PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp takes shot at Michael Strahan.

Rudyy
06-20-2013, 11:39 AM
http://sulia.com/c/new-york-giants/f/f7ec2074-aef3-4b06-bb75-457f7b6af8ea/?source=twitter

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Just makes me think why is this guy on T.V. sometimes.....He just mad cause a lot of people probably consider Strahan better then him.

Man I hate Sapp....dude just needs to shut up.

BigBlue wins
06-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Just make me think why is this guy on T.V. sometimes.....He just mad cause a lot of people probably consider Strahan better then him.

Man I hate Sapp....dude just needs to shut up.

Doesn't help either that he is in the hall of fame. Especially when Strahan was involved in the conversation

egyptian420
06-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Meh

Eliscruzzz
I also didn't know that we are taking into account every linemen players play against now. I wish someone will look who he played against also. Who the hell was calling Strahan a bust??

Moke
He's awesome on Regis & Kelly & Michael.

Providence
06-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I saw this too. Guy's a clown. He's proud of the accomplishments of his teammate (Rice) and that's fine. But he's praising him by tearing down someone else (Strahan) and that's not cool in my book. If you're going to praise Rice and say he deserves to be in the hall then do it, don't say he's better than another guy who's being considered.

Also, didn't Sapp go up against Detroit and Chicago twice per year, two teams that weren't making much noise during the years he played.......

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Doesn't help either that he is in the hall of fame. Especially when Strahan was involved in the conversationI remember everyone was saying if they have to pick between the two they would choose Strahan. Everytime Sapp says something it seems he has an agenda. Just like he's been saying the Steelers defense is done now, When they were the "NUMBER 1 DEFENSE" last year. He's a terrible analyst and an idiot get him off T.V.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 11:53 AM
I saw this too. Guy's a clown. He's proud of the accomplishments of his teammate (Rice) and that's fine. But he's praising him by tearing down someone else (Strahan) and that's not cool in my book. If you're going to praise Rice and say he deserves to be in the hall then do it, don't say he's better than another guy who's being considered.

Also, didn't Sapp go up against Detroit and Chicago twice per year, two teams that weren't making much noise during the years he played.......No it's even worse he went up against the Saints, Atlanta, and the Panthers twice a year.

gmen0820
06-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Different responsibilities are entailed on the strongside. As a former player (Hall of Famer, at that), it baffles me that Sapp would intentionally attempt to marginalize Strahan's illustrious career.

TrueBlue@NYC
06-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Being that about 7-8 guys get 10+ sacks rushing on the left side, and only about 2-3 guys get 10+ sacks rushing from the other end each year, completely negates what Sapp is saying about strahan. Being on the strong side makes you much easier to double team and stra consistently beat those while getting to the QB.

Complete nonsense.

egyptian420
06-20-2013, 12:01 PM
He's probably bitter (like most NFL non-Giant fans and players) that Favre handed Strahan his sack record

Carter.525
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM
poo poo Sapp

RoanokeFan
06-20-2013, 12:07 PM

Also, didn't Sapp go up against Detroit and Chicago twice per year, two teams that weren't making much noise during the years he played.......

+1

MattMeyerBud
06-20-2013, 12:30 PM
He made a ****** comment the day he got in and said he was glad that Strahan didn't get it cuz he didn't deserve it (something along those lines)

**** sapp

J. Tuck Rule
06-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Of course he would. Him and Rice were teammates. Do you really think he wouldnt say that?

Nothing to see here.

penguinfarmer
06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
lol

njg85m
06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Sapp has some strange obsession with Strahan. It's pretty creepy. This is like the 3rd time he's pulled his name out of no where this year in order to bash him.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Of course he would. Him and Rice were teammates. Do you really think he wouldnt say that?

Nothing to see here.He didn't have to bring Strahan into it. What was the point??

Providence
06-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Exactly. He can praise Rice all day, I don't blame him (and it's probably well deserved praise at that), but why rip on Stray in order to do it? My guess is that he has an axe to grind with Stray. It's immature.

titwio
06-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Only a person who loves another can fight this much. Sapp is secretly saying "love me Stray".... Strahan can just relish in the fact that he's always on Warren's mind.

Moke
06-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Hey Warren,

Don't be jealous you can't do this:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/6/3/15/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24840-1370287119-18.gif

GameTime
06-20-2013, 01:30 PM
sapp.....good player but a loud mouth. Not just for this little piece of news either...

giants8493
06-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Sapp has some strange obsession with Strahan. It's pretty creepy. This is like the 3rd time he's pulled his name out of no where this year in order to bash him.It is creepy. Saap is a ****.

titwio
06-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Hey Warren,

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/6/3/15/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24840-1370287119-18.gif

He can flip people off diagonally....I'm jealous.

Edit: not exactly his middle finger but close enough.

luni
06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Sapp is pissed because hes bankrupt and had to sell his SB ring. poor chubby bubble head

Moke
He can flip people off diagonally....I'm jealous.

