PDA

View Full Version : RB'S????

NYG12589
06-20-2013, 01:41 PM
So as the season gets closer I'm starting to think of the concerns I have with the Gmen this upcoming seaosn. WIlson 1 and Brown 2? Can Wilson do it. I think he's great on special teams!!!!!... idk about the number 1 spot for RB. He seems a bit small, but I guess we will just have to find out how it panels out this year with him. Brown I think will be good, but I think we should have tried for another RB in the draft, ect. Our GM/ Coach never lets us down though, thats what I keep telling myself lol. Thoughts?

kfelgigiants
06-20-2013, 01:51 PM
I think Wilson is capable of securing and holding the no. 1 spot. He is a little undersized but he runs bigger than he is. Tiki Barber was undersized, I think Tiki was 205 lbs. just like Wilson... Idk maybe Im too optimistic but I think our 1, 2 punch is gonna be very good this year, especially with the receiving unit we have this year to compliment it

NYG12589
06-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah he actually reminds me of Tiki between the ball security and his size.

RolleN N CruzN
06-20-2013, 01:55 PM
I really like Andre Brown to pound the ball and then have Wilson run free in the 4th Quarter, much like Bradshaw did early on with the Giants. I loved how Brown was running the ball last year before his injury. I think he'll be a player early in the season.

myles2424
06-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah he actually reminds me of Tiki between the ball security and his size.

A rookie RB has 1 fumble & now he has ball security issues....

NYG12589
06-20-2013, 02:34 PM
A rookie RB has 1 fumble & now he has ball security issues....

more than 1 and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have that same concern about him. We really don't know much about him thats why it needs to PANEL OOUT!!!! this year. Just going off of what we already know, but good try with your sassy comment.

timmytimm3
06-20-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm not worried about the offense at all. The defense has me a bit worried. Lots of question marks.

speedman
06-20-2013, 03:11 PM
more than 1 and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have that same concern about him. We really don't know much about him thats why it needs to PANEL OOUT!!!! this year. Just going off of what we already know, but good try with your sassy comment.where did you see more than 1?

bbdynasty
06-20-2013, 03:13 PM
so do we keep 3 or 4 rbs? the fact that we have an extra qb might take a player from the rb position right? i think rb 3 and 4 need to be good st contributers, and Da'rel Scott (sp?) is supposed to be a good STer... then again we also have Torain and Cox. I don't know that Scott makes the team, unless he shows something in preseason on returns or something. Torain will be the only true veteran back there, and Cox is apparently a bruiser/ short yardage guy. Idk, i hope Scott gets better at returns, cause he's pretty fast

lamas
06-20-2013, 03:23 PM
more than 1 and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have that same concern about him. We really don't know much about him thats why it needs to PANEL OOUT!!!! this year. Just going off of what we already know, but good try with your sassy comment.

He fumbled once (on his second of 71 total carries). Hopefully that hard lesson learned early on will stick with him throughout his Giants career. I'm no more concerned with him fumbling as I am with any other running back we have. My concern is more for his durability as he has not had the opportunity to show this to us yet. I also tend to agree with RolleN that we should start Brown and then let Wilson explode when the D is tired. Wilson would terrorize tired defenses. Hopefully both backs continue to impress us.

blue_truth
06-20-2013, 03:27 PM
When was the second time Wilson fumbled? I only recall one....

J. Tuck Rule
06-20-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm wondering where this 2nd fumble is, too.

lamas
06-20-2013, 03:40 PM
so do we keep 3 or 4 rbs? the fact that we have an extra qb might take a player from the rb position right? i think rb 3 and 4 need to be good st contributers, and Da'rel Scott (sp?) is supposed to be a good STer... then again we also have Torain and Cox. I don't know that Scott makes the team, unless he shows something in preseason on returns or something. Torain will be the only true veteran back there, and Cox is apparently a bruiser/ short yardage guy. Idk, i hope Scott gets better at returns, cause he's pretty fast

I think we still carry 4 RBs and agree that the 3rd and 4th back will need to contribute on special teams. I am not sold that Carr will be on the final 53 man roster.

