon as "they" hear criticism of Player X, in this case Eli, they automatically think from a Player fan point of view and not a team fan points of few. And because of that, all they see is venom and "hate".

As someone who is from the fan boy side of a different player and a different sport, we can be pretty damn annoying.

Edit: As far as I'm concerned, talking about Eli doesn't need to be anymore drawn out than talking about Cruz. Cruz has been criticized also with some taking more offense than others. But it never escalated to anything close to what Eli threads get to. With Eli it gets personal. With Cruz, it really is about team.

byron
06-24-2013, 07:39 PM

Now exactly why is it so offensive for a poster, say from old Miss, to be an Eli fan and now a Giants fan who really likes Eli? Heck...a fan who only watches because of Eli? this is the part I don't get ....but it does get personal and usually pretty fast, as an outsider watching it happen its hard to tell who takes the first shot...idk

Rudyy
06-24-2013, 07:40 PM
OK, this whole "Eli is our QB" thing..

Is that the only reason you like him? Because he's a Giant? Do you actually like or respect his game?

gumby74
06-24-2013, 07:44 PM
OK, this whole "Eli is our QB" thing..

Is that the only reason you like him? Because he's a Giant? Do you actually like or respect his game? Haha. Don't open up a whole new can of worms. That's another level all together.

byron
06-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Haha. Don't open up a whole new can of worms. That's another level all together. one we haven't explored ! new material...haha

Rudyy
06-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Haha. Don't open up a whole new can of worms. That's another level all together.Hit me with your best shot.

gumby74
06-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Haha. Don't open up a whole new can of worms. That's another level all together.

Hit me with your best shot.

I would, if I knew people would try to read and understand what I'm writing instead of reacting to certain reflex words. People see, "Brees, Rodgers, Inconsistent, Interceptions, skittish, etc." and all of a sudden their brain goes on fire.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 07:49 PM
It's not offensive. It's just annoying for a poster who follows the Giants, to pretend that his opinion is not biased to his favorite player X, and that everything he thinks is catered to the best interest of the team. It's beyond their comprehension that Eli is our QB through and through. That we will always hope Eli does amazing as long as he's the Giants QB. Because as soon as "they" hear criticism of Player X, in this case Eli, they automatically think from a Player fan point of view and not a team fan points of few. And because of that, all they see is venom and "hate".

As someone who is from the fan boy side of a different player and a different sport, we can be pretty damn annoying.

Edit: As far as I'm concerned, talking about Eli doesn't need to be anymore drawn out than talking about Cruz. Cruz has been criticized also with some taking more offense than others. But it never escalated to anything close to what Eli threads get to. With Eli it gets personal. With Cruz, it really is about team.

Have you asked the Mods to allow you not to read those threads/posts?

Maybe you could modify the TOS so that you don't legally have to respond?

Just a thought.

gumby74
06-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Have you asked the Mods to allow you not to read those threads/posts?

Maybe you could modify the TOS so that you don't legally have to respond?

Just a though

What makes you think I want to ignore them? It's annoying but it's far more fun to partake in the entertainment.

Delicreep
06-24-2013, 07:52 PM
I would, if I knew people would try to read and understand what I'm writing instead of reacting to certain reflex words. People see, "Brees, Rodgers, Inconsistent, Interceptions, skittish, etc." and all of a sudden their brain goes on fire.

OK Obi Wan...how bout you crack an egg of knowledge on our heads.