PDA

View Full Version : Giants Interested in Desmond Bishop

Kruunch
06-21-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=255229

Kind of worried about the hammy, but Desmond Bishop would be a HUGE upgrade over anything we have at MLB. And he'd start for us which would really interest him.

I still have that feeling that the 2013 starting MLB for the Giants isn't on the team yet.

Jppallday
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
The truth is we aren't going to be able to afford him. Of course were interested because we have the worst LBs in the draft but it's not going to happen

Kruunch
06-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Dunno about that ... Bishop isn't going to command big bucks anyway considering position, age and coming off a season-ending injury.

I sincerely doubt he gets much more than vet minimum from whatever team signs him.

giant-4-life
06-21-2013, 04:37 PM
can we effectively offer more bonus money and less on the cap side. seems to me that bonus money doesn't count against a cap and is guaranteed.

in this day and age, I'd take more guaranteed then the other.

DVision
06-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Dunno about that ... Bishop isn't going to command big bucks anyway considering position, age and coming off a season-ending injury.

I sincerely doubt he gets much more than vet minimum from whatever team signs him.

From listening to his comments he's not JUST looking for money. He wants to start and play for a winner which is why there may be a chance the Giants could draw his interest (albeit small). Also I'm pretty sure he knows he's gonna only sign a 1 year "prove it" type contract due to the injury concern. If he's as confident in his health as he says he may take less to be in a situation to excel and have a solid season.

Antwuan
06-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Would be a good pick up.

Eli TO Shockey
06-21-2013, 05:56 PM
This would be a great situation for him to resurrect his career.

JesseJames
06-21-2013, 06:05 PM
if Reese wants Bishop then he will find a way to make the deal, good GMs do this stuff all the time...

egyptian420
06-21-2013, 06:18 PM
From listening to his comments he's not JUST looking for money. He wants to start and play for a winner which is why there may be a chance the Giants could draw his interest (albeit small). Also I'm pretty sure he knows he's gonna only sign a 1 year "prove it" type contract due to the injury concern. If he's as confident in his health as he says he may take less to be in a situation to excel and have a solid season.pretty much how I see it

Captain Chaos
06-22-2013, 09:25 AM
The guy is no dummy, if he comes here he has two huge advantages: first, the competition (or lack there of) is wide open and second, the media market will get him tons of coverage. Don't think that is true look what happened with Bennet last year. I think if you get him a reasonable contract then he'd play here.

appodictic
06-22-2013, 12:25 PM
If we take the best parts of all the bad linebackers we have we can probably make one or two decent ones.Blackburns brain, Keith rivers jaw, Herzlicks something...

Carter.525
06-22-2013, 12:32 PM
If we take the best parts of all the bad linebackers we have we can probably make one or two decent ones.Blackburns brain, Keith rivers jaw, Herzlicks something...

too bad Blackburn is on the Panthers

Giantslb66
06-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Worked out well for the Giants when they did the Mitchell deal a few years ago, Hope they can do it with Bishop.

JesseJames
06-22-2013, 05:20 PM
I don't think Kawika Mitchell got the respect he deserved until after he was gone.....

giantsfan420
06-22-2013, 06:34 PM
i agree jesse

hugehomer
06-22-2013, 07:49 PM
That Snee salary is preventing us from signing players.

giant-4-life
06-22-2013, 08:10 PM
That Snee salary is preventing us from signing players.

Well, this is coach coughlins son in law. he's going to get his. trim the fat by getting rid of diehl already!

jomo
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I don't think Kawika Mitchell got the respect he deserved until after he was gone.....So how well did he do after he was gone?