PDA

View Full Version : Blog Bits: WR Brandon Collins

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 01:13 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6274

Excerpt: "Collins, who was with the Giants last summer, has flashed on more than one occasion during the springtime, even earning praise from head coach Tom Coughlin and receivers coach Kevin M. Gilbride. Although the numbers aren’t in his favor, Collins is hoping to make enough of a case to convince the coaches that he’s worthy of a roster spot.

Q: This is your second time around in the Giants’ system. How much has having a year under your belt made a difference for you this spring?
A: I’m definitely more comfortable in the offense this year than I was last year. Stuff happens pretty quickly on offense on a play and you have to be ready to react more than thinking things through, and I think I’ve become more comfortable there.

Q: With Hakeem and Victor out, has your preparation changed any knowing that you now are seeing more reps?
A: No, you just go out there and try to get better every day. You know there’s going to be more opportunity for you, so you try to take advantage of it. I think a good thing is that you’re getting more reps and so you have more opportunities t make plays but you have to approach it like you aren’t going to get as many reps so your margin for error isn’t that big.

Q: What’s the biggest difference in your play from last year, other than of curse being more comfortable in the system?
A: I think I’m playing faster. Knowing the playbook and stuff helps you to play faster." Read more...