NYG12589
06-20-2013, 03:42 PM
He fumbled once (on his second of 71 total carries). Hopefully that hard lesson learned early on will stick with him throughout his Giants career. I'm no more concerned with him fumbling as I am with any other running back we have. My concern is more for his durability as he has not had the opportunity to show this to us yet. I also tend to agree with RolleN that we should start Brown and then let Wilson explode when the D is tired. Wilson would terrorize tired defenses. Hopefully both backs continue to impress us.

Yeah hoping they can both excel! We've cleaned house with RB's time to bring in the youth and build off that. Hoping we have foun solid RB's in Wilson and Brown.

NYG12589
06-20-2013, 03:43 PM
When was the second time Wilson fumbled? I only recall one....

I just remember that being a concern. I can't remember every play sorry...

Ruttiger711
06-20-2013, 03:47 PM
I think he came into the league with a fumbling "concern" and part of the reason he was so affected when it happened to him. I cant remember a fumble after that though either.

ironfox
06-20-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm more concerned with their pass protection and blitz pickup. Bradshaw was one of if not the beast RBs in the league in blitz pickup last year and they gotta keep Eli clean.

J. Tuck Rule
06-20-2013, 04:06 PM
I think he came into the league with a fumbling "concern" and part of the reason he was so affected when it happened to him. I cant remember a fumble after that though either.

Probably this. He did fumble something like 7 times his last season with VT.

BlueSanta
06-20-2013, 04:07 PM
he had 1 fumble all season in 132 combined touches.

kfelgigiants
06-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I think u make sense when saying start Brown but, I think Wilsons big play ability and ability to sway momentum in our side early would be huge. So IMO start Wilson but get Brown in there early enough to wear them down...

lamas
06-20-2013, 04:25 PM
I think u make sense when saying start Brown but, I think Wilsons big play ability and ability to sway momentum in our side early would be huge. So IMO start Wilson but get Brown in there early enough to wear them down...
I fully expect Coughlin to play both backs pretty equally beginning in the first quarter. I'm just remembering fondly how Jacobs (and Ware) would grind some hard yards in the early part of games and then Bradshaw would come in late and make defenders wish they weren't on the field. His combo of strength, speed, and fresh legs was demoralizing.

As for replacing Bradshaw's ability to pickup the blitz, remember he was not always great. That skill was learned and Wilson will have to do the same.

ALLnygIN
06-20-2013, 04:27 PM

what was the second.. i'm having a real hard time recalling?

kfelgigiants
06-20-2013, 04:33 PM
I agree. I really hope Wilson becomes a pass blocker. He is a better pure runner than bradshaw and would be a very versatile weapon.

NYG12589
06-21-2013, 01:39 AM
WHat about Scott, think he has a chance?

giantsfan420
06-21-2013, 02:05 AM
i havent seen anyone truly detail Wilsons game. he absolutely can be our "starter", which is a split role. He has a skill set you rarely see, power, agility, speed, and quickness. i actually disagree with those that have made comments recently that he lacks vision. i actually thought he showed very good vision especially for a rookie. i cant remember a run he had where he lost yardage (that wasnt due to the OL letting a guy in clean). He is a physical runner with amazing speed, which really puts a defender in a lose lose situation. he gets a ton of yards after contact. and he specifically added 10-15 pds this offseason to be a more complete back capable of lining up and making a key block.

Then with AB2. Guy in his limited action, displayed to me he already possesses the game to be successful. you simply can't teach the kinda vision/style he has. he is great at setting up his blockers, finding a lil crease, and getting small through the crease, and powerful out of it. he really presses the hole well. he will consistently be effective as long as he stay healthy, same for DW.

And perhaps the most important aspect to the running game doesnt even have to do with a rb. The pass game featuring a (healthy) nicks, cruz, rr, murphy, myers etc is going to force defenses to respect eli and the vertical pass game. that is going to open up a lot of alleys for the rbs to run wild through. big things are in store for our rbs. i have already predicted that AB2 will display the kinda game worthy of being a starter in the league, and that DW will play like a top 5 rb

giant-4-life
06-21-2013, 03:00 AM
I think we can have a defense that shores up at least the issues we had last year. above that, remains to be seen.

we are heavy at DE, LB not so sure about the backfield, but seems we have an able bunch. damn, we just need to watch the injuries. hope we can remain healthy

lamas
06-21-2013, 09:43 AM
WHat about Scott, think he has a chance?