Imagine what else he could do with that

primetime
I still believe Strahan didn't get in the HOF on his first ballot because some piss ant voters can't overcome the Favre sack. I guess they forgot about the other 140 sacks he had in his career. I also say without any bias opinion (it's very difficult) Strahan was the better player compared to Sapp. Strahan was regarded as the best defensive end in the league for years, I would love to hear Sapp name one weakness in Strahan's game. I'll wait....
This article is utter garbage, just another loud mouth idiot (which fits Sapp very well) bashing a great player to shine a light on a former teammate. Rice was a solid football player, but he couldn't hold Strahan's jock strap.
I pray for the day when the microphone is no where near this mans mouth. From this Giants fan I say this to you Sapp. Go away...

giants8493
He can flip people off diagonally....I'm jealous.No, I don't think so.

BigBlue wins
06-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Hey Warren,

Reminds me of the time I dislocated that finger in rugby practice lol

Moke
06-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Reminds me of the time I dislocated that finger in rugby practice lol

Must have hurt

GameTime
06-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Sapp is pissed because hes bankrupt and had to sell his SB ring. poor chubby bubble head

really??....what a jackwad.....

penguinfarmer
06-20-2013, 01:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PEsjI.jpg

Moke
06-20-2013, 01:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PEsjI.jpg

Lol, I'm always wondering why this guy is on TV.

BigBlue wins
06-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Must have hurt

When I snapped it back in place- it definitely didnt feel good lol

By the end of the week It was fine but it was very swollen. The inflammation took 6 months to go down on its own.

Tearing those ligaments are not fun. A DE having to fight through that injury that requires a ton of strength from your hands had to be a tough obstacle.

Rudyy
06-20-2013, 02:02 PM
I never knew Strahan and Sapp had beef with each other. Sapp is most likely just jealous of Strahan's accomplishments. Sad. You got into the hall, and you STILL aren't satisfied.

titwio
06-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Sad. You got into the hall, and you STILL aren't satisfied.

It is sad....he thought he was getting into the dining hall of fame.

rebelfan1966
06-20-2013, 02:14 PM
It's sad actually when someone feels they must bring someone down to build themselves up.

J. Tuck Rule
06-20-2013, 02:20 PM
He didn't have to bring Strahan into it. What was the point??

Because other than Strahan the only other likely finalists this year at the DE position are Kevin Greene and Charles Haley.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Because other than Strahan the only other likely finalists this year at the DE position are Kevin Greene and Charles Haley.That makes absolutely no sense....to diminish another player's accomplishments to make one of your own look better is pathetic. Sorry if you think Sapp is justified in his idiotic statement.

J. Tuck Rule
06-20-2013, 02:26 PM
That makes absolutely no sense....to diminish another player's accomplishments to make one of your own look better is pathetic. Sorry if you think Sapp is justified in his idiotic statement.

Not sure where I justified his statement. But, if he's going to call out a HOF eligible member in order to support one of his teamates, then his choice of Strahan out of the 3 eligible DE's in 2013 makes sense. The other 2 arent 1st time balloters like Strahan is so, their chances of getting in this time are better. And, he has had beef with Strahan in the past so, I'm sure that chance to take one last jab was his motive.

Is it a comment that a respectable journalist/commentator/athlete/person would make? Absolutely not.

Eliscruzzz
06-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Not sure where I justified his statement. But, if he's going to call out a HOF eligible member in order to support one of his teamates, then his choice of Strahan out of the 3 eligible DE's in 2013 makes sense. The other 2 arent 1st time balloters like Strahan is so, their chances of getting in this time are better. And, he has had beef with Strahan in the past so, I'm sure that chance to take one last jab was his motive.

Is it a comment that a respectable journalist/commentator/athlete/person would make? Absolutely not.If your saying "there's nothing to see" your basically saying that Sapp can say whatever he want. What he said was complete BS. If Rice was that good he shouldn't feel the need to tear down another player that he could be(and will be) sharing HOF with. Plain and simple.

J. Tuck Rule
06-20-2013, 02:39 PM
If your saying "there's nothing to see" your basically saying that Sapp can say whatever he want. What he said was complete BS. If Rice was that good he shouldn't feel the need to tear down another player that he could be(and will be) sharing HOF with. Plain and simple.

I just don't think there's anything to make of it. Who gives a sh*t what Warren Sapp says? His comments have zero effect on the selection process nor do they take away from Strahan as a player and his accomplishments.

And he does have the right to say whatever he wants. Everyone else has the right to agree or disagree with it.

But, the reson he targeted Strahan and not anyone else makes sense.

FBomb
06-20-2013, 02:40 PM
I never cared what that idiot has ever said......and I'm not about to start now. Sapp has a job on TV because he is a CHARACTER not because he's any kind of real analyst. Just another fool in a suit.

I'd rather listen to Shannon "Marble Mouth" Sharpe butcher the English language than take anything that fat oaf says seriously.

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
I never cared what that idiot has ever said......and I'm not about to start now. Sapp has a job on TV because he is a CHARACTER not because he's any kind of real analyst. Just another fool in a suit.

I'd rather listen to Shannon "Marble Mouth" Sharpe butcher the English language than take anything that fat oaf says seriously.
I actually like Sapp. I just think that for some reason Sapp and Strahan don't like each other.

titwio
06-20-2013, 02:45 PM
I actually like Sapp. I just think that for some reason Sapp and Strahan don't like each other.

