PDA

View Full Version : Our RB brown, I like this kid.

giant-4-life
06-22-2013, 07:08 PM
He seems to have great mechanics as running backs go. good field awareness. I'm very optimistic.

GiantRoc
06-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Hell yeah. He is going to be the most exciting RB the Giants have had in my lifetime.

FishinTheSalt
06-22-2013, 07:55 PM
I liked the way it looked like the play was over and he'd bust out of the pile. Cant wait!

J. Tuck Rule
06-22-2013, 09:07 PM
When Andre Brown was drafted, I remember hearing some fairly well-know talking head (cant remember exactly who it was) saying that, he felt, the steal of the draft very well may end up being Andre Brown. I had really high hopes after hearing that and then he just fizzled.

Lets hope this guy, whoever he was, ends up being right.

RoanokeFan
06-22-2013, 09:23 PM
When Andre Brown was drafted, I remember hearing some fairly well-know talking head (cant remember exactly who it was) saying that, he felt, the steal of the draft very well may end up being Andre Brown. I had really high hopes after hearing that and then he just fizzled.

Lets hope this guy, whoever he was, ends up being right.

I don't think he fizzled, didn't he tear his Achilles Tendon?

J. Tuck Rule
06-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't think he fizzled, didn't he tear his Achilles Tendon?

Yeah, something like that. But, when he came back, he got cut, then got bounced around to a few teams, never stuck. He had a few injuries in college, too. Broken foot, I think.

GoDeep80
06-22-2013, 09:32 PM
In forgot who had the stat but I remember seeing on a carry to carry basis Brown was the third biggest breakaway runner in the NFL.

giant-4-life
06-22-2013, 09:59 PM
In forgot who had the stat but I remember seeing on a carry to carry basis Brown was the third biggest breakaway runner in the NFL.

Geez, I wonder how he'll fair in yards after contact. 4 - 6 on average would equal close to a first down every run. it's what?, 4 yards starting from behind center?

river555
06-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Not typical in the NFL to have 1 of your top 2 RBs be 27 (turns 27 during the season) and have 75 career carries. Interesting??

giant-4-life
06-22-2013, 10:11 PM
actually, does he carry the rock like tiki did? referring to when tiki stopped his fumbling? across his chest?did coughlin already teach this kid to carry across his chest?

egyptian420
06-22-2013, 10:27 PM
He was great in the limited number of carries he had, I hope that continues. I expect him to get used at the goal line as he was past year.

slipknottin
06-22-2013, 10:36 PM

If you mean Footballoutsiders. It wasent breakaway, it was brown gained the most yards consistently per carry in the league

gumby74
06-22-2013, 11:42 PM
If you mean Footballoutsiders. It wasent breakaway, it was brown gained the most yards consistently per carry in the league

Which is why i love the kid. Being a home run threat is over-rated imo, if you can't get consistent yards. Getting yards of 0, 1, 2, 0, and then 50 for a 10 yard per carry average is garbage. Technically, a 1 yard gain is almost as bad as an incomplete pass as far as drive killers go.

GoDeep80
06-23-2013, 12:10 AM
It was breakaway percentage and it was PFF/ https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/05/snapshot-breakaway-percentage/, Sadly they no longer have the charts up though

WayBackFan
06-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Seems to always get yards. Love the guy.

GameTime
06-23-2013, 12:20 PM
all he needs is to stay healthy and he will have a very good season......

GiantRoc
06-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah, something like that. But, when he came back, he got cut, then got bounced around to a few teams, never stuck. He had a few injuries in college, too. Broken foot, I think.

Still, I wouldn't call that fizzle. I just don't think he was 100% until he landed back here. Any way you look at it, if our 1 & 2 can stay fairly healthy, we should have a rediculous offense this season.

BigBlue1971
06-23-2013, 01:05 PM
I love Brown as well. im glad the Giants saw something else in him to bring him back.

hes still fresh after being in the league 4 years and if healthy will be a positive impact on this team.

I am certainly excited to see Brown and Wilson.

TopleyBird
06-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Definiitely a quiet superstar that opponents will slowly learn about. Great workhorse with surprising veteran vision and a great nose for the first down marker/end zone. I really wouldn't mind if he was the week 1 starter.

jomo
06-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Definiitely a quiet superstar that opponents will slowly learn about. Great workhorse with surprising veteran vision and a great nose for the first down marker/end zone. I really wouldn't mind if he was the week 1 starter.I expect him to be very productive for us.I love his running style, very mature for how little he's actually played. One quick move and drive for some extra yards.

GameTime
06-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Definiitely a quiet superstar that opponents will slowly learn about. Great workhorse with surprising veteran vision and a great nose for the first down marker/end zone. I really wouldn't mind if he was the week 1 starter.
wouldnt call him a workhorse at all. As good as he is when he is in the game he has injury history bigtime. Def not a workhosre

DownWitJPP
06-23-2013, 04:00 PM
for those few games he started last year he was running like a man on a mission, with a purpose. He was plowing people over, and waiting patiently for the holes to open up. He also showed the ability to make people miss once he gets out in space. If he continues to work hard and stay healthy the sky is the limit for him. I was very pleased from what i saw in him. He is much more than a 3rd down back and Wilson will have good competition.

amukamerica
06-23-2013, 04:10 PM
this team might have won a couple more games if Brown didn't go down, after his injury the offense was useless in the redzone.

giantsfan420
06-23-2013, 09:20 PM
this team might have won a couple more games if Brown didn't go down, after his injury the offense was useless in the redzone.i agree for the most part.

we should have (or should have had I guess depending on the FB situation) a solid run game this yr with the capability to do huge things. DW and AB2 are a very nice combo, two diff style runners with their own skill sets. Both are hungry. Both have flashed some serious potential. Should be interesting to see just how much the run game and pass game work in unison...

and while I like AB2, I dunno how many carries I'd want him to avg per game. He has been injured so often, I'd prob try and limit him to 10 touches a game or so to hope that snap count somehow ensures he is healthy all year bc like you said amukamerica, we prob win 1 or 2 more games if we had AB2...

giantsfan420
06-23-2013, 09:23 PM
my favorite thing about AB2, he maximizes as much as he can each run (aside 1 or 2 plays he kinda tripped himself up of the 3rd down marker). He works hard for each and every yard and doesnt take one carry for granted.
he runs like a guy whose been cut 5x or howevermuch its been whose had all the injuries and hes making good on his last real chance. with out offense, it can be too finesse at times. its important to have that kind of physical type runner who runs with grit.