PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't find a general discussion area so here it is.

giant-4-life
06-21-2013, 03:22 PM
this next week, I'm moving out west to Reno. my health has deteriorated to the point that my wife can't do it alone helping me when I have medical problems. Gonna miss you guys, being on the east coast. Again, I'll find myself deep in enemy territory which could work out in the long run because that place in 49 market and I can get the dirty info pretty darn quick on our arch rivals.

But it was fun while it lasted and here's to a great prosperous life to all of you.

Cheers!

Giant-4-life

RoanokeFan
06-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Best of luck to you

GameTime
06-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Best of luck to you and your wife. Hope your health takes a turn for the best as well.
Will you have internet?? If so you should be back .....right?...

giant-4-life
06-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Best of luck to you and your wife. Hope your health takes a turn for the best as well.
Will you have internet?? If so you should be back .....right?...

it won't bro but thanks. the docs are scared because my body is effectively dying of mal-nutrition. long story short, the military removed 15 feet of small bowel which, as you know, is where our bodies absorb nutrients. we have about 20 feet total of small, 4 feet of large. so you can see the inherent problems.

But I'm making the best of it. I'm unemployable, i have no issue telling you all this, we are family. But that's where I'm at. just trying to stay alive.

DownWitJPP
06-21-2013, 03:39 PM
it won't bro but thanks. the docs are scared because my body is effectively dying of mal-nutrition. long story short, the military removed 15 feet of small bowel which, as you know, is where our bodies absorb nutrients. we have about 20 feet total of small, 4 feet of large. so you can see the inherent problems.

But I'm making the best of it. I'm unemployable, i have no issue telling you all this, we are family. But that's where I'm at. just trying to stay alive.

sorry to hear about your medical issues, wish you the best in your recovery. Hopefully things will take a turn for the better...good luck man

TCHOF
06-21-2013, 03:40 PM

Best of luck to you.

repeatchamps
06-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Wishing you the best of luck with your medical situation.

Rudyy
06-21-2013, 03:49 PM
I hope you can recover, stay strong and be blessed

jomo
06-21-2013, 03:58 PM

But I'm making the best of it. I'm unemployable, i have no issue telling you all this, we are family. But that's where I'm at. just trying to stay alive.We are all Giants family for life and we'll be thinking of you.

sheli no more
06-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Keep the faith man. Mind over matter and a positive attitude can heal a lot. I'm sure we'll both live to see Eli & Co. win two more.

Good Luck

brad
06-21-2013, 05:27 PM

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble... I hope your health improves and want to thank you for what you have done for us by serving in the military. You aren't just our family because you are a Giants fan, you are our hero for the sacrifices you have made for us.

YATittle1962
06-21-2013, 05:29 PM
stay strong brother

we are in your corner like Mickey Goldmill

poppa smurph
06-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Head's up and heart strong..take care

Astorian
06-21-2013, 06:43 PM
You will have my prayers and best wishes.

God Bless.

FishinTheSalt
06-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you for your service and hope things turn around for you.

FIFTY6G-MAN
06-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Thanks for your service to our country, I too served for 20 years in the Navy. I hope DOD takes care you you properly!!! Once a G-Men Fan .......Always a G-Men fan. Find your way back my brother!!

joemorrisforprez
06-21-2013, 07:15 PM
this next week, I'm moving out west to Reno. my health has deteriorated to the point that my wife can't do it alone helping me when I have medical problems. Gonna miss you guys, being on the east coast. Again, I'll find myself deep in enemy territory which could work out in the long run because that place in 49 market and I can get the dirty info pretty darn quick on our arch rivals.

But it was fun while it lasted and here's to a great prosperous life to all of you.

Cheers!

Giant-4-life

Best wishes.....keep posting here so you can stay in touch with your fellow fans.