He's got a very good chance. According to giants.com there are only 5 RBs on the roster right now. Granted, that can and probably will change. With Wilson and Brown locked in, Scott, Torain, and Cox will have to duke it out for the other two spots.

5 RBs for 4 spots really doesn't seem like a lot of competition. I wonder if they are leaving room to bring the big man back (dark red = only slightly sarcastic).

bigblue58
06-21-2013, 09:52 AM
So as the season gets closer I'm starting to think of the concerns I have with the Gmen this upcoming seaosn. WIlson 1 and Brown 2? Can Wilson do it. I think he's great on special teams!!!!!... idk about the number 1 spot for RB. He seems a bit small, but I guess we will just have to find out how it panels out this year with him. Brown I think will be good, but I think we should have tried for another RB in the draft, ect. Our GM/ Coach never lets us down though, thats what I keep telling myself lol. Thoughts?

Sorry.... I though this was a thread about where to get the best RIBS!

NYG12589
06-21-2013, 11:06 AM
lol..... WAAAAAAAAT

NYG12589
06-21-2013, 11:22 AM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-backfield-gets-makeover-in-2013/f99c29c6-f85b-461c-a18f-f319fec542d6

Sums it up.

kfelgigiants
06-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Man that's a big statement saying Wilson plays like top 5 back this year, but I totally think he has that in him. I didn't know he put on weight... where did u get that? So he is about 215-220 lbs right now???

NYG12589
06-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Thinking Brown will do better than Wilson.

kfelgigiants
06-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Really? I guess we'll see, I just think Wilson is gonna be a monster this season. Hopefully Brown is too though

giantsfan420
06-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Man that's a big statement saying Wilson plays like top 5 back this year, but I totally think he has that in him. I didn't know he put on weight... where did u get that? So he is about 215-220 lbs right now???Yeah. I truly believe that. His skill set is pretty much only matched by the elite backs in the league. the only guy(s) I can think of that have the blend of speed, power, quickness, and athleticism as Wilson is AP, MJD, Ray Rice, Arian Foster...and even those guys aside from AP really dont match his athleticism and speed/quickness.

THe one thing that DW will need to show is an ability to follow the plays designs and use vision. Im not saying he didnt show that his rookie year, he actually did and doesnt get enough credit for how he was able to setup the defenders so he could either power them, or create enough space for him to out sprint them.

and really, as important as DW's role is going to be in fulfilling such a claim, the pass game too will help a lot. DW is going to be facing a ton of soft defenses due to the respect our pass game forces Defenses into. Last yr, Bradshaw hurt more than helped imho in that, he was not being patient, and not maximizing most his runs aside from a few games and that was due to health not a lack of skill.

with a guy like DW, you give him some of the lanes AB1 got, and DW doesnt run for 20 yds and get caught from behind...he's taking it to the house. And then, when Defenses realize this, the pass game will be setup to go over the top.

Big BIG things in store for DW this year mark my words. First game of the yr, im calling he;ll have a long TD run, 100+ yards, and will show an improved ability in pass protection.

He came in and played at 205 last year. hes at 215 now. he worked to add 10 lbs on and according to him it was solely bc of the pass protection issue and being able to take on and handle bigger defenders.

giantsfan420
06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Really? I guess we'll see, I just think Wilson is gonna be a monster this season. Hopefully Brown is too thoughAB2 also has a unique skill set and is an everydown caliber back too imo. He has 1 thing every RB would kill for, great vision. he is able to setup his blockers, press the hole, and explode through it. he also runs like hes been cut 5 times and knows nothing is given, everything earned and i love that in my RB.

I predicted DW will be a top 5 RB, and AB2 would display the game of a capable starting back even tho he wont be as successful/used as much as DW. I see AB2 gettin 50-60% of the carries DW gets. Maybe 600-800 yds, but more importantly, 8 or more TDs imho.

Great time for Giants Offense, if only our D can bring it.