I liked him as a player, but as an analyst on NFL Network he's the most annoying thing next to Jamie Dukes.

FBomb
06-20-2013, 02:48 PM

Can't you ever be on the RIGHT side of a conversation?:rolleyes:

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Can't you ever be on the RIGHT side of a conversation?:rolleyes:
I just don't think its a big deal F. Sapp is pumping his teammate.
Is he right? Absolutely not.

FBomb
06-20-2013, 02:51 PM
I just don't think its a big deal F. Sapp is pumping his teammate.
Is he right? Absolutely not.

I don't either. This will not make me dislike him any more than I already do.

joemorrisforprez
06-20-2013, 02:54 PM
http://sulia.com/c/new-york-giants/f/f7ec2074-aef3-4b06-bb75-457f7b6af8ea/?source=twitter

Wow.....what's up with Sapp constantly hating on Strahan?

dezzzR
06-20-2013, 03:05 PM
I like how Stra never responds and just goes about his life. Class.

King Sully
06-20-2013, 03:09 PM
The fact that he said "the right tackle is the worst starting linemen tells me he is rather dumb, like its some written rule, it's just a different skill set than the other positions"

J. Tuck Rule
06-20-2013, 03:16 PM
The fact that he said "the right tackle is the worst starting linemen tells me he is rather dumb, like its some written rule, it's just a different skill set than the other positions"

Funny because, defensive tackle is the worst starting position on the D line. AMIRITE!!!!!????? :rolleyes:

FBomb
06-20-2013, 03:27 PM

Still....there is a little part of me that wishes Stra would put Sapp in his place.

joemorrisforprez
06-20-2013, 03:38 PM

I'm sure he was tempted, but his agent reminded him he is sitting in Regis Philbin's chair, working with a piece of *** every morning.

gmen46
06-20-2013, 03:46 PM

I was just going to say that Sapp is the modern equivalent of the court jester (aka "Fool") in Medieval Europe palace courts. Paid strictly to be the buffoon. The only thing missing are the funny shoes, cap, and the bells. And the really funny thing is, it doesn't appear he realizes it. He actually thinks people take him seriously.

Sharpe and Sharper on NFLN sound like they have mashed potatoes in their mouths. Sharper seems to be working on improving his articulation a little bit, but Sharpe is worse than ever. And when he gets excited and starts talking faster? Yikes!

barran21
06-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Sapp is broke, while Strahan career is flourishing...someone is jealous..

Morehead State
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Sapp is broke, while Strahan career is flourishing...someone is jealous..
OK...That's cold!

Toadofsteel
06-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Of course, the tinfoil hat part of my brain keeps telling me that the reason strahan didn't get in was because john madden secretly blocked him. Why? "Brett Favre this, Brett Favre that"...

But then again, my inner conspiracy theorist makes skip bayless look sane and rational...

Ntegrase96
06-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Sapp's annoying and I don't disagree, but calling Simeon Rice better than Strahan isn't completely blasphemous. I'd take Strahan still, but Rice was pretty darn good.

Plus, Rice was his teammate.

Sapp should keep his mouth shut though. He talks too much trash, especially for a retired player.

Breezely
06-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Sapp is about 300 lbs, and his ego is 200 lbs of that. In Sapp mind, he is the greatest defensive lineman ever. And he will hate or discredit anyone he feels is a threat to his ego. Yes. . . . .he was a great player but he wasn't that great that he can hate on everyone else.

penguinfarmer
06-20-2013, 06:43 PM
It was hardly about Simeon Rice as much as it was Sapp using it as an avenue to downtalk Strahan, especially when he goes out of his way with numerous fallacies. Strahan was LE by his third year, a position I don't think he'd downtalk the same with Deacon Jones or Reggie White. Regarding competition, it's not like New Orleans, Atlanta or Carolina were powerhouses against Tampa in their division. It's so sad that it's hilarious.

memfist.ten
06-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Sapp wants some attention...your messing with the wrong guy again Crapp (Shockey snitching--not!!)--I meant sapp.

BlueSanta
06-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Using Sapp's logic then Reggie White, prolly the best defensive end of all time doesn't belong in the hall either because he played the same side as Strahan(mostly.)

The fact is Strahan won't just get in for his passrushing either. He was 1 of the best run defending DE's of all time. I would be interested to see what Sapp would have to say about Simeon Rice's run stopping ability because it was horrendous. In fact, he may have been the worst run stopping DE in the league. He ran himself out of the play more often then not.

B&RWarrior
06-20-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry my mind won't let me get worked up about ANYTHING Sapp has to say or said.

ELI_HOF_NYG
06-20-2013, 08:56 PM
F warren sapp with a red hot poker, for real.

BigBlue1971
06-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Sapp is just pissed that Strahans after football television career is better than his.

he needs to stfu and pay his bills.

gmen46
06-20-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm just glad Sapp's shot at Michael was figurative, and not literal like A Hernandez' shot in Fla. OHHH! Yes, I went there, so what?

giants8493
06-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Does he think Reggie White sucked too?