BurnerNYG
06-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Best of luck to you. Not to sound harsh but don't count on strangers to genuinely sympathize with you just because they root for the same team. I lost a family member this week, someone who was loved by many and it'll be quite evident if you were a friend of mine in real life or on Facebook. I came on the board to tell my so called Gfam and only one person responded. No big deal... at least I know not to waste my time here. I hope everything works out for you and never give up hope regardless what the Dr says. Some things are incurable, very sad but we are just mere humans living a life on borrowed time. Just keep the faith, stay strong, laugh often, make lots of memories and don't ever stop living until your body gives in. I mean this and I don't even know you... good luck.

Roosevelt
06-21-2013, 09:21 PM

Hey man, I wish you the time needed that it takes to get you cured. Thanks for serving our country and be well.

Roosevelt
06-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Best of luck to you. Not to sound harsh but don't count on strangers to genuinely sympathize with you just because they root for the same team. I lost a family member this week, someone who was loved by many and it'll be quite evident if you were a friend of mine in real life or on Facebook. I came on the board to tell my so called Gfam and only one person responded. No big deal... at least I know not to waste my time here. I hope everything works out for you and never give up hope regardless what the Dr says. Some things are incurable, very sad but we are just mere humans living a life on borrowed time. Just keep the faith, stay strong, laugh often, make lots of memories and don't ever stop living until your body gives in. I mean this and I don't even know you but take it however you want.

Condolences on your loss. Had I saw your post I would have responded.

With that said, I don't think your post is appropriate.

ShakeandBake
06-21-2013, 09:30 PM

Cheers!

Giant-4-life

Hang in there, keep us posted during the season to let us know how you are doing.

BurnerNYG
06-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Condolences on your loss. Had I saw your post I would have responded.

With that said, I don't think your post is appropriate.I'm gonna leave it alone because I don't wanna start a debate in this guy's thread. I certainly didn't appreciate being ignored after I poured my heart out but I should've expected it on this board. I was infuriated and if they wanna ban me, go right ahead.

Roosevelt
06-21-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm gonna leave it alone because I don't wanna start a debate in this guy's thread. I certainly didn't appreciate being ignored after I poured my heart out but I should've expected it on this board. I was infuriated and if they wanna ban me, go right ahead.

Yeah that's all I was saying - not in this thread.

Again I never saw it and you know how sometimes threads can get over-looked very easy. Don't take it personally bro.

brad
06-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Best of luck to you. Not to sound harsh but don't count on strangers to genuinely sympathize with you just because they root for the same team. I lost a family member this week, someone who was loved by many and it'll be quite evident if you were a friend of mine in real life or on Facebook. I came on the board to tell my so called Gfam and only one person responded. No big deal... at least I know not to waste my time here. I hope everything works out for you and never give up hope regardless what the Dr says. Some things are incurable, very sad but we are just mere humans living a life on borrowed time. Just keep the faith, stay strong, laugh often, make lots of memories and don't ever stop living until your body gives in. I mean this and I don't even know you... good luck.

My condolences on your loss... had I seen your post I would have posted then. Maybe you just posted at an odd time when few were on? Probably not the most appropriate to post your rant on here, but I can sympathize with how you are feeling. You keep your head up too!

GameTime
06-21-2013, 11:46 PM

wow Brother.......that"s a hell of hand to be dealt. I wish for you as comfortable a ride as you can have. All the best.
Thank you for your service to our country.

Take your vitamins too......:)

GameTime
06-21-2013, 11:49 PM
oh boy......apologies for not seeing that. Would have certainly responded.
Sympathies go out to your family...

FBomb
06-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Much Karma your waf from Camp Fbomb!!

poppa smurph
06-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Best of luck to you. Not to sound harsh but don't count on strangers to genuinely sympathize with you just because they root for the same team. I lost a family member this week, someone who was loved by many and it'll be quite evident if you were a friend of mine in real life or on Facebook. I came on the board to tell my so called Gfam and only one person responded. No big deal... at least I know not to waste my time here. I hope everything works out for you and never give up hope regardless what the Dr says. Some things are incurable, very sad but we are just mere humans living a life on borrowed time. Just keep the faith, stay strong, laugh often, make lots of memories and don't ever stop living until your body gives in. I mean this and I don't even know you... good luck.Sorry for your loss Burner..didn't see your post and never noticed anything indifferent in your manner, or posts this week.
condolences.. sorry for your loss as well

BurnerNYG
06-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Thanks all but I wasn't trying to turn this thread into a discussion about me. I was just somewhat hurt when I posted my comment and only byron responded. I was saying to myself "damn, it's one thing to not particularly care for someone but am I THAT hated around here"?

BurnerNYG
06-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Sorry for your loss Burner..didn't see your post and never noticed anything indifferent in your manner, or posts this week.
condolences.. sorry for your loss as wellI only posted maybe 6 or 7 times this week, give or take. The bulk of my comments was on Monday, the day after Father's Day (the day she passed). Trust me I am hurt, I just do a good job of covering up my feelings.

gmen0820
06-22-2013, 01:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear that man, and I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers. Even though I don't think we've conversed much, I find it admirable that you think so highly of the board collectively to view us in a manner of kinship. Your optimism and positive outlook is refreshing, and one that I hope goes a long way for you in your miraculous recovery. My father is also having problems with his health, so I can just imagine the stress on your family, and I hope they remain strong as well.

And Burner, sorry for your loss as well. I did a little digging and saw that your post was tucked away in a Father's Day thread, which is one that I never viewed (as I'm sure many others overlooked, too). I can imagine losing your sister is an incredibly tough loss for you, and I can only hope that you and your family remain strong as you mourn. If you don't mind me asking, did her cancer go into remission at any point in the thirteen years?

Sean Montemayor
06-22-2013, 01:19 AM
it won't bro but thanks. the docs are scared because my body is effectively dying of mal-nutrition. long story short, the military removed 15 feet of small bowel which, as you know, is where our bodies absorb nutrients. we have about 20 feet total of small, 4 feet of large. so you can see the inherent problems.But I'm making the best of it. I'm unemployable, i have no issue telling you all this, we are family. But that's where I'm at. just trying to stay alive.I'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers are out to you tonight and for many more times to come. Please continue to be as happy as possible and know that we are here for your support. Stay blessed and may God protect you.

Giant stuck in Texas
06-22-2013, 02:02 AM

Cheers!

Giant-4-life God bless you for everything you have done for us, you will be in my prayers and thoughts.

BuffyBlueII
06-22-2013, 02:04 AM
I am so sorry for your health problems and I will pray for you.

Burner, I am sorry for your loss too and you are also in my prayers.

Giant stuck in Texas
06-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Best of luck to you. Not to sound harsh but don't count on strangers to genuinely sympathize with you just because they root for the same team. I lost a family member this week, someone who was loved by many and it'll be quite evident if you were a friend of mine in real life or on Facebook. I came on the board to tell my so called Gfam and only one person responded. No big deal... at least I know not to waste my time here. I hope everything works out for you and never give up hope regardless what the Dr says. Some things are incurable, very sad but we are just mere humans living a life on borrowed time. Just keep the faith, stay strong, laugh often, make lots of memories and don't ever stop living until your body gives in. I mean this and I don't even know you... good luck. I'm truly sorry for your loss and if I would noticed your thread I would have posted my condolences. My prayers go out to the both of you.

blueomaha
06-22-2013, 10:31 AM
good luck and stay in touch...represent the NYG....

keyofgmen
06-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Come on folks. How can we possibly turn this thread into a debate?!
We have all lost dearly loved ones. Each heartbreak is the worst than the rest.
Today, I posted a note on FB about my little brother that passed last year because he was a big Blackhawks fan. I expect nothing in return. I only hope to heal the painful wound by occasionally voicing my feelings. So to all that have struggles..giant-4-life and BurnerNYG included, stay strong...judge not..and pass a little love in life and leave a little love when ya pass...

FBomb
06-22-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm gonna leave it alone because I don't wanna start a debate in this guy's thread. I certainly didn't appreciate being ignored after I poured my heart out but I should've expected it on this board. I was infuriated and if they wanna ban me, go right ahead.

Never saw it bro....you KNOW I would have said something. Very sorry for your loss.

byron
06-22-2013, 02:12 PM

But I'm making the best of it. I'm unemployable, i have no issue telling you all this, we are family. But that's where I'm at. just trying to stay alive. sorry to here this man I truely hope the doc's can get a handle on this for you

speedman
06-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks all but I wasn't trying to turn this thread into a discussion about me. I was just somewhat hurt when I posted my comment and only byron responded. I was saying to myself "damn, it's one thing to not particularly care for someone but am I THAT hated around here"?You know we can all be a bunch of jerks on this board when it comes to talking about football, but the loss of a loved one is a whole other thing. I believe most people, like me, didn't see the post. I'm sorry for your loss.

speedman
06-22-2013, 02:47 PM
this next week, I'm moving out west to Reno. my health has deteriorated to the point that my wife can't do it alone helping me when I have medical problems. Gonna miss you guys, being on the east coast. Again, I'll find myself deep in enemy territory which could work out in the long run because that place in 49 market and I can get the dirty info pretty darn quick on our arch rivals.But it was fun while it lasted and here's to a great prosperous life to all of you.Cheers!Giant-4-lifeKeep strong. A positive attitude can go a long way. You're in all of our prayers.

Eli TO Shockey
06-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks all but I wasn't trying to turn this thread into a discussion about me. I was just somewhat hurt when I posted my comment and only byron responded. I was saying to myself "damn, it's one thing to not particularly care for someone but am I THAT hated around here"?

I didnt see it brother. Sorry for your loss. Best of luck to the OP.

NYGinIN666
06-22-2013, 05:11 PM

I'm sorry to hear that man! I know how tough bowel issues can be. I am a cancer surviver and I've had yards upon yards of small bowel removed plus from all the radiation I have trouble absorbing nutrients and I have lots of adhesions; very painful. That said, one of the things that has helped me most is my PICC line. If you ever want to PM and talk, please do. Good luck my friend.

giant-4-life
06-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys. This move seems like a good thing for me. will finally have family nearby for help in moments of hospitalizations. But I'm not bitter. I've done well up to this point.

BurnerNYG
06-23-2013, 02:13 AM
I'm sorry to hear that man, and I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers. Even though I don't think we've conversed much, I find it admirable that you think so highly of the board collectively to view us in a manner of kinship. Your optimism and positive outlook is refreshing, and one that I hope goes a long way for you in your miraculous recovery. My father is also having problems with his health, so I can just imagine the stress on your family, and I hope they remain strong as well.

And Burner, sorry for your loss as well. I did a little digging and saw that your post was tucked away in a Father's Day thread, which is one that I never viewed (as I'm sure many others overlooked, too). I can imagine losing your sister is an incredibly tough loss for you, and I can only hope that you and your family remain strong as you mourn. If you don't mind me asking, did her cancer go into remission at any point in the thirteen years?I don't mind at all and the answer to your question is yes. She definitely got better, she even had a baby like 2 years ago which unfortunately got her sick again. It's a long story and I don't really wanna get into all the details but thank you and everyone else for the kind words and prayers. I didn't start my own thread because I didn't intend on posting it. I read the Father's Day post and felt inclined to tell her story due to the fact she passed away on that day.

Die-Hard
06-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Positive vibes out to giant-4-life and Burner

Hang in there, fellas

Harooni
06-23-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm gonna leave it alone because I don't wanna start a debate in this guy's thread. I certainly didn't appreciate being ignored after I poured my heart out but I should've expected it on this board. I was infuriated and if they wanna ban me, go right ahead. you know its offseason the regs dont come everyday. we miss these type of thhreads easy. always liked your posts man, best of luck. and to the old timer moving to vegas i wish a true fan good luck.

Delicreep
06-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Good luck and keep in touch - both of you.