ALLnygIN
06-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Brown showed he had skills and can be a good back in this game, but I still like Wilson I feel he has way more upside. Brown is solid though, so I'm down with both of them kicking *** this season .

jomo
06-24-2013, 09:36 PM
RB is not any kind of an area of concern for me.

B&RWarrior
06-24-2013, 09:42 PM
We a run a 2 back system. There will be no top 5 back on this team.

giantsfan420
06-24-2013, 10:17 PM
We a run a 2 back system. There will be no top 5 back on this team.how do you figure with the A+++++++++ OL we have lol

its my opinion. I know its a long shot. and tech, i said he will display top 5 RB game so he doesnt necessarily need to produce as much as the top 5, just play at the level the top 5 rbs play at.

nhpgiantsfan
06-24-2013, 10:33 PM
RB is not any kind of an area of concern for me.

How can it not be a concern? DW has one good game under his belt and AB2 lasted half a season before getting hurt again. Oh and we are coming back with the same exact offensive line, (unless the kid beats Diehl) that has struggled in the run game for two years now. Until they prove it, the running game is still a big concern for me.

giantsfan420
06-24-2013, 10:50 PM
we actually had a pretty good run game last yr. much improved than 2011. iirc we actually had a top 10 run game...could be way off.

nhpgiantsfan
06-24-2013, 10:56 PM
we actually had a pretty good run game last yr. much improved than 2011. iirc we actually had a top 10 run game...could be way off.

Ranked 14th in NFL in average yards per game, but our 1000 yard rusher is not on the team anymore. Now I am not saying our guys aren't capable but for now they remain a question mark.

giantsfan420
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
that is very true nhp. i guess its how we personally view it. i def can see cause for the question/worry, I personally am very confident tho.

nhpgiantsfan
06-24-2013, 10:59 PM
that is very true nhp. i guess its how we personally view it. i def can see cause for the question/worry, I personally am very confident tho.

I think it's fair to say that the potential is def there.

egyptian420
06-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Brown and Wilson is the new generation of Jacobs/Bradshaw

EliDaMANning
06-24-2013, 11:11 PM
how do you figure with the A+++++++++ OL we have rofl

One thing Wilson has over Brown is that breakaway speed once he gets to the 2nd and 3rd levels. He is a home run waiting to happen and we haven't had that in a while. I'm more concerned about his pass blocking and how it's such a premium in our offense. Too bad our A+++++ O line consistently relies on a TE and RB to do some heavy lifting in the backfield. Hopefully Wilson can improve on his blocking assignments and get more playing time.

giantsfan420
06-25-2013, 01:12 AM
rofl

One thing Wilson has over Brown is that breakaway speed once he gets to the 2nd and 3rd levels. He is a home run waiting to happen and we haven't had that in a while. I'm more concerned about his pass blocking and how it's such a premium in our offense. Too bad our A+++++ O line consistently relies on a TE and RB to do some heavy lifting in the backfield. Hopefully Wilson can improve on his blocking assignments and get more playing time.nice post, i agree...(i dont believe we have/had an A+++++++ OL. it was a claim a poster made about our 2011 OL just fyi in case u thought i actually believe that lmfao)

Toadofsteel
06-25-2013, 08:05 AM
He's got a very good chance. According to giants.com there are only 5 RBs on the roster right now. Granted, that can and probably will change. With Wilson and Brown locked in, Scott, Torain, and Cox will have to duke it out for the other two spots.

5 RBs for 4 spots really doesn't seem like a lot of competition. I wonder if they are leaving room to bring the big man back (dark red = only slightly sarcastic).

Nah, they would have invited him to camp if that was the case.

That said, he could be a possibility to come back if Brown gets hurt for any length of time again... kinda like Blackburn did in 2011.

EliDaMANning
06-25-2013, 08:31 AM
nice post, i agree...(i dont believe we have/had an A+++++++ OL. it was a claim a poster made about our 2011 OL just fyi in case u thought i actually believe that lmfao)nah I know you wouldn't have said that. Only an Eli hater can make that claim.

