PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz Mirrors Giants' Workouts While Negotiating Contract

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 12:35 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/cruz-mirrors-giant-workouts-holding-bigger-deal-article-1.1378675

Excerpt: "Victor Cruz (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Victor+Cruz) spent his offseason sitting for photo shoots, walking on red carpets, and even posing with a giant donut for National Donut Day. While his teammates were working hard at the Meadowlands, he was a fixture on the celebrity scene.

That’s what the public saw during Cruz’s long contract stand-off with the Giants over the last four months. Sean Donellan saw something different.

He saw Cruz sweat.

“Believe me,” Donellan told the Daily News, “every fashion shoot you see him doing, he’s put in the time in the gym before or after.”

Donellan, the New York Islanders director of sports performance, knows that better than anyone because he’s the one who has been training the Giants’ star receiver this offseason, making sure Cruz didn’t lose a step while his agents worked on what he hopes will be a lucrative, long-term contract. Three or four times a week, every week since mid-February, Cruz has worked out with Donellan’s Ultimate Athletic Performance program with several other NFL players in an Oakland, N.J. gym.

The idea was to make sure that when Cruz — who recently signed a one-year, $2.879 million tender — decides to report to Giants training camp, it won’t look like he’s missed the entire offseason program.

It’ll be as if he’s been training with the team all along.

“It’s funny,” Donellan said. “He gets all these appearances and obviously he’s trying to capitalize on that stuff to the best of his abilities. But he’s very good at organizing and prioritizing his time, and he’s very, very good at staying grounded. He’s never lost sight of what’s gotten him there, what made him successful. And he’s dedicated to that.” Read more...

TCHOF
06-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Good to hear, but I wouldn't have expected anything else.

FishinTheSalt
06-21-2013, 12:42 PM
I still believe he will retire a Giant.

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Good to hear, but I wouldn't have expected anything else. It is good to know he won't be coming to camp out of shape.

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 12:44 PM
I still believe he will retire a Giant. +1

Rudyy
06-21-2013, 12:53 PM
I BET IT WAS DIVA SWEAT, AND NOT REGULAR SWEAT!

ryan12
06-21-2013, 01:14 PM
I still believe he will retire a Giant.

i sure hope so

ryan12
06-21-2013, 01:14 PM

only you can make vic sweat rudy

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM

You should know :p

Shockeystays08
06-21-2013, 04:01 PM
So if he show's up to camp he will be in fashion shoot shape. Pay the man.

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 04:06 PM
So if he show's up to camp he will be in fashion shoot shape. Pay the man.

Did you bother to read the article?

giant-4-life
06-21-2013, 04:12 PM
people forget, however much he makes, will be pushed over into the prices of novelties and concessions out of your pocketbooks. If he doesn't play to what he is getting paid, you all have every right to be pissed after forking over hard earned monies. so yes, in a way, you all, ahem.. WE ALL have a vested interest in this team in a round about way.

by chance, I've never been to the new stadium being a family man, how much do you guys pay for beer and hot dogs there?

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 04:14 PM
people forget, however much he makes, will be pushed over into the prices of novelties and concessions out of your pocketbooks. If he doesn't play to what he is getting paid, you all have every right to be pissed after forking over hard earned monies. so yes, in a way, you all, ahem.. WE ALL have a vested interest in this team in a round about way.

by chance, I've never been to the new stadium being a family man, how much do you guys pay for beer and hot dogs there?

I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I've never bought food/drinks inside the building. It has always been outrageous so we tailgate before and after to solve that problem.

But players salaries are covered 100% by the TV contracts so they really don't fugure into individual teams' expenses/bottom line.

giant-4-life
06-21-2013, 04:17 PM
I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I've never bought food/drinks inside the building. It has always been outrageous so we tailgate before and after to solve that problem.

But players salaries are covered 100% by the TV contracts so they really don't fugure into individual teams' expenses/bottom line.

so how do they( the team) justify boning people in the stadium?

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 04:21 PM
so how do they( the team) justify boning people in the stadium?

We allow it.

NYGabriel
06-21-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm getting fed up of this. If Cruz wants to be a celebrity let him go stand on the red carpet in Kansas.

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm getting fed up of this. If Cruz wants to be a celebrity let him go stand on the red carpet in Kansas.

You're fed up with his working out?

GameTime
06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
oh stop....
they said he was working out hard as well.

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 04:27 PM
oh stop....
they said he was working out hard as well.

He started in mid-February according to the trainer. I wonder how many of his teammates started that early? It may not be the same as working with Eli, but at least he's doing what he can to keep in shape to include working with QBs and DBs.

NYGabriel
06-21-2013, 04:28 PM
You're fed up with his working out?

Who knows if he's working out. I remember his quotes from a few weeks ago by when he said he's looking to do a reality show and he'd squeeze in some training if he had the time. Let him go do a reality show in Jacksonville.

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Who knows if he's working out. I remember his quotes from a few weeks ago by when he said he's looking to do a reality show and he'd squeeze in some training if he had the time. Let him go do a reality show in Jacksonville.

You are relying on that asinine report which has been debunked. Did you read the article on his workouts?