NYG12589
06-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Really? I guess we'll see, I just think Wilson is gonna be a monster this season. Hopefully Brown is too though

Yeah exactly we will find out. Idk I just don't have confidence in Wilson yet maybe bc I don't know much about him. I am not at ll saying he won't be good I just don't know

kfelgigiants
06-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Fair enough. I guess I really don't know much about him either. I mean I watched a lot of his college games and he was very exciting to watch and was constantly breaking off plays, but as far as his nfl career Idk much... Isn't much to know yet other than the fact that hes struggled in pass protection in games but is a very talented and explosive pure runner. I'm just anxious to see what that added ten pounds does for him...

giantsfan420
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Fair enough. I guess I really don't know much about him either. I mean I watched a lot of his college games and he was very exciting to watch and was constantly breaking off plays, but as far as his nfl career Idk much... Isn't much to know yet other than the fact that hes struggled in pass protection in games but is a very talented and explosive pure runner. I'm just anxious to see what that added ten pounds does for him...me 2.

hey, can i ask why u dont post more often? you have some good insights/posts and just wonderin if theres anything keepin from postin more?

kfelgigiants
06-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks, well idk, I just don't wanna speak too much I guess.. Trying to earn respect from my fellow giants fans before I start blabbing my opinions. Im just a die hard fan who loves to talk about football in general. Plus I just joined the boards a little over a month ago I think

uther99
06-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Oline will be no worse than last year, both Bass and Snee had surgeries to improve (hopefully) and Pugh should beat out Diehl. DW is better than Bradshaw so he should have a good year stats wise. I'm not as optimistic as 420, maybe I'm not smoking the right stuff

giantsfan420
06-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks, well idk, I just don't wanna speak too much I guess.. Trying to earn respect from my fellow giants fans before I start blabbing my opinions. Im just a die hard fan who loves to talk about football in general. Plus I just joined the boards a little over a month ago I thinkoh ok cool. yeah feel free to speak up. u got my respect already. most everyone is knowledgable and open to discussion here as im sure you've found, just don't make the mistake I made and let petty stuff become an issue on here. and the reason i asked is bc your join date says may 2011 so i was just wondering, if u joined like a month ago makes sense. u prob didnt get ur username confirmed on the new MB til then or somethin i guess.

kfelgigiants
06-27-2013, 02:15 AM
Ill keep that in mind, and yea everybody seems to be pretty open and intelligent football fans here. For the most part anyway. But, I forgot I registered back in 2011 and made only a couple of posts and didn't keep up. Recently its kinda become a hobby talking with u guys. It helps the wait of the season move along too and ive learned more about the giants and altered some of my opinions on certain things after some ppl on here have shed new light on topics

miked1958
06-27-2013, 03:45 AM
RBs will be a strong point as long as they have decent OLine

EliDaMANning
06-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks, well idk, I just don't wanna speak too much I guess.. Trying to earn respect from my fellow giants fans before I start blabbing my opinions. Im just a die hard fan who loves to talk about football in general. Plus I just joined the boards a little over a month ago I thinkBecareful, you joined 2011 so anything you say pro Eli you will be labeled by the Simms worshippers.

CowboysSuck
06-27-2013, 09:40 AM
enough of this.

David Wilson is going to be the best ever for the Gmen.

With only 4.5 carries/game avg. last year he took it to the house 4 times. Not to mention a TD off a reception, and who can forget his awesome TD return?

OH, and he broke the NYG all-time record for all-purpose yards. LOL

All this for an 'undersized back' with 4.5 carries a game?!?

Yeah...hes going to be one of the best. If you think otherwise...to hell with your opinion!

NYG12589
06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
enough of this.

David Wilson is going to be the best ever for the Gmen.

With only 4.5 carries/game avg. last year he took it to the house 4 times. Not to mention a TD off a reception, and who can forget his awesome TD return?

OH, and he broke the NYG all-time record for all-purpose yards. LOL

All this for an 'undersized back' with 4.5 carries a game?!?

Yeah...hes going to be one of the best. If you think otherwise...to hell with your opinion!

Bold statement, BUT HEY I wouldn't mind.

Diamondring
06-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Im worried about depth at the O-lines and backs. Wilson has the talent and hope Brown